PDA

View Full Version : Evan Turner is a scrub

DuMa
05-24-2014, 11:19 PM
I just noticed he played tonight in the highlights. Didnt Pacer fans say he would be a key player in the playoffs?

Paul George 24
05-24-2014, 11:20 PM
I just noticed he played tonight in the highlights. Didnt Pacer fans say he would be a key player in the playoffs?
hibbert too :coleman:

SavageMode
05-24-2014, 11:25 PM
I knew it. Dude couldn't will the 76ers to wins, he's a scrub.

Phantom84
05-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Tell me about it, can't believe we draft him at number two when Cousin was available.

t-rex
05-24-2014, 11:31 PM
He is yet another example of why stats are overrated. And great NBA players should be judged by the success they lead their team too.

There are a lot of players that can post overrated stats because they play on a bad team. Remember, by rule, somebody has to shoot the ball every time a team has possession. Even if the team is terrible.

Dr.J4ever
05-25-2014, 01:10 AM
He is yet another example of why stats are overrated. And great NBA players should be judged by the success they lead their team too.

There are a lot of players that can post overrated stats because they play on a bad team. Remember, by rule, somebody has to shoot the ball every time a team has possession. Even if the team is terrible.

Spot on. This is why I PRECISELY used Evan Turner as an example when he was still with Sixers when I was debating with another poster sometime back about why stats are overrated, and are not a be all, end all piece of information.

Stats are a function of opportunity and team structure or team system. Many fans on this board act like a 20ppg scorer is equal to any 20ppg scorer in any team.

Time to put the most important stat of all no.1---winning and your impact on it.

tmacattack33
05-25-2014, 01:17 AM

Yeah seriously. Evan Turner doesn't even belong on the court in this series. And in Philly he was their main guy (or second guy, behind Jrue Holiday).

hawksdogsbraves
05-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Everyone has known this since he was a rookie :confusedshrug:

Somehow people started to think he might have been coming around when he was putting up decent stats just by pure usage on some awful Philly teams, it was a facade though he sucked then and he sucks now.

Im so nba'd out
05-25-2014, 01:20 AM
He legit looks like he doesn't belong on the court with all these players i see why they play butler over him.Plus he is a cancer now idk what happened to him

HylianNightmare
05-25-2014, 01:50 AM
i was on his bandwagon :(

bigkingsfan
05-25-2014, 01:58 AM
He lost about 40 million by going to Indiana.

secund2nun
05-25-2014, 02:04 AM

His stats suck anyways. He averages 17.4 ppg on 42.8% fg on 15.4 shots per game plus trash defense. Only fans of overrated low efficiency chuckers thought he was good aka the same people who orgasmed over Ben Gordon in 2004 and said he was better than Dwight Howard and who also jizzed over Brandon Jennings in 09 calling him a future superstar based on one fluke luck game.

navy
05-25-2014, 02:04 AM
To be fair Vogel makes players worse. See Augustine and Green.

strifed169
05-25-2014, 03:28 AM
Some players need to be put in situations to succeed, its obvious Turner is a system player and needs the ball in his hands, same thing as a player like Jeremy Lin under Mcfail, put any NBA player in a role that suits them and they'll most likely excel.

Real14
05-25-2014, 03:57 AM
Yep, so iz paul george.

ILLsmak
05-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Some players need to be put in situations to succeed, its obvious Turner is a system player and needs the ball in his hands, same thing as a player like Jeremy Lin under Mcfail, put any NBA player in a role that suits them and they'll most likely excel.

Nah he's just got some on court anxiety.

-Smak