PDA

View Full Version : The Heat have the two best two way players in the league.

VengefulAngel
05-25-2014, 04:22 AM
and they are efficient, Lebron James is shooting 57 percent in the playoffs and Dwyane 54 percent. Whilst averaging 29 points and 20 points.

Look at this possession on defense.

http://stats.nba.com/gameDetail.html?GameID=0041300303&tabView=playbyplay&GameEventID=341&pv=1&vt=|Pacers%20Turnover:%20Shot%20Clock%20(T#16)|Ind iana Pacers vs. Miami Heat - Saturday, May 24th, 2014

The initial action is pick and roll, the pacers try to swing the ball to lance and Lebron stops this with excellent ball denial, they run another pick and roll and is defended well, it forces a cross court pass which Lebron rotates for his teammate and plays perfect man-man defense forcing a shot clock violation.

Lebron and Wade combined for 7 steals last night, and Lebron is averaging 3 steals.

All this whilst Bosh has been struggling.

navy
05-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Heat defense is scary as fvck when Wade and Lebron are engaged. Definitely the best defensive wing duo in the league, although Id wader Kawhi and Green are more consistent than they are.

VengefulAngel
05-25-2014, 04:30 AM
Heat defense is scary as fvck when Wade and Lebron are engaged. Definitely the best defensive wing duo in the league, although Id wader Kawhi and Green are more consistent then they are.

Yep better defenders but aren't better offensively. Green is actually a better man to man defender than Kawhi.

9erempiree
05-25-2014, 04:43 AM
and they are efficient, Lebron James is shooting 57 percent in the playoffs and Dwyane 54 percent. Whilst averaging 29 points and 20 points.

Look at this possession on defense.

http://stats.nba.com/gameDetail.html?GameID=0041300303&tabView=playbyplay&GameEventID=341&pv=1&vt=|Pacers%20Turnover:%20Shot%20Clock%20(T#16)|Ind iana Pacers vs. Miami Heat - Saturday, May 24th, 2014

The initial action is pick and roll, the pacers try to swing the ball to lance and Lebron stops this with excellent ball denial, they run another pick and roll and is defended well, it forces a cross court pass which Lebron rotates for his teammate and plays perfect man-man defense forcing a shot clock violation.

Lebron and Wade combined for 7 steals last night, and Lebron is averaging 3 steals.

All this whilst Bosh has been struggling.

They have been very effective and good through the flow of the game. I have yet to see them dominate.

There are some signs of dominance by Wade but not enough to say they are actual dominant two way players. They do well in the flow of the game.

VengefulAngel
05-25-2014, 04:45 AM
They have been very effective and good through the flow of the game. I have yet to see them dominate.

There are some signs of dominance by Wade but not enough to say they are actual dominant two way players. They do well in the flow of the game.

Not the whole game, but the important one's, I agree though, they'll need to play with this kind of intensity for the rest of the series and in the NBA finals.

bizil
05-25-2014, 04:46 AM
It's no secret at all! The only question was D-Wade being hobbled with injuries and sitting out games for playoff maintenance. But as SOON as Bron and D-Wade hooked up, it was apparent that they could do down as the BEST PERIMETER DUO EVER! Talent wise, I feel they are! Better than MJ and Pip, West and Baylor, etc. But GOAT wise, they had to build the resume to pass them buy. I think they are past West-Baylor. Only MJ-Pip is in the way GOAT wise. But if u asked who would I rather have MJ-Pip or Wade-Bron, I would take Wade-Bron. In terms of perimeter players who are great scorers, great passers, great rebounders, great defenders, and freak athletes on top of it, MJ, Kobe, Bron, and Wade ARE the Four Horsemen in that realm! Having two of those on the same team in their primes IS EPIC! Wade and Bron are proving it now!!

derb2k2
05-25-2014, 05:38 AM
It's no secret at all! The only question was D-Wade being hobbled with injuries and sitting out games for playoff maintenance. But as SOON as Bron and D-Wade hooked up, it was apparent that they could do down as the BEST PERIMETER DUO EVER! Talent wise, I feel they are! Better than MJ and Pip, West and Baylor, etc. But GOAT wise, they had to build the resume to pass them buy. I think they are past West-Baylor. Only MJ-Pip is in the way GOAT wise. But if u asked who would I rather have MJ-Pip or Wade-Bron, I would take Wade-Bron. In terms of perimeter players who are great scorers, great passers, great rebounders, great defenders, and freak athletes on top of it, MJ, Kobe, Bron, and Wade ARE the Four Horsemen in that realm! Having two of those on the same team in their primes IS EPIC! Wade and Bron are you you proving it now!!

This. I would still take Mj-Pip, but Bron-Wade are a very close 2nd. Production-wise, they are right there.

Real14
05-25-2014, 05:42 AM
No more miami cavalierz?:lol

9erempiree
05-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Lets stop overreacting here. Better than MJ/Pip? :oldlol:

This is coming from a guy that thinks MJ's defense is overrated too.

VengefulAngel
05-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Lets stop overreacting here. Better than MJ/Pip? :oldlol:

This is coming from a guy that thinks MJ's defense is overrated too.

I agree, MJ/Pip were a tier above LBJ/Wade but they are great to watch when they turn it up.

VengefulAngel
05-25-2014, 05:48 AM
No more miami cavalierz?:lol

I've never said it was the Miami Cavs, Lebron is asked to do a lot though but he seems perfectly capable of carrying that burden.

bizil
05-25-2014, 06:23 AM
This. I would still take Mj-Pip, but Bron-Wade are a very close 2nd. Production-wise, they are right there.

I can't really argue that at all! GOAT or historical wise I would take MJ-Pip. But peak value or if I'm starting a team, I would take Lebron and Wade.

Dragonyeuw
05-25-2014, 06:35 AM
The only difference between the two tandems is that Pippen didn't have alpha scoring ability. Otherwise, MJ-Pip's games complimented each other better and they give you everything you need from perimeter players. It was a more natural and organic bond with Pip developing alongside MJ; Lebron and Wade joined as established talents and they don't quite have the same synergy; unfortunately Lebron's peak in 2012 and 2013 coincided with Wade leaving his prime, otherwise we could have seen something even better than what we have. Talent-wise though, easily on par and right behind MJ/Pip on the GOAT list.