PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have Carmelo or Embiid for the next five years?

Akrazotile
05-25-2014, 12:28 PM
You also get JR if you choose Melo.

ImKobe
05-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Let's see Embiid play an NBA game first...

Kblaze8855
05-25-2014, 12:38 PM
I wouldnt need to. Melo is gonna cost me 20 million and I have JR Smith too?

I can have a potentially great or just acceptable bigman for 4-5 million.

Melo would take me years to build the right team around. By then hes 32-33 on the downside still eating a third of my cap.

Id use the 14-17 million id save on Joel to attempt to sign someone I can pair with him.

Jameerthefear
05-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Embiid.

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Very stupid question, Embiid doesn't cost money and is a complete unknown. Impossible to answer cuz if u answer Embiid then u got to throw in someone else to make salaries match. Lets just say you are throwing in D-will to make salaries match, I would go with Melo

Akrazotile
05-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Very stupid question, Embiid doesn't cost money and is a complete unknown. Impossible to answer cuz if u answer Embiid then u got to throw in someone else to make salaries match. Lets just say you are throwing in D-will to make salaries match, I would go with Melo

I'm just asking who you'd rather have for the next five years dude. Don't over think it. You can answer it based on their salaries or you can just do it hypothetically as players. It's your choice. And you don't have to include D-Will.

red1
05-25-2014, 12:48 PM
embiid

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm just asking who you'd rather have for the next five years dude. Don't over think it. You can answer it based on their salaries or you can just do it hypothetically as players. It's your choice. And you don't have to include D-Will.

If we aren't assuming a difference in salaries then the answer is obviously Melo, Embiid is a project that will take years to develop.

red1
05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
I didnt read the op so I missed this. You should package an std with embiid just to balance it out.

Embiid and genital herpes or melo and jr?

secund2nun
05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Let's see...Melo is the most diverse scorer of all time aka best scorer of all time, ultra efficient, a complete player, an ultra super star, a bargain value, and is an automatic trip to the conference finals...Melo by miles.

Jk....Embiid easily. Melo won't win you anything and is vastly overpaid/overrated. I'll take my chances on Embiid.

Uncle Drew
05-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I didnt read the op so I missed this. You should package an std with embiid just to balance it out.

Embiid and genital herpes, easily.

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 12:55 PM

Throw in a 15 mil contract for the genital herpes.

red1
05-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Embiid and genital herpes, easily.
at least they have medication for that shit. jr is like the rash that doesnt go away and also likes to chuck your team out of wins

SilkkTheShocker
05-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Embiid all day.

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 12:58 PM
at least they have medication for that shit. jr is like the rash that doesnt go away and also likes to chuck your team out of wins

If Jr was healthy at the beginning of the season and didn't get supended, that woulda been enough to get the Knicks the 8 seed and we would be having a knicks heat ecf right now.

Jameerthefear
05-25-2014, 01:05 PM
if if if. all i hear from knick's fans :roll:

red1
05-25-2014, 01:05 PM
If Jr was healthy at the beginning of the season and didn't get supended, that woulda been enough to get the Knicks the 8 seed and we would be having a knicks heat ecf right now.
Knicks sucked this year and wouldnt make it past both the hawks and the wizards. They didnt lose 45 games on purpose

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Knicks sucked this year and wouldnt make it past both the hawks and the wizards. They didnt lose 45 games on purpose

No, but they did lose most of those games due to injury/playing injured. The difference between first half amare/jr and 2nd half is like night and day, they went from complete liabilities to pretty solid players.

red1
05-25-2014, 01:09 PM
No, but they did lose most of those games due to injury/playing injured. The difference between first half amare/jr and 2nd half is like night and day, they went from complete liabilities to pretty solid players.
Bro I caught many knick games this year. Yeah they had some injuries but they were awful at everything. Terrible late game execution, terrible defense, just a shitload of problems. A team like that would be foddered in the playoffs

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Embiid has no post game and alredy has chronic back problems

he'll b a decent d# big who mite b able to get sum rebs 4 u

hes a role player

Trollsmasher
05-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Embiid already has more all around impact than Melo ever had and he is on a rookie contract:confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Embiid and i like Melo
wouldnt be surprised if Embiid becomes the best player on his own team in his rookie year:confusedshrug:

Real14
05-25-2014, 02:28 PM
if if if. all i hear from knick's fans :roll:
magic fans never had a title:coleman: and Melo did better than tha damn raptors franchise so idk why red1 iz talking shit.

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Embiid ceiling is Marcus camby

Real14
05-25-2014, 02:30 PM
there iz nuttin but haterz on here to pick a damn rookie bigman that's not even a rook yet over Melo. Pathetic OP and pathetic posters who don't pick Melo:coleman:

Inferno
05-25-2014, 02:31 PM
When/If Melo goes to the Bulls and starts challenging LeBron and the Heat, y'all will finally respect him. :facepalm

With that said, Embiid.

Real14
05-25-2014, 02:35 PM
keep believing that fairytale:coleman:

RidonKs
05-25-2014, 03:18 PM
smith does not sweeten the deal. melo has his own problems but they've long been compounded by having smith as his wingman for the last half dozen years. jr smith belongs in one of two scenarios; putting up inefficient numbers on a bad team, or sparking the second unit of a successful teams for 20-25 minutes a night. and the latter is entirely hypothetical. any other scenario, he's a nightmare.

at the same price for the next five years, assuming a roster with a fresh start, i'd lean melo who is an established certainty. but embiid on his rookie contract is the far better option even with the health risk, since melo's career is slowly running out of time and it's impossible to tell how well he could do under different circumstances.

red1
05-25-2014, 03:19 PM
smith does not sweeten the deal. melo has his own problems but they've long been compounded by having smith as his wingman for the last half dozen years. jr smith belongs in one of two scenarios; putting up inefficient numbers on a bad team, or sparking the second unit of a successful teams for 20-25 minutes a night. and the latter is entirely hypothetical. any other scenario, he's a nightmare.

at the same price for the next five years, assuming a roster with a fresh start, i'd lean melo who is an established certainty. but embiid on his rookie contract is the far better option even with the health risk, since melo's career is slowly running out of time and it's impossible to tell how well he could do under different circumstances.
so embiid and herpes it is?

RidonKs
05-25-2014, 03:22 PM
the melo hate is a lot like the kobe hate from 05 or 06, before the lakers finally got him some real help. and i remember it well because i was on that hater wagon even as a lakers fan.

kobe's only reliable teammate was lamar fking odom. carmelo's only reliable teammate is currently tyson chandler who can't stay on the floor.

i'd like to see melo play somewhere with a chance to succeed, and i hope he finds it. he did well enough with billups, martin, nene in denver and that team wasn't exactly stacked.

Kiddlovesnets
05-25-2014, 03:25 PM

Now this is a serious discussion.
:lol

BlkMambaGOAT
05-25-2014, 03:28 PM
JR is a cancer to any team. He's bad enough to be a poor man's Haren (cue the gasp). As soon as Melo is on a team without JR, results might actually come.

Ah who am I kidding, Melo is this era's Alex English/Dominique Wilkins (fat version doe). He ain't winning rings...at least not with the Knicks:lol :lol :lol

16X
05-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I take Melo easily

if I'm the Memphis Grizzlies. If I'm most any other team, give me the soon to be rook.

GimmeThat
05-25-2014, 03:46 PM
I would pay Melo 15mil + to close to 17mil. one that is similar to Harden.

But no, you take Embiid.

Because why would you want to voluntarily pay 15 mil+ for your 2nd option.
:biggums:

If I didn't make it easier for ya
knowing how Melo's first 5 years have panned out, would you draft him, or Embiid who is an unknown?

insert every scout comment "well, if I got the balls...."