PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boys actually won 3 straight titles...

stalkerforlife
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
If the refs had not called that PHANTOM foul on Laimbeer, the Pistons win that game in 1988 and win THREE STRAIGHT WORLD TITLES. Watch the reply, Lambeer did NOT foul Kareem in the closing moments of game 6.

Therefore, Zeke would be higher on the all time list. Magic would be LOWER. The Pistons would be a more respected dynasty.

Magic was GIVEN a title in 1988.

robert_shaww
05-25-2014, 04:03 PM
If the refs had not called that PHANTOM foul on Laimbeer, the Pistons win that game in 1988 and win THREE STRAIGHT WORLD TITLES. Watch the reply, Lambeer did NOT foul Kareem in the closing moments of game 6.

Therefore, Zeke would be higher on the all time list. Magic would be LOWER. The Pistons would be a more respected dynasty.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nj04ygO1s5o/UrykjCvtl5I/AAAAAAAAPg4/9NOXpGFbhRU/s1600/op-in-his-thread.gif

ralph_i_el
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
If the refs had not called that PHANTOM foul on Laimbeer,

If the refs had called more of Laimbeer's real fouls the Pistons wouldn't have made the finals :confusedshrug:

Stringer Bell
08-08-2014, 05:18 PM
No guarantee the Pistons would have won without a foul call. Worthy looked to be in good rebounding position.

Magic would still have the edge over Isiah in numerous areas. Title rings, regular season MVPs, finals MVPs, all-NBA teams. Better statistics, with pretty large advantages in FG%, assist-to-turnover ratio, and obviously rebounding as Magic was such a tall guard who could grab the boards.

Isiah was, however, better at commentating and using condoms.

Real14
08-08-2014, 05:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nj04ygO1s5o/UrykjCvtl5I/AAAAAAAAPg4/9NOXpGFbhRU/s1600/op-in-his-thread.gif
what tha phook:oldlol:

G.O.A.T
08-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Pistons were better than year for sure. Lot's of bad calls in game six and seven. Riley and Kareem both used to act like that was a good call, Kareem still does, but he's never been one to admit any of his short comings or play anything but a victim, Riley however has admitted it was not a foul. Laimbeer says he defended plays that way hundreds of times and he never got called for it, let alone in the finals seconds of a series deciding game. If that game goes to overtime, I think the Pistons win. But it's an if. Even if Isiah stays healthy it's an if. But game seven was too tall a task with a hobbled Isiah that much is for sure.

Artillery
08-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Pretty much agree. Magic's a great player but his untouchable all-time status is based more on myth than reality. In 1987, Magic's Lakers had the weakest run to a title in NBA history. In the Finals, they played an injured Celtics team. In '88, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Pistons but the league didn't want a team from Detroit winning the title.

stalkerforlife
08-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Pretty much agree. Magic's a great player but his untouchable all-time status is based more on myth than reality. In 1987, Magic's Lakers had the weakest run to a title in NBA history. In the Finals, they played an injured Celtics team. In '88, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Pistons but the league didn't want a team from Detroit winning the title.

Magic certainly is not the greatest Laker ever, like so many claim. He had stacked teams and poor competition up until the finals.

Like a brilliant man once said...

"HE HAS AIDS!"

D-Rose
08-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Magic certainly is not the greatest Laker ever, like so many claim. He had stacked teams and poor competition up until the finals.

"HE HAS AIDS!"
First of all, Magic has never had AIDS. What does that comment even mean?

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling Magic the greatest Laker ever. Universally, Lakers fans will have no issue with it.

JohnnySic
08-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Agreed, I've always said this. No Isiah injury + no bogus foul on Laimbeer = 3 straight titles.

Hell, I think the Pistons would have beaten that much-ballyhooed '87 Lakers team too; they matched up so favorably against the Lakers. They just had too much bad luck in the conference finals and Bird had that epic steal.

SpecialQue
08-08-2014, 08:27 PM
No, they actually didn't win three straight titles. I checked. It didn't happen.

ProfessorMurder
08-08-2014, 08:37 PM
No, they actually didn't win three straight titles. I checked. It didn't happen.

This.

But I like to think they did, and that the Spurs won last year. Closest losses, both should've been W's.

Prometheus
08-08-2014, 08:50 PM
For real? :oldlol:

A Kobetard wants to bring up bad officiating and unearned titles?

Did you watch the NBA in 2002?

Have you ever heard of Tim Donaghy?

stalkerforlife
08-08-2014, 10:26 PM
For real? :oldlol:

A Kobetard wants to bring up bad officiating and unearned titles?

Did you watch the NBA in 2002?

Have you ever heard of Tim Donaghy?

George Carlin was an asshole.

russwest0
08-08-2014, 10:27 PM
I was going to make this thread a while back :applause:

The amount of titles the Lakers have been gifted is alarming.

zoom17
08-08-2014, 10:29 PM

http://media0.giphy.com/media/xB8Y7JHuNHhXW/200_s.gif

ralph_i_el
08-08-2014, 11:23 PM
just because the bad call was at the end of the game doesn't make it any more important. You can't find another call that went the pistons way when it should have gone for the Lakers?

until you comb the entire game for officiating mishaps, SHUT THE **** UP.

stalkerforlife
08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
just because the bad call was at the end of the game doesn't make it any more important. You can't find another call that went the pistons way when it should have gone for the Lakers?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

G.O.A.T
08-09-2014, 08:31 AM
just because the bad call was at the end of the game doesn't make it any more important.

Of course it does. There is less time for other calls/breaks/plays to even it out. That's why officials are typically less likely to make a call very late in a game unless it's blatant.

Besides that game was filled with bad calls and a pro Lakers whistle. The Lakers shot 43 free throws that game, 16 more than Detroit and the Pistons were whistled for 10 more fouls. A huge disparity and not consistent with the rest of the series or the playoffs.

The Pistons lost because of breaks luck and bad calls, doesn't mean you get to take the title away from LA, but those are the facts.

08-09-2014, 09:33 AM

^^^^^
That's how Christopher Columbus felt like when he suggested the world was round.

08-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Calm down Jesus freak.

ArbitraryWater
08-09-2014, 09:47 AM
First of all, Magic has never had AIDS. What does that comment even mean?

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling Magic the greatest Laker ever. Universally, Lakers fans will have no issue with it.

It's like this story about the woman that killed her mom and father... 40 knife hits, then 41.. dunno lol

ArbitraryWater
08-09-2014, 09:48 AM

:wtf: :facepalm

Stringer Bell
08-09-2014, 07:22 PM
It's just a rhyme, Lizzie Borden didn't really whack her mom 40 times and dad 41 times with an axe.

She prolly did kill them though and was lucky to get acquitted.

eliteballer
08-09-2014, 07:36 PM
It WAS a foul he jumped into Kareem, and if Magic and Scott were healthy the next year lakers would have beat them in 89 too.

ArbitraryWater
08-09-2014, 08:34 PM
It's just a rhyme, Lizzie Borden didn't really whack her mom 40 times and dad 41 times with an axe.

She prolly did kill them though and was lucky to get acquitted.

Yea I saw it here on TV and they said it's like a Kids rhyme wtf?!

She really was the only one who came in question for it, too? Why wasn't she sentenced?

Totally off topic I know

MadSolar
08-09-2014, 08:40 PM

Wow I hope you aint serious.... tha *** you smokin?

That_Admiral
08-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I agree that the foul should have not been called, but it's amazing what one call can do to change NBA history, who knows what might have happened if they won it.

Prometheus
08-10-2014, 12:27 AM

I like this reply. It shows that you know I'm right and don't have a legitimate response.

Not to mention George Carlin WAS a total asshole, and most of us loved him for it :cheers:

stalkerforlife
08-10-2014, 12:31 AM
I like this reply. It shows that you know I'm right and don't have a legitimate response.

Not to mention George Carlin WAS a total asshole, and most of us loved him for it :cheers:

Suck me, beautiful.

Genaro
08-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Why does americans keep calling NBA champions "world champions"? It's fcking ridiculous. FFS stop it already..

Relinquish
08-10-2014, 01:35 AM

"HE HAS AIDS!"

Still better than Kobe.

stalkerforlife
08-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Why does americans keep calling NBA champions "world champions"? It's fcking ridiculous. FFS stop it already..

America > Europe

Stringer Bell
08-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Yea I saw it here on TV and they said it's like a Kids rhyme wtf?!

She really was the only one who came in question for it, too? Why wasn't she sentenced?

Totally off topic I know

I guess she had a good defense team and the prosecution didn't have enough strong evidence or did a poor job.

It is pretty sick and morbid that there's a kid's rhyme about someone who murdered her parents with repeated whacks from an axe.

They do that for other sports like baseball and American football too.

And then in boxing you can have up to 232 world champs per division.