PDA

View Full Version : The rigging of game 3 between OKC and SPURS is one folr the ages

robert_shaww
05-25-2014, 10:49 PM
I said it 100 times. the 2014 nba finals is miami vs okc

but all this rigging in game 3 is unbelievable....is not funny anymore...2012 all over again.

GabeIsGone
05-25-2014, 10:56 PM

but all this rigging in game 3 is unbelievable....is not funny anymore...2012 all over again.
yup

Black Magic
05-25-2014, 11:10 PM

I didn't see the game, what happened exactly? Free throws? was it noticeably bad?

Droid101
05-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Personal Fouls

OKC: 24

SA: 20

RIGGED!!!!!

zoom17
05-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Personal Fouls

RIGGED!!!!!

:biggums:

J Shuttlesworth
05-26-2014, 01:51 AM
Personal Fouls

RIGGED!!!!!

Uhh what?

OKC: 31

SA: 16

In the 3rd:

OKC: 22
SA: 0

The Sting
05-26-2014, 01:55 AM
Lol

KG215
05-26-2014, 02:06 AM
So do we just ignore the 6 or so FTs Adams shot because the Spurs intentionall fouled him? I'm not talking about just the one time they went "Hack-a-Adams", either. There were two other times Adams got the ball around the basket and the Spurs intentionally fouled to avoid giving up an easy dunk. So now you have, what, 7-8 other fouls that led to FTs in the 3rd quarter. I can think of one, maybe two that were ticky-tack fouls. The one that I wasn't sure about was the foul out on the perimeter where they called a hold on Belinelli guarding Durant.

I also remember the Spurs shooting mostly 3s and long 2s in the 3rd quarter and very rarely attacking the basket.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-26-2014, 02:09 AM
So do we just ignore the 6 or so FTs Adams shot because the Spurs intentionall fouled him? I'm not talking about just the one time they went "Hack-a-Adams", either. There were two other times Adams got the ball around the basket and the Spurs intentionally fouled to avoid giving up an easy dunk. So now you have, what, 7-8 other fouls that led to FTs in the 3rd quarter. I can think of one, maybe two that were ticky-tack fouls. The one that I wasn't sure about was the foul out on the perimeter where they called a hold on Belinelli guarding Durant.

I also remember the Spurs shooting mostly 3s and long 2s in the 3rd quarter and very rarely attacking the basket.
your team got bailed out againn, no talking around it
22FTA vs 0 from the Spurs in the 3rd quater
that phantom foul on millswas just:biggums: :biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

tpols
05-26-2014, 02:16 AM

The few times the Spurs drove the basket they got no respect.. I remember one play where they stole the ball and had a 3 on 1 with Duncan Kawhi and Parker and Duncan got hacked with no call.. which led to Okc coming down the next play and getting points.. The Mills offensive foul. These calls just kill momentum.

Meanwhile westbrook can just fling himself into the first row every play and shoot FTs.. Durant can lean into you on a push shot and fall and get FTs. It was just blatantly biased for Thunder. You touch them it's a foul but they can ride the Spurs.

Random_Guy
05-26-2014, 02:21 AM
yeah really, i watched the game too. it was just ridiculous. I mean we are talking about pro ball here, how is it possible for the free throws to be 22-0 in one quarter? its true that okc was more aggresive this game going into the paint, but this is just ridiculous,

tgan3
05-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Spurs fan, now you have the taste of what happened to Clips in game 5 and 6.
Thunders fan will always say that its because you aren't aggressive enough that's why they have more free throws or that all their phantom fouls are valid and fair game...

Prepare to lose this series.

Threethrows
05-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Personal Fouls

RIGGED!!!!!

Are you that much of a simpleton? If that's as deep as you are willing to dig for analysis it either means you have an agenda or are just not that smart.

icewill36
05-26-2014, 02:34 AM
the spurs were outplayed tonight period

there is no denying that. how come none of you said anything about the refs when it was lopsided for the spurs in the first half ?

Natureland
05-26-2014, 02:38 AM
I'm downloading this game and gonna watch the third. It better be the most rigged game of the decade with the way you guys are talking about it. :mad:

Aussie_86
05-26-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm downloading this game and gonna watch the third. It better be the most rigged game of the decade with the way you guys are talking about it. :mad:

it wasn't these guys are just all but hurt and obviously have never played a game of basketball in there lives ( hence the 10,000 + posts ) . Try defending durant or westbrook on the drive no one is going to defend that legally and if you do its probably a 10% chance. They also hacked adams and no one on the spurs drives to draw a foul period. Which IMO shows how good spurs are they just run plays and get ppl open, the team shot at sub 40% except for manu thats why they weren't closer.

bukowski81
05-26-2014, 02:58 AM
it wasn't these guys are just all but hurt and obviously have never played a game of basketball in there lives ( hence the 10,000 + posts ) . Try defending durant or westbrook on the drive no one is going to defend that legally and if you do its probably a 10% chance. They also hacked adams and no one on the spurs drives to draw a foul period. Which IMO shows how good spurs are they just run plays and get ppl open, the team shot at sub 40% except for manu thats why they weren't closer.

Parker and Ginobili are as good as anyone at driving to the basket and drawing fouls.

But yeah, people need to stop crying every game. OKC played better, with more energy and more urgency and deserved the win. Still i Think the Spurs are the better team and will en up winning the series.

KDthunderup
05-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Parker and Ginobili are as good as anyone at driving to the basket and drawing fouls.
Just re watched the 3rd again and I dont think Parker drived right into the paint once

qrich
05-26-2014, 03:02 AM
This entire postseason has been rigged historically for the Thunder. Just sad how legit posters can't admit to their team having a huge officiating advantage for the entire payoffs.

No idea how someone can enjoy such a disgusting display. But then again what do you expect from hicks.

toooo
05-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Gross. Just gross. That 3rd quarter was epically rigged. The f/t disparity was historical.

bukowski81
05-26-2014, 03:11 AM
Just re watched the 3rd again and I dont think Parker drived right into the paint once

I wasnt talking about that specific game, was replying to the guy that said that the Spurs dont have anyone that atack the basket and rely on just finding the open shot.

KG215
05-26-2014, 03:32 AM
The few times the Spurs drove the basket they got no respect.. I remember one play where they stole the ball and had a 3 on 1 with Duncan Kawhi and Parker and Duncan got hacked with no call.. which led to Okc coming down the next play and getting points.. The Mills offensive foul. These calls just kill momentum.

Meanwhile westbrook can just fling himself into the first row every play and shoot FTs.. Durant can lean into you on a push shot and fall and get FTs. It was just blatantly biased for Thunder. You touch them it's a foul but they can ride the Spurs.
Right. My bad.

OKC wins = only/mostly because of the refs. Never mind the string of bad calls in the first half that were in the Spurs favor and a big reason they were hanging around in the first place. It's only biased/rigged/bad officiating when it favors the Thunder and Heat.

KG215
05-26-2014, 03:36 AM
how come none of you said anything about the refs when it was lopsided for the spurs in the first half ?
Because it's only bad, biased, rigged, lopsided, etc. officiating when questionable calls are going in favor of the Thunder and Heat. That's it. Every other team in the league receives fair, objective officiating every game they play...except when they play the Heat and Thunder. Then they get unfair treatment and, any time they lose, it's thanks in large part to unbelievably biased officiating.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Right. My bad.

OKC wins = only/mostly because of the refs. Never mind the string of bad calls in the first half that were in the Spurs favor and a big reason they were hanging around in the first place. It's only biased/rigged/bad officiating when it favors the Thunder and Heat.
lol you were once a great poster but you just cant admit Kd is stinking up this post season and gets saved by the refs nearly every game
what up man:biggums:

MiseryCityTexas
05-26-2014, 03:39 AM

Looks like the Heat are gonna win another championship.

Adam Silver
05-26-2014, 03:47 AM
I made the call at halftime just like I said I would.

ArbitraryWater
05-26-2014, 03:50 AM

Dude, your team won due to the refs again.... WHATS ****IN NEW? WHY STILL MAKE EXCUSES AROUND IT?

KG215
05-26-2014, 03:59 AM
Dude, your team won due to the refs again.... WHATS ****IN NEW? WHY STILL MAKE EXCUSES AROUND IT?
20 point lead before garbage time = win because of the refs. Got it.

And where did I make excuses? I'm pointing out valid reasons as to why the number of FTA for teach team was lopsided because, as is the case with you and all the other blind, mouthbreathing dipshits that incessantly complain about any and everything Thunder related, there's absolutely no objectivity or common sense being displayed. As usual, it's blind, irrational, "maybe if I yell loud enough people will read my post and respect me" bullshit being posted after another OKC playoff win.

catquickspider
05-26-2014, 04:14 AM
The sad thing is that when the Thunder face Miami they get zero respect. Miami is on another level when it comes to having the refs in their pockets :lol

Natureland
05-26-2014, 04:18 AM
Just watched the quarter. Saw legitimately one call I completely disagreed with (Marco being called for a foul for denying KD the ball) and two that were iffy but could understand why they were called (KD getting undercut by Parker on a break and Ibaka getting fouled by Splitter on a jumper).

OKC was far more aggressive than SA and was looking to drive throughout the entire period and killed the Spurs on the offensive boards (there was one possession where KD and Adams alone got 4 offensive boards and once they got the offensive rebound off a missed FT by Adams).

So what the **** is wrong with you people? :biggums:

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 04:20 AM
Just watched the quarter. Saw legitimately one call I completely disagreed with (Marco being called for a foul for denying KD the ball) and two that were iffy but could understand why they were called (KD getting undercut by Parker on a break and Ibaka getting fouled by Splitter on a jumper).

OKC was far more aggressive than SA and was looking to drive throughout the entire period and killed the Spurs on the offensive boards (there was one possession where KD and Adams alone got 4 offensive boards and once they got the offensive rebound off a missed FT by Adams).

So what the **** is wrong with you people? :biggums:
They're whiny babies. I thought you'd be used to it now, it's the same every time OKC wins.

zass
05-26-2014, 04:21 AM
not that i care who gets into the final.
But please discuss this gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfitPresentEwe.gif

Natureland
05-26-2014, 04:22 AM
They're whiny babies. I thought you'd be used to it now, it's the same every time OKC wins.
I usually am but the way these guys crashed the board and whined I thought KD was getting rip-through fouls at halfcourt and Russ was punching guys in the face on And 1's. OKC was just far more determined to get to the basket than SA.

Natureland
05-26-2014, 04:24 AM

Now THIS was a bad call. Won't hear any argument from me.

qrich
05-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Hicks are in full force tonight

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Now THIS was a bad call. Won't hear any argument from me.
No. The FOUL CALL was correct.. it's just that the shot should have counted. He tripped him.. but the shot was already released so according to my understanding of the rules is that the shot counts.

SexSymbol
05-26-2014, 04:43 AM
The same thing happened in PAC-MIA G1, legitimate fouls. That's what happens when you go hard in the paint and other team is shooting jumpers.
You guys just don't know how to lose, grow up

Myth
05-26-2014, 04:53 AM

I missed the 2nd half of the game due to catching X-men, so this is my first time seeing this play. That is terrible. The worst part is the timing of the call. It truly looks like he decided to call it when the basket went in.

tgan3
05-26-2014, 04:57 AM
I missed the 2nd half of the game due to catching X-men, so this is my first time seeing this play. That is terrible. The worst part is the timing of the call. It truly looks like he decided to call it when the basket went in.

If it was the thunder shooting it, I guarantee the refs would award the 4 point play.

KobeClutchAsFK
05-26-2014, 05:01 AM
TBH, the only calls that really stood out to me as "rigging" was them waiving off the Mills 3, and then letting Adams ride Tim Duncan like a bull for no call, and then giving adams FTs with no contact on the other end.

All these came right as the spurs were about to take back the momentum.

Byobob
05-26-2014, 05:08 AM

This. He signaled a 3 and when it went in, he waved it off. :lol :lol :lol

Sharmer
05-26-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm not sure if this game, proves the NBA is rigged, however, I do concede, that the NBA is corrupt. There is insurmountable evidence, to support such a notion. We know that the NBA, does not act on principle. We only need at the recent Sterling matter, to conclude, that the NBA at the very least, is very biased. They immediately joined in and are nothing by colluding to oust Sterling. Only a absurd, NBA constitution allows to do so.

Myth
05-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Is there video of that waved off 3? I want to see more of Mills' reaction, and hear the commentary.

j3lademaster
05-26-2014, 06:56 AM
TBH, the only calls that really stood out to me as "rigging" was them waiving off the Mills 3, and then letting Adams ride Tim Duncan like a bull for no call, and then giving adams FTs with no contact on the other end.

All these came right as the spurs were about to take back the momentum.actually, they let a foul on kd go on the other end after what should have been a loose ball foul on adams. The call on mills is baffling though. I guess i can see the foul, definitely a stretch, but it might have been. All i know is that 3 should have counted regardless.

sd3035
05-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Refs tried hard but OKC actually beat the rig :bowdown:

GODbe
05-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Personal Fouls

RIGGED!!!!!
:applause: The calls were legit.

SpaceJammeR
05-26-2014, 07:17 AM

wow how obvious could that have been? durant trips and no call was given until he made the shot??? wtf:lol :lol

Adam Silver
05-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Refs tried hard but OKC actually beat the rig :bowdown:

You're a funny dude if you believe I would rig a sweep in favor of the Spurs.

KG215
05-26-2014, 12:47 PM
The only bad part about the Mills call was them not still giving him the 3 points. The call itself is one that is made from time to time and should be made more often instead of always giving the offensive player three FTs. When the shooter kicks out his leg and draws contact with a defender, it's supposed to be an offensive foul. But given when the ref called the foul, the basket still should've counted.

All Net
05-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Refs weren't actually that bad last night.

wally_world
05-26-2014, 01:27 PM

Mills tripped KD

jcsrplumply
05-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Mills tripped KD
After he shot the ball though normally that would still account to points.

maybeshewill13
05-27-2014, 12:46 AM
The only bad part about the Mills call was them not still giving him the 3 points. The call itself is one that is made from time to time and should be made more often instead of always giving the offensive player three FTs. When the shooter kicks out his leg and draws contact with a defender, it's supposed to be an offensive foul. But given when the ref called the foul, the basket still should've counted.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. People just copy what the announcers say and it's wrong. The only arguable thing about that play is if it's a foul or not, and it was. Mills clearly stuck out his foot (not his normal shooting motion, watch videos of his on youtube) and tripped Durant.

Official rules quote below that I found last night.

Section VII—Offensive Fouls
a. A personal foul assessed against an offensive player which is neither punching or flagrant shall be penalized in the following manner:
(1) No points can be scored by the offensive team
(2) The offending player is charged with a personal
foul
(3) The offending team is not charged with a team foul

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...-Rule-Book.pdf

Magic731
05-27-2014, 12:48 AM
No. This is wrong.

jcsrplumply
05-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Wrong, wrong, wrong. People just copy what the announcers say and it's wrong. The only arguable thing about that play is if it's a foul or not, and it was. Mills clearly stuck out his foot (not his normal shooting motion, watch videos of his on youtube) and tripped Durant.

Official rules quote below that I found last night.
Oh, okay. Thanks I guess.
Watching the Spurs often though, he does that from time to time but not all the time.
http://youtu.be/ZJpxJQ5Ya7I?t=36s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUBWheJA2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSNX6UqCD4

oh, my bad. Just searched about this and there is this rule called "Reggie Miller rule"

maybeshewill13
05-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Oh, okay. Thanks I guess.
Watching the Spurs often though, he does that from time to time but not all the time.
http://youtu.be/ZJpxJQ5Ya7I?t=36s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUBWheJA2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSNX6UqCD4

oh, my bad. Just searched about this and there is this rule called "Reggie Miller rule"
Notice how the only times he does it is when he has the opportunity to make contact with the defender and try to draw a foul? That's exactly what the Reggie Miller rule is there to stop.

This video is from this year and he never does it once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-lNhNBisQ

poido123
05-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Mills tripped KD

Very slightly, and we are talking about the offensive player who has nothing to gain from it. :lol

Bad call any way you look at it though.

Adam Silver
05-27-2014, 02:32 AM
Offensive foul on Mills.

Big#50
05-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Durant showing the ref how hard he'd dive for his dick.