playoffs>

VengefulAngel
05-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Only called it when it went in. Spurs should have walked off the floor

Reggie Miller's reaction was hilarious.

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Only called it when it went in. Spurs should have walked off the floor

Even if it was an offensive foul, the basket should still count (the rulebook says if the ball is out of your hands when the foul is committing it still counts).

These ****ers literally went against the rule. :facepalm

JohnFreeman
05-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Reggie Miller's reaction was hilarious.
Any youtube video? I turned the game off at that point

bigkingsfan
05-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Even if it was an offensive foul, the basket should still count (the rulebook says if the ball is out of your hands when the foul is committing it still counts).

Where in the rule book does it say that? I've seen ball leaving the players hand and they end up charging the defender, no basket.

JohnMax
05-26-2014, 06:32 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfitPresentEwe.gif

b0bab0i
05-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Did you miss ending of game 5 with thunder and clippers? Ball was clearly out on okc. Then Westbrook gets 3 foul shots.

derb2k2
05-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Yea. No denying this call is downright disgusting. I just want to know how much the ref was getting paid.

j3lademaster
05-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Agreed. That looked like a normal follow-through.

JohnFreeman
05-26-2014, 06:42 AM
When is the NBA apology?

navy
05-26-2014, 06:47 AM
It's not that baffling. The referee couldnt tell if the ball was released before the foul or not (real time) but he planned on letting it go if the shot missed because it was so close to a non kickout. He called the foul cause he made the shot. Took away the three point because he didnt know he got it off on time.

Probably gave OKC the benefit of the doubt.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-lNhNBisQ

Does he flick his foot out in any of those? No.

Y'all nikkas paranoid as shit.. :facepalm

Magic731
05-26-2014, 07:18 AM
As you can see from the Lowry call, this is an offensive foul in the NBA. What is baffling?

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 07:34 AM
As you can see from the Lowry call, this is an offensive foul in the NBA. What is baffling?

Maybe it was. But if the shot is released before the foul (as it clearly was), the basket still counts.

Kerr, Reggie and some other studio analysts all agreed.

navy
05-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Maybe it was. But if the shot is released before the foul (as it clearly was), the basket still counts.

Replay vs Real time. :confusedshrug:

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 07:37 AM

Yes I think we all know it should have counted.. but it was also a foul. Refs screwed up. Crying about it constantly over countless threads won't fix it. OKC outplayed the Spurs last night, that's all there is to it. They're still up 2-1 and clearly have the advantage with home court, even if OKC wins the next game.

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Yes I think we all know it should have counted.. but it was also a foul. Refs screwed up. Crying about it constantly over countless threads won't fix it. OKC outplayed the Spurs last night, that's all there is to it. They're still up 2-1 and clearly have the advantage with home court, even if OKC wins the next game.

If that counted we would have been down five. It didn't, then the Thunder went on a run. Of course it matters. It changed the game.

I'm just saying it's pathetic how all the most obviously missed calls seem to go in the Thunder's favour, 99% of the time. I mean, the refs handed the Spurs like 8 FTs at the end of the game to even out the stats. If they're gonna **** up so badly (there's not a scenario in which one team should shoot 22 FTs in one quarter and the other shoot none), at least own it.

It's funny though, because you were calling rigged all throughout the gamethread. The refs ****ed us over in 2012, they ****ed the Clippers over this year, and now it appears they might be doing it again. We deserved to lose, but that's no excuse. It's precedent we're talking about here.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 07:51 AM
If that counted we would have been down five. It didn't, then the Thunder went on a run. Of course it matters. It changed the game.

I'm just saying it's pathetic how all the most obviously missed calls seem to go in the Thunder's favour, 99% of the time. I mean, the refs handed the Spurs like 8 FTs at the end of the game to even out the stats. If they're gonna **** up so badly (there's not a scenario in which one team should shoot 22 FTs in one quarter and the other shoot none), at least own it.

It's funny though, because you were calling rigged all throughout the gamethread. The refs ****ed us over in 2012, they ****ed the Clippers over this year, and now it appears they might be doing it again. We deserved to lose, but that's no excuse. It's precedent we're talking about here.
Except for you know, the first half where the Thunder were completely ****ed over.. but where's the mountains of threads about that? Oh.. that doesn't fit the Thunder hating circle-jerk on this forum does it? You sound like a whiny bitch. Move on.

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:13 AM

:facepalm

No.

Dont be so bias. That was a foul.

Also you are interpreting the rule incorrectly.

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:28 AM

I think you and they are confused.

If the ball is released and there is an off the ball foul, then the basket counts.

Clearly this entire play had to do with the shooter.

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 08:29 AM
:facepalm

No.

Dont be so bias. That was a foul.

Also you are interpreting the rule incorrectly.

No, I'm not. If the shot leaves the players' hands before the foul, the basket counts as well as the foul.

Not that it was even a foul anyway. Durant tripped over Patty and the ref called it only when the ball went it.

Everybody knows it was a blown call. :facepalm

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 08:32 AM
No, I'm not. If the shot leaves the players' hands before the foul, the basket counts as well as the foul.

Not that it was even a foul anyway. Durant tripped over Patty and the ref called it only when the ball went it.

It was a FOUL you delusional buffoon. In what world is it not? He stuck his leg out of the motion of shooting and made contact with the opponent.

Look at this video from this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-lNhNBisQ

Does he stick his leg out like he did today? No. Contact was made. Foul. Deal with it.

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 08:33 AM
It was a FOUL you delusional buffoon. In what world is it not? He stuck his leg out of the motion of shooting and made contact with the opponent.

Look at this video from this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-lNhNBisQ

Does he stick his leg out like he did today? No. Contact was made. Foul. Deal with it.

Alright, let's say it was a foul.

The fact still remains the refs took away 3 huge points from the Spurs.

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:34 AM

So if I drive to the basket, release the ball, then get a chrging call, and the ball goes in the basket should count.???

Not sure what version of basketball youre watching.

Btw I ref high school, university and mens league games.

#8 clearly stuck his leg out on the shot in attempts to draw a shooting foul.

Correct call all day long

Jameerthefear
05-26-2014, 08:37 AM
if u think that was a foul then u have autism

T_L_P
05-26-2014, 08:38 AM
So if I drive to the basket, release the ball, then get a chrging call, and the ball goes in the basket should count.???

Not sure what version of basketball youre watching.

Btw I ref high school, university and mens league games.

#8 clearly stuck his leg out on the shot in attempts to draw a shooting foul.

Correct call all day long

Nope, because a charge is a completely different thing.

Reggie, Kerr, and the studio analysts (for NBA Gametime) all said the shot should have counted and that the ref screwed it up.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Alright, let's say it was a foul.

The fact still remains the refs took away 3 huge points from the Spurs.

Reggie, Kerr, and the studio analysts (for NBA Gametime) all said the shot should have counted and that the ref screwed it up.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. They don't know the rule apparently.

Section VII—Offensive Fouls
a. A personal foul assessed against an offensive player which is neither punching or flagrant shall be penalized in the following manner:
(1) No points can be scored by the offensive team
(2) The offending player is charged with a personal
foul
(3) The offending team is not charged with a team foul

Boom.

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf

Marlo_Stanfield
05-26-2014, 08:41 AM
It's not that baffling. The referee couldnt tell if the ball was released before the foul or not (real time) but he planned on letting it go if the shot missed because it was so close to a non kickout. He called the foul cause he made the shot. Took away the three point because he didnt know he got it off on time.

Probably gave OKC the benefit of the doubt.
stfu controversial retard
clear, undisputable shit call and huge momentum changer.
meanwhile OKC shot 22 to 0 FT in the 3rd quater

sd3035
05-26-2014, 08:41 AM
TLP is having a meltdown :oldlol:

Magic731
05-26-2014, 08:42 AM

Not really, they are both offensive fouls. Had it been an off-ball foul then the shot would have counted.

Magic731
05-26-2014, 08:43 AM
stfu controversial retard
clear, undisputable shit call and huge momentum changer.
meanwhile OKC shot 22 to 0 FT in the 3rd quater
It's actually not that clear at all. If you read this whole thread and used some common sense (which you clearly lack) you would understand that.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 08:46 AM
TLP is having a meltdown :oldlol:
Funniest thing is he doesn't know what he's talking about :lol

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=maybeshewill13]Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. They don't know the rule apparently.

Section VII

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Thank you good sir.

Ish needs more posts like this.

:applause:

You want PROOF on Insidehoops? Yeah good luck with that. This place is just overreactions or haters ignoring any proof to fit their circle-jerk.

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Also I cant see what you post jameer.

Though I assume itz trolling garbage that is irrelevant to basketball

Clyde
05-26-2014, 08:55 AM
You want PROOF on Insidehoops? Yeah good luck with that. This place is just overreactions or haters ignoring any proof to fit their circle-jerk.

Oh I know. Thats why I have half this board on ignore

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Also I cant see what you post jameer.

Though I assume itz trolling garbage that is irrelevant to basketball
Don't upset him, he might add you to his murder list :eek:

Clyde
05-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Don't upset him, he might add you to his murder list :eek:

:roll: :roll:

Im in Canada. I'll be fine

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 09:07 AM
:roll: :roll:

Im in Canada. I'll be fine

Phew..

hahaitme
05-26-2014, 09:11 AM

You fool, OKC fans know much more about basketball than some nobody commentators.

maybeshewill13
05-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I like how TLP is MIA now he's been proven wrong :lol

BuffaloBill
05-26-2014, 09:44 AM
That's a 4 point play for KD

ArbitraryWater
05-26-2014, 09:57 AM
SERGE... gave them a SURGE............

get it? GET IT??

cltcfn2924
05-26-2014, 10:48 AM
No
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk + technical for running back

Pretty sure Lowry shouldered himself into a low bridge.

cltcfn2924
05-26-2014, 10:51 AM
http://www.gfycat.com/UnfitPresentEwe#

You really think that right foot was a follow through? That's a stretch. Anyway thanks to DWade refs are calling this more.

toooo
05-26-2014, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=maybeshewill13]Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. They don't know the rule apparently.

Section VII

kamil
05-26-2014, 11:38 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfitPresentEwe.gif

What was the score at this point?

SCdac
05-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Didn't like the call when it happened, but whatever. Home court excitement and home court calls were a factor last night (and they are for SA when SA plays at home too), but felt the Spurs played poorly all around (which is saying something because felt like they were still in it). One of their worst games on both ends. Credit to the Thunder. There are many things Spurs could improve going into Game 4. And hopefully the refs make fair consistent calls, all we can do is cross our fingers... Spurs aren't going to win many games with Parker, Splitter, and Kawhi combining for 23 points.:no:

f0und
05-26-2014, 11:54 AM
i think the more ridiculous non call was when adams tried to shove duncan's head up his *ss.

Akhenaten
05-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Didn't like the call when it happened,

Why the hell not? it's the correct call, the hell is wrong with you people.

konex
05-26-2014, 11:59 AM
KD or Westbrook would have got an extra FT for that lol

Fudge
05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Fairly officiated game, IMO.

Trollsmasher
05-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Durant trying to match Lance in the Postseason Flopping Ladder:applause:

Thunderstruck
05-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Regardless of the bad call the Thunder dominated the whole game. It wasn't the spurs night no matter how much you want to place blame on the refs.

GrapeApe
05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
It's always bothered me when officials wait to see the result of a shot before calling a foul. What if the shot had missed and therefore no foul was called, and the Spurs subsequently got an offensive rebound/put-back? A foul should be called as it happens or not at all.