PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James passes MJ.....

Black and White
05-26-2014, 10:36 PM
For most games with at least 25/5/5 ever in the playoffs

KDthunderup
05-26-2014, 10:36 PM
What about 30/5/5?

Black and White
05-26-2014, 10:38 PM
What about 30/5/5?

Dunno, I'm just posting what sportscenter posted.

kNicKz
05-26-2014, 10:38 PM
What about 30/5/5?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s1600/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

nathanjizzle
05-26-2014, 10:39 PM
how about 25.1/5.1/5.1?

stalkerforlife
What about Jordan playing in a ton of 5 game series? What about MJ ending series more quickly because he was just that good? What about never playing in a 7th game in a FINALS?

CONTEXT. CONTEXT. CONTEXT.

What about 30, 5, 5?

How about games of 35+? 40+?

lol.

kNicKz

classic

SilkkTheShocker
05-26-2014, 10:40 PM
classic

2010 was awhile ago. LeBron didn't want to sign with your dogs.hit franchise. Let it go, son.

Trollsmasher
05-26-2014, 10:42 PM
What about Jordan playing in a ton of 5 game series? What about MJ ending series more quickly because he was just that good? What about never playing in a 7th game in a FINALS?

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.
he obviously did it in less games:confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
05-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Abritrary

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

:applause:

sportjames23
05-26-2014, 10:43 PM
ESPN with more arbitrary stats to prop Lebron up and try to put him on MJ's level. :facepalm

16X
05-26-2014, 10:44 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s1600/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
lol

Black and White
05-26-2014, 10:47 PM

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

Dude, as people will tell you, I'm clearly no LeBron fan, but I saw it and posted it, you can debate with the LeBron fans tho :cheers:

Mr Exlax
05-26-2014, 10:47 PM

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

You need to take that up with the people at ESPN bub.

truhooper
05-26-2014, 10:53 PM

Black and White
05-26-2014, 11:01 PM
One thing that LeBron haters should be able to admit though, is that this shows how consistent he is with his production.

DonDadda59
05-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I didn't even know Jordan had the 'record' until tonight :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I didn't even know Jordan had the 'record' until tonight :oldlol:
Yes, it's one of his lesser known feats. I say "lesser known," because I'm almost certain no one has ever bothered calculating it until tonight.

Trollsmasher
05-26-2014, 11:18 PM
30-pt, 10-reb, 5-ast playoff games: LeBron 22, Bird 11, MJ 10, Kobe 3

Simply GOATing all around

Tarik One
05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Just another example of ESPN overreaching for stats.

They were really making a big deal out of it.

oh the horror
05-26-2014, 11:21 PM

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

Bro you know damn well sportscenter doesn't deal in context and makes up random stats for Lebron to "pass" people

oh the horror
05-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Yes, it's one of his lesser known feats. I say "lesser known," because I'm almost certain no one has ever bothered calculating it until tonight.

Exactly :oldlol:

Calabis
05-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Its at stat era they come up with all kinds of crap nowadays.

With that said LeBron is the second best player I've seen in my lifetime.

pauk
05-26-2014, 11:25 PM
What about 30/5/5?

30-5-5:

Lebron - 46
Jordan - 51

30-7-7:

Lebron - 28
Jordan - 22

30-10-10:

Lebron - 5
Jordan - 1

(Lebron - 150 games / Jordan - 179 games)

russwest0
05-26-2014, 11:26 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BBallZen83
05-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Just another arbitraty ESPN stat for a talking point.

RedBlackAttack
05-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Just to set the record straight...

Career Playoff Statistics

Michael Jordan
*33.5 points on 49% FG, 33% 3PT, 81% FT
6.4 rebounds
5.7 assists
2.1 steals
0.9 blocks
3.1 turnovers
in 179 playoff games

* = All-Time Record

LeBron James
28.1 points on 48% FG, 32% FT, 75% FT
8.5 rebounds
6.6 assists
1.7 steals
0.7 blocks
3.4 turnovers
in 150 playoff games

MJ scored significantly more and on slightly better efficiency across the board, while also having advantages in steals/blocks/less turnovers. LeBron has a significant edge in rebounding and also leads in assists.

LeBron's playoff numbers are off the charts, but not MJ-esque off the charts... who averaged f#cking 34/6/6 for his playoff career.

Stop the madness.

Trollsmasher
05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Just to set the record straight...

Career Playoff Statistics
Michael Jordan
*33.5 points on 49% FG, 33% 3PT, 81% FT
6.4 rebounds
5.7 assists
2.1 steals
0.9 blocks
3.1 turnovers
in 179 playoff games

* = All-Time Record

LeBron James
28.1 points on 48% FG, 32% FT, 75% FT
8.5 rebounds
6.6 assists
1.7 steals
0.7 blocks
3.4 turnovers
in 150 playoff games

MJ scored significantly more and on better efficiency and has advantages in steals/blocks/turnovers. LeBron has a significant edge in rebounding and also leads in assists.

LeBron's playoff numbers are off the charts, but not MJ off the charts... who averaged f#cking 34/6/6 for his playoff career.

Stop the madness.
after adjusting for pace and defenses - LeBron > MJ

navy
05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Stop the madness.

Put did you adjust for Pace? :no: lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-26-2014, 11:34 PM
MJ scored significantly more and on slightly better efficiency across the board, while also having advantages in steals/blocks/less turnovers. LeBron has a significant edge in rebounding and also leads in assists.

LeBron's playoff numbers are off the charts, but not MJ off the charts... who averaged f#cking 34/6/6 for his playoff career.

Stop the madness.
While being WAY less ball dominant.

Calabis
05-26-2014, 11:36 PM
30-5-5:

Lebron - 46
Jordan - 51

30-7-7:

Lebron - 28
Jordan - 22

30-10-10:

Lebron - 5
Jordan - 1

Career playoff numbers:

Jordan-33/6/5

Lebron-28/8/6

13 seasons in playoffs and Jordans worst output was 29 a game.

Solefade
05-26-2014, 11:38 PM
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31.0-8/10397191_740778059314220_5707173626136799289_o.jpg

VengefulAngel
05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Career playoff numbers:

Jordan-33/6/5

Lebron-28/8/6

We know Jordon is the GOAT, Lebron is starting to make leeway on the rest though.

RedBlackAttack
05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Career playoff numbers:

Jordan-33/6/5

Lebron-28/8/6

No one in their right mind would compare their playoff averages, as I highlighted above, and would come away saying James' are better. It's just absurd and really make this "25/5/5" leaderboard thing somewhat ridiculous.

It's amazing that MJ had the "record" in the first place when you consider how much more he was scoring and doing it more efficiently.

ESPN is absolutely desperate for this comparison.

Straight_Ballin
05-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Dude, as people will tell you, I'm clearly no LeBron fan, but I saw it and posted it, you can debate with the LeBron fans tho :cheers:

There's nothing to debate.
Bron will never surpass Jordan.

sportjames23
05-26-2014, 11:43 PM
No one in their right mind would compare their playoff averages, as I highlighted above, and would come away saying James' are better. It's just absurd and really make this "25/5/5" leaderboard thing somewhat ridiculous.

It's amazing that MJ had the "record" in the first place when you consider how much more he was scoring and doing it more efficiently.

ESPN is absolutely desperate for this comparison.

Exactly. Hell, I didn't even know MJ had this record, it's so arbitrary. ESPN desperate as fvck.

pauk
05-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Career playoff numbers:

Jordan-33/6/5

Lebron-28/8/6

Ofcourse, scoring or excuse me, SHOOTING MORE SHOTS, MANY MANY MANY MORE SHOTS per game is what Jordan was more known for. Even if he had the worst shooting night of his life he would still get you around 30.... he was much more of a chucker, more selfish compared to Lebron, but an efficient one all in all... and he won, so cant fault the guy...

Point is, these two guys had not so very similar offensive mindsets.

navy
05-26-2014, 11:44 PM
While being WAY less ball dominant.
usage stats? :confusedshrug:

Black and White
05-26-2014, 11:45 PM
There's nothing to debate.
Bron will never surpass Jordan.

I don't think so either, hell, I don't even think he will touch Kareem, just posting the agenda driven by the media and putting it up for discussion.

RedBlackAttack
05-26-2014, 11:46 PM
LOL @ "adjusting for pace." Are we also going to adjust for things being called flagrant fouls today that were touch fouls when Jordan was driving to the basket?

James lost any chance of catching Jordan when he joined Miami. He is a great player... one of the very best I've ever seen in my time watching basketball. An all-timer, without discussion.

But, he will never catch or surpass Jordan... ever. It is what it is.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Dat GOAT
Jordan stans stay insecure, just like their idol:coleman:

SamuraiSWISH
05-26-2014, 11:49 PM
he was a massive chucker, but an efficient one... so cant fault the guy...
He's an efficient chucker, this is a bad thing?

:biggums:

Your warped logic sounds so stupid, it's like you're playing mental gymnastics to convince yourself it's a negative that MJ put up 33 ppg in the playoffs on higher efficiency than LeBron's career 28 ppg. Jordan had more volume, and higher efficiency. LOL ... this is a negative to you?

LeBron is afforded the luxury of being passive for stretches, not needing to score over 30 ppg consistently considering he has another player on his team who is a scorer of his caliber (Wade)

And a third option scorer who is about on average a career caliber scorer akin to Jordan's next best player (Bosh - Pippen)

Let's forget the fact Ray Allen, a career mid 20 ppg scorer is coming off the bench.

Straight_Ballin
05-26-2014, 11:50 PM
LOL @ "adjusting for pace." Are we also going to adjust for things being called flagrant fouls today that were touch fouls when Jordan was driving to the basket?

James lost any chance of catching Jordan when he joined Miami. He is a great player... one of the very best I've ever seen in my time watching basketball. An all-timer, without discussion.

BUT he could have. Probably the only potential candidate for the next 20 years but to weak mentally to get it done.

pauk
He's an efficient chucker, this is a bad thing?

:biggums:

LeBron is afforded the luxury of being passive for stretches, not needing to score over 30 ppg consistently considering he has another player on his team who is a scorer of his caliber (Wade)

And a third option scorer who is about on average a career caliber scorer akin to Jordan's next best player (Pippen)

Let's forget the fact Ray Allen, a career mid 20 ppg scorer is coming off the bench.

Nope, didnt say this is a bad thing at all... "so cant fault the guy"...

You can only fault the guy (bad thing) if he wasnt that efficient as it perhaps all didnt translate to success.... MJ didnt have that problem obviously...

Again, the point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LEBRON & JORDAN HAD TWO DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE MINDSETS/TENDENCIES.... where as one liked to offensively score/shoot more, the other thought about his teammates more offensively....

Means nothing more, nothing less....

PS: Wade was only close to be the caliber scorer of Lebron only once upon a long time ago, but today nowhere near.... nowhere near.... hell, Pippen was closer to Jordan as a scorer than Wade is to Lebron at this moment.... as far as Ray Allen at this point goes, i would take Toni Kukoc ANY damn day of the bench.... not to mention those other guys Jordan had...

navy

More free throws called in Jordans era. :no:

Never say never. I doubt Lebron will pass Jordan. He isnt close right now. Needs 5 more rings. But it isnt impossible. :confusedshrug:

red1
05-26-2014, 11:52 PM

Never say never. I doubt Lebron will pass Jordan. He isnt close right now. Needs 5 more rings. But it isnt impossible. :confusedshrug:
it is practically impossible

SamuraiSWISH
05-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Nope, didnt say this is a bad thing at all... "so cant fault the guy"...

You can only fault the guy (bad thing) if he wasnt that efficient as it perhaps all didnt translate to success.... MJ didnt have that problem obviously...

Again, the point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LEBRON & JORDAN HAD TWO DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE MINDSETS/TENDENCIES.... where as one liked to offensively score/shoot more, the other thought about his teammates more offensively....

Means nothing more, nothing less....
Chucker has a negative connotation. If he's producing high volume on great efficiency (better than LeBron) ... why call him a chucker? That means he's just a beast of a scorer. A chucker is someone who puts up nice volume, but on terrible efficiency. If you're scoring the ball well on optimum efficiency, you're not a chucker.

poido123
05-26-2014, 11:53 PM

Marlo_Stanfield
05-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Chucker has a negative connotation. If he's producing high volume on great efficiency (better than LeBron) ... why call him a chucker? That means he's just a beast of a scorer. A chucker is someone who puts up nice volume, but on terrible efficiency. If you're scoring the ball well on optimum efficiency, you're not a chucker.
if you have a jumper like Jordan and good rebounders like Rodman on your teamyou can be a chucker and its positive.
if you are not as good as Jordan, like Kobe, than being a chucker is bad:coleman:

poido123
05-26-2014, 11:54 PM
it is practically impossible

How so?

We don't know what will happen, how many chips he will win etc etc.

red1
05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
lol mj is not a chucker. chucker implies low efficiency. even calling kobe a chucker is pushing it but he is fairly selfish so it does work

oh the horror
05-26-2014, 11:56 PM

Bingo. Lebron ultimately got what he wanted. But really it ain't all that awe inspiring to anyone other than Heat/Lebron fans.

It's exactly what most saw when he joined. An easy path to an end result.

People want to keep rewritting the narrative to somehow make it more impressive and that's including shows like sportscenter, slam magazine etc. Fluff articles and asinine stats that he's "surpassed".

red1
05-26-2014, 11:56 PM
How so?

We don't know what will happen, how many chips he will win etc etc.
it's practically impossible. he would need to win more than jordan just to make up for 2011 and it's not like he is getting any better or younger

RedBlackAttack
05-26-2014, 11:57 PM

I don't even think 5 more rings would do it. First, those 5 would have to be him as the first option/leader. But, even then... this Miami thing was put together for the express purpose of winning championships. Nothing that has happened so far has been a surprise with the James/Wade/Bosh trio, which now includes another perfect compliment in Ray Allen.

When Jordan was drafted by the Bulls, they were a laughing stock of the NBA. When he retired in 1998, they had six championships under their belts and it probably would have been eight had he not taken a short hiatus.

Those completely different narratives play a role in how these guys will be remembered... and it should absolutely play a role.

It's not as easy as just saying "this guy won 7 and that guy won 6 so this guy is obviously better." I don't really see him getting another 5 rings anyway, so it is likely a moot point, but for me it would even take more than that.

poido123
05-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't even think 5 more rings would do it. First, those 5 would have to be him as the first option/leader. But, even then... this Miami thing was put together for the express purpose of winning championships. Nothing that has happened so far has been a surprise with the James/Wade/Bosh trio, which now includes another perfect compliment in Ray Allen.

When Jordan was drafted by the Bulls, they were a laughing stock of the NBA. When he retired in 1998, they had six championships under their belts and it probably would have been eight had he not taken a short hiatus.

Those completely different narratives play a role in how these guys will be remembered... and it should absolutely play a role.

It's not as easy as just saying "this guy won 7 and that guy won 6 so this guy is obviously better." I don't really see him getting another 5 rings anyway, so it is likely a moot point, but for me it would even take more than that.

You have the knack of posting quality posts, good shit :applause:

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2014, 12:33 AM
lol mj is not a chucker. chucker implies low efficiency. even calling kobe a chucker is pushing it but he is fairly selfish so it does work
Right? LOL ... this clown pauk calls him a shot jacking chucker, with a clear negative implication.

Why? Because he put up higher volume AND better efficiency than LeBron? How on earth would that be a negative at all? Why would he be considered a "chucker"?!

:oldlol:

It's like saying LeBron scores more volume than Bosh with higher efficiency, more shot attempts. He's a chucker !!!

No a chucker is someone who can put up respectable, or even impressive volume, but takes low efficiency to do it. Think Stackhouse in 2001. Or even Iverson for stretches of his career.

It's literally him just showing insecurity over MJ being a CLEAR cut superior scorer.

I mean there is a 5 ppg difference in their volume. That's basically entirely different tier of scorer.

Like comparing a Bosh / Pippen caliber scorer 18 - 22 ppg v.s. a Wade caliber scorer 25 - 28 ppg.

Playoffs:
MJ 33 ppg on 49%
LeBron 28 ppg on 48%

5 ppg difference, better efficiency.

:facepalm @ MJ being a chucker.

Trollsmasher
05-27-2014, 12:35 AM
LeBron actually has a little bit better TS% in the playoffs

Just a note

Just2McFly
05-27-2014, 12:36 AM
you pro jordan people have no shame.... why are people acting like 25/5/5 isnt a benchmark but historically 20/5/5 has always been, especially for rookies?

smh

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2014, 12:38 AM
MJ is quite clearly the best scorer, EVER. Playoff numbers, Finals numbers and total PPG load baring for a 6x champion is more than proof of this. When pressure is at it's highest. It's not even arguable.

greymatter
05-27-2014, 12:56 AM

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

Lebron has played in 27 fewer career playoff games. There's your context. Do try to keep up.

knicksman
05-27-2014, 12:57 AM
then this just shows how overrated lebron is, he had lots of 25/5/5 yet doesnt have the same number of rings while having better teammates

VengefulAngel
05-27-2014, 12:58 AM
then this just shows how overrated lebron is, he had lots of 25/5/5 yet doesnt have the same number of rings while having better teammates

ITS A TEAM SPORT... YOU CAN'T BE THAT STUPID.

knicksman
05-27-2014, 12:59 AM
why not put wilt and oscar too, im sure those guys have more than mj:lol

Young X
05-27-2014, 01:03 AM
Still can't wrap my head around someone averaging 34/6/6 in the postseason for their career on high efficiency.

GOAT.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Still can't wrap my head around someone averaging 34/6/6 in the postseason for their career on high efficiency.

GOAT.
LEBron is better:banana: :banana:

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2014, 01:07 AM

THEN WHY ARE YOU PRAISING AN INDIVIDUAL'S STATS?

Young X
05-27-2014, 01:08 AM
LEBron is better:banana: :banana:No he's not :biggums:

VengefulAngel
05-27-2014, 01:08 AM
THEN WHY ARE YOU PRAISING INDIVIDUAL'S STATS?

:facepalm, because it outlines someone's contribution and production...

knicksman
05-27-2014, 01:11 AM

only losers makes excuses. just like your boy lebron

oh the horror
05-27-2014, 01:20 AM
THEN WHY ARE YOU PRAISING AN INDIVIDUAL'S STATS?

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING AS WELL.

k0kakw0rld
05-27-2014, 02:54 AM
Just another example of ESPN overreaching for stats.

They were really making a big deal out of it.
The man just surpass one of the the GOAT's achievements.

Durant scoring streak was a big deal wasn't it?

Marchesk
05-27-2014, 03:01 AM
The man just surpass one of the the GOAT's achievements.

It's an arbitrary stat. There would have been guys from the 60s like West, Oscar and Wilt would have been higher, but they didn't play as many playoff games as they do now.

Durant scoring streak was a big deal wasn't it?

It was good, but they had a cuttoff date of how far back they went, because of Wilt's crazy numbers.

sdot_thadon
05-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Jordan defense task force.deployed. lol

You guys are a riot, so basically no player can ever receive praise for an accomplishment that exceeds Mj? Yes it's arbitrary as fvck, aren't most of these stat types? All it does is give guys their own unique space as players, shit like this gives you far more insight to a playere role on his team than the old standbys. Espn or anyone else is not fabricating anyones career. These are things they actually did! The main reason why espn and whomever else come up with these things are to provide content. If this was Mj's era they be doing the exact same thing. Truth is, no matter how bad you want to ignore it the game has become smarter over the last 20 yrs and the stats with it. Stop with the insecure bitching about a player's watermarks, you're embarrassing yourselves.

AintNoSunshine
05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Being compared to MJ, as a basketball player, is a great complement in itself. I'd be happy if Lebron surpasses everyone except MJ when he's done.

Calabis
05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Ofcourse, scoring or excuse me, SHOOTING MORE SHOTS, MANY MANY MANY MORE SHOTS per game is what Jordan was more known for. Even if he had the worst shooting night of his life he would still get you around 30.... he was much more of a chucker, more selfish compared to Lebron, but an efficient one all in all... and he won, so cant fault the guy...

Point is, these two guys had not so very similar offensive mindsets.

Wait what? We know they have two different styles, yet the all around play disparity, is not as great as u try to make it seem.. this gunner has only 1 less assist and 2 less rebounds while avg 5 more ppgs?

LeBron has the ball in his hand way more than Jordan did, quit trying to twist facts.

And the chucker is 49% ur boy 48%

LeBird
05-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Should be mentioned that those stats are also being achieved against better teams than Jordan faced for the most part.

If Miami win the series, he'll have gone to 4 finals in a row...something Jordan never achieved.

Calabis
05-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Should be mentioned that those stats are also being achieved against better teams than Jordan faced for the most part.

If Miami win the series, he'll have gone to 4 finals in a row...something Jordan never achieved.

:facepalm

This dude is a Bird supporter and just said the dumbest shit I have seen in a long time.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Wait what? We know they have two different styles, yet the all around play disparity, is not as great as u try to make it seem.. this gunner has only 1 less assist and 2 less rebounds while avg 5 more ppgs?

LeBron has the ball in his hand way more than Jordan did, quit trying to twist facts.

And the chucker is 49% ur boy 48%
after this season LEBron will be 49% or 50% playoff too.
and it will only go up:banana:

oh the horror
05-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Jordan defense task force.deployed. lol

You guys are a riot, so basically no player can ever receive praise for an accomplishment that exceeds Mj? Yes it's arbitrary as fvck, aren't most of these stat types? All it does is give guys their own unique space as players, shit like this gives you far more insight to a playere role on his team than the old standbys. Espn or anyone else is not fabricating anyones career. These are things they actually did! The main reason why espn and whomever else come up with these things are to provide content. If this was Mj's era they be doing the exact same thing. Truth is, no matter how bad you want to ignore it the game has become smarter over the last 20 yrs and the stats with it. Stop with the insecure bitching about a player's watermarks, you're embarrassing yourselves.

I don't even know where to start making fun of this post. My goodness. Go back to sleep kid.

LeBird
05-27-2014, 09:36 AM
:facepalm

This dude is a Bird supporter and just said the dumbest shit I have seen in a long time.

What does that have to do with anything numbnuts? Make sense.

Even as a huge Bird fan it is getting to the point where you have to take Lebron seriously in GOAT discussions. It's been 12 years since MJ played and you still on his dick.

Trollsmasher
05-27-2014, 09:43 AM
This is the 30th Playoff game in which LeBron has led his team outright(no ties) in PTS,RBS,& ASTS. 2nd most all-time is Bird's 13 Games

running away from the field:bowdown: :bowdown:

Calabis
05-27-2014, 09:46 AM

I agree, but then when age kicks in at the end of his career, it will start going down, which is why the guy should be allowed to finish his career before people make these comparisons. As of now he is not in the conversation, when he's done maybe he will be.

East_Stone_Ya
05-27-2014, 09:47 AM
this is a achievement only stat nerds will appreciate

Calabis
05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
What does that have to do with anything numbnuts? Make sense.

Even as a huge Bird fan it is getting to the point where you have to take Lebron seriously in GOAT discussions. It's been 12 years since MJ played and you still on his dick.

Actually, I enjoy watching Lebron and have stated at this point he is the second best player I have seen. Somehow that's not good enough for the anti-Jordan crowd.

ok hold up...lol...So what your saying is, because I and 95% of the basketball world consider MJ the best player ever, I'm somehow blinded....Yet u can support and ride the dick of a guy who hasn't played in 20 years and its "not dick riding" and you perception is valid? :confusedshrug:

I can't help it that your favorite player ****ed up his back and is not in the conversation for GOAT.

pre-injury Bird was great(possible GOAT status),

sportjames23
05-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Actually, I enjoy watching Lebron and have stated at this point he is the second best player I have seen. Somehow that's not good enough for the anti-Jordan crowd.

ok hold up...lol...So what your saying is, because I and 95% of the basketball world consider MJ the best player ever, I'm somehow blinded....Yet u can support and ride the dick of a guy who hasn't played in 20 years and its "not dick riding" and you perception is valid? :confusedshrug:

I can't help it that your favorite player ****ed up his back and is not in the conversation for GOAT.

pre-injury Bird was great(possible GOAT status),

Don't hurt him, Calabis! :cheers:

sdot_thadon
05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
I don't even know where to start making fun of this post. My goodness. Go back to sleep kid.
I'd love for you to refute anything I said, "kid". You're barking up the wrong tree with the fact that you even quoted me with nothing at all to say. Kick rocks.

LeBird
05-27-2014, 10:48 AM

Sure, that's why you're spazzing out.

Bandito
05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
The only thing Lebron passes MJ is in how ugly he is and the most retarded stans #

Kingwillball
05-27-2014, 10:52 AM
MJ still # 1 for now bird however (with championship this year) will be passed as greatest SF ever..

StephHamann
05-27-2014, 10:54 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-We1wfpMhSWM/UOSqQ6BwApI/AAAAAAAAENM/VE7aCgGFzK0/s1600/christian-bale-wtf.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Wrong. Feel free to list how many 50 win teams both guys faced though.

:cheers:

Roundball_Rock
05-27-2014, 11:00 AM
:oldlol: I told MJ fans this (the media promoting another player to be the next public GOAT) would happen. Expect to hear a lot of Lebron doing something MJ never did: reach 4 consecutive Finals as well this week.

As to career playoff usage, here are the numbers:

NBA
Rank Player Usg%

1. Michael Jordan* 35.58
2. Allen Iverson 34.34
3. Tracy McGrady 33.53
4. Carmelo Anthony 32.63
5. Russell Westbrook 32.41
6. LeBron James 31.41
7. Dominique Wilkins* 31.27
8. Kobe Bryant 31.05
9. Kevin Durant 30.45
10. Shaquille O'Neal 30.24
11. Dwyane Wade 30.21

Playoff FGA? 25.1 for MJ and 20.1 for Lebron. MJ also got more FTA (9.9 versus 9.8).

Element
05-27-2014, 11:02 AM
LeBron James in the GOAT conversation....50/50 chance to pass MJ

only on RealGM

TheMan
05-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Stupid useless stat

TheMan
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
:no: LeBron has a tendency to shoot under 50% in the Finals. I predict he shoots 44%

VengefulAngel
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
:no: LeBron has a tendency to shoot under 50% in the Finals. I predict he shoots 44%

Depends on whether he plays OKC or Spurs.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Trollsmasher
05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
:oldlol: I told MJ fans this (the media promoting another player to be the next public GOAT) would happen. Expect to hear a lot of Lebron doing something MJ never did: reach 4 consecutive Finals as well this week.

NBA
Rank Player Usg%

1. Michael Jordan* 35.58
2. Allen Iverson 34.34
3. Tracy McGrady 33.53
4. Carmelo Anthony 32.63
6. LeBron James 31.41
8. Kobe Bryant 31.05
9. Kevin Durant 30.45
11. Dwyane Wade 30.21

Playoff FGA? 25.1 for MJ and 20.1 for Lebron. MJ also got more FTA (9.9 versus 9.8).

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 11:19 AM

NBA
Rank Player Usg%

1. Michael Jordan* 35.58
2. Allen Iverson 34.34
3. Tracy McGrady 33.53
4. Carmelo Anthony 32.63
6. LeBron James 31.41
8. Kobe Bryant 31.05
9. Kevin Durant 30.45
11. Dwyane Wade 30.21

so you are saying that LBJ could easily have scored as many points as Jordan if he wanted to and has more assists even tho Jordan has a 35% usage rate??
also Jordan got slightly more FT even tho LeBron is stronger and more athletic and MJ shoots more jumpers??
interesting:applause: :applause:

Keno
05-27-2014, 11:20 AM
i'm sure we will hear op's title again in the future.:applause:

DonDadda59
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Da fuq are you smoking, Pauk? You do know that the Eastern Conference these days is Historically bad, right? That's not hyperbole. LITERALLY, we're witnessing the absolute worst Eastern Conference since the merger in '71.

I told MJ fans this (the media promoting another player to be the next public GOAT) would happen. Expect to hear a lot of Lebron doing something MJ never did: reach 4 consecutive Finals as well this week.

The NBA has been searching for a 'next Jordan' going on 15+ years now. Mark Jackson was ranting about how there's 'no question' LeCollusion is the best SF all time last night, a few years ago he was ranting about how Bean>MJ. Ask him how he feels about today he'd probably feel embarrassed he ever uttered that shit.

People get caught up in the moment and lose their senses. It all blows over in the end.

Playoff FGA? 25.1 for MJ and 20.1 for Lebron. MJ also got more FTA (9.9 versus 9.8)

AKA Bron is getting a much higher rate of FG attempts than MJ ever did. LeRefs doing work (although to be fair, they are just making up for the reg. season) :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Da fuq are you smoking, Pauk?

Is that really Pauk? :facepalm

TheMan
05-27-2014, 11:28 AM
so you are saying that LBJ could easily have scored as many points as Jordan if he wanted to and has more assists even tho Jordan has a 35% usage rate??
also Jordan got slightly more FT even tho LeBron is stronger and more athletic and MJ shoots more jumpers??
interesting:applause: :applause:
If he could 'score as easily as MJ', then why is he only 2-2 in the Finals:confusedshrug: MJ at that point was 4-0:bowdown:

MJ took it upon himself to not let his team lose in the biggest stage :rockon:

sportjames23
05-27-2014, 11:30 AM

Boom! :cheers:

Roundball_Rock
05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
interesting

Keep in mind Lebron played with scrubs in Cleveland. If anyone had a reason to shot jack between the two it was Lebron in Cleveland because he did not have a Pippen to pass to (the #8 scorer in the league, #3 among perimeter players in his one full prime season without MJ) or Kukoc (who averaged 19 ppg as the #1 option in 1999).

If he could 'score as easily as MJ', then why is he only 2-2 in the Finals MJ at that point was 4-0

This is specious. One could also note that Lebron will soon be 5-1 in the ECF while MJ was 6-2. Lebron also has never lost in the first round while MJ did so three consecutive years (MJ fans will point to his competition--but that is what happens when you go 38-44 or 40-42. Lebron always enters the playoffs with a solid seed).

The NBA has been searching for a 'next Jordan' going on 15+ years now.

Yes, going back to Penny and Hill--but they may have finally found him. Even if he is not MJ, he will be close enough to allow the media to anoint him just like they annointed MJ as the "clear GOAT" when he had only 3 rings, 3 MVP's and 3 Finals (Lebron may very well have 3 rings, 4 MVP's and 5 Finals at the same age). James has a great chance at surpassing MJ because he is ahead of where MJ was at this age.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Quote:
This is the 30th Playoff game in which LeBron has led his team outright(no ties) in PTS,RBS,& ASTS. 2nd most all-time is Bird's 13 Games

running away from the field:bowdown: :bowdown:

not saying LBJ is better than MJ but if there's a statistic that gives LBJ a legitimate argument to challenge current GOAT status, it would be this one that Trollsmasher quoted

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 01:51 PM
jordan >>>>> lebron forever :banana:

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Keep in mind Lebron played with scrubs in Cleveland. If anyone had a reason to shot jack between the two it was Lebron in Cleveland because he did not have a Pippen to pass to (the #8 scorer in the league, #3 among perimeter players in his one full prime season without MJ) or Kukoc (who averaged 19 ppg as the #1 option in 1999).

This is specious. One could also note that Lebron will soon be 5-1 in the ECF while MJ was 6-2. Lebron also has never lost in the first round while MJ did so three consecutive years (MJ fans will point to his competition--but that is what happens when you go 38-44 or 40-42. Lebron always enters the playoffs with a solid seed).

Yes, going back to Penny and Hill--but they may have finally found him. Even if he is not MJ, he will be close enough to allow the media to anoint him just like they annointed MJ as the "clear GOAT" when he had only 3 rings, 3 MVP's and 3 Finals (Lebron may very well have 3 rings, 4 MVP's and 5 Finals at the same age). James has a great chance at surpassing MJ because he is ahead of where MJ was at this age.

19ppg on 42 fg% ???????? :facepalm
pippen would not be STARS,if he isn't play with jordan :no:

TheMan
05-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Its at stat era they come up with all kinds of crap nowadays.

With that said LeBron is the second best player I've seen in my lifetime.
He's right up there. I still have him as the third best player I've seen

MJ
Shaq
LeBron
Duncan
Magic (disclaimer: caught him from 85 on)
Bird (same as Magic)

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 01:57 PM

DID JORDAN EVER TEAM UP LIKE LEBRON DID :confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 01:58 PM
19ppg on 42 fg% ???????? :facepalm
pippen would not be STARS,if he isn't play with jordan :no:
Pippen is top 15 all time, put down the smack:coleman:

StephHamann
05-27-2014, 02:00 PM

with the way wade is beasting, the heat would make the finals even without lebron, thats how shitty the east has become.

:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
with the way wade is beasting, the heat would make the finals even without lebron, thats how shitty the east has become.

:coleman:
they Heat would either be the 7 or 8th seed without LeBron or Wade would be done come playoff time.
and they would easily lose against the Nets even with a well rested wade:coleman:

StephHamann
05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
they Heat would either be the 7 or 8th seed without LeBron or Wade would be done come playoff time.
and they would easily lose against the Nets even with a well rested wade:coleman:

:roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 02:10 PM
whats so funny mane?:biggums: :coleman:

LeBird
05-27-2014, 02:14 PM

I'm not even checking because it is irrelevant. The most competitive league might have the fewest 50 win teams. The point is that Jordan's playoff legacy was built on in the 90s, where there was the weakest competition for titles in the last 30-40 years. If people want to nitpick about a point here or an assist there; then they have to take that into account.

For the record, I think it should just be lauded because it is comparable to Jordan's record, even if you disagree that it has surpassed it.

Is that really Pauk? :facepalm

No, I'm really his daddy.

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM

what if he never trade to bulls,and played for supersonics instead of :confusedshrug: :hammerhead:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm not even checking because it is irrelevant. The most competitive league might have the fewest 50 win teams. The point is that Jordan's playoff legacy was built on in the 90s, where there was the weakest competition for titles in the last 30-40 years. If people want to nitpick about a point here or an assist there; then they have to take that into account.

For the record, I think it should just be lauded because it is comparable to Jordan's record, even if you disagree that it has surpassed it.

No, I'm really his daddy.
:applause: :applause:
LeBrons competetion>>Jordans competition
Can you imagine what LeBron would have done to the likes of John starks??
the only really great perimeter Defender with size was on Jordans own damn team:oldlol: :oldlol:

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 02:21 PM
35-5-5 games:

Jordan - 34
LeBron - 19

30-3-3 games:

Jordan - 90
LeBron - 61

35-3-3 games:

Jordan - 61
LeBron - 25

40-3-3 games:

Jordan - 30
LeBron - 11

Wow, I can come up with arbitrary cut off points too. GOAT gonna GOAT, we are not worthy. :bowdown:

I can keep going too. Higher the points go, worse it is for Bron...

Solefade
05-27-2014, 02:24 PM
35-5-5 games:

Jordan - 34
LeBron - 19

30-3-3 games:

Jordan - 90
LeBron - 61

35-3-3 games:

Jordan - 61
LeBron - 25

40-3-3 games:

Jordan - 30
LeBron - 11

Wow, I can come up with arbitrary cut off points too. GOAT gonna GOAT, we are not worthy. :bowdown:

lol 3 reb 3 ast

LeBird
05-27-2014, 02:24 PM

That's because Jordan was more interested in scoring points than anything else. The stats you posted just proved it, let alone going higher.

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 02:26 PM
That's because Jordan was more interested in scoring points than anything else. The stats you posted just proved it, let alone going higher.

Jordan's 'interest' in scoring points resulted in leading his team to 6 championships.

Why is it inherently better to grab more rebounds, get more assists but score less points at the same time?

Mr Feeny
05-27-2014, 02:29 PM

Didn't it win him 6 titles?

TheMan
05-27-2014, 02:33 PM
the only really great perimeter Defender with size was on Jordans own damn team:oldlol: :oldlol:
Name today's best perimeter defenders and let's compare them to Jordan's era...

Tony Allen? 6'4"

Go ahead hot shot, name me today's great defenders with size. In b4 you say Paul George and I'll raise you a Grant Hill, unlike PG, Hill would make Bran work on the defensive side of the ball...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Jordan's 'interest' in scoring points resulted in leading his team to 6 championships.

Why is it inherently better to grab more rebounds, get more assists but score less points at the same time?

Uh oh, logic fail. :oldlol:

I wont even entertain his psycho babble about the 90s being "weak".

Mike faced the Knicks, Pistons, Cavs, Pacers, Heat, Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, and Jazz...all 50+ win teams, all with MULTIPLE HOFers.. If that's "weak" then what exactly makes Bron's competition "inherently better"? :rolleyes:

TheMan
05-27-2014, 02:43 PM
6-0 > 2-2

DonDadda59
05-27-2014, 02:50 PM

:kobe:

Gonna take a whole lot more deciding and colluding to get that done.

35-5-5 games:

Jordan - 34
LeBron - 19

30-3-3 games:

Jordan - 90
LeBron - 61

35-3-3 games:

Jordan - 61
LeBron - 25

40-3-3 games:

Jordan - 30
LeBron - 11

Wow, I can come up with arbitrary cut off points too. GOAT gonna GOAT, we are not worthy.

Get Sportscenter on the line :eek:

D-FENS
05-27-2014, 02:56 PM
What about finals average?
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_finals.htm

LerBran Pippen is not on the same level and it's too late to play catch up

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM

how did lebron's competition is better than than jordan face :confusedshrug:
when hibbert is the best center lebron ever play :oldlol:

Just2McFly
05-27-2014, 03:01 PM
lol 3 reb 3 ast
exactly, idk why people are acting like 5/5 is such an arbitrary cut off when it's an industry standard and has been for some time

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 03:05 PM
35-5-5 games:

Jordan - 34
LeBron - 19

30-3-3 games:

Jordan - 90
LeBron - 61

35-3-3 games:

Jordan - 61
LeBron - 25

40-3-3 games:

Jordan - 30
LeBron - 11

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/994391_240408206123097_633650247_n.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LMFAOO I legit laughed RL at the 3 benchmark... Dude, you're better than that. Like a stan desperately changing the criteria.

What's so impressive about 3 rebounds/assists?

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/514b19b469bedd7c50000003-300/lebron-james-laughing.jpg

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 03:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/994391_240408206123097_633650247_n.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LMFAOO I legit laughed RL at the 3 benchmark... Dude, you're better than that. Like a stan desperately changing the criteria.

What's so impressive about 3 rebounds/assists?

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/514b19b469bedd7c50000003-300/lebron-james-laughing.jpg

did lebron avg 41ppg in any serires :confusedshrug:

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Laugh all you want, it's as much an arbitrary cut off point as the 5-5. The point is, in a desperate attempt to put Lebron in the same class as MJ, they have to manufacture records with clearly cherrypicked criteria to do so. They are painting it as though LeBron has surpassed Jordan in something important. He has not. I don't like taking anything away from LeBron as these are still impressive achievements he is racking up, but they are stupidly arbitrary.

Even if the industry standard* is 5-5, then what about Jordan having ALMOST DOUBLE the number of 35-5-5 games as LeBron. We can also do 40-5-5, or 45-5-5? How about 50-5-5?

*What the **** is 'industry standard' even supposed to mean? :lol

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Laugh all you want, it's as much an arbitrary cut off point as the 5-5. The point is, in a desperate attempt to put Lebron in the same class as MJ, they have to manufacture records with clearly cherrypicked criteria to do so. They are painting it as though LeBron has surpassed Jordan in something important. He has not. I don't like taking anything away from LeBron as these are still impressive achievements he is racking up, but they are stupidly arbitrary.

Even if the industry standard* is 5-5, then what about Jordan having ALMOST DOUBLE the number of 35-5-5 games as LeBron. We can also do 40-5-5, or 45-5-5? How about 50-5-5?

*What the **** is 'industry standard' even supposed to mean? :lol

Both are arbitrary, 5-5 is USEFUL, however...

I think we can agree theres nothing impressive about 3 rebounds/assists.. 5 is decent. that ends it right there... its not a "manufacted record" either. they dont combine this and that to come up with some advanced metric.. its simply points/rebounds/assists, THE 3 major statistical categories.... :confusedshrug:

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Both are arbitrary, 5-5 is USEFUL, however...

I think we can agree theres nothing impressive about 3 rebounds/assists.. 5 is decent. that ends it right there... its not a "manufacted record" either. they dont combine this and that to come up with some advanced metric.. its simply points/rebounds/assists, THE 3 major statistical categories.... :confusedshrug:

Then you are setting an arbitrary cut off point for 'usefulness', and disregarding the increased points in my criteria to make up for the lower rebounds and assists. 35-3-3 is less useful than 25-5-5, reallly? This is a pointless discussion in all honesty.

Anyway, let's agree for the time being that 5-5 is the magical boundary for 'usefulness' in rebounds and assists. Surely 35-5-5 is a LOT more useful than 25-5-5? Why no comment about this category, in which Jordan royally bitchslaps Bron in?

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Then you are setting an arbitrary cut off point for 'usefulness', and disregarding the increased points in my criteria to make up for the lower rebounds and assists. 35-3-3 is less useful than 25-5-5, reallly? This is a pointless discussion in all honesty.

Anyway, let's agree for the time being that 5-5 is the magical boundary for 'usefulness' in rebounds and assists. Surely 35-5-5 is a LOT more useful than 25-5-5? Why no comment about this category, in which Jordan royally bitchslaps Bron in?

:wtf: You know they do these to see if a player has a great all around game, right?

Look, we KNOW nothing about 3 assists or 3 rebounds is GREAT.. Why dont you accept that? I dont like 25 points that much either, prefer 30, but at least its still great... Naming 3 rebounds is like 15 points.. come on now.

At least do 30-5-5... I'd honestly do 30-7-7, elite every category.. while its subjective, it cant really be denied either.

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 03:26 PM
:wtf: You know they do these to see if a player has a great all around game, right?

Look, we KNOW nothing about 3 assists or 3 rebounds is GREAT.. Why dont you accept that? I dont like 25 points that much either, prefer 30, but at least its still great... Naming 3 rebounds is like 15 points.. come on now.

At least do 30-5-5... I'd honestly do 30-7-7, elite every category.. while its subjective, it cant really be denied either.

I just did 35-5-5 you tool. Jordan almost doubled Bron.

Mr Exlax
05-27-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't see what's the problem. The Bulls needed Jordan to score more. The Heat need LeBron do grab more rebounds and assists.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 03:32 PM
a lot of ex-players/analysts have said that lebron is asked to do more for his team more than anyone in the history of the NBA...this doesn't necessarily say lebron is better than MJ but you can't just base everything off points

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I just did 35-5-5 you tool. Jordan almost doubled Bron.

Now do 30-7-7, tool

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 05:16 PM

What about 30, 5, 5?

lol.

youe:coleman: wrong dude!
it took Jordan 7 games to beat the pacers,with reggie miller!
stay off the pipe dude!

AlphaWolf24
05-27-2014, 05:53 PM
35-5-5 games:

Jordan - 34
LeBron - 19

30-3-3 games:

Jordan - 90
LeBron - 61

35-3-3 games:

Jordan - 61
LeBron - 25

40-3-3 games:

Jordan - 30
LeBron - 11

originally posted by Pauk

30-5-5:

Lebron - 46
Jordan - 51

30-7-7:

Lebron - 28
Jordan - 22

30-10-10:

Lebron - 5
Jordan - 1

WTF?....

The-Legend-24
05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Bron passed him last year. :oldlol:

JUDGE WITNESS
05-27-2014, 05:58 PM
jordan mythologist meltdown :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 06:01 PM
WTF?....

jordan/x xerxes needs rebounds/assists to be at 3 :roll: :roll:

Roundball_Rock
05-27-2014, 07:02 PM
DID JORDAN EVER TEAM UP LIKE LEBRON DID :confusedshrug:

http://www.pagecovers.com/user-covers/07-20-2012/jordan__pippen_and_rodman-the_true_big_three.jpg

http://basketballogy.com/articles/images/0001/si-jordan-pippen-jackson.jpg

It is absurd to claim MJ is light years ahead of Lebron at this point.

Lebron vs. MJ at 29 (hypothetical assuming the Heat 3peat)

MVP's: Lebron 4, MJ 3
Rings: Lebron 3, MJ 3
NBA finals: Lebron 5, MJ 3
ECF: Lebron 6, MJ 5
Best record: Lebron 3, MJ 1

Calabis
05-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Lebron leaves for a team made for championships...he gets with a Top 5 player and at the time possibly a top 12 player.....yet his accomplishments are somehow out of this world. Jordan helped with the development of Pippen who became a top10 player in the league but yet he is somehow worse...gtfoh...LeBron is great but he is not better than MJ.

sportjames23
05-27-2014, 11:47 PM
http://www.pagecovers.com/user-covers/07-20-2012/jordan__pippen_and_rodman-the_true_big_three.jpg

http://basketballogy.com/articles/images/0001/si-jordan-pippen-jackson.jpg

It is absurd to claim MJ is light years ahead of Lebron at this point.

Lebron vs. MJ at 29 (hypothetical assuming the Heat 3peat)

MVP's: Lebron 4, MJ 3
Rings: Lebron 3, MJ 3
NBA finals: Lebron 5, MJ 3
ECF: Lebron 6, MJ 5
Best record: Lebron 3, MJ 1

Who did MJ team up with, fakkit?

The Bulls drafted Pippen in 1988, who didn't do much his first two years. They took a chance and traded for Rodman in 1995, who sunk the Spurs in the previous season's playoffs.

And 10 years in the league, and Bron still doesn't have half the accomplishments of MJ. Don't use that age shit you Lebron stans like to fall back on, since Lebron came in the league straight out of high school while MJ went to college. Compare their time in the league.

sportjames23
05-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Lebron leaves for a team made for championships...he gets with a Top 5 player and at the time possibly a top 12 player.....yet his accomplishments are somehow out of this world. Jordan helped with the development of Pippen who became a top10 player in the league but yet he is somehow worse...gtfoh...LeBron is great but he is not better than MJ.

Than you. Roundball_Rock is a fake ass Bulls fan.

Just2McFly
05-28-2014, 12:35 AM

The probably with your whole point is the fact that Lebron joining the Heat MADE them championship material, not him joining a team that was already winning the east guaranteed.

oh the horror
05-28-2014, 12:57 AM
The probably with your whole point is the fact that Lebron joining the Heat MADE them championship material, not him joining a team that was already winning the east guaranteed.

No. A combination of that talent level definitely makes it a hell of a lot easier to dominate the way he does.

He IS the best player on that team but with Wade, Bosh and shooters you try to collapse a defense on Lebron and others will kill you.

Just2McFly
05-28-2014, 01:02 AM
No. A combination of that talent level definitely makes it a hell of a lot easier to dominate the way he does.

He IS the best player on that team but with Wade, Bosh and shooters you try to collapse a defense on Lebron and others will kill you.

I'm going to need you guys to stop re-writing history, because the team he has now, is nowhere NEAR the team he joined up to play with in that summer of 2010. The first year of that heat team they were loaded with corpses of formerly competent players, but I guess that isnt relevant. Let's boost up the team and make it seem like when he joined he had the perfect arsenal.

This revisionist history needs to stop.

My point is this: Lebron is one of those players where whether he went to NY/CHI/whatever, they were going to be heavy favorites to win the championship after he joined...not before.

Calabis
05-28-2014, 10:14 AM

Lol its not a problem...he is the best player in the league. It would have been the equivalent of Jordan leaving to go play with Magic and Worthy or to play with Malone and Stockton. Yeah those guys would have a hard time winning a chip, but they made it and lost too Jordan's Bulls. Put Jordan on those teams and they become instant championship material and the favorites.

Bosh and Wade could have easily had a chance to make it to a chip back in 2010, just probably wouldn't have won(oh wait they did with LeBron, who played like complete shit and lost). Its easy to look at Bosh as a third option and say "whatever"...but dude was arguably the best power forward in the league.

Calabis
05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
jordan/x xerxes needs rebounds/assists to be at 3 :roll: :roll:

Let me know when Lebron drops 32/8/8

Jordan Finals: 33/6/6

Lebron Finals: 22/7/8

Jordan Best Two Finals

31/11/7 and 41/6/8

Lebron Best

25/7/10 and 28/7/10

TheMan
05-28-2014, 12:03 PM

Jordan Best Two Finals

31/11/7 and 41/6/8

Lebron Best

25/7/10 and 28/7/10

GOAT :bowdown:

sportjames23
05-28-2014, 12:09 PM

Jordan Best Two Finals

31/11/7 and 41/6/8

Lebron Best

25/7/10 and 28/7/10

Aether. :bowdown:

sdot_thadon
05-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Funniest shit about this thread is that Westbrook joined Mj in another statistical plateu last night and not a peep here about it. No Mj fans tearing down Wbrook for being great......hmm

TheMan
05-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Funniest shit about this thread is that Westbrook joined Mj in another statistical plateu last night and not a peep here about it. No Mj fans tearing down Wbrook for being great......hmm
Westbrook doesn't get put on MJ's level by delusional stans:confusedshrug:

And MJ fans aren't tearing down LeBron, his Finals stats are nowhere near MJ's :confusedshrug:

Just pointing out facts...

sdot_thadon
05-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Westbrook doesn't get put on MJ's level by his stans:confusrdshrug:

And MJ fans aren't tearing down LeBron, his Finals stats are nowhere near MJ's :confusedshrug:
No, I agree finals stats withstanding. And I personally don't believe lebron is better or greater at this point in time. Just that he is on his level whether even or slightly below as a player and that he still has a shot to be better once it's all said and done. I'm simply attempting to understand the logic behind shitting on lebron to prove something about Mj. Is it the perceived threat?