PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert blames 'game plan' for shit game

UK2K
05-27-2014, 01:27 PM
That must be why Hibbert has been garbage the past three months. Bad game plans.

"The game plan really wasn't to utilize me as much; I'm just trying to be effective as I can," Hibbert said. "Would I like a little bit more touches early on? Yeah. But that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes."

"I can only control what I can control," Hibbert said. "I can't control plays called for me."

Yet, Deandre Jordan can average a double double. Varejao averaged 14 and 14 for a while last season, and I doubt many plays were run for him.

With West blaming his teammates, PG blaming the refs, Hibbert blaming his coach, and everyone blaming Stephenson, what are the chances game 5 turns into a rout and they are run off the court?

no pun intended
05-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Waiting on you now, George Hill.

UK2K
05-27-2014, 01:29 PM
I think Hill is better than that.

He doesnt seem like an 'excuse' type of guy.

Goldrush25
05-27-2014, 01:31 PM
They can't even all get on the same page for excuse making. Game plan, refs, lunar eclipse, the Lincoln assassination.

Scola was the only one that was a man about it thus far.

Keno
05-27-2014, 01:31 PM

lmao seriously. this pacers team is embarassing, bunch of cry baby, excuse making sissies.

atljonesbro
05-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm embarrassed that my conference is partly represented by this team. Does anyone like this team anymore?

Derka
05-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Execution, numbnuts.

Rebound and block shots and shut your mouth.

Thanks.

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2014, 01:36 PM
That must be why Hibbert has been garbage the past three months. Bad game plans.

Yet, Deandre Jordan can average a double double. Varejao averaged 14 and 14 for a while last season, and I doubt many plays were run for him.

He doesn't control the play calls.

He's infinitely less athletic and mobile than Jordan and Varejao .

He didn't say anything wrong.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 01:37 PM
this team is falling apart so bad

All Net
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
More excuses

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2014, 01:41 PM
this team is falling apart so bad

What're you talking about? They fell apart in February.

Deuce Bigalow
05-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Vogal's "gameplan"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bXM5jRttFk8/UuEs9N2CCHI/AAAAAAAAABQ/16MZWVlVxac/s1600/VTZade6.gif

Jailblazers7
05-27-2014, 01:42 PM
I thought he would have been a bigger part of the offense with Bosh guarding him and Birdman out but it's not like he has earned 20 touches a game because of his production. Honestly, he is bad at establishing position so him not getting the ball is usually a product of his own play.

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2014, 01:49 PM
I thought he would have been a bigger part of the offense with Bosh guarding him and Birdman out but it's not like he has earned 20 touches a game because of his production. Honestly, he is bad at establishing position so him not getting the ball is usually a product of his own play.

They're also terrible at entry passing. It's a miracle they got this far.

Derka
05-27-2014, 01:51 PM

Fool's trying to post up out near the three-point line :facepalm

UK2K
05-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Asik averaged a double double for the Rockets and not one play was called for him last season.

PP34Deuce
05-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Indy's weakness is so glaring

DonDadda59
05-27-2014, 03:54 PM
How did this collection of mental midgets get the top seed? Was Granger the glue guy? :wtf:

That being said, Vogel has been a disaster this postseason (and I guess the end of the reg. season, didn't watch many Pacers games then though).

PP34Deuce
05-27-2014, 04:07 PM
How did this collection of mental midgets get the top seed? Was Granger the glue guy? :wtf:

That being said, Vogel has been a disaster this postseason (and I guess the end of the reg. season, didn't watch many Pacers games then though).

I don't think Vogel is the problem. Same age as Spoelstra.

This Pacers team needs a floor general and a great shooter in the starting unit.

George and Stephenson are redundant and one of them needs to be comfortable not trying to be the man. I trust lance stephenson with the ball as a playmaker.

PG- Rondo would be great on this team if you can get Michael redd type SG to pair with him and George. / Lowry would be amazing for this team.
SG- Lance needs to try and play off the ball while providing great defense.
SF- PG is the perfect SF in todays game
PF- West is perfect PF for this team, they need to draft a PF to develop
C- Hibbert has been babied too much, I do like Mihimi's energy

If they can move up in the draft, Adrien Payne would be a great pick end of first round for them. I fear a team like the Spurs will get this guy and he will be productive.

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 04:07 PM
he stinks,i would trade him for someone smaller and quicker
I think frank will be fired!
and trade hill for someone quicker
shag was good.
this guy stinks,trade him please
cause the west will be loaded this November
:coleman:

o pts

that's awful!:biggums:

BlackVVaves
05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=PP34Deuce]Indy's weakness is so glaring

PP34Deuce
05-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Danny Green shits on Hill when it comes to contributing effectiveness. I think you meant to say Hill is no different than a Raymond Felton.

Hill should be a bench player that comes in and gets you buckets. I was wrong with Green because he actually plays D and is a better shooter.

Hill is more useful than raymond felton though.

gts
05-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Not sure if it's the game plan itself, or the players are not executing the game plan or Miami's defense is that smothering, probably a combination of all 3 but something's screwed up and I don't see a cure by tomorrow night...

ImKobe
05-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Hibbert need to shut up and start playing like a man. How you gonna give Bosh 10+ FT of space on three-pointers?

RoundMoundOfReb
05-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Nobody on this team takes any accountability.

Jailblazers7
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
I bet Larry Bird wants to cut everyone on that team right now. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Vogal's "gameplan"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bXM5jRttFk8/UuEs9N2CCHI/AAAAAAAAABQ/16MZWVlVxac/s1600/VTZade6.gif

:oldlol:

diamenz
05-27-2014, 04:47 PM
hibbert is such a child.

navy
05-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Hibbert need to shut up and start playing like a man. How you gonna give Bosh 10+ FT of space on three-pointers?
Because he has been bricking them. Hibbert cant guard Bosh. on the perimeter. Bosh cant guard Hibbert on the inside.

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Because he has been bricking them. Hibbert cant guard Bosh. on the perimeter. Bosh cant guard Hibbert on the inside.

if he bosh cant guard him inside,then why did he have 0 pts?:cheers:

navy
05-27-2014, 05:07 PM
if he bosh cant guard him inside,then why did he have 0 pts?:cheers:
he's a scrub :confusedshrug:

3LiftHeatCurse
05-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Seems like Danny Granger was the force in the locker room keeping that team together.

As soon as he was traded, that Pacer team fell into a tailspin

Crafty
05-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Miami's gameplan?

eSOL
05-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Scola is the only likable player on this team full of dickheads.

PG sucks Hill sucks Hibberts big for nothing

West reminds me of common -_-

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Scola is the only likable player on this team full of dickheads.

PG sucks Hill sucks Hibberts big for nothing

West reminds me of common -_-

fire frank voguel!
but who gets traded?:coleman:

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Tyson Chandler for Hibbert straight up? If nothing else, it ensures that Hibbert's gone and they might have enough money coming off the books to sign somebody like Asik next summer (Watson, Scola, Copeland, Chandler all expire). Use MLE to sign Greivis Vazquez? Would that improve the team somewhat?

Vasquez-Lance-George-West-Chandler
Watson-Hill-Copeland-Scola-Mahimi

chosen_one6
05-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Tyson Chandler for Hibbert straight up? If nothing else, it ensures that Hibbert's gone and they might have enough money coming off the books to sign somebody like Asik next summer (Watson, Scola, Copeland, Chandler all expire). Use MLE to sign Greivis Vazquez? Would that improve the team somewhat?

Not likely. What Chandler lacks in offensive scoring he makes up for in rebounding over Hibbert, but the problem isn't that the Pacers can't rebound. It's that they can't score and they have no one to initiate the offense. They have 2 shooting guards, two forwards, and a center. Even if you were to place Vasquez on the team over Hill, he's going to be able to initiate the offense but he's not good enough to score consistently, especially against quicker guards.

JellyBean
05-27-2014, 05:48 PM
More excuses from the Pacers. This is why they will never win a title, too much finger pointing going around. Rather then stepping up and saying "I am 7'2", 280ish pounds, and I need to figure out how I can help the team" These guy and the rest of the Pacers are playing the blame game.

He gets 2 rebounds one game, 5 one game, 13 another game, and then he will give you a game where he gets 0 rebounds. Rebounding is all about effort and heart. The Pacers lack heart and mental toughness.

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 05:49 PM

I love 2:biggums: see chandler play for pacers!

mark henson 123
05-27-2014, 05:51 PM
More excuses from the Pacers. This is why they will never win a title, too much finger pointing going around. Rather then stepping up and saying "I am 7'2", 280ish pounds, and I need to figure out how I can help the team" These guy and the rest of the Pacers are playing the blame game.

He gets 2 rebounds one game, 5 one game, 13 another game, and then he will give you a game where he gets 0 rebounds. Rebounding is all about effort and heart. The Pacers lack heart and mental toughness.

they need carmole anthony:coleman:

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Not likely. What Chandler lacks in offensive scoring he makes up for in rebounding over Hibbert, but the problem isn't that the Pacers can't rebound. It's that they can't score and they have no one to initiate the offense. They have 2 shooting guards, two forwards, and a center. Even if you were to place Vasquez on the team over Hill, he's going to be able to initiate the offense but he's not good enough to score consistently, especially against quicker guards.
I see your point, but my trade idea was to get rid of Hibbert's max salary. Although the lack of chemistry can be addressed after this season and potentially repaired, I'm not sure this starting 5 likes each other anymore, and that can influence the level of play on the floor. West & Chandler used to be close in New Orleans and Indy gets a motivated Chandler in a contract year coming off a bad season trying to prove he can still make a difference. He's older, but still more athletic than Hibbert (and won't complain about a lack of touches). Plus, he expires next summer.

I think Vasquez is better suited to start at PG for this squad than Hill. Vasquez for his career (per 36) is a 14/8 guy whereas Hill is a 14/3 guy. Vasquez averaged ~9 apg as a full time starter in New Orleans in 2012-2013. Scoring-wise, this past RS season GV put up 15/6.5 splitting ball-handling duties w/ Lowry and Hill put up 12/4 (all per 36). GV also has shot at least 50% between 16 feet and 3 point line last 2 years, where Hill has shot < 35% from the same range. Both shot 40.x% in catch-and-shoot opportunities from downtown. I'm just throwing out an option to upgrade at PG since Lowry, Rondo, etc. are most likely unattainable via FA or trade.

I think the Spurs were right- Hill is a combo guard off the bench, not a great starting PG.

EDIT: B/c Lance and PG handle the ball so much, I think a guy like GV puts more pressure on a defense with his mid range shooting (on catch and shoots) and ability to create for everybody else.

chosen_one6
05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
I see your point, but my trade idea was to get rid of Hibbert's max salary. Although the lack of chemistry can be addressed after this season and potentially repaired, I'm not sure this starting 5 likes each other anymore, and that can influence the level of play on the floor. West & Chandler used to be close in New Orleans and Indy gets a motivated Chandler in a contract year coming off a bad season trying to prove he can still make a difference. He's older, but still more athletic than Hibbert (and won't complain about a lack of touches). Plus, he expires next summer.

I think Vasquez is better suited to start at PG for this squad than Hill. Vasquez for his career (per 36) is a 14/8 guy whereas Hill is a 14/3 guy. Vasquez averaged ~9 apg as a full time starter in New Orleans in 2012-2013. Scoring-wise, this past RS season GV put up 15/6.5 splitting ball-handling duties w/ Lowry and Hill put up 12/4 (all per 36). GV also has shot at least 50% between 16 feet and 3 point line last 2 years, where Hill has shot < 35% from the same range. Both shot 40.x% in catch-and-shoot opportunities from downtown. I'm just throwing out an option to upgrade at PG since Lowry, Rondo, etc. are most likely unattainable via FA or trade.

I think the Spurs were right- Hill is a combo guard off the bench, not a great starting PG.

EDIT: B/c Lance and PG handle the ball so much, I think a guy like GV puts more pressure on a defense with his mid range shooting (on catch and shoots) and ability to create for everybody else.

Yeah Chandler would be a better fit now, there's no doubt. And Greivis can definitely give them a boost offensively, I'm not doubting that at all. It's just that for a team thats identity is smashmouth defense and a grind it out offense he doesn't really fit. From what I've seen from Greivis he's a sieve. Who knows though, maybe Vogel will get something out of him.

UK2K
05-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Hibbert is un-tradeable

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah Chandler would be a better fit now, there's no doubt. And Greivis can definitely give them a boost offensively, I'm not doubting that at all. It's just that for a team thats identity is smashmouth defense and a grind it out offense he doesn't really fit. From what I've seen from Greivis he's a sieve. Who knows though, maybe Vogel will get something out of him.
Haha he's definitely not a stopper! He's not quick enough to guard the quickest PGs- I was thinking that there'd be enough around him to at least hide him. It would definitely take re-working schemes and somewhat changing the identity, but maybe it'd for the best. At least in playoffs, the smashmouth attitude isn't denting MIA at all. I don't know, but this collapse has been pretty epic and I expect Bird to at least attempt to move one of their main pieces to make this roster a little more offensively dynamic.

Hibbert is un-tradeable
Never bet that Dolan will not keep getting fleeced in trades, regardless of Jackson's FO presence. We saw Iso Joe get moved with like 4 years left on a veteran-max contract. Normally I'd agree that a guy get making max money that's made a habit of putting up bagels in the playoffs wouldn't get moved, but you never know.

poido123
05-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Probably not the most professional way to tell the media the coach sucks.

But he's right, there is no game plan. If you watch the Pacers, the ball gets thrown around the perimeter, sometimes they get it to west to do his thing, they can't get many entry passes to hibbert, lance is inconsistent and they try to turn him into MJ, George most of the time takes a jump shot, often unbalanced.

Not having any great passers really handicaps this team. Even still, they should be a lot better organised.