PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James shooting 59% in the ECF, with Paul George as his main defender

J Shuttlesworth
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Paul George is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league.

For comparison, Durant shot 44% in the series against the Grizzlies in which Tony Allen was defending him.

For another comparison, LeBron shot 51% against the Pacers last year, which is pretty damn good especially against the best defense in the league.

What has he done differently? I know the series isn't over, but 59% over 4 games isn't exactly a small sample size. Is Paul George just lost, or is it just that LeBron's jumper is more on this year than it was last year? Are the Pacers a worse defensive team this year than last year?

Solefade
05-27-2014, 03:02 PM
PG is a good defender but he's for sure not a lebron stopper..with that being said, his post defense has gotten better this season

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Paul George is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league.

For comparison, Durant shot 44% in the series against the Grizzlies in which Tony Allen was defending him.

For another comparison, LeBron shot 51% against the Pacers last year, which is pretty damn good especially against the best defense in the league.

What has he done differently? I know the series isn't over, but 59% over 4 games isn't exactly a small sample size. Is Paul George just lost, or is it just that LeBron's jumper is more on this year than it was last year? Are the Pacers a worse defensive team this year than last year?

paul george is not as good as last year,pacers isn't the same team as last year

Mass Debator
05-27-2014, 03:03 PM
The reason is Lebron is now smarter than last year. He's hit the prime of his mental game just like how I think Wade's mentality is at his absolute peak.

Players don't have to use 100% energy when they know the ins-and-outs of the games...shortcuts that are just as effective. inb4 Lebron jokes

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 03:04 PM
PG is a good defender but he's for sure not a lebron stopper..with that being said, his post defense has gotten better this season

no...........he got detroyed by melo in the post everytime they faced

Solefade
05-27-2014, 03:10 PM
no...........he got detroyed by melo in the post everytime they faced

didn't say it was great, it's just gotten noticably better than last year

Im so nba'd out
05-27-2014, 03:11 PM
so basically your saying paul george and tony allen are = on defense.....Pass the kush please

Magic 32
The reason is Lebron is now smarter than last year. He's hit the prime of his mental game just like how I think Wade's mentality is at his absolute peak.

Let's see how prime their mental game is against the Spurs.

LeBron 06
59%!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Relinquish
05-27-2014, 03:12 PM
paul george is not as good as last year,pacers isn't the same team as last year

Incorrect. Paul George has played far better this postseason than last year.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 03:12 PM
so basically your saying paul george and tony allen are = on defense.....Pass the kush please

i would say so...you're willing to say tony allen is a much better defender than paul george?

imdaman99
05-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Imagine if KD shot 59%... OKC would sweep every series.

K Xerxes
LeBron is a better player than he was last year, combined with the Pacers being a worse collective defensive team.

Im so nba'd out
i would say so...you're willing to say tony allen is a much better defender than paul george?
YES MUTHAFUKA ARE F'IN CRAZY IS THIS A SERIOUS QUESTION?TONY ALLEN IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST WING DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE.

LeBron 06
05-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Let's see how prime their mental game is against the Spurs.

If this is against the spurs, LeBron will be easily better than last year

If this is against the Thunder, LeBron will destroy OKC

Rose'sACL
05-27-2014, 03:14 PM
actually, Tony allen 1-on-1 on lebron like he was against durant would get murdered in the post even more than PG. allen might be the better defender but PG is more suited to guard lebron like kawhi is.

DonDadda59
05-27-2014, 03:15 PM
http://www.cdusport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Boris-Diaw-NBA.jpg

"We want the gold sucka! LeBron James, we comin for you nigguh!"

LeBron 06
05-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Imagine if KD shot 59%... OKC would sweep every series.

It is very difficult for a player to have at least 25 PPG on 59%, but LeBron made ​​it look easy!

K Xerxes
05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Allen wouldn't trouble Lebron anywhere near as much as he does to Durant. Unlike Durant, LeBron can establish deep post position and doesn't shy away from physicality down there. Allen is too small to guard LeBron. Sad to say that Durant is still a weak bitch against a bit of physical presence.

SwishSquared
He's having more success attacking the paint, it seems to me. I think his outside jumper from left side of floor was bad last night (I think shot chart was like 0-6 or something) but he seems much much more confident this year.

Hibbert provided better help D last season, too imo. LBJ seems to use angles a little better in the paint this year to get quality shots (small sample size, but he shot 100% in paint yesterday). I think George was playing with house money too last season and he's now having trouble live up to expectations. Could be that LBJ has sorta figured him out in terms of how to get to his spots. Facing him 3 straight years in playoffs and lots of RS games allows him to figure out guys. Battier also helps LBJ know what to do/where to go in regards to using analytics to find best places to get to on the floor. LBJ definitely heeds analytics in playing the odds.

Im so nba'd out
actually, Tony allen 1-on-1 on lebron like he was against durant would get murdered in the post even more than PG. allen might be the better defender but PG is more suited to guard lebron like kawhi is.
danny green is the best defender on the spurs do you watch games breh?

Rose'sACL
05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
danny green is the best defender on the spurs do you watch games breh?
why does that matter? i am talking about players suited to guard lebron and not about all the wing defenders.

DuMa
05-27-2014, 03:20 PM
He's having more success attacking the paint, it seems to me. I think his outside jumper from left side of floor was bad last night (I think shot chart was like 0-6 or something) but he seems much much more confident this year.

Hibbert provided better help D last season, too imo. LBJ seems to use angles a little better in the paint this year to get quality shots (small sample size, but he shot 100% in paint yesterday). I think George was playing with house money too last season and he's now having trouble live up to expectations. Could be that LBJ has sorta figured him out in terms of how to get to his spots. Facing him 3 straight years in playoffs and lots of RS games allows him to figure out guys. Battier also helps LBJ know what to do/where to go in regards to using analytics to find best places to get to on the floor. LBJ definitely heeds analytics in playing the odds.

LBJ missed a breakaway layup on PG in game 4. so he was not 100% in the paint. Hes also missed some easy gimmes in other games in the paint.

He can shoot the rock like what we saw in games 6 and 7 in the 13' Finals but his shot selection is incredibly well disciplined. Theres no player like LeBron today that can basically decide to shoot the absolute best shot the team can get in almost every possession.

SamuraiSWISH
05-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Paul George is no Jimmy Butler, aka the LeBron Stopper. He lacks the upper body strength, and physicality.

zoom17
05-27-2014, 03:22 PM

:facepalm :oldlol:

Magic 32
05-27-2014, 03:23 PM

The reason Boris Diaw is the true Lebron stopper is because he has a 6th sense for beef jerky.

He would stop Greg Oden as well.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/bigsaxquatch/boris_burger_zps1ddee904.jpg

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 03:27 PM
LBJ missed a breakaway layup on PG in game 4. so he was not 100% in the paint. Hes also missed some easy gimmes in other games in the paint.

He can shoot the rock like what we saw in games 6 and 7 in the 13' Finals but his shot selection is incredibly well disciplined. Theres no player like LeBron today that can basically decide to shoot the absolute best shot the team can get in almost every possession.
OK, I was going off the top of my head. My bad for forgetting the shot, but point is, he was extremely effective in the paint. He's had some trouble finishing those 1v1 fast break situations (like when Wade had the putback dunk off his miss earlier this series) but I'm guessing that's an abnormality and might be tired legs during course of the game. He's hit some nice shots at odd angles, too, and is using his body well to set up his shot.

If it's Spurs vs. Heat II, I expect him to have a better series. LBJ is feeling how close he is to a 3peat and is extremely motivated and playing kinda ticked off. A ticked off LBJ is absolutely destructive.

tmacattack33
05-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Paul George is a great match up for Lebron.

Tony Allen was not supposed to be a perfect match up for Durant. But Durant is so skinny that he allowed a 6'4 player to bully him.

But anyway, yes, Lebron is better than Durant.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Paul George is no Jimmy Butler, aka the LeBron Stopper. He lacks the upper body strength, and physicality.

:kobe: jimmy butler ain't no lebron stopper but he probably does the best job out of anyone else

VengefulAngel
05-27-2014, 03:32 PM
The difference is D Wade is healthy which draws the attention from the defense, this gives Lebron easier looks. Plus he's attacking way more.

imdaman99
05-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Jimmy Butler to guard him 1 on 1 and Noah to help is the only defense there is to be played on bran :applause:

russwest0
05-27-2014, 03:33 PM
So Jimmy Butler >>>>>>>>>>>> Paul George :applause: :applause: :applause:

VengefulAngel
05-27-2014, 03:35 PM
So Jimmy Butler >>>>>>>>>>>> Paul George :applause: :applause: :applause:

Jimmy Butler is the ultimate Lebron defender.

Kingwillball
05-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Last night Lebron took 4 bad shots that resulted in Misses and still finished 13-21. when he is feeling it and playing at high level a lot of his misses are on Heat checks or taking ridiculous shots like a fadeaway off of Wrong foot almost like he is challenging himself or looking to make highlight shot.

Kingwillball
05-27-2014, 04:17 PM

Lebron gonna dice him up this year..

East_Stone_Ya
05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
but it's not only PG who guards Bron, it's Stephenson as well

aburre21
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
he still not aggressive as he should be though, too few shot attempts for a player of his caliber...Wade looks to score more than Bron :facepalm

Droid101
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
"Shooting"

fpliii
05-27-2014, 04:48 PM
18-43 on jumpers (13-28 on 2PA, 5-15 on 3PA), .477 eFG%. Not bad, since he's automatic in the paint and post.

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Incorrect. Paul George has played far better this postseason than last year.

he is as inconsitent as mo-pete :no:

Im Still Ballin
05-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Paul George is no better than James Harden on Defense when Lebron's on a fastbreak...

Paul George 24
05-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Lebron gonna dice him up this year..

wait & see :oldlol:

diamenz
05-27-2014, 04:57 PM
keeping 2011 in mind, i predict patty mills shutting him down.