PDA

View Full Version : I want to apologize for thinking Durant >>> Lebron.

Connor B
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM
I was one of them. I was sold on Durant. I thought the Servant would ride his MVP season into the playoffs and continue to be better than Lebron James. I thought he was the better player, not just the better shooter. I thought he was 1 to Lebron's 2.

I was wrong, and I want to apologize to King James and ISH. Lebron is clearly the better player. He is the greatest, smartest basketball player in the world, and even better when he is doubted or challenged. Durant is great, but still is not as dominant, and frankly its been frustrating seeing such an unbelievably talented player not take his game to Lebron's level of complete, cutthroat dominance, because I really thought this year it would happen.

If you felt the same, use this thread to lament for your bad judgement.

Trollsmasher
05-27-2014, 06:34 PM
You are forgiven, but your taxes shall be raised by 50% for the next 5 years

LeBronWorld needs its money

imdaman99
05-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Don't worry about it dude, it's the same thing as everyone crownin bran as the best player while Kobe was still winning rings as the best player in the NBA. We all make mistakes :cheers:

Pacquiao
05-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Lebron was facing the Bobcats and Nets.. Both of these team wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West... Durant was facing harder and stiff competition in the West.

strike first
05-27-2014, 06:39 PM
When durant ran crying to his mommy after losing in the finals I knew he wouldnt amount to shit

hes a mental midget

-Lebron23-
05-27-2014, 06:40 PM
No apology for being a moron though? Disappointed

tmacattack33
It's okay.

The regular season fools many people.

Its hard for us to know just how much Durant and Lebron cared in the regular season. And its hard to know just how much their opponents and teammates cared.

The only way to change that is to make sure that the players care about each regular season game...by reducing the regular season to 41 games.

Also, Durant isn't playing too poorly in the playoffs anyway, considering his idiot PG takes away many opportunities of his.

Dengness9
I think OP forgot Heat played 43 win Bobcats without best player, old ass 44 win nets w/out best player w/ rookie HC, and now a fraudulent 1 seed 54 win Pacers team that was sub 500 last 25 games of season and went 7 games against Teague/Milsap led Hawks......

Should anyone be surprised that it's this easy for the Heat?
They play no competition while Durant and Thunder have to play Grizz, Clips, and Spurs.

Youre welcome for the free perspective.

red1
05-27-2014, 06:42 PM
knew durant was a bitch from day one :pimp:

I think OP forgot Heat played 43 win Bobcats without best player, old ass 44 win nets w/out best player w/ rookie HC, and now a fraudulent 1 seed 54 win Pacers team that was sub 500 last 25 games of season and went 7 games against Teague/Milsap led Hawks......

They play no competition while Durant and Thunder have to play Grizz, Clips, and Spurs.

we dont want logic in here bro. gtfo

-Lebron23-
05-27-2014, 06:42 PM

Crazed Bulls fan though

Straight_Ballin
05-27-2014, 06:50 PM

Solid post. Would read again.

Relinquish
05-27-2014, 06:51 PM

56 win Pacers, not 54.

Dengness9
05-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Crazed Bulls fan though

Your answer back to my post shows you have nothing doe

Dengness9
05-27-2014, 06:55 PM
56 win Pacers, not 54.

lol you're right. Does it even matter :lol

Relinquish
05-27-2014, 07:05 PM
lol you're right. Does it even matter :lol

Not really, but 2 wins is significant in basketball.

raprap
05-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Put the heat in the west and they would still dominate every team in the west except maybe the spurs.

Solefade
05-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Lebron was facing the Bobcats and Nets.. Both of these team wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West... Durant was facing harder and stiff competition in the West.

this doesn't excuse KD to get carried in the first 2 rounds

Goldrush25
05-27-2014, 07:38 PM
I was one of them. I was sold on Durant. I thought the Servant would ride his MVP season into the playoffs and continue to be better than Lebron James. I thought he was the better player, not just the better shooter. I thought he was 1 to Lebron's 2.

I was wrong, and I want to apologize to King James and ISH. Lebron is clearly the better player. He is the greatest, smartest basketball player in the world, and even better when he is doubted or challenged. Durant is great, but still is not as dominant, and frankly its been frustrating seeing such an unbelievably talented player not take his game to Lebron's level of complete, cutthroat dominance, because I really thought this year it would happen.

If you felt the same, use this thread to lament for your bad judgement.

I would like to congratulate you on being open minded enough to alter your stance on an issue when presented with compelling information. Most people walking the face of the earth don't have the capacity to do that.:applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2014, 07:39 PM

Such a simple post...yet so effective :rockon:

i cant dunk
05-27-2014, 07:46 PM
any playoff team in the west > pacers right now
this is fact and if you don't think so your a dumbass
durants not playing well due to real defences bear hugging him

Lebrons playing great of course, not hating on him just spewing some facts

anyone thats going to compare players from different conference by playoff performance should get kicked in the teeth.

BlackVVaves
05-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't worry about it dude, it's the same thing as everyone crownin bran as the best player while Kobe was still winning rings as the best player in the NBA. We all make mistakes :cheers:

+1 for accuracy

Pacquiao
05-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Put the heat in the west and they would still dominate every team in the west except maybe the spurs.

Based on how your Ass says?

dabigbaws
05-27-2014, 07:49 PM
okc vsed grizzlies in the first round who are better than the pacers

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 07:51 PM
okc vsed grizzlies in the first round who are better than the pacers
this is way they needed the refs to rig it and needed an epic bailout from a roleplayer going off for 32 points

lilgodfather1
05-27-2014, 08:26 PM
You are forgiven my son. Welcome back to the Branerhood. We don't have many rules, we just form our opinions in reality, not our imaginations.

Marchesk
05-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Durant was the better player in the regular season, which the award is based on. Get over it already.

avonbarksdale
05-27-2014, 08:45 PM
(@TheNBACentral):
If LeBron went 0-60 on his next 60 shots he'd still have a better FG% than Kevin Durant these playoffs.

La Frescobaldi
05-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Durant was the better player in the regular season, which the award is based on. Get over it already.

his defense was exposed all season long, just like it was more even blatantly displayed when Ibaka recently took a 2 game nap.

Been saying it his whole career. Great bat, no glove.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Who's talking about MVP? It's best player of the season people are talking about

RoseCity07
05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
It's nice to see people realize how good LeGod is. Finally people are admitting their mistakes. And now hopefully more Wade haters will realize just how great he is even in his so called decline.

Wade is still better than James Harden.

JT123
05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
(@TheNBACentral):
If LeBron went 0-60 on his next 60 shots he'd still have a better FG% than Kevin Durant these playoffs.
:lebronamazed:

Straight_Ballin
05-27-2014, 09:59 PM
And yet here we have Durant hitting his last 7 shots in a row. OP said the same thing about Bosh and that thread was a backfire much like this one is about to become.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Only retards thought Durant is actually a better player than Lebron. It was beyond obvious Lebron was taking it a bit easy during the RS.

buddha
05-27-2014, 10:02 PM
And yet here we have Durant hitting his last 7 shots in a row. OP said the same thing about Bosh and that thread was a backfire much like this one is about to become.

I think we now know what the B in his name stands for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

oarabbus
05-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Lebron is a fcuking all-time player, people need to realize. You can look back later on, remembering how incredible his dominance on the basketball was. How meteoric was his impact on the game. How the PA announcer saying the words "Lebron James in for Rashard Lewis" struck fear in the heart of opposing coaches night after night.

Or you can look back in a couple decades remembering how you were saltily hating lebron instead of recognizing greatness.

Akrazotile
05-27-2014, 10:11 PM
God forgives. Lebron doesnt.

AintNoSunshine
05-27-2014, 10:30 PM
I was just thinking about the same thing this morning.

All the people that couldn't wait to put Durant over Lebron because of his RS run has been dead quiet into the real season.

Pretty much everyone is calling Lebron the best player in the world again now.

stalkerforlife
05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Don't apologize.

He is better.

Marchesk
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Who's talking about MVP? It's best player of the season people are talking about

And Durant was the better player during the regular season. I don't care if Lebron was coasting. Durant had a superb season. And he's had to play a lot tougher competition in the playoffs.

chris02jammers
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM
LBJ is still the GOAT

Marchesk
05-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Or you can look back in a couple decades remembering how you were saltily hating lebron instead of recognizing greatness.

How do we know Durant won't be up there with him by then? ISH overreaction on everything in the moment is just nuts.

Marchesk
05-27-2014, 10:35 PM
his defense was exposed all season long, just like it was more even blatantly displayed when Ibaka recently took a 2 game nap.

Been saying it his whole career. Great bat, no glove.

I don't recall Magic and Bird being renown for defense either.