PDA

View Full Version : A star is born.

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Steven Adams.

-Own Zach Randolph? Check.
-Own Blake Griffin and troll Chris Paul? Check.
-Own Tim Duncan? Check.

Also,

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11256408

"And one, bitch", a 17-year-old Adams whispered under his breath to grizzled veteran Casey Frank during an intense practice session for Wellington Saints three years ago. The rookie Adams had just gone up for a dunk. Frank attempted to foul him. Hard. Adams barely even blinked. The "and one" call was a reference to the fact that, had it been a proper game, Adams would have been shooting a free throw to go with the two points for the bucket. It was the basketball equivalent of "in your face". Frank was enraged.

"I just got so freakin' mad," recalls Frank. "I started yelling at him and I kicked him in the leg. He just kept running like nothing had happened. He still does that every day. That's the kind of temperament he has. The way he plays, you'd expect some aggression or emotion with it, but he is just deadpan. He comes out there and does his work and is just grinding on you play after play."

:applause:

zoom17
naw

russwest0
Steven Adams too.

Relinquish
05-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Jeremy Lamb.

Lamb is 1-4 with 5 pts. What a star, in fact, he is now officially the GOAT. :bowdown:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 10:05 PM
entire thunder squad is packed with stars
no excuses whatsoever

oh the horror
05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
entire thunder squad is packed with stars
no excuses whatsoever

Dude. Shut up.

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Lamb is 1-4 with 5 pts. What a star, in fact, he is now officially the GOAT. :bowdown:

3 steals and skied high for some good rebounds.

Stay mad though. :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
05-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Silence of the Lamb gonna eat up the Spurs with a side of fava beans and a glass of Chianti.

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Steven Adams so far in the playoffs has owned Randolph, Griffin, and now Duncan.

Dude is ****ing good for a 20 year old. Hitting hook shots, postering Duncan, rebounding well, switching onto Ginobli and played GREAT defense, got some sick blocks, dude does it all.

Random_Guy
05-27-2014, 10:09 PM
knew dude was gonna be good, houston should have kept him smh

Random_Guy
05-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Silence of the Lamb gonna eat up the Spurs with a side of fava beans and a glass of Chianti.
damn if he turns into a all star
silence of the lamb:eek: :eek:
goat nickname

oarabbus
05-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Steven Adams too.

This I can see. If Westbrook learns how to feed Steven Adams (pause) on lobs the Thunder are about to be sick.

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:13 PM
This I can see. If Westbrook learns how to feed Steven Adams (pause) on lobs the Thunder are about to be sick.

Perry Jones is a really good lob catcher and finisher. Westbrook got him a few lobs this year and it looked damn near unstoppable because you HAVE to help on Westbrook.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/03/alley_oop-3.gif

If they played PJ3 in place of Butler too, they'd be so ****ing good.

oarabbus
05-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Perry Jones is a really good lob catcher and finisher. Westbrook got him a few lobs this year and it looked damn near unstoppable because you HAVE to help on Westbrook.

If they played PJ3 in place of Butler too, they'd be so ****ing good.

I'm not seeing the same thing in PJ3 or even Lamb that I'm seeing in Adams. Not even close Lamb is a nice player...

but I'm getting a 1x or more all star vibe from Adams though.

SOD 21
05-27-2014, 10:16 PM
The rapid improvement of Steven Adams along with the stout defense of Serge Ibaka, the best defender in the league according to Popovich, gives OKC arguably the best defensive front court in the league for years to come.

The narrative on the James Harden trade is goig to keep changing more and more even than many were claiming.

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not seeing the same thing in PJ3 or even Lamb that I'm seeing in Adams. Not even close Lamb is a nice player...

but I'm getting a 1x or more all star vibe from Adams though.

oh yeah. Adams is already a good two way player and has been from day one called a "sponge" by the coaches and his teammates.

You can see it too, he is growing more and more each game and has easily been the best rookie/sophmore in the playoffs so far.

Adams can already hit hook shots with either hand, CAN shoot mid range shots, improved on his college FT% by like 20% just as a rookie, and is playing outstanding defense and trolling vets in the process.... but it might not hurt his reputation because he has a lot of charisma and comes across as a very likeable guy...

maybeshewill13
05-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Adams and Ibaka defending the paint for years to come :rockon: Ibaka on the weak side with the blocks, Adams with the post defense and blocks, good luck opposition :rockon:

russwest0
05-27-2014, 10:20 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11256408

"And one, bitch", a 17-year-old Adams whispered under his breath to grizzled veteran Casey Frank during an intense practice session for Wellington Saints three years ago. The rookie Adams had just gone up for a dunk. Frank attempted to foul him. Hard. Adams barely even blinked. The "and one" call was a reference to the fact that, had it been a proper game, Adams would have been shooting a free throw to go with the two points for the bucket. It was the basketball equivalent of "in your face". Frank was enraged.

"I just got so freakin' mad," recalls Frank. "I started yelling at him and I kicked him in the leg. He just kept running like nothing had happened. He still does that every day. That's the kind of temperament he has. The way he plays, you'd expect some aggression or emotion with it, but he is just deadpan. He comes out there and does his work and is just grinding on you play after play."

Adams :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The ****ing GOAT.

Im Still Ballin
05-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Steal my style? Check.

AintNoSunshine
05-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Steven Adam is a born star:banana:

Micku
05-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Stone Cold Steve Adam.

kamil
05-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Steven Adams, Nick Collison and JJ Redick all look alike.