PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook - Cockiest ringless sidekick of all time?

ninephive
05-28-2014, 12:20 AM
This guy poses after every basket! I can't remember a more arrogant player for a championship-less team (that's not even the best player on that team). Anyone even close?

Kvnzhangyay
05-28-2014, 12:21 AM
How does that mean he's cocky? It just means he's playing with hella intensity

Relinquish
05-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Lance Stephenson ring a bell? :sleeping

russwest0
05-28-2014, 12:23 AM

lol yeah this.

none of it feels forced it's just who the guy is when he steps on the court. Kobe said he played Westbrook when Westbrook was just in high school and he was like "who is this kid?" because Westbrook went right at him.

Cowboy Thunder
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
This guy poses after every basket! I can't remember a more arrogant player for a championship-less team (that's not even the best player on that team). Anyone even close?

http://giant.gfycat.com/TartLastBarnacle.gif

Thunderstruck
05-28-2014, 12:25 AM
ninephive, most bitch sour grapes poster of all time?

sportjames23
05-28-2014, 12:25 AM
OP has a high concentration of NaCl in his bowels.

ninephive
05-28-2014, 12:27 AM
That might be close, but I don't see Lance posing and doing his celebrations at the same clip as Westbrook.

JohnMax
05-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Did you not see Lebron celebrate after every dunk yesterday.

ninephive
05-28-2014, 12:29 AM
How does posing after you make a basket make you cocky? Sounds like a rhetorical question honestly.

ninephive
05-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Did you not see Lebron celebrate after every dunk yesterday.
Lebron is not a ringless sidekick.

russwest0
05-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Lebron is not a ringless sidekick.

so a sidekick with rings can be cocky but a younger one without them can't?

good logic OP

ninephive
05-28-2014, 12:49 AM
so a sidekick with rings can be cocky but a younger one without them can't?

good logic OP
Lebron is not ringless (2)
Lebron is not a sidekick (2 FMVP, 4 MVP)

What am I missing here?

Dr. Cheesesteak
05-28-2014, 01:19 AM
I somewhat agree w/ OP. I wouldn't say "cocky", but rather just..."stupid", how Westbrook does his 3-pt holster pose after every 3 he makes. Even wide open ones. Just goes to show how bad he is at shooting 3's - it's such a big deal he has to celebrate :oldlol:

I'm surprised not more coaches tell their PG to cherry pick down the court when he shoots a 3 and poses for 3 seconds, not getting back to play D.

maybeshewill13
05-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Dude's got swagger, it's awesome.

J Shuttlesworth
05-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Paul George is cocky every time he makes a 3 as well.

navy
05-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Westbrook isnt a sidekick.

oarabbus
05-28-2014, 02:08 AM
I miss all the players like Barkley.

We need guys like Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Demarcus Cousins, Bron while Angry, etc in the league, guys who play with intensity.

Droid101
05-28-2014, 02:50 AM
ninephive, bitchiest, assholiest fan of all time.

Also a huge beta.

Edit: Also, most butthurt. Keep crying.

B4llin
05-28-2014, 02:59 AM

Maybe he doesn't give a **** about championships? Maybe he just loves the game of basketball and loves putting all of his effort into the game. Maybe he just loves playing with his teammates and really enjoys himself no matter what. Maybe he just wants to play as hard as he can, and its just a bonus if he wins a ring eventually. Maybe he just wants to play the game without having to worry about teaming up with a Finals MVP to win a ring? Maybe he's only 25 years old and knows that the league is all over Lebrons dick and knows he has no chance of beating the Leagues golden boy who gets babied to rings year after year. He is just having fun until the league stops babying Lebron and he can win some rings through real hard basketball.

B4llin
05-28-2014, 03:01 AM
I miss all the players like Barkley.

We need guys like Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Demarcus Cousins, Bron while Angry, etc in the league, guys who play with intensity.

Lebron didn't get angry until he teamed up with a finals MVP and another multiple all star and got babied to rings. He is a beta through and through.

The type of guy to act tough in a fight when he knows he has a friend who is a black belt, but when he's alone he cowers up and hides.

navy
05-28-2014, 04:10 AM
ninephive, bitchiest, assholiest fan of all time.

Also a huge beta.

Edit: Also, most butthurt. Keep crying.
Ironic coming from you. Let me guess, I'm on your ignore list so you can't read this anyways.

Lebron23
05-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Maybe he doesn't give a **** about championships? Maybe he just loves the game of basketball and loves putting all of his effort into the game. Maybe he just loves playing with his teammates and really enjoys himself no matter what. Maybe he just wants to play as hard as he can, and its just a bonus if he wins a ring eventually. Maybe he just wants to play the game without having to worry about teaming up with a Finals MVP to win a ring? Maybe he's only 25 years old and knows that the league is all over Lebrons dick and knows he has no chance of beating the Leagues golden boy who gets babied to rings year after year. He is just having fun until the league stops babying Lebron and he can win some rings through real hard basketball.

This Kobetard is still mad at Lebron. Stay salty b1tch Lebron already surpasses Kobe at age 28 last year.

I hope you commit suicide when Miami wins their 3rd straight finals mvp.

East_Stone_Ya
05-28-2014, 04:23 AM
This Kobetard is still mad at Lebron. Stay salty b1tch Lebron already surpasses Kobe at age 28 last year.

I hope you commit suicide when Miami wins their 3rd straight finals mvp.

i like your elementary level insults :applause:

aj1987
05-28-2014, 04:34 AM
Ironic coming from you. Let me guess, I'm on your ignore list so you can't read this anyways.
If he could, that idiot would probably put himself on ignore.

knicksman
05-28-2014, 04:49 AM
hes the most annoying player. He thinks hes a superstar but actually hes a negative. Youre team is better w/o him.

dannywpt
05-28-2014, 07:58 AM
hes the most annoying player. He thinks hes a superstar but actually hes a negative. Youre team is better w/o him.

Brilliant post, you come off as a real genius. :applause:

Fiddlesticks
05-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Westbrook is better than your favorite player.

LilEddyCurry
05-28-2014, 09:13 AM
:applause:

Rake2204
05-28-2014, 09:30 AM
none of it feels forced it's just who the guy is when he steps on the court.I'd say that's the biggest reason why I do not have an issue with his antics. In fact, I enjoy them. When I see him celebrate or evoke strong emotion, it looks and feels very sincere and intensified. It does not feel forced, pre-planned, and poorly executed. In contrast to many pre-determined responses players give, Westbrook appears to be just letting it flow, believing in himself to the fullest and responding on a whim.

I do not believe team championships should effect one's own intensity. It seems Westbrook's style of play and reactions feed into one another, so I feel it'd be a detriment to himself to consciously not display and exude confidence. He creates the opportunity to perform well because he believes.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1033198/west.gif

Jlamb47
05-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Russell Westbrook swag on the court is awesome. I love how he plays with so much passion and intensity. He never quits and goes all out. Dude is fearless

Jailblazers7
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
I'd say that's the biggest reason why I do not have an issue with his antics. In fact, I enjoy them. When I see him celebrate or evoke strong emotion, it looks and feels very sincere and intensified. It does not feel forced, pre-planned, and poorly executed. In contrast to many pre-determined responses players give, Westbrook appears to be just letting it flow, believing in himself to the fullest and responding on a whim.

I do not believe team championships should effect one's own intensity. It seems Westbrook's style of play and reactions feed into one another, so I feel it'd be a detriment to himself to consciously not display and exude confidence. He creates the opportunity to perform well because he believes.

Yeah, I 100% agree. He is such an instinctual player that I think concerning himself with toning it down would hurt his play because he would be inside his own head too much. The guy is just all effort and emotion and its awesome. He pumps up the crowd, himself, and his teammates and usually sets the tone for the team.

red1
05-28-2014, 09:44 AM
I'd say that's the biggest reason why I do not have an issue with his antics. In fact, I enjoy them. When I see him celebrate or evoke strong emotion, it looks and feels very sincere and intensified. It does not feel forced, pre-planned, and poorly executed. In contrast to many pre-determined responses players give, Westbrook appears to be just letting it flow, believing in himself to the fullest and responding on a whim.

This why he is their leader even though durant is the second most talented player in the league. The entire team feeds off of his emotion. I have too many okc comebacks sparked by a reckless westbrook play