PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Heat haters should be rooting hard for the Spurs

Heavincent
05-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Cause lets be honest, Lebran would probably make Durant his bitch again. Our only hope would be GOATbrook and Ibaka.

Spurs stand a better chance, as long as they don't shat themselves again.

poido123
05-28-2014, 04:31 AM
If Spurs can't beat Durant/ Westbrook Thunder.. How do they stand a chance against back to back champs in LeBron/ Wade/ Bosh? :confusedshrug:

Match ups.

Spurs were able to force LeBron into jump shots, something they can't do with Durant.

Magic731
05-28-2014, 04:35 AM
It was 1-1 in reg season this year why does nobody give Durant and the Thunder a chance?

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 04:39 AM
It was 1-1 in reg season this year why does nobody give Durant and the Thunder a chance?
The first matchup was closer than the 2nd. The 2nd game miami dominated OKC, and wouldve won by even more had Ibaka not broken Bron's nose.

Lebron made durant his bitch that game while the first game was even between them

russwest0
05-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Yes, because a Westbrook/Lamb/Durant/Ibaka/Adams would give the Heat no trouble :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

JohnMax
Miami dominates because of Perkins and Sefolosha. Remove them out of the lineup and its competitive.

russwest0

because 2 years ago with Heat getting all the calls they beat a younger Thunder team with Ibaka averaging 9PPG that year and Harden choking!

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Yes, because a Westbrook/Lamb/Durant/Ibaka/Adams would give the Heat no trouble :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
wade would make lamb his bitch. same goes for bron and durant. bosh usually outplays ibaka and adams will get owned by birdman.

chslmers and cole willl do what they can to try slow westbrook down

aj1987
05-28-2014, 04:44 AM
because 2 years ago with Heat getting all the calls they beat a younger Thunder team with Ibaka averaging 9PPG that year and Harden choking!
You want a jumpshooting beta to average the same number of FT's as LeBron? :facepalm

IMObjective
05-28-2014, 04:49 AM
What if you hate the spurs just as much? Go okc!

Indian guy
05-28-2014, 04:50 AM
If Spurs can't beat Durant/ Westbrook Thunder.. How do they stand a chance against back to back champs in LeBron/ Wade/ Bosh? :confusedshrug:

Match-ups. 1) Spurs' sophisticated offense, with constant ball/player movement and excellent 3pt shooting is pretty much the blueprint to beat Miami's over-trapping style of defense. OKC's 2-man dominant offense, with little beyond high pick n rolls and isos doesn't bother Miami much. It would still bother them, don't get me wrong, because KD and RW are that great, but the Spurs offense is an entirely different animal. 2) Spurs guard LeBron better than anyone in the NBA. They prey on his inconsistent jumper(along with lacking confidence in it) and completely shut his driving lanes off by hounding him with 3-4 guys any time he looks to penetrate. They are also great at packing the paint and have an excellent shot blocker in Duncan. OKC's D has never bothered LeBron on the other hand. 3) Spurs have a good interior scorer in Duncan and size always bothers Miami. OKC don't have that.

Lebron23
05-28-2014, 04:53 AM
It's 2014 and you guys are still hating on the king.

russwest0
05-28-2014, 04:56 AM
You want a jumpshooting beta to average the same number of FT's as LeBron? :facepalm

lebron got more ft's when he shot more jump shots.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 05:14 AM
lebron got more ft's when he shot more jump shots.
And when was that?

Hotbullets
05-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Match ups.

Spurs were able to force LeBron into jump shots, something they can't do with Durant.

Fair enough, but Bron's jumper is money these play-offs.

Honestly, I'm not too worried.

StephHamann
05-28-2014, 05:21 AM
okc miami 7 game series, i already read the script by adam silver

russwest0
05-28-2014, 05:36 AM
And when was that?

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: 2012, like I said

aj1987
05-28-2014, 06:12 AM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: 2012, like I said
:oldlol:

Go back and rematch the series. LeBron scored primarily in the paint, while KD was lighting it up from midrange and the 3.

Honest question, dude. Why do you always make shit up? You know that it's damn easy to verify stuff, right?

EDIT:

LeBron against the Thunder in the Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/ueG7vIC.png

KD against the Heat in the Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/Uio52Pe.png

KD took more shots from the 3 than at the rim. Twice as many 3's as LeBron.

poido123
05-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Fair enough, but Bron's jumper is money these play-offs.

Honestly, I'm not too worried.

It's obviously more than just that.

They are also struggling to contain Westbrooks speed, Ibaka length and threat of jumper, but have nobody to slow down Durant either. That's a lot of holes to worry about.

It's definitely not over. Okc can look a totally different team away from home. They have to win a game in sa.

Angel Face
05-28-2014, 07:28 AM
This Thunder team is a much better team than 2 years ago. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is obviously better than before and they have good players coming off the bench, Adams, Lamb, Jackson (if he won't start), Collison is reliable too. Looks like Sefalosha and Perkins will be getting less minutes and they don't have a guy who is a liability in defense James Harden. It won't be the same as 2012 Finals. Thunder can win it all.

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 07:30 AM

Go back and rematch the series. LeBron scored primarily in the paint, while KD was lighting it up from midrange and the 3.

Honest question, dude. Why do you always make shit up? You know that it's damn easy to verify stuff, right?

EDIT:

watch him never return to this thread again :lol

ive owned him multiple times before and he dissapears every single time

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 07:32 AM
This Thunder team is a much better team than 2 years ago. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is obviously better than before and they have good players coming off the bench, Adams, Lamb, Jackson (if he won't start), Collison is reliable too. Looks like Sefalosha and Perkins will be getting less minutes and they don't have a guy who is a liability in defense James Harden. It won't be the same as 2012 Finals. Thunder can win it all.
They need to start Sefalosha or else Wade is going off.

KD and westbrook are also inconsistent and i think they've been playing worse this year than in the 2012 playoffs tbh.

Miami didnt have birdman and ray in 2012 either.

dannywpt
05-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Now that Brooks has realised he doesn't have to play 3 players totally incompetent of making shots on the court at all times, I give OKC a fair chance in a possible finals. 50/50.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Now that Brooks has realised he doesn't have to play 3 players totally incompetent of making shots on the court at all times, I give OKC a fair chance in a possible finals. 50/50.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

poido123
05-28-2014, 08:33 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

They are not 50/50 but I give okc a small chance of winning.

Okc role players will need to play big. Durant Westbrook can only do so much and Durant has trouble scoring when Bron guards him.

dannywpt
05-28-2014, 08:34 AM
They are not 50/50 but I give okc a small chance of winning.

Okc role players will need to play big. Durant Westbrook can only do so much and Durant has trouble scoring when Bron guards him.

Just like in the 2012 finals, 30ppg on 50%. Scoring trouble.

Dresta
05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Match-ups. 1) Spurs' sophisticated offense, with constant ball/player movement and excellent 3pt shooting is pretty much the blueprint to beat Miami's over-trapping style of defense. OKC's 2-man dominant offense, with little beyond high pick n rolls and isos doesn't bother Miami much. It would still bother them, don't get me wrong, because KD and RW are that great, but the Spurs offense is an entirely different animal. 2) Spurs guard LeBron better than anyone in the NBA. They prey on his inconsistent jumper(along with lacking confidence in it) and completely shut his driving lanes off by hounding him with 3-4 guys any time he looks to penetrate. They are also great at packing the paint and have an excellent shot blocker in Duncan. OKC's D has never bothered LeBron on the other hand. 3) Spurs have a good interior scorer in Duncan and size always bothers Miami. OKC don't have that.
This. Spurs also have Danny Green as an effective defender on Wade, whereas OKC have to opt to play an offensive liability if they play their only guy who can defend Wade (Sefolosha). And they still have no one to defend Lebron. Who's gonna defend him? Durant? Good luck - Lebron will bully him into oblivion if he tries.

edrick
05-28-2014, 08:37 AM
watch him never return to this thread again :lol

ive owned him multiple times before and he dissapears every single time

Russ loves stating false BS as fact, then ignores the truth when it's posted. It's kind of his thing.

Dresta
05-28-2014, 08:40 AM

EDIT:

Murked.

But damn: why can Bron never make his jumper in the finals with any consistency?

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 08:42 AM

That is the only thing he did that series. Played no defense, brought nothing to the table in terms of playmaking, and just stood around 3 feet behind the 3pt line when he didn't have the ball. Not even most important player on his team :eek:

poido123
05-28-2014, 08:46 AM

:eek: :wtf:

I must have a bad memory. I could of sworn I watched LeBron dominate Durant? Didn't realize Durant scored that much

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 09:06 AM
:eek: :wtf:

I must have a bad memory. I could of sworn I watched LeBron dominate Durant? Didn't realize Durant scored that much
I dont think Lebron guarded him most of the time

poido123
05-28-2014, 09:12 AM
I dont think Lebron guarded him most of the time

He didn't.

But for key stretches, he gave Durant trouble.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Murked.

But damn: why can Bron never make his jumper in the finals with any consistency?
True. It's really annoying.

Legends66NBA7
05-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Murked.

It's not just the Finals, but it seems like that in a overall playoff run too.

Maybe he gets gassed ?

ForeverHeat
05-28-2014, 12:49 PM
russwest just got ****ed up this ass here, god damn.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Not to mention lock down defense on Mario Chalmers in game 4.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM
It's not just the Finals, but it seems like that in a overall playoff run too.

Maybe he gets gassed ?
He shoots something like 38% from the midrange (his playoff career avg).

Solefade
05-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Not to mention lock down defense on Mario Chalmers in game 4.

:eek: :eek:

DMV2
05-28-2014, 01:27 PM
OKC got it this year!

Would love to see the Spurs win it all over both teams, though.

Legends66NBA7
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
He shoots something like 38% from the midrange (his playoff career avg).

Hmm... thought it was actually worse.

What is his regular season averages ? Cleveland and Miami splits ?

aj1987
05-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Hmm... thought it was actually worse.

What is his regular season averages ? Cleveland and Miami splits ?
My bad. It's ~33-35%. I'll calculate his Cleveland averages and Miami averages when I have a bit of time. Will also do the RS and Playoffs for both his teams.