PDA

View Full Version : If the Heat win the title...

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:24 AM
and DWade gets the FMVP, how would that affect LeBron's legacy? The way Wade has been playing, that's a real possibility. Will some people then claim Wade "carried" Bran to his third title? Where would a second FMVP put Wade in the all time list? Keep in mind that if Wade does win FMVP, it will be his fourth ring with two FMVPs to Bron's three rings and two FMVPs :lol

Kinda funny how as long as Wade and Bron keep winning titles together, Flash will always have one more :oldlol:

This isn't a thread to bash Bran because the Heat wouldn't be in this position without him but just interested in what you guys think.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Not a possibility... really.

He must outplay him to a large amount ala 2011 to get it in the first place... that won't happen.

And yeah, lock the ****in' 3-peat.. Miami will roll over OKC in nothing more than 5 games :oldlol:

NumberSix
05-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Keep it real. Even if Wade outplays LeBron, LeBron will still get the FMVP.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Wade tried to be the man in 2011 and wasn't good enough to take them to a series win. If Miami is winning it all, it's because of LeGod :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All Net
05-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Did Parker getting finals mvp affect Duncan's?

red1
Yeah. It wouldnt even be a travesty either if they put up similar production and they give it to bron since he has been carrying the team all year.

JtotheIzzo
All sane people know Bron is the real MVP every season he plays, and every playoff he plays. Wade has been great, but Bron much better, and no one will think less of LeBron is Wade plays out of his mind and wins the finals MVP.

LeBron is the greatest ever at his position and will end his career at very worst a top five all time player.

I know you aren't a hater or even salty but it is a true shame we don't appreciate the greatness we are being treated to every second night.

red1
Wade tried to be the man in 2011 and wasn't good enough to take them to a series win. If Miami is winning it all, it's because of LeGod :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
sure. thats the reason they lost :lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:31 AM

He wasn't good enough to take them over the hump. He flat out decided he wanted to be the man that Finals series and Miami lost in 6. I don't blame him at all for losing. But it's obvious Miami should have been letting LeBron run the show from the beginning.

NumberSix
05-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Bacon n eggs wit dat tay

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:33 AM
IF wade does outplay Bron and Bron gets FMVP, your average Joe might not notice but believe me, ISH and other hardcore hoops fans will notice.

red1
He wasn't good enough to take them over the hump. He flat out decided he wanted to be the man that Finals series and Miami lost in 6. I don't blame him at all for losing. But it's obvious Miami should have been letting LeBron run the show from the beginning.
http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Oh+Walt+Disney+you+so+silly+_70380890fbdf11f41fc0c e7403d05105.jpg

Frozen1
Only way Wade wins FMVP is if somehow he puts 30/5/5 on 60% and on 15 shots per game.

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Lol, if Bran just had an average series and not the stinkfest he had, the Heats would be looking to fourpeat right now:lol

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 10:39 AM

exactly this...Lebron let Wade hav his way against the Mavs, shied to the corner so Flash could get his last "flash" with the FMVP. ever since Wade's realized he couldn't steer the ship, Miami hasn't lost a series...let's hope it continues :rockon:

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Lol, if Bran just had an average series and not the stinkfest he had, the Heats would be looking to fourpeat right now:lol

Couldn't get it done as the man that series. Thankfully even Wade wised up and knew in his heart the team was better off in LeBron's hands. Two titles later, it's looking like a great decision :pimp:

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Did Parker getting finals mvp affect Duncan's?
Not really, but no one considers Duncan in the MJ, KAJ, Wilt and Russell upper echelon. Bron is gunning for that level and another player winning FMVP in his absolute prime will leave the door open for some to claim he got outplayed by a teammate, something that never happened with MJ for example.

Jlamb47
05-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Couldn't get it done as the man that series. Thankfully even Wade wised up and knew in his heart the team was better off in LeBron's hands. Two titles later, it's looking like a great decision :pimp:

Or maybe they didnt iwn because Lebron Choked
17ppg?
cmon he was giving Wade the greenlight cuz he couldnt do it

red1
If bronze had a 2011 sidekick ring in addition to the fmvp this year he would already be a near-lock for top 3 with a legit shot at catching MJ. 4 rings 3fmvps 4peat and 80% winning rate in the finals? He f*cked himself over nearly as bad as he did da gawd :oldlol:

K Xerxes
Not seeing how it's a real possibility. Wade may outplay LeBron for 2 or 3 games maximum, but LeBron is a lot more consistent than Wade and will end up with better stats in every category.

r15mohd

I'm not mad the way the series went, I mean it would of been nice to win but had they won, Lebron never dominates the way he does today with added post presence. it was a step-back to gain many steps further. plus the humbling experience after the whole Summer 2010 ordeal, too

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:43 AM
17ppg?

Wade wanted to be the man that series. LeBron obliged and it ended up costing the Heat a title. Good thing they gave the team to LeBron so they could start winning titles. :bowdown: :bowdown:

leMVP
05-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Lebron will win it.

He impacts the floor on both ends, also if OKC did advance, He will guard Durant and the narrative will be him vs Durant.

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 10:44 AM
17ppg?

couldn't do it...guess you didn't watch the series, who has the video links?!? :D

Lebron was completely passive, complete opposite from the prior 3 rounds...he gave Wade the green light and lime light to win and get FMVP. didn't work out as planned

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Come on bro, no one wins it by themselves, 2012 Bron played great in the Finals but he had alot of help from the role players, 2013 LBJ struggled for the most part but Wade had a couple of great games to extend the series to where Bran finally woke up. Wade played great in 2011 and if Bran just played to 25/7/7, they win.

Seems like everyone but the Bran stans know Bran cost the Heat a title that year

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Its true :confusedshrug:

Wade couldnt do it as the man with LeBron laying an egg
LeBron HAS carried them past teams with Wade laying an egg

Of course Wade was still better, not gonna go pauk on you, but thats all we're saying, dog.

leMVP
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Btw, regarding the 2011 finals, where were Wade when the Mavs rallied from 19 down to steal game 2?

Lebron laid the egg on the road that's for sure, But Wade didn't do anything to prevent some collapses, his turnover late in game 4, his disappearance in game 6 and his chucking late in game 2.

red1
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Come on bro, no one wins it by themselves, 2012 Bron played great in the Finals but he had alot of help from the role players, 2013 LBJ struggled for the most part but Wade had a couple of great games to extend the series to where Bran finally woke up. Wade played great in 2011 and if Bran just played to 25/7/7, they win.
if he put up just 20/7/7 then they win

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 10:49 AM

Lebron playing 25/7/7 in 2011 challenges Wade for FMVP IMO...they lost games 2 and 4 by 5pts total and Lebron could have definitely did more to snatch those 5pts to help win.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:50 AM

They weren't defended the same. Mavs went all in on stopping LeBron. Wade was single covered by Kidd and sometimes Stevenson. I don't blame Wade for losing. But their is a reason why the team is LeBron's now. They weren't sold on Wade being the guy anymore. Wade can be your best player for a few games, possibly a series. But he just doesn't have that LeBron impact.

red1
05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Its true :confusedshrug:

Wade couldnt do it as the man with LeBron laying an egg
LeBron HAS carried them past teams with Wade laying an egg

Of course Wade was still better, not gonna go pauk on you, but thats all we're saying, dog.
well he is after all clearly the superior player at this stage of their careers

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:52 AM
if he put up just 20/7/7 then they win

If Wade doesn't play awful in the clutch, they win. If Bibby doesn't have on of the worst shooting series ever they probably win. etc. End of the day, Wade wanted to be the man, and they didn't win it.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Lebron playing 25/7/7 in 2011 challenges Wade for FMVP IMO...they lost games 2 and 4 by 5pts total and Lebron could have definitely did more to snatch those 5pts to help win.

Exactly. If Miami were to have beaten Dallas that year, LeBron would have been the the Finals MVP. Problem is Miami can't win titles with him struggling like they can with Wade or Bosh struggling

r15mohd
well he is after all clearly the superior player at this stage of their careers

not just at this stage...Lebron's been better since they both entered. Wade had a viable team in 2006 to get a ring, Lebron didn't get that until 2010-11 by his own doing.

red1
They weren't defended the same. Mavs went all in on stopping LeBron. Wade was single covered by Kidd and sometimes Stevenson. I don't blame Wade for losing. But their is a reason why the team is LeBron's now. They weren't sold on Wade being the guy anymore. Wade can be your best player for a few games, possibly a series. But he just doesn't have that LeBron impact.
Except that isnt true. Wade has already proven that he can lead a team on his own. You cant just pin bron's choke on the mav's defense. I liked bron even back then and I remember having to argue against people at bars who don't watch basketball claiming that bron is the most overrated athlete of all time. Judging solely off of that series I wouldnt even blame them. He wasn't himself

red1
05-28-2014, 10:56 AM
not just at this stage...Lebron's been better since they both entered. Wade had a viable team in 2006 to get a ring, Lebron didn't get that until 2010-11 by his own doing.
Bron has been more consistent but when wade was at his peak he had similar impact. Nearly identical actually

TheMan
05-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Lebron will win it.

He impacts the floor on both ends, also if OKC did advance, He will guard Durant and the narrative will be him vs Durant.
But if Durant and Bron play to a standstill and Wade dominates his match up:confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Except that isnt true. Wade has already proven that he can lead a team on his own. You cant just pin bron's choke on the mav's defense. I liked bron even back then and I remember having to argue against people at bars who don't watch basketball claiming that bron is the most overrated athlete of all time. Judging solely off of that series I wouldnt even blame them. He wasn't himself

oh god, this reminds me debating some epic kobetard lunatics... not at bars necessarily, but in general... major struggle.

at nike town this dude got so mad at me saying kobe ain't to 10 he tried to pinch me with a shoehorn

TheMan
05-28-2014, 11:00 AM
The revisionist history by his stans in this thread is lololol:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Not pinning his choke on anything. As for Wade being the man on a title team, of course. But they weren't playing the 06 Mavericks with tons of ref aided help. Wade wanted to be the man in 2011, and they didn't win the title. They stick to their game plan the first 3 rounds, and probably win it all. For whatever reason Wade wanted to change the plan up in the Finals. I don't blame him for the loss. Not pinning it on him. But if he was as good as you guys say he was, Miami would have won the title.

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 11:02 AM

he can definitely lead a team but leading them deep into the playoffs without an added threat is something he couldn't do. this is where the race ended for Wade and continued for Lebron, and the separation on who is actually better is clearly seen.

as for the choke job on the Mavs, definitely isn't the Mavs doing. Lebron was aggressive for the 3 prior rounds in getting the Heat to the Finals...Finals reach and Lebron becomes a ghost, doesn't even attack or shoot as he did in the prior rounds. I cant say he was shook either, he's been on the stage before...he really just gave Wade the green light and the lime light to get the FMVP

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
The revisionist history by his stans in this thread is lololol:oldlol:

There is no revisionist history :confusedshrug:

Wade played better, everyone knows it... Just that had the Heat won, it would be due to LeBron playing somewhat up to standarts, hence he'd get FMVP.

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 11:03 AM
But if Durant and Bron play to a standstill and Wade dominates his match up:confusedshrug:

Wade is dominating his match-up now and Lebron is playing his standard...and it's clearly Lebron as the MVP so far for the Heat

Jailblazers7
05-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Doesn't seem to have hurt Magic's when Kareem and James Worthy won Finals MVPs over him. :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 11:04 AM

Dominating would be him filling up the stat sheet or dropping 30+ ppg. How likely do you see that happening for Wade? There is a reason why this board gets excited now when he has good game, or less likely a good series. He disappears at times (2011 ECF, 2013 ECF, etc.)

TheMan
05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Exactly. If Miami were to have beaten Dallas that year, LeBron would have been the the Finals MVP. Problem is Miami can't win titles with him struggling like they can with Wade or Bosh struggling
Did you watch the 2013 Finals:oldlol: Bron basically was meh until late gm 6 and his one monster gm 7. Wade had a couple of games where had he not been great, Heat don't get to gm 6 even.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 11:05 AM
There is no revisionist history :confusedshrug:

Wade played better, everyone knows it... Just that had the Heat won, it would be due to LeBron playing somewhat up to standarts, hence he'd get FMVP.

Thread.

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Doesn't seem to have hurt Magic's when Kareem and James Worthy won Finals MVPs over him. :confusedshrug:

it's questioned now because they're relevant and these accolades are still fresh...in 10yrs time when both are retired and we have a look-back, it'll be the same as Kareem and Worthy over Magic if Wade did win the FMVP over Lebron this year

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Did you watch the 2013 Finals:oldlol: Bron basically was meh until late gm 6 and his one monster gm 7. Wade had a couple of games where had he not been great, Heat don't get to gm 6 even.

Finals MVP.

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 11:10 AM

Where's the reverse...Wade stunk it up in game 2, mediocre in game 1's loss with Lebron. Game 3 is the same as game 1, game 4 they both go off (Wade leads them this game), game 5 is pretty parallel between the two. Game 6 Lebron goes HAM as well as Game 7.

in the end, it's a team game...they all expect one another to pick up the slack of each other. Lebron is expected to do more tho...unfortunate, but he's a true workhorse

red1
05-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Not pinning his choke on anything. As for Wade being the man on a title team, of course. But they weren't playing the 06 Mavericks with tons of ref aided help. Wade wanted to be the man in 2011, and they didn't win the title. They stick to their game plan the first 3 rounds, and probably win it all. For whatever reason Wade wanted to change the plan up in the Finals. I don't blame him for the loss. Not pinning it on him. But if he was as good as you guys say he was, Miami would have won the title.
Dallas was shooting lights out. Jason terry had the series of his life. All of their bench players played their role to absolute perfection. Dirk had an amazing series. When he struggled his teammates stepped up and provided relief. Heat had several washed up players logging minutes.

All this yet the series was as close as could be. Where else would the blame fall other than on the player who was responsible for the largest ppg dropoff in the history of the league. Fortunately legacies arent built off one series and hats off to bron for recovering like a boss but please dont insult our intelligence.

TheMan
05-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Dallas was shooting lights out. Jason terry had the series of his life. All of their bench players played their role to absolute perfection. Dirk had an amazing series. When he struggled his teammates stepped up and provided relief. Heat had several washed up players logging minutes.

All this yet the series was as close as could be. Where else would the blame fall other than on the player who was responsible for the largest ppg dropoff in the history of the league. Fortunately legacies arent built off one series and hats off to bron for recovering like a boss but please dont insult our intelligence.
:applause:

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Dirk had one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen...he was a complete threat from beginning to end. pretty impeccable to say the least. and yes, the Mavs couldn't miss and made use of the advantage Lebron gave them.

blame definitely falls on Lebron...we don't know if there was any agreement to let Wade shine and get FMVP (I think so, it would explain everything really) while Lebron waited his turn from 2011-2012 onwards :confusedshrug:

Mr Feeny
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Don't waste your time educsting fanboys. They have nothing to say; their lips are lodged firmly on Lebron's d! ck especially these two (silk and arbitrary water):oldlol:

Magic 32
05-28-2014, 11:27 AM
The end of game 5 (2011) was one of the most pathetic performances of all time.

Wade was out, and all Lebron needed was to make one or two baskets.

Trying to blame Wade is just.........unreal.

riseagainst
05-28-2014, 11:39 AM

dat logic.

:oldlol:
:roll:

Rose'sACL
05-28-2014, 11:40 AM

Seems like everyone but the Bran stans know Bran cost the Heat a title that year
lebron choked but if he had 25/7/7 then he would have had the best stats on either team and won FMVP.

Ne 1
05-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Well so far he's putting up 29/7/5 in the playoffs. Although the East may be historically weak, that can't be ignored. Assuming the Heat win and Wade does win MVP of the Finals, that means he was most likely the best player throughout 4-7 games, which isn't enough for me to say that's a negative for LeBron's legacy or for me to disregard his 2014 championship. It all depends on how he performs, if he plays well and the Heat win, that's a positive for his legacy in my view, regardless of who wins MVP of the Finals, an award I generally consider to be pretty useless. (Playoff MVP would be better IMO, like they have in the NHL)

Why is Finals MVP so important anyway? It didn't even exist until 1969, had it, Bill Russell would have more than anyone. As I mentioned, it's an award based on 4-7 games and plenty of non-elite players have won it. KG was the best player on the '08 Celtics, their defensive anchor and was the best player in the playoffs and arguably the Finals too, even though he did not win the FMVP.

Kareem was flat out robbed of the 1980 FMVP in favor of a popular, charismatic teammate because CBS pressured the voters to change their votes and we are to act as if the award is legit? Players like Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, Cedric Maxell, Joe Dumars, and Chauncey Billups all have FMVP's. Even John Starks came literally within one shot of winning a FMVP. So why use Finals MVPs as some arbitrary qualifier for if a players ring counts or not?

sdot_thadon
05-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Absolutely correct. However, I feel like 2011 had to happen for the heat to be where they are today. They needed a pecking order. For Lebron it was perhaps the lowest point of his career, but it made him go back to the lab and come back better. Made spo realize what he needed to do as well. You're a fellow Jordan fan, think about how important the loss coming back was for Mj to fuel the 2nd 3peat. Well 2011 was just as integral to Lebron's 2peat/possible 3peat. A necessary evil.

Oh and wade winning finals mvps really wont mean much except to the people who need reasons to drag James down now.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2014, 11:44 AM
dat logic.

:oldlol:
:roll:
he is doing to you what idiots like you do in any thread which is created by a kobe hater. i used to hope that silk gets banned but now i think that all the lakers fans deserve all the heat "fans" who troll you guys.
lakers "fans" are already as bad as Heat "fans". i was not here when lakers were winning rings, i bet you guys were way worse than these heat trolls.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2014, 12:02 PM
lebron choked but if he had 25/7/7 then he would have had the best stats on either team and won FMVP.

all that needs to be said.

GrapeApe
05-28-2014, 12:44 PM
The championship is more important than FMVP. If Wade wins FMVP it means LeBron has his third ring. All that matters is that the FMVP winner is wearing a Heat jersey.

Solefade
05-28-2014, 12:48 PM
17ppg?

lebron's been winning titles with wade averaging 17ppg :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Solefade
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
The championship is more important than FMVP. If Wade wins FMVP it means LeBron has his third ring. All that matters is that the FMVP winner is wearing a Heat jersey.

we don't like politically correct answers on ISH

RoundMoundOfReb
05-28-2014, 12:52 PM
How is this a strong possibility? LeBron has clearly been their best player in every series thus far.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 01:31 PM
If Wade doesn't play awful in the clutch, they win. If Bibby doesn't have on of the worst shooting series ever they probably win. etc. End of the day, Wade wanted to be the man, and they didn't win it.
What the **** are you smoking, dude? :facepalm

Dwyane Wade in the 4th Q in the 2011 Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/jZitSd0.png

LeBron James in the 4th Q in the 2011 Playoffs:

http://i.imgur.com/Wqryigg.png

r15mohd
05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
What the **** are you smoking, dude? :facepalm

Dwyane Wade in the 4th Q in the 2011 Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/jZitSd0.png

LeBron James in the 4th Q in the 2011 Playoffs:

http://i.imgur.com/Wqryigg.png

outside of Lebron being absent the whole series...Wade also was absent during the end of game 2 and 4 for those marginal losses, especially game 2 where he missed his final three shots, 2 being in "clutch time"

Lebron still takes blame tho, there's no refuting that, but let's not make believe Miami didn't have viable chances to win regardless of James no-show.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 01:55 PM
outside of Lebron being absent the whole series...Wade also was absent during the end of game 2 and 4 for those marginal losses, especially game 2 where he missed his final three shots, 2 being in "clutch time"

Lebron still takes blame tho, there's no refuting that, but let's not make believe Miami didn't have viable chances to win regardless of James no-show.
Chris Bosh shot like shit. He had a sub 50% TS%. Bibby was garbage as well.