PDA

View Full Version : Pacers vs. Heat rivalry is over.

Connor B
05-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Heat will win tonight, and I think it will represent not only the end of the series, but the end of the rivalry in general. No way Bird will keep the team the way it is. Hibbert's entire legitimacy has been called into question, David West is getting old, George Hill has never been good, Paul George no longer seems like an all-star, and Lance Stephenson will want a bigger contract somewhere else.

Thoughts? It wasn't that fun while it lasted.

Trollsmasher
05-28-2014, 02:25 PM
it has never existed in the first place

BigBoss
05-28-2014, 02:30 PM
I hate the cHeat but there is no rivalry. The other team needs to win first. The Pacers are "rivals" be default because their the only decent team in a historically weak Leastern conference

UK2K
05-28-2014, 02:39 PM
What rivalry?

DuMa
05-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Pacers boyband era couldnt compete with the Heatles.

Haymaker
05-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Yup, Bird should concede defeat and trade Hibbert for Chandler or Asik. Trade away George Hill, let Lance go and keep PG and West and tank the season.

Dro
05-28-2014, 02:51 PM
it has never existed in the first place
Did you see how much Lebron and Bosh were celebrating? Did you see how hype Lebron was last game when he scored? Did you see how much trash talk Bosh was doing? This is what Indiana does, not Miami...Id say they care a great deal about not only getting back to the Finals but also about beating Indiana. The fact that people try to downplay it is what makes me dislike Miami and some of their fans.....But at least it makes the playoff series fun..:confusedshrug:

Dro
05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
I hate the cHeat but there is no rivalry. The other team needs to win first. The Pacers are "rivals" be default because their the only decent team in a historically weak Leastern conference
Well by this definition, its not a rivalry.....

Nikola_
05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
One decent team in the East = rivalry

KendrickPerkins
05-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Inb4 Pacers win 3 straight.

Kingwillball
05-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Did you see how much Lebron and Bosh were celebrating? Did you see how hype Lebron was last game when he scored? Did you see how much trash talk Bosh was doing? This is what Indiana does, not Miami...Id say they care a great deal about not only getting back to the Finals but also about beating Indiana. The fact that people try to downplay it is what makes me dislike Miami and some of their fans.....But at least it makes the playoff series fun..:confusedshrug:

They just want to shut those upstart punks up..

The_Night_Elf
05-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Yup, Bird should concede defeat and trade Hibbert for Chandler or Asik. Trade away George Hill, let Lance go and keep PG and West and tank the season.

Not sure that would be much of a tank job with Asik/Chandler, pg and west.

Haymaker
05-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Not sure that would be much of a tank job with Asik/Chandler, pg and west.

Hibbert plays like an elite C during the regular season, and the team would be nowhere without Lance. Get Turner in the starting lineup with the changes I said and it's a guaranteed tank season.

Kiddlovesnets
05-28-2014, 02:57 PM
The Heat's victories in conference semi-finals and finals follow exactly the same pattern as 2011, which indicates that they will lose in NBA finals 2-4.
:rockon:

J Shuttlesworth
05-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but it's not a rivalry in sports unless both teams have beat each other.

Threethrows
05-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Indiana hasn't done anything to be considered a rival, more like a large bump on the road. They've been in contention but you have to actually do something back to be a rival.

Dro
05-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Indiana hasn't done anything to be considered a rival, more like a large bump on the road. They've been in contention but you have to actually do something back to be a rival.
Kings-Lakers was a rivalry...Its still talked about today. Patriots vs. Colts was a rivalry even before the Colts finally won.....Heat/Knicks was a rivalry...I guess I view it different....If 2 teams are playing over and over, so much so that they develop a natural dislike for each other, and the games are highly competitive? Id say that qualifies as a rival. Its obvious the Heat and Pacers don't like each other, its not just a normal playoff series....Or that has to be something right below a rival that would qualify. And I don't mean the Pacers are a rival as in they're on the same ground as the Heat because they are not. The Pacers haven't won anything...But they have pushed the Heat in every series, and this year it remains to be seen....If they beat the Pacers in 5 then I could agree with most of you.........Stay tuned....

hawksdogsbraves
05-28-2014, 03:31 PM
It was like a grown up version of the old Wizards/Cavs rivalry. Yeah it was chippy and fun, but in the end LeBron won every time and it never really meant a whole lot.

mark henson 123
05-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Inb4 Pacers win 3 straight.

the paces will lose tonight
are you on:coleman: crack>
or just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark henson 123
05-28-2014, 05:37 PM
The Heat's victories in conference semi-finals and finals follow exactly the same pattern as 2011, which indicates that they will lose in NBA finals 2-4.

I bet they beat the thunder in six troll!:coleman:

Hey Yo
05-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but it's not a rivalry in sports unless both teams have beat each other.
Some teams enjoy beating certain teams more than others. Indiana is one of them for Miami.

They showed Miami huddle inside the tunnel before game 1. James could heard saying "they don't like us, we don't like them"

I'd say it's a small rivalry.

TheMan
05-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Wrong, before the Lakers beat the Russell Celtics, it was considered a rivalry, before Chicago beat Detroit, rivalry, us Bulls fans considered the NY Knicks rivals in the early 90s :confusedshrug:

Even in other sports, NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox were considered rivals well before 2004 Boston won their first WS since the early 1900's while NY was racking up titles.

NASH = BEST
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Heat will win tonight, and I think it will represent not only the end of the series, but the end of the rivalry in general. No way Bird will keep the team the way it is. Hibbert's entire legitimacy has been called into question, David West is getting old, George Hill has never been good, Paul George no longer seems like an all-star, and Lance Stephenson will want a bigger contract somewhere else.

Thoughts? It wasn't that fun while it lasted.

Yeah, the Pacers are weak sauce and I'm really disappointed that this didn't turn into a true rivalry.

This team likely gets broken up, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat end up with one of the Pacers good players. :(

KirbyPls
05-28-2014, 06:41 PM

Intradasting, the Spurs victories in the conference finals follow the exact same pattern as 2012, which indicates they will lose the Western Conference Finals 2-4.

LakersFan626
05-28-2014, 06:46 PM

So, Lakers/Kings wasn't a rivalry then? Or Lakers/Blazers? Or Heat/Celtics? Those were all really heated and/or series that took place multiple years, but one team won every series between them... that doesn't make it any less of a rivalry. Face it, Heat/Pacers IS a rivalry.

DaSeba5
05-28-2014, 07:10 PM
It's only a rivalry if the other team wins. Indiana is just a team in Miami's way. If Miami wins this series (which they should), that's 3 straight series wins over them.

diamenz
05-28-2014, 07:16 PM
i think they'll take game 5, and then lose bad again in game 6. jeez... besides the heat, the east is embarrassingly weak.

TheMan
05-29-2014, 11:28 AM
It's only a rivalry if the other team wins. Indiana is just a team in Miami's way. If Miami wins this series (which they should), that's 3 straight series wins over them.
That's funny because the late 80s /90s Pistons/Bulls were considered a fierce rivalry before the Bulls finally swept them in their fourth meeting between the two. So for three straight years it wasn't a rivalry until the Bulls beat them? :oldlol: We probably just have a different opinion on what rivalry means. We considered the Knicks rivals way before they knocked us out in 94:confusedshrug: Also the Price/Daugherty Cavs, Zo Heat and Miller Pacers even though they never beat the MJ Bulls.

kamil
05-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Heat will win tonight.

Good call. :no: