PDA

View Full Version : Here we go with ESPN bashing the refs, crying about the officials...

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:26 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

These dudes turned a deaf ear to the officiating in the 2012 playoffs and now they have the audacity to whine about officiating?

The Heat just got 2x as many FT's as the Pacers the game before and ESPN said it was all justified. Just stop ESPN. Bunch of sore losers.

And no, this "disrespect" for LeFlop is not something that has never been seen for a star before. Durant got in foul trouble 3 straight games in the FINALS on ticky tacky bullshit and yall stayed silent because it meant you got to suck LeFlop off at record levels....

ESPN is a joke. LeBron shot 2-10 because the refs? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

navy
05-28-2014, 11:27 PM
It's funny how you have a meltdown after a Heat win and a Heat loss. :oldlol: \

Calm down.

DaSeba5
05-28-2014, 11:28 PM
The Heat lost and you are still whining about them? Pathetic.

pmj
05-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Yes Bil Simmons is a well known Lebron Stan retard.

FLDFSU

Calm down.

:roll: Guy is completely off his meds.

russwest0
The Heat lost and you are still whining about them? Pathetic.

Where did I once whine about the Heat?

I'm talking about ESPN bro. I know your team just lost but put down the crackpipe.

Heavincent
It's no secret that ESPN has a massive boner for the Heat.

Rose'sACL
05-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Where did I once whine about the Heat?

I'm talking about ESPN bro. I know your team just lost but put down the crackpipe.
the same ESPN who kept running KD's MVP speech?

Cocaine80s
05-28-2014, 11:30 PM

Calm down.
dude is legit insane. He talks about Lebron more than his team.

#number6ix#
05-28-2014, 11:31 PM
You do it after every game... So what's the problem

BasedTom
05-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Yeah I agree, it was a travesty how ESPN turned a blind eye to the pro-OKC officiating in the 2012 WCF.

Seriously, why hasn't this clown been banned yet?

funnystuff
05-28-2014, 11:33 PM

Calm down.
lololol this.

Ancient Legend
ESPN is a joke. LeBron shot 2-10 because the refs? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

It's hard to be in rhythm when you only play in 2 min stretches.

But that doesn't excuse LeBron passing that last shot.

edrick
Yeah I agree, it was a travesty how ESPN turned a blind eye to the pro-OKC officiating in the 2012 WCF.

Jeff likes clowns like russ on here.

SHAQisGOAT
05-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Why even watch that garbage though? Can't really change it, that's just what those hype-jocks do, turn that shit off.

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:34 PM

Then whats the problem, thats literally all I'm saying. It should have been a Celtics/Spurs finals yet ESPN stayed silent on the officiating. All of a sudden LeBron gets fouls called on him like he should and it's a travesty of justice :roll:

navy
05-28-2014, 11:35 PM
The only one getting exposed is you. :oldlol:

russwest0
It's no secret that ESPN has a massive boner for the Heat.

The "story" of this game is LeBrons foul trouble now :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Definitely not Paul George going 8-10 in the 4th while LeBron was in for most of the 4th and didn't do dick :oldlol:

they won't even mention LeBrons stats now, yet if he has a good game they dig up so much irrelevant bullshit to try to compare him to Jordan :oldlol:

glad these clowns at ESPN are getting exposed.

Rose'sACL
It's hard to be in rhythm when you only play in 2 min stretches.

But that doesn't excuse LeBron passing that last shot.
why would he go to the basket when he knows that fouls were not called in his favor?

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:37 PM
why would he go to the basket when he knows that fouls were not called in his favor?

So he can't score without getting babied by the refs?

Durant wasn't getting shit called in his favor in the 2012 Finals and still scored 32PPG on 65% TS

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Michael Wilbon - "We never ever ever see LeBron score single digits in a playoff game."

Bruh, did you miss the 2011 Finals?

Ancient Legend
05-28-2014, 11:38 PM

He could have made the shot without needing a foul.

DaSeba5
05-28-2014, 11:40 PM
The "story" of this game is LeBrons foul trouble now :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Definitely not Paul George going 8-10 in the 4th while LeBron was in for most of the 4th and didn't do dick :oldlol:

they won't even mention LeBrons stats now, yet if he has a good game they dig up so much irrelevant bullshit to try to compare him to Jordan :oldlol:

glad these clowns at ESPN are getting exposed.

You don't think LeBron getting in foul trouble didn't affect the game? I understand your point, but it's the biggest story of the game.

livinglegend
05-28-2014, 11:41 PM
They are allowed to express their opinion. They are in there to do that. What s the problem?
Tonight, they felt that refs helped Pacers and in 2012, they felt that refs officiated well. If you dont agree with their views, change the channel. Crying about it wont change anything.

Brujesino
05-28-2014, 11:42 PM
As soon as the game was over ESPN starting crying about the refs disrespecting lebron.

livinglegend
05-28-2014, 11:43 PM
As soon as the game was over ESPN starting crying about the refs disrespecting lebron.

i watched the show and nobody was crying. Are you sure that you watched the right show?

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:45 PM

it was crazy, they jumped right into it and thats all they've been talking about now. Paul George just had the best playoff game of his career and no one who missed the game is going to even know because of this whiny bullshit BSPN network :facepalm

Droid101
05-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Michael Wilbon - "We never ever ever see LeBron score single digits in a playoff game."

Bruh, did you miss the 2011 Finals?
Shameful.

aj1987
05-28-2014, 11:48 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10059322&postcount=19

You gonna post in that thread, bitch?

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: 2012, like I said
:oldlol:

Go back and rewatch the series. LeBron scored primarily in the paint, while KD was lighting it up from midrange and the 3.

Honest question, dude. Why do you always make shit up? You know that it's damn easy to verify stuff, right?

EDIT:

LeBron against the Thunder in the Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/ueG7vIC.png

KD against the Heat in the Finals:

http://i.imgur.com/Uio52Pe.png

KD took more shots from the 3 than at the rim. Twice as many 3's as LeBron.

Keno
05-28-2014, 11:49 PM

Calm down.

lol. this dude is confused on who to root for. apparently he's a pacers fans now.

Relinquish
05-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Yes Bil Simmons is a well known Lebron Stan retard.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Keno

Go back and rewatch the series. LeBron scored primarily in the paint, while KD was lighting it up from midrange and the 3.

Honest question, dude. Why do you always make shit up? You know that it's damn easy to verify stuff, right?

EDIT:

:roll:

livinglegend

EDIT:

oh god! you just owned him big time!:applause: :applause:

edrick
Hey russ, you seem to like complaining about lopsided games when it comes to FTAs. Why didn't you make a thread about the Heat having 14 less FTAs? I wonder why that is... hmmm.

russwest0
05-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Hey russ, you seem to like complaining about lopsided games when it comes to FTAs. Why didn't you make a thread about the Heat having 14 less FTAs? I wonder why that is... hmmm.

Did you watch them play?

Lewis and Bosh jacked up 3s, Allen jacked up 3s, hell even Wade jacked up a few 3s tonight and that dude sucks dick at shooting 3s.

The Pacers are bigger than Miami and play in the paint and you're surprised that they got more FT's? :facepalm

The most "rigged" game of this series was last game and nearly every Pacers player called out the refs for it. Granted two refs who officiated that game have officiated the Heat to ridiculously high records in their career and will probably return for a game 6 or 7 and seal the deal for Miami...

edrick
05-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Did you watch them play?

Lewis and Bosh jacked up 3s, Allen jacked up 3s, hell even Wade jacked up a few 3s tonight and that dude sucks dick at shooting 3s.

The Pacers are bigger than Miami and play in the paint and you're surprised that they got more FT's? :facepalm

The most "rigged" game of this series was last game and nearly every Pacers player called out the refs for it. Granted two refs who officiated that game have officiated the Heat to ridiculously high records in their career and will probably return for a game 6 or 7 and seal the deal for Miami...

lol, So this game can be explained away, but the games where Miami take more can't, right? :rolleyes:

Do you even realize how dumb you sound?

russwest0
05-29-2014, 12:01 AM
lol, So this game can be explained away, but the games where Miami take more can't, right? :rolleyes:

Do you even realize how dumb you sound?

so when Dan Crawford and James Capers officiate the Heat and they get more FT's it's fair, but when the Pacers get more FT's than the Heat with less biased officials it's rigged?

:lol :lol :lol

just take the L bro.

aj1987
05-29-2014, 12:03 AM
so when Dan Crawford and James Capers officiate the Heat and they get more FT's it's fair, but when the Pacers get more FT's than the Heat with less biased officials it's rigged?

just take the L bro.
Still waiting. I'm sorry, but are the pictures confusing your hick brain? I'll try to find some simpler ones.

edrick
05-29-2014, 12:05 AM

just take the L bro.

Like you do after a Heat victory? Make 5 threads about how awful officiating is, and how Lebron is bailed out...

LongLiveTheKing
05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
The only way the Thunder got to the finals was because of the rigged WCF anyways

russwest0
05-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Still waiting. I'm sorry, but are the pictures confusing your hick brain? I'll try to find some simpler ones.

holy shit, is this legit? Did he actually shoot THAT bad from jumpers in THE FINALS? Lmao, what is that, like 10-20%? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dude hit like 6 jumpshots in that whole entire series according to this chart :roll:

russwest0
05-29-2014, 12:09 AM
lmao, is anyone else watching ESPN's recap?

This shit is pure comedy

aj1987
05-29-2014, 12:10 AM
holy shit, is this legit? Did he actually shoot THAT bad from jumpers in THE FINALS? Lmao, what is that, like 10-20%? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dude hit like 6 jumpshots in that whole entire series according to this chart :roll:
Still raped hick town. What did KD win by hitting all those jumpers?

Rose'sACL
05-29-2014, 12:14 AM

if you actually watched that season instead of hopping on Durant bandwagon after kobe got injured, you'd know that lebron made a deliberate attempt in 2011-12 to play close to the basket and in the post.
It is pretty pathetic that you can't reply to his main points about lebron scoring in the paint more and deserving more FTs. You have deflect it like a woman so that you can feel like you won the argument.

SwishSquared
05-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Did you watch them play?

To be clear, only Paul George and David West complained. Scola didn't complain about the refs and took the L with some dignity, so it wasn't a totally unified locker room on that stance.

To not think that LBJ's foul trouble didn't greatly impact the game (due to his extreme importance to the playoff success of his team) is close-minded. You've made the argument that in games where KD was in foul trouble, bad foul calls cost the Thunder games. It doesn't work both ways?

I've realized that in the third consecutive ECF, refs have put LBJ in foul trouble for purposes of extending the series. Game 4 vs. Boston in 2012 (fouled out), Game 4 vs. Pacers in 2013 (fouled out), and Game 5 vs. Pacers in 2014. In first two scenarios, Heat had good shot of being up 3-1 and both series basically would have been over, so LBJ fouling out greatly impacted game (Heat lost both games). Just noting that superstar wings (especially those deemed as best player alive) do not often foul out or pick up that many fouls in key playoff games.

Tonight Heat could have advanced and instead the series got extended. After a relatively underwhelming second-round, I don't think a 5 game conference finals would have been ideal for the NBA. Not saying the fix was in, but with George and West posturing after last game for calls, seeing LBJ get 2-3 ticky tack fouls is a bit odd.

The inconsistent officiating in these playoffs has been disappointing. Not saying a team should always expect to get all the calls, but how many times has this forum erupted with complaints after every game? There are some very reasonable fans too, not just trolls, that are complaining. The commentators have even been baffled at some of the calls. I realize making the right decision in real-time is extremely difficult, but some things have been a bit ridiculous...

Adam Silver
05-29-2014, 04:21 AM
I should have talked to ESPN before the game so there is no confusion.

East_Stone_Ya
05-29-2014, 05:13 AM
I should have talked to ESPN before the game so there is no confusion.

cltcfn2924
05-29-2014, 05:45 AM
To be clear, only Paul George and David West complained. Scola didn't complain about the refs and took the L with some dignity, so it wasn't a totally unified locker room on that stance.

To not think that LBJ's foul trouble didn't greatly impact the game (due to his extreme importance to the playoff success of his team) is close-minded. You've made the argument that in games where KD was in foul trouble, bad foul calls cost the Thunder games. It doesn't work both ways?

I've realized that in the third consecutive ECF, refs have put LBJ in foul trouble for purposes of extending the series. Game 4 vs. Boston in 2012 (fouled out), Game 4 vs. Pacers in 2013 (fouled out), and Game 5 vs. Pacers in 2014. In first two scenarios, Heat had good shot of being up 3-1 and both series basically would have been over, so LBJ fouling out greatly impacted game (Heat lost both games). Just noting that superstar wings (especially those deemed as best player alive) do not often foul out or pick up that many fouls in key playoff games.

Tonight Heat could have advanced and instead the series got extended. After a relatively underwhelming second-round, I don't think a 5 game conference finals would have been ideal for the NBA. Not saying the fix was in, but with George and West posturing after last game for calls, seeing LBJ get 2-3 ticky tack fouls is a bit odd.

The inconsistent officiating in these playoffs has been disappointing. Not saying a team should always expect to get all the calls, but how many times has this forum erupted with complaints after every game? There are some very reasonable fans too, not just trolls, that are complaining. The commentators have even been baffled at some of the calls. I realize making the right decision in real-time is extremely difficult, but some things have been a bit ridiculous...

For what it's worth- Miami losses = no Brothers, Capers or Dan Crawford. Crawford and Capers worked game 4, Brothers worked game 3, Crawford worked game 2. Game 1 and last night none of them worked. Just checking out another poster in this thread. Someone could easily point to who refs as you pointed to your theory that Lebron foul trouble = league? It seems you're saying the game is rigged? I don't see the difference. Is it not the league if Miami is assigned one or two of the three stooges? They are quite notorious for being pro Miami

cltcfn2924
05-29-2014, 07:31 AM

He also had Hibbert waiting for him.

SwishSquared
05-29-2014, 12:21 PM
For what it's worth- Miami losses = no Brothers, Capers or Dan Crawford. Crawford and Capers worked game 4, Brothers worked game 3, Crawford worked game 2. Game 1 and last night none of them worked. Just checking out another poster in this thread. Someone could easily point to who refs as you pointed to your theory that Lebron foul trouble = league? It seems you're saying the game is rigged? I don't see the difference. Is it not the league if Miami is assigned one or two of the three stooges? They are quite notorious for being pro Miami
I think I need clarification for your post. Are you arguing that you felt the game had (or did not have) uneven officiating or are you making a more general point that the league takes care of Miami by having at least one of those officials work several Miami games? I don't disbelieve that certain refs typically favor certain teams/players. There was a thread a couple weeks ago that OKC won 11or 12 straight playoff games in which Brothers reffed. I think Ed Malloy worked last night and he also was a ref in one of the Clippers series in a game in which CP3 picked up ticky-tack fouls and mostly because of that, had minimal impact on the game (believe the Clippers lost).

I insinuated, without claiming with certainty, that the league likely did not want a match-up that was a year in the making to end in just 5 games, especially after the second round was not considered that exciting (compared to the first round).

Assigning certain officials to games can certainly be a sign of potential league influence. I just think it's a little odd that in games where Miami could take a commanding lead (past 2 seasons) or eliminate a team (last night) in the ECF, LBJ ends up with unexpected and/or timely foul trouble. Just more of an observation on my part that could very well be a league-enforced trend (if you want to believe the NBA is rigged, etc).