PDA

View Full Version : Would Prime Michael Jordan get thrown off of his game by Lance Stephenson?

russwest0
05-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Title.

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Lebron would

Collie
05-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Prime John Starks >

livinglegend
05-30-2014, 12:14 AM
yes

SHAQisGOAT
05-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Dudes like Jordan or Bird played better when confronted with high physicality and trash-talking :lol So, no, no way.

The_Pharcyde
05-30-2014, 12:17 AM
If you know anything about Michael Jordan you know the answer to this.

played0ut
05-30-2014, 12:17 AM
lmao hell ****ing no.

There are a handful who i'd bet my left nut would not get thrown off their game.

-MJ
-Bird
-Kobe
-GP
-Miller

Anyway, a lot of players had a rule where they do NOT TALK TO MJ because if they did, he'd embarrass them.

played0ut
05-30-2014, 12:20 AM
There are subjective things up to debate (GOAT list, impact on court, etc etc) but shit talking MJ till his game is thrown off is one of those absolute no's.

Like a fundamental rule in the universe, like gravity.

Unless you mean piss him off till he attacks you and gets T'd up/thrown out. Cuz Reggie did it. :oldlol:

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 12:21 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/sthk.gif

chris02jammers
05-30-2014, 12:21 AM
OP is a fcuking Moron, no way Lance affected LeBron's game... He was in Foul trouble dummy... I bet you don't know how to play basketball... stupid crazy poster

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 12:24 AM
OP is a fcuking Moron, no way Lance affected LeBron's game... He was in Foul trouble dummy... I bet you don't know how to play basketball... stupid crazy poster
:lebroncry:

The_Pharcyde
05-30-2014, 12:26 AM

No one forced lebron to get into foul trouble, if you can't stay on the floor you can't stay on the floor

livinglegend
05-30-2014, 12:27 AM
No one forced lebron to get into foul trouble, if you can't stay on the floor you can't stay on the floor

refs forced him

DuMa
05-30-2014, 12:27 AM
https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/854953600.gif

JT123
05-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Better question is, would prime Michael Jordan get shut down by Chris Paul in the 4th quarter? :lebronamazed:

ABfor3
Considering LeBron almost never gets in foul trouble can be labeled as being "off" of his game.

chris02jammers
refs forced him
agreed... :cheers:

What the hell 5 fouls in 13 minutes that's absurd for a Small Forward

Milbuck
http://i.imgur.com/jLeFhyv.gif

This isn't just my reaction to the question. It's also to point out just how ****ing mean MJ looked. Dude was intimidating in his later years.

Angel Face
05-30-2014, 12:29 AM
What would Lance do? Trash talk MJ? :oldlol:

MJ is one of the most ruthless trash talkers on the court. It would be the other way around. Lance's knees would buckle.

The_Pharcyde
05-30-2014, 12:29 AM
refs forced him

The irony of a lebron fan complaining about not getting calls is one of the top 10 things on this earth

zoom17
05-30-2014, 12:30 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/HLIC/c2ba0b98798ee00a4c20357f613da695.gif

LongLiveTheKing
05-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Lebron up 3-2
KD down 2-3
Someone is salty

zoom17
05-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Lebron up 3-2
KD down 2-3
Someone is salty

:hammertime:

JT123
05-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Considering LeBron almost never gets in foul trouble can be labeled as being "off" of his game.
Somebody clearly didn't watch the game. One of those fouls might have been legit. The rest were imaginary.

livinglegend
05-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Lebron up 3-2
KD down 2-3
Someone is salty

it s really sad the losers like OP has to create a Lebron hate thread to feel better after a OKC loss. :oldlol:
It really shows that Heat fans are in his head.

kamil
05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Lebron would

Did. 7 points.

JT123
05-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Lebron up 3-2
KD down 2-3
Someone is salty
Let him troll. He knows his team is about to be eliminated from the playoffs, and if trolling Lebron fans helps him avoid committing suicide, then I say troll away young russ. :applause:

poido123
05-30-2014, 12:35 AM

:oldlol:

sportjames23
05-30-2014, 12:36 AM
yes

You are a dumbass? I agree.

sportjames23
05-30-2014, 12:38 AM
There are subjective things up to debate (GOAT list, impact on court, etc etc) but shit talking MJ till his game is thrown off is one of those absolute no's.

Like a fundamental rule in the universe, like gravity.

Unless you mean piss him off till he attacks you and gets T'd up/thrown out. Cuz Reggie did it. :oldlol:

Actually, Reggie was the one who got thrown out of that game, while MJ lit the Pacers up and lead the Bulls to the win. Pacers fans were mad as fvck when that happened. :oldlol:

LeBird
The refs wouldn't have given bullshit calls against Jordan in the first place.

JT123
it s really sad the losers like OP has to create a Lebron hate thread to feel better after a OKC loss. :oldlol:
It really shows that Heat fans are in his head.
It just shows the difference in maturity levels between Lebron and Durant fans. To be honest I still feel bad about last night's loss and am a little worried about the series now, but you don't see us Heat fans making troll threads about Durant to cope with our fear. :confusedshrug:

MrC1991
05-30-2014, 12:40 AM

I dunno but this shit made me laugh out loud

JT123
05-30-2014, 12:42 AM
Or Magic, or Kobe, or any other face of the league player for that matter. Lebron must have really pissed off one of those refs, cause I have never seen a player of his caliber get treated like that in any game, let alone a playoff game.
You know it's bad when even Heat haters like Bill Simmons are calling out the refs. :facepalm

played0ut
05-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Actually, Reggie was the one who got thrown out of that game, while MJ lit the Pacers up and lead the Bulls to the win. Pacers fans were mad as fvck when that happened. :oldlol:

yeah i knew that. i think he got fined/punished for it after due to outcry

Also i could've sworn it was reggie that said that trashtalking MJ was a no-no. Yet here there he was, getting pushed in the face by MJ lel

Flash31
05-30-2014, 12:46 AM
As absurd as this q is and it's clearly another
shot at LeBron,Jordan would not get flustered by it.

Jordan DID get bothered by certain mind games and trash talk but from top players ,players the caliber of LS and blowing in ear hell no.

MJ dealt with probably by far the biggest trash talkers and the goat mind games players---Payton,Isiah,Bird,Rodman,Starks,Miller
and sure a lot bothered him but

Stephenson and blowing in someones ear---fck outta here.

A bettet q would be how would Stephenson react and deal with the ultimate mind game player---Rodman?

Just imagine him trying to outplay DR in mind games--
or him trying to do it to Artest,Payton,Isiah,Miller

Collie
05-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Payton was the only one I ever saw who even kinda affected MJ, and he was arguably the GOAT guard defender.

Flash31
05-30-2014, 12:49 AM

Yeah no sht true fact there

The refs would have and did give Jordan bullsht calls to help him not go against him.

atljonesbro
05-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Yep. It's underrated how babied Jordan was in his time.

Milbuck
05-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Payton was the only one I ever saw who even kinda affected MJ, and he was arguably the GOAT guard defender.
He was also arguably the GOAT trash talker. When you put the two together, it becomes pretty clear that it's pretty damn hard to get under MJ's skin. Lance would be on the bench in tears if he tried the bullshit he does with Lebron. Lebron's too nice to do anything about it...but I wish I could see what MJ would do if Lance tried blowing on him :oldlol:

played0ut
05-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Here it is. Reggie talking MJ being the one person you shouldn't really trash talk.

@ 1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJbwHk0aWw

Smook A.
05-30-2014, 12:54 AM
John Starks and Gary Payton are 10x worse than Lance Stephenson

If those 2 guys couldn't get under MJ's skin than NO ONE could. Starks would try to do everything to bother MJ but it just wouldn't work. Michael would come back and just annihilate him.

atljonesbro
05-30-2014, 12:55 AM

If those 2 guys couldn't get under MJ's skin than NO ONE could. Starks would try to do everything to bother MJ but it just wouldn't work. Michael would come back and just annihilate him.
This forum is nostalgic with trash talk too :oldlol:

It seems like a hyperbolic comment but you truly believe it.

LeBird
05-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Here it is. Reggie talking MJ being the one person you shouldn't really trash talk.

@ 1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJbwHk0aWw

I can't be the only person who hates it when Reggie talks from a point of authority, as if he was some superstar. The video is named "Reggie Miller vs. Michael Jordan Rivalry". Reggie wasn't even the nut-hair on Jordan's left bollock.

poido123
05-30-2014, 12:57 AM
He was also arguably the GOAT trash talker. When you put the two together, it becomes pretty clear that it's pretty damn hard to get under MJ's skin. Lance would be on the bench in tears if he tried the bullshit he does with Lebron. Lebron's too nice to do anything about it...but I wish I could see what MJ would do if Lance tried blowing on him :oldlol:

Drop 60 on him, then proceed to hound his ass into submission on defense, while giving him the "take that shot p*ssy' treatment. :oldlol:

Milbuck
05-30-2014, 12:58 AM
This forum is nostalgic with trash talk too :oldlol:

It seems like a hyperbolic comment but you truly believe it.
:rolleyes: You're seriously gonna argue that Lance Stephenson is a better trash talker than Gary Payton?

played0ut
05-30-2014, 12:59 AM

lmao John Starks.

Here Reggie Miller COMPLETELY 'u mad?!' John Starks.

Everyone here has to watch it it's ****ing hilarious. :roll: :roll: :roll:

*edit*

you can start at 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656noCVKWLg

atljonesbro
05-30-2014, 12:59 AM
:rolleyes: You're seriously gonna argue that Lance Stephenson is a better trash talker than Gary Payton?
Maybe not, but saying 10x is pretty funny. This is one of the most nostalgic forums on the web.

DonDadda59
05-30-2014, 01:02 AM
You're asking if the dude who had to go through the Bad Boy Pistons and their Jordan rules and the 90s Knicks would be thrown off his game by a suspect dude whispering sweet nothings in his ear?

Really?

SamuraiSWISH
05-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Drop 60 on him, then proceed to hound his ass into submission on defense, while giving him the "take that shot p*ssy' treatment. :oldlol:
This ... :bowdown:

Then his career would be over, like he did Mugsy when calling him a midget. Or countless others. Counting BACKWARD from whatever point total he randomly decided he wanted to drop on you.

And LMAO @ GP getting the better of MJ. He was missing shots he'd normally make, then the first meeting the next season in Seattle MJ gave GP 45.

:pimp:

poido123
05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
This ... :bowdown:

Then his career would be over, like he did Mugsy when calling him a midget. Or countless others.

And LMAO @ GP getting the better of MJ. He was missing shots he'd normally make, then the first meeting the next season in Seattle MJ gave GP 45.

:pimp:

Payton held his own against MJ. One of very few players that can claim that, maybe the only one. I don't think Jordan or GP had either's number TBH.

Yeah, Jordan had that big game against GP, but GP slow down Jordan more than any other player could.

SamuraiSWISH
05-30-2014, 01:19 AM
Payton held his own against MJ.
Against Jordan who was simply on a cold streak. Not saying he wasn't effective, just calling it as I saw it. MJ missing shots he'd normally make. Regardles of the defender. Then the very next time they faced GP, he dropped 45 on him. With Payton guarding him for a good amount of possessions.

sportjames23
05-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Maybe not, but saying 10x is pretty funny. This is one of the most nostalgic forums on the web.

And you're one of the dumbest new jacks around if you believe someone like Lance could get inside MJ's head.

Just because today's players are mentally weak compared to past players, you feel the need to tear down legends to make you feel good about today's players. The only players of today that aren't weak in the head are Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Allen and Pierce. And what do they have in common? That's right, they started in the 90s.

AintNoSunshine
05-30-2014, 01:27 AM
https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/854953600.gif

The servant gets slapped:lol

sportjames23
05-30-2014, 01:29 AM
yeah i knew that. i think he got fined/punished for it after due to outcry

Also i could've sworn it was reggie that said that trashtalking MJ was a no-no. Yet here there he was, getting pushed in the face by MJ lel

Yeah, Reggie did say he never said shit to MJ after MJ lit him up in the preseason his rookie year (Chuck Person tricked him into talking shit to MJ prior to the game).

Edit: I see you found the video when Reggie said he never talked shit to MJ.

I think in that fight, Reggie accidentally ran into MJ after scoring on him, but then he pushed MJ off of him while MJ was off-balance. That, of course, pissed MJ off and that's when the fight began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GNKgPWRoLg

atljonesbro
05-30-2014, 01:31 AM
And you're one of the dumbest new jacks around if you believe someone like Lance could get inside MJ's head.

Just because today's players are mentally weak compared to past players, you feel the need to tear down legends to make you feel good about today's players. The only players of today that aren't weak in the head are Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Allen and Pierce. And what do they have in common? That's right, they started in the 90s.
You continue to prove you lack of reading comprehension. Just twisting words in your head the way you want to see them :facepalm

Keno
05-30-2014, 01:32 AM
we giving lance credit when it was the refs fault?