PDA

View Full Version : Sterling is declared 'Mentally Incapacitated'

DuMa
05-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Ramona Shelburne
Verified account
@ramonashelburne

Espn has learned that experts had declared Donald Sterling mentally incapacitated, leaving Shelly as sole trustee & power to sell the team

Usually i would call that shady to use that to oust an owner of his team but I care not because Sterling's got no place in the NBA being a racist moron.

gts
05-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Ramona Shelburne
Verified account
@ramonashelburne

Espn has learned that experts had declared Donald Sterling mentally incapacitated, leaving Shelly as sole trustee & power to sell the team

Usually i would call that shady to use that to oust an owner of his team but I care not because Sterling's got no place in the NBA being a racist moron.

His wife used it.. not the league

05-30-2014, 12:53 AM
His interview with Anderson Cooper doesn't disprove it.:lol

tanner892
05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
http://abload.de/img/okcspursjhs92.gif

Trollsmasher
05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
The League exploiting ill people:applause:

Akrazotile
05-30-2014, 01:12 AM
Does anyone know if the league gets a percentage of the sticker price when a team is sold, or if there is just a separate "admission fee" that the new owner pays? Or if they make nothing at all from it?

Knicksfever2010
05-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Ramona Shelburne
Verified account
@ramonashelburne

this whole thing sounds EXTREMELY FISHY. I think Sterling is an idiot, but I think people are taking advantage of him.

Sarcastic
05-30-2014, 01:20 AM
He's doing it so he doesn't have to pay the $500 million in capital gains tax that would come with the sale of the team under his ownership.

Knicksfever2010
05-30-2014, 01:30 AM
He's doing it so he doesn't have to pay the $500 million in capital gains tax that would come with the sale of the team under his ownership.

doesnt someone have to pay the captial gains tax?

BigBoss
05-30-2014, 01:32 AM
So is jameer

Sarcastic
05-30-2014, 01:56 AM
doesnt someone have to pay the captial gains tax?

If ownership is transferred to her, she pays capital gains on sale price ($2b) - current value (~$700m). If he is the seller, he pays capital gains on sale price ($2b) - his purchase price ($12m).

bdreason
05-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Sterling is setting something up, that's for sure.

NumberSix
05-30-2014, 03:12 AM
You people need to make up your minds. 1 minute, he gave his mistress permission to record him because he's a senile old man who can't remember what he says, the next minute he's definitely not senile and "willfully" knew what he was doing.

jaydacris
05-30-2014, 03:15 AM
Jeff/Steve are Mentally Incapacitated, lets oust them!

Akrazotile
05-30-2014, 03:19 AM
Jeff/Steve are Mentally Incapacitated, lets oust them!

He did ask me not to post pictures with any Canadian posters and told me that in Israel theyre treated like 50% jews. :confusedshrug:

BoutPractice
05-30-2014, 04:46 AM
Well, he obviously is. Judging from his interviews, he currently seems to have the mental capacity of a five year old.

East_Stone_Ya
05-30-2014, 05:15 AM
it's not true :no:

bdreason
05-30-2014, 05:24 AM
You're right, SHELLY Sterling is def setting something up.

If Sterling was declared "mentally incapacitated", it was by choice. Don't be so naive.

BoutPractice
05-30-2014, 05:38 AM
This reverence for the rich needs to stop. Most of the superrich are normal human beings. They're not exceptionally intelligent people (often above average but it's not where the real difference lies), just more persistent, ruthless - luckier too. Age messes up with the human brain... combine it with physical complacency, the ability to buy brainpower instead of using it yourself, and a sheltered lifestyle where you only experience the "exclusive" parts of the world ("seeing the world" means traveling first class, staying at the most expensive hotel in the most expensive suite etc.) and your above average easily turns into below average or worse. And I'm not even talking about "soft" skills, which aren't really needed anymore once you're a billionaire... you can treat people any way you like, so why bother?

I don't think a binding decision should be made based on subjective assessments of his mental state... the potential for abuse of power is too great. However, the plain fact is, this version of Donald Sterling would get beaten by many fifth graders on standard intelligence tests.

In any case, something is definitely up behind the headline... I just noticed that people tend to rush to the defense of Sterling based on the belief that his wealth somehow makes him superior to those he's up against.

Knicksfever2010
05-30-2014, 08:42 AM
still very confused how he can be declared mentally incapacitated w/o any kind of legal action etc... Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like his wife and the NBA just hired a bunch of college psych majors to evaluate him.

Doesnt he get a say in the matter? Cant he get his own team of psychologists to evaluate him? Or an injunction?

bagelred
05-30-2014, 08:46 AM
This Mob Mentality to get Sterling away is disturbing on many levels.

"We will not tolerate intolerance!!!"

Here's an article I found which is similar to way I feel:

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Donald-Sterling-and-the-end-of-privacy-5447039.php

bagelred
05-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Well, he obviously is. Judging from his interviews, he currently seems to have the mental capacity of a five year old.

He's mentally incapacitated because he has viewpoints different than you? Or because he stumbles for words a little in an interview? Really?

GimmeThat
05-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to go on record

that there are some really stupid people on this board.