PDA

View Full Version : nba needs to stop shot floppers

toxicxr6
05-30-2014, 04:07 AM
It's incredible...I have never seen this happen so much. Players take a shot and then drop to the floor like someone is running around with an AK47.... Someone's there is only the slightest contact..sometimes none at all..and the refs bail these plays out almost every time... It's so annoying to watch people get rewarded for really soft play... I believe this playoffs has already set the record for the amount of times it's occured throughout a playoffs..I believe the number is around 77 times so far...crazy
Durant and Westbrook are the worst to do this..at least 2-3 times per game and they always get the call...
Its got to the point where you cant even compete with the shot..if you get too close they just fall over

Get onto fixing this..it's embarrassing to watch

Magic 32
05-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Just following the leader.

Thanks to Lebron, the next generation will be even worse.

Siin
05-30-2014, 04:42 AM
Well, the NBA need Dave Cowens type of players back... Or Bill Laimbeers.

East_Stone_Ya
05-30-2014, 05:31 AM
http://clipperblog.com/wp-content/uploads/jamal_crawford_smile.jpg

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 05:43 AM
Just following the leader.

Thanks to Lebron, the next generation will be even worse.
LeBron ain't even that bad, get off his dick.

Smook A.
05-30-2014, 05:45 AM
LeBron ain't even that bad, get off his dick.
Who's the worst?

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Who's the worst?
Crawford, PG or Durant.

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Who's the worst?
wade. its like refs know its part of his style of play so they just say **** it

Smook A.
05-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Crawford, PG or Durant.

wade. its like refs know its part of his style of play so they just say **** it
Those guys and sometimes Stephen Curry too. When he shoots a three, he sometimes wobbles to the side, or just falls to the ground

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Those guys and sometimes Stephen Curry too. When he shoots a three, he sometimes wobbles to the side, or just falls to the ground
Yeah and CP3 on occasion. People saying LeBron are straight up hating.

senelcoolidge
05-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I hate this too. Curry from the Warriors was doing this a lot and the Thunder players. Oh the Heat as well. I hate it. The defensive player has no leeway.

Milbuck
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
When 4 of the best players in the world - Lebron, Durant, CP3, and Blake - are all occasional to frequent floppers, it's gonna be pretty tough to stop it.

J Shuttlesworth
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
When 4 of the best players in the world - Lebron, Durant, CP3, and Blake - are all occasional to frequent floppers, it's gonna be pretty tough to stop it.
This. Also, the fact that the 4 teams left in the playoffs all have at least 2 notorious floppers doesn't bode well :lol

Barton
05-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Commentators on last night's game were talking out this, too, particularly Kerr, I believe after Parker was called for a foul on Westbrook shooting a three.

The troubling part for me is that the league most frequently fines lower-tier guys (like Stephenson) for flops that have little to no-impact during the game, yet it lets slide flops that often result in momentum plays and points swings. It's almost like the fine is for bad acting more than the integrity of the game.

sd3035
05-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Sensei Wade taught his disciple Bran well

Trollsmasher
05-30-2014, 03:19 PM
LeBron actually flops mostly on defense:lol

BBallZen83
05-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Lebron doesn't even flop that often. It's the fact that when he does, it looks stupid as hell.

Nothing looked as bad as Hibbert's flop last game though. Dude looked like he was trying to flap his arms and fly.

imdaman99
05-30-2014, 03:27 PM
It's incredible...I have never seen this happen so much. Players take a shot and then drop to the floor like someone is running around with an AK47.... Someone's there is only the slightest contact..sometimes none at all..and the refs bail these plays out almost every time... It's so annoying to watch people get rewarded for really soft play... I believe this playoffs has already set the record for the amount of times it's occured throughout a playoffs..I believe the number is around 77 times so far...crazy
Durant and Westbrook are the worst to do this..at least 2-3 times per game and they always get the call...
Its got to the point where you cant even compete with the shot..if you get too close they just fall over

Get onto fixing this..it's embarrassing to watch
You're a dumbass because Ginobli invented the flop. But you didn't notice that because you are 13 years old.

BballFan422
05-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Instead of fining the players, they should fine the refs who keep falling for it. It would stop immediately.

Between the floppers and the players who just jump into people and get awarded free throws, it's completely out of hand. And makes the refs look foolish for calling it. You almost have to just get out of the offensive player's way and let him drive to the basket (or shoot) unopposed at this point.

wakencdukest
05-30-2014, 03:37 PM
It's all bullshit, if the ball is out of your hands cleanly, then how the hell is that a foul? These clowns fall down on purpose. It wouldn't surprise me if Durant fell down on every shot he took during a shootaround. Next thing you know he'll be falling down on free throws.

BballFan422
05-30-2014, 03:39 PM
You're a dumbass because Ginobli invented the flop. But you didn't notice that because you are 13 years old.

He didn't invent it. Derrick Fisher and Reggie Miller were flopping before Ginobili even came into the league. The European players did take it to another level however.

Ancient Legend
05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
He didn't invent it. Derrick Fisher and Reggie Miller were flopping before Ginobili even came into the league. The European players did take it to another level however.

Divac popularized the flop before all of them. Everyone hated him for that, he was the only one who constantly did it.

It seems that ever since the flopping fines have been in place, the flopping has increased..

oarabbus
05-30-2014, 04:52 PM
http://clipperblog.com/wp-content/uploads/jamal_crawford_smile.jpg

Crawford is truly pathetic. He's one of the worst at this.

oarabbus
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM

The flop predates Ginobili.............

j3lademaster
05-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Instead of fining the players, they should fine the refs who keep falling for it. It would stop immediately.That's a good idea. Refs would actually care about fines. 5 figure fines for nba players is almost nothing, NBA stars will gladly face these fines to win games. Fine the refs who don't have a stake in this and eventually you will see less and less fouls called.