PDA

View Full Version : What moves can the Pacers make in the Off-season to be contenders?

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Title. Discuss.

Damn I feel sorry for Pacers fans. This game is ridiculous.

D-Rose
05-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I really wonder if Vogel gets the ax...I don't think he should.

Mrofir
05-30-2014, 10:30 PM

Vogel is the primary reason this team isn't .500

DaSeba5
Assuming Miami retools and keeps their big 3, I'm not sure if there's anything they can do. Obviously their key players need to play a lot better and not shit the bed again. There's no excuse for Hibbert and George for a lot of these games where they've played really bad. Without West, they wouldn't have made the ECF.

wakencdukest
Dump Hibberts soft ass, get a real point guard.

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 10:31 PM

I think they keep him. I wanna know what can they do player wise. I don't know everyone's contract numbers or whatnot.

Bernkastel
05-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Blow it up and rebuild. They aren't beating the Heat as long as LeBron is still on his game.

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 10:33 PM
Vogel is the primary reason this team isn't .500

I give him 25% of the pie and the rest goes to the players.

The coach can only do so much. It's up to the players to go out there and execute.

I don't see this group of players winning a ring.

PickernRoller
05-30-2014, 10:35 PM
None. They are trash overall. This team wouldn't survive in the West.

atljonesbro
05-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't think this team will ever recover from this series. If they keep this roster they will be right back in the lottery. They need to blow it up.

sd3035
05-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Dump Hibbert and George

Byobob
05-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Talk to Lebron and tell him they are willing to sacrifice Lance by putting him through a meat grinder to sign Bran.

VIntageNOvel
05-30-2014, 10:38 PM
trade george hill for kahwi

TheMarkMadsen
Stephenson can suck a dck if he wants more than 8 mil a year

trade PG to miami so he can be closer to his slut of a baby momma

keep Hill in Indiana i heard IUPUI needs a point guard

shop Hibbert to Sesame Street and see if Oscar needs a new home

Dro
Obviously they don't know how to win yet........They're best player is still too young, he does not know how to take over the game when he has to...He has not scored back to back 30 point games other than once I believe.....Other than that, you have to hope he either turns into a superstar(possible) or you can trade for one(probably not possible)......Superstars win in this league.....Get 1 or 2 and you've got a real shot......I thought the Pacers had a shot because of defense but great players beat great defense......

And they're weakness which is the pick and roll exposed the defense.....All teams do is run a billion pick and rolls against us now......No iso's, no post ups, just pick and rolls...all game because we can't stop it.....

D-Rose
05-30-2014, 10:41 PM
I highly highly highly doubt they blow it up. Paul George is only 24, and they're banking on putting a solid team around him. Of course they can make trades to add more quality guys. I think they will stick with this core bar trades, if nothing else because they're almost all signed long term.

They need more tough vets in that locker room. They certainly seem like they've hit a wall in the ECF the past two seasons...but PG is still growing as a star.

robert de niro
05-30-2014, 10:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rdJa3wd.jpg

Dro
05-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I highly highly highly doubt they blow it up. Paul George is only 24, and they're banking on putting a solid team around him. Of course they can make trades to add more quality guys. I think they will stick with this core bar trades, if nothing else because they're almost all signed long term.

They need more tough vets in that locker room. They certainly seem like they've hit a wall in the ECF the past two seasons...but PG is still growing as a star.
What do you know, a logical response.......Great deviation from all the jump off the cliff posts.....They couldn't blow the team up if they wanted to...Like you said, there's thing called contracts.......

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Obviously they don't know how to win yet........They're best player is still too young, he does not know how to take over the game when he has to...He has not scored back to back 30 point games other than once I believe.....Other than that, you have to hope he either turns into a superstar(possible) or you can trade for one(probably not possible)......Superstars win in this league.....Get 1 or 2 and you've got a real shot......I thought the Pacers had a shot because of defense but great players beat great defense......

And they're weakness which is the pick and roll exposed the defense.....All teams do is run a billion pick and rolls against us now......No iso's, no post ups, just pick and rolls...all game because we can't stop it.....

I honestly feel like y'all best 2 players are Lance and West atm. PG is way to inconsistent right now. I also think he's hit his ceiling on the offensive end.

You think they gonna keep Lance?

DaSeba5
05-30-2014, 10:50 PM
They just need to play better and learn the mental aspects of basketball. They crumbled as the favorites. I'm not sure if they necessarily have to blow it up. Hibbert and George didn't play up to their standards.

TylerOO
05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Acquire LeBron

Aidz
05-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Trade George Hill and Hibbert for Deron Williams. Hope his ankles still work. Hope Brook Lopez breaks his leg so Nets actually want Hibbert.

Move to the D-League.

gts
05-30-2014, 10:54 PM
The team is obviously close... I think the biggest question they have to ask before they do anything is ask WTF happened? Somewhere they seemed to have lost their way..

Don't want to bag on Vogel because he seems to be a solid coach but this team seems unprepared and or completely out of their element...

Dro
05-30-2014, 10:59 PM
I honestly feel like y'all best 2 players are Lance and West atm. PG is way to inconsistent right now. I also think he's hit his ceiling on the offensive end.

You think they gonna keep Lance?
Yes, I think they will keep Lance...they are damn fools if they don't...I don't give a damn what these haters have to say....Lance is basically 23 years old and is not close to reaching his prime, whatever his prime may be...He has a ton of things he can improve on and people love to talk about how PG improved his game over the last 2 years but refuse to acknowledge how much Lance has improved over the same period because they hate him so much....

He has improved his jump shot, and he can still improve it more....His ball handling is top notch, but he needs to stay under control more...He can improve that......He already has the confidence and will to win on lock...Thats usually something players either have or they don't and right now he has it and guess who doesn't? Paul George...

Lance can also improve his off-ball defense, his on-ball defense is pretty damn good.....His passing is good, his IQ for running the offense is pretty good....He still has plenty of room to improve...I just hope he continues to be who he is...Not everyone will love him but **** everybody...SOMEBODY will love it and that GM will sign him..If he's not being himself, then he can't improve as a player.....I hope he doesn't let all his haters change him...From the looks of it, I don't think that will happen, so again...Hell yeah I hope we sign him...I don't he's soured Bird that much...Bird knows Lance has the most fight on team, and thats' something Bird had in spades..Thats why he likes Lance and thats why he gave him his shot finally after 4 years.......

D-FENS
05-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Trade 1:

IND trade: George Hill, Chris Copeland (expirer)
IND receive: Rajon Rondo, Reggie Evans

SAC trade: Derrick Williams (expirer), Travis Outlaw (expirer), Reggie Evans (expirer), Pick 8
SAC receive: George Hill, Brandon Bass

BOS trade: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass (expirer)
BOS receive: Derrick Williams, Travis Outlaw, Chris Copeland, Pick 8

Trade 2:

MIL trade: OJ Mayo, Larry Sanders, Pick 31

IND trade: Roy Hibbert

Trade 3:

IND trade: Donald Sloan, Evan Turner S&T
DEN trade: Wilson Chandler

Re-sign Lance Stephenson
Sign Kirk Hinrich to mini-MLE
Pick 31 - Patric Young
Pick 57 - Khem Birch

CT: Sanders/ Mahinmi/ Young
PF: West/ Scola/ Evans
SF: George/ Chandler/ Hill
SG: Stephenson/ Mayo
PG: Rondo/ Hinrich/ Watson

Not even sure if that team is any better.

Dr Seuss
05-30-2014, 11:01 PM
I dont know how willing DAL would be for this, but S/T stephenson for Calderon.

If your team lacks an offensive system, and instead, you just let stephenson feign being a playmaker, Indiana will run into the same roadblocks theyve been hitting these whole playoffs.

Dro
05-30-2014, 11:05 PM
I dont know how willing DAL would be for this, but S/T stephenson for Calderon.

If your team lacks an offensive system, and instead, you just let stephenson feign being a playmaker, Indiana will run into the same roadblocks theyve been hitting these whole playoffs.
They should have been letting Lance run the team from the beginning of the season.......Instead they allowed Hill to be something he's not comfortable with.......a Point Guard....

SHAQisGOAT
05-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Most of the players just let everyone down. I'd be ****ed up if I was a Pacer fan, or a "member" of the organization, shit if I was Bird, I'd storm into the lockeroom calling them *******.

Dro
05-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Most of the players just let everyone down. I'd be ****ed up if I was a Pacer fan, or a "member" of the organization, shit if I was Bird, I'd storm into the lockeroom calling them *******.
:lol He might do that.......Bird can be ruthless.........

finchyyy
05-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Trade George Hill and Evan Turner for an actual point guard.

D-Rose
05-31-2014, 01:06 AM
Larry Sanders and Ilyasova for Hibbert/Copeland <-- saw dat on twitter.

Interesting I guess.

SwishSquared
05-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Trade 3:

Re-sign Lance Stephenson
Sign Kirk Hinrich to mini-MLE
Pick 31 - Patric Young
Pick 57 - Khem Birch

CT: Sanders/ Mahinmi/ Young
PF: West/ Scola/ Evans
SF: George/ Chandler/ Hill
SG: Stephenson/ Mayo
PG: Rondo/ Hinrich/ Watson

Not even sure if that team is any better.
Not bad proposals, I actually too thought a couple days back that Bird has to call the Bucks to propose Sanders + Mayo for Hibbert + Copeland (or swap Mayo with Illy in the trade).

Regarding your Rondo trade, I'm not sure Boston accepts that unless they can't acquire an All-Star to pair with Rondo prior to draft, Rondo wants out, SAC is fine w/o Rondo signing extension, or Ainge can't get other offers (I think Asik + Lin + pick(s) is an offer he'd be more willing to consider). I also don't think Nuggets would go for Turner over Chandler at this time, as Turner is a worse player imo.

I think they need to S&T Lance and use the trade exception from that trade to try to acquire Kyle Lowry (or Jose Calderon or G. Vasquez), if they can carve out enough space. Maybe send out Scola in a salary dump to facilitate an upgrade at PG. They should sign James Johnson for vet min to play back up F. Use MLE to sign Jodie Meeks

If they dump Hibbert + Copeland for Sanders + Illy and use Lance S&T to complete Vasquez S&T:

Vasquez-Hill-George-West-Sanders
Watson-Meeks-Johnson-Illy-Mahimi

Still unsure this team beats Miami, but it has better spacing and hopefully a better bench.