PDA

View Full Version : "Miami & IND might not have got out of the first round in the west"

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
per JVG & Mark Jackson

agree or disagree

or did they say Miami, i think they said both might not have

TylerOO
05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Disagree. We have LeKing

b0bab0i
05-30-2014, 10:53 PM
^ You got in before OP edited title.

Agree

Miami wouldn't have made it out of the west.

PickernRoller
Agree.

TheMarkMadsen
Agree

did they say MIami or IND, almost 100% sure they said Miami, but they were also talking about IND in the same sentence

i'll keep the title "IND" until somebody else confirms they heard them say HEAT as well

maybeshewill13
05-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Agree. East is a joke besides Miami.

edrick
I figured there would be at least 1 thread on this. They say dumb shit all the time, but if they agree with you, they're geniuses.

Warfan
Edit - :facepalm thought you meant putting miami in the west, anyway indiana could probably win a round but won't get to the conference finals

TylerOO
^ You got in before OP edited title.

Agree

Miami wouldn't have made it out of the west.

Gotcha.

Indy would probably beat Dallas. That's about it

Marlo_Stanfield
bunch of salty ass kobe stans in here:biggums:

b0bab0i
did they say MIami or IND, almost 100% sure they said Miami, but they were also talking about IND in the same sentence

JVG said IND wasn't gonna make it out of the first round in the west. I'm not sure about Miami.

buddha
I thought he said Miami might not have gotten out the first round but all 4 teams that lost in the first round in the West would beat Indy in a 7 game series. and I don't disagree, although GS without Bogut probably wouldn't win.

DFish24
Probably would have made it out of the first but not the second.

jstern
05-30-2014, 10:55 PM
I knew someone was going to rush to make a thread about it. You're not even sure as to what was said, or took the second to write it out better.

per JVG & Mark Jackson

agree or disagree

or did they say Miami, i think they said both might not have

He said Indiana, because they don't have enough offensive weapons.

TheMarkMadsen
Gotcha.

yeah wasn't sure if they said Miami or IND or both, pretty sure it was both

Railgun
Maybe. Dallas beats them I bet and that was the 8th seed.

Real14
"Overrated!" :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 10:56 PM
they said both, title has been changed accordingly

DaSeba5
05-30-2014, 10:56 PM
People forget how good they were for most of the season. They would, but they would have lost in the first round.

PickernRoller
05-30-2014, 10:57 PM
I knew someone was going to rush to make a thread about it. You're not even sure as to what was said, or took the second to write it out better.

Lebron's c0ck too deep in your mouth....not letting you type correctly. SMH.

buddha
05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
People forget how good they were for most of the season. They would, but they would have lost in the first round.

by most of the season do you mean the first two months?

Pacquiao
05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
That's why All Miami's win has an Asterisk**

Brooklyn and Bobcats wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West.. Indiana would get KTFO in the 1st round on the West.

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 10:59 PM

damn you're thinking about me during the game? weird

he said Miami then said IND as well

UK2K
05-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Pacers may not have.

Depends on their seed.

Byobob
05-30-2014, 11:00 PM
It took several edits from OP, but he is right. JVG said Miami MIGHT not have gotten out of the first round in the West. In addition, JVG implied that the top 4 teams in the west could beat Indy in a 7 game series.

Kingwillball
05-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Better question of 8 teams in west how many take Miami to 6 ? Maybe 1 or 2..

JT123
05-30-2014, 11:01 PM
But I thought the Heat were the most stacked team of all time relative to competition? :roll: :roll: :roll:
You guys really need to learn how to stick with one argument, you can't have it both ways. The Heat are either incredibly stacked or they aren't. :facepalm

PickernRoller
05-30-2014, 11:02 PM

Grizzlies, OKC, Spurs, Blazers and Clippers easily take the Heat to 6 least.

Even the Rockets and Golden State.

edrick
05-30-2014, 11:03 PM
But I thought the Heat were the most stacked team of all time relative to competition? :roll: :roll: :roll:
You guys really need to learn how to stick with one argument, you can't have it both ways. The Heat are either incredibly stacked or they aren't. :facepalm

Pretty much. Either the Heat are the most stacked team, in which case, it doesn't matter. Or the Heat would be shit in the West. :rolleyes:

DaSeba5
by most of the season do you mean the first two months?

It was longer than that. They started to collapse the last 2 months, but they still had a top record. They would have made the playoffs in the west.

jstern
Lebron's c0ck too deep in your mouth....not letting you type correctly. SMH.

What the hell? I thought I thought people here considered me a Jordan stan.

What did I say in my comment that relates to Lebron?

I'm guessing you're a Lebron hater and you're in a really sensitive bitch mood that any little thing that might be related to Lebron puts you in a bitchy mood.

Kingwillball
Grizzlies, OKC, Spurs, Blazers and Clippers easily take the Heat to 6 least.

Even the Rockets and Golden State.

U obviously dont know basketball..

Bernkastel
05-30-2014, 11:05 PM

I reserve the right to flip-flop depending on the present circumstances of the time.

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 11:06 PM

Miami's biggest weakness is their inability to guard bigs..

there are no good bigs in the EAST right now, Jefferson is legit but he was hurt..

Duncan, Dirk, LMA, BG would give the HEAT problems, perimeter teams don't...

which is why SAS>OKC when it comes to the odds of beating the HEAT

jstern
damn you're thinking about me during the game? weird

he said Miami then said IND as well

No, I wasn't thinking of you, just goofing around with you because I knew someone was going to make a thread about it as soon as possible.

And he only said Indiana. It doesn't even makes sense to say Miami. They wouldn't have gone for a minute talking about the reasons why Indiana wouldn't make it out of the first round in the West. Mark would definitely have asked him about it, probably disagree, etc.

josh99
I agree for the Pacers, they got taken to 7 by the lowly Hawks. Mavs >>> Hawks. The Heat I think would have got out of the first round at least but it probably wouldn't have been a sweep.

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 11:10 PM
No, I wasn't thinking of you, just goofing around with you because I knew someone was going to make a thread about it as soon as possible.

And he only said Indiana. It doesn't even makes sense to say Miami. They wouldn't have gone for a minute talking about the reasons why Indiana wouldn't make it out of the first round in the West. Mark would definitely have asked him about it, probably disagree, etc.

Mark actually agreed, which is why it was confusing, JVG made the statement and asked Mark about how hard it is to get out of the first round at West, while Mark was agreeing JVG interjected and also added the Pacers to this, which Mark also agreed with

which is why it was a tad confusing

PickernRoller
05-30-2014, 11:11 PM

A LeStan talking about basketball knowledge....:roll: :roll: :roll:

NO.

jstern
05-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Mark actually agreed, which is why it was confusing, JVG made the statement and asked Mark about how hard it is to get out of the first round at West, while Mark was agreeing JVG interjected and also added the Pacers to this, which Mark also agreed with

which is why it was a tad confusing

Now I'm going to have to download the whole game. I'll check YouTube first.

MUGEN
05-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Miami definitely would have had a chance...they are a good team

Indiana tho..and this is a team I really enjoyed watching earlier in the season too...hell NO

toxicxr6
05-30-2014, 11:20 PM

Lol
Every team in the west could take Miami to 6 games
.... Heck even the suns could and they didn't make the playoffs

And in the west thete is 0 chance the pacers make it out if the first round... Miami have a good chance obviously

TheMarkMadsen
05-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Now I'm going to have to download the whole game. I'll check YouTube first.

lettuce know

Jyap9675
05-30-2014, 11:27 PM
JVG and Jackson did not include Heat, they just said those 4 first round exit teams from west would beat Pacers.

Cocaine80s
05-30-2014, 11:58 PM
right. because the team that might win the championship next week would lose in the 1st round to the mavericks.

miami has made dallas their bitch since 2011.

btw miami would get the 1st seed because they wouldnt coast in the west

Cocaine80s
05-30-2014, 11:59 PM
btw op knows they didnt say heat :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
05-31-2014, 12:00 AM
Heat beat everyone in the west except maybe SAS and Memphis.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Miami does for sure
Indiana i have a hard time believing would even make the playoffs.

And Miami wouldnt coast like they did if they played in the West

zoom17
05-31-2014, 12:52 AM

That Teams goes through droughts.

Roundball_Rock
05-31-2014, 01:06 AM
Miami is the two-time defending champion, may win their third title yet they would not make it out the first round in the West? :lol

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:08 AM

Well when heat beat Spurs in Finals ??? And Memphis not nearly enough firepower to beat heat 4 times. It would be a bunch of close games that heat would close out and pull away at end. Probably win in 5 or 6

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Miami is the two-time defending champion, may win their third title yet they would not make it out the first round in the West? :lol

Only trolls or morons believe that..

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 01:10 AM
Damn all these Kobe stans are saying the Heat are underdogs:eek: They're saying that if the Heat beat the spurs, it would be like an 8 seed beating a 1 seed, since the Heat would get knocked out of the first round in the West.

A 3rd ring with this one being as a complete underdog certainly puts LeBron as the GOAT

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 01:10 AM
lol they would have destroyed Memphis

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:11 AM
Lol
Every team in the west could take Miami to 6 games
.... Heck even the suns could and they didn't make the playoffs

And in the west thete is 0 chance the pacers make it out if the first round... Miami have a good chance obviously

No respect..really that is a ridiculous statement U just made and even if all the west teams took them 6 that would be it and they would be going home..

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 01:15 AM
No respect..really that is a ridiculous statement U just made and even if all the west teams took them 6 that would be it and they would be going home..

its not just about if they could make it out of the west..

it's the effect it would have on the HEAT as they advanced..

HEAT know that the Bobcats are a walk in the park, they could have sat Wade or Bosh and still won that series in 4.

It's a bit different when you have to play teams with multiple all nba players in the first round like Houston or Portland.

West have the deepest teams in the league outside of Miami, every series would be a battle and that would eventually take its toll.

look at 2011, HEAT face a couple 50 win teams on their way to the finals and then fall apart in the finals..

Their first round match up out west would have been more challenging than the ECF

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:16 AM
Miami does for sure
Indiana i have a hard time believing would even make the playoffs.

And Miami wouldnt coast like they did if they played in the West

Pacers had winning record vs West... :confusedshrug:

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:17 AM
its not just about if they could make it out of the west..

it's the effect it would have on the HEAT as they advanced..

HEAT know that the Bobcats are a walk in the park, they could have sat Wade or Bosh and still won that series in 4.

It's a bit different when you have to play teams with multiple all nba players in the first round like Houston or Portland.

West have the deepest teams in the league outside of Miami, every series would be a battle and that would eventually take its toll.

look at 2011, HEAT face a couple 50 win teams on their way to the finals and then fall apart in the finals..

Their first round match up out west would have been more challenging than the ECF

Im sure they would be OK Playing an extra game or two overall Miami would CARVE West defenses btw ..

Hotlantadude81
05-31-2014, 01:21 AM
Pacers may not have.

Depends on their seed.

They were 3 minutes away from losing in the first round in the east.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Pacers had winning record vs West... :confusedshrug:

So did Phoenix and Dallas:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: and Phoenix played the tougher teams more:confusedshrug:

18-12 VS West (.6)
38-14 VS East (.73)
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 01:25 AM
So did Phoenix and Dallas:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: and Phoenix played the tougher teams more:confusedshrug:

18-12 VS West (.6)
38-14 VS East (.73)
I'm sure the Heat would much rather face the Mavericks or the Suns than the Pacers

Pacers are still a physical team who beats you up, which will actually wear you out a little bit in the playoffs.

There's nothing that will wear you out with guys like Kevin Love, or old Dirk Nowitzki.

Heat would maybe play more games in the West but they wouldn't be playing a physical series like the one w/ Indiana.
Plus LeBron actually puts up better stats against the West, and the Heat have the 2nd best record against the West in the league.

Kingwillball
05-31-2014, 01:28 AM

18-12 VS West (.6)
38-14 VS East (.73)

But Phoenix or Dallas are not as good as Indiana lets be real. The Pacers were a top 3 team in the league for half a season than fell off 2nd half of season and were erratic in Playoffs but they don't suck they are/were #1 defense in NBA. Miami would have no problem dispatching Dallas or Phoenix certainly not be taken 7 like SA. Spurs gonna go 7 twice in Playoffs in 3 rounds not exactly dominant and been Blown out 3 times in these Playoffs. Miami will win against OKC or SA in 6 games.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-31-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm sure the Heat would much rather face the Mavericks or the Suns than the Pacers

Pacers are still a physical team who beats you up, which will actually wear you out a little bit in the playoffs.

There's nothing that will wear you out with guys like Kevin Love, or old Dirk Nowitzki.

Heat would maybe play more games in the West but they wouldn't be playing a physical series like the one w/ Indiana.
Plus LeBron actually puts up better stats against the West, and the Heat have the 2nd best record against the West in the league.
I dont know why youre talking about the Heat............theyd do just fine in the West

Pacers are not as good as Dallas or Phoenix. Theyd give Miami a tougher matchup solely because they were built to matchup with them in their conference. They barely beat ATL FFS

jstern
05-31-2014, 04:55 PM
lettuce know

I downloaded the game and listened to the comment. Van Gundy said about Miami, "It's possible Miami might not have gotten out of the 1st round in the West." But it was more like a possibility, rather than a definite outcome. Kind of like in the same boat as the Spurs and OKC who both could have lost in the 1st round. The two top seed being taken to 7 games.

Then on a sort of different topic since he said this almost a minute later he said, "I'm going to say this. The four teams that lost in the 1st round in the Western Conference. I think all four would have beaten Indiana in a seven game series." He went on to say that he doesn't think they have enough offensive talent when it comes to playing at the highest level against the very best.

SilkkTheShocker
05-31-2014, 04:59 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe all-time

JT123
05-31-2014, 05:04 PM
I downloaded the game and listened to the comment. Van Gundy said about Miami, "It's possible Miami might not have gotten out of the 1st round in the West." But it was more like a possibility, rather than a definite outcome. Kind of like in the same boat as the Spurs and OKC who both could have lost in the 1st round. The two top seed being taken to 7 games.

Then on a sort of different topic since he said this almost a minute later he said, "I'm going to say this. The four teams that lost in the 1st round in the Western Conference. I think all four would have beaten Indiana in a seven game series." He went on to say that he doesn't think they have enough offensive talent when it comes to playing at the highest level against the very best.
I don't think the Grizzlies would have beaten the Pacers, because just like the Pacers the Grizzlies don't have any reliable go to scorers. At least Paul George is capable of playing like a superstar at times. The Grizzlies don't even have that, so I think Indiana would beat them. The other 3 teams who lost in round one probably would beat Indiana though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2014, 05:06 PM

:oldlol: You're not a Lebron/Heat fan yet you downloaded the full game just to listen to this soundbite.

seems legit

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 05:07 PM
But Phoenix or Dallas are not as good as Indiana lets be real. The Pacers were a top 3 team in the league for half a season than fell off 2nd half of season and were erratic in Playoffs but they don't suck they are/were #1 defense in NBA. Miami would have no problem dispatching Dallas or Phoenix certainly not be taken 7 like SA. Spurs gonna go 7 twice in Playoffs in 3 rounds not exactly dominant and been Blown out 3 times in these Playoffs. Miami will win against OKC or SA in 6 games.

Dallas is definitely a better team than the Pacers...rofl

By the time of the playoffs I should say...

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Here's the thing, a lot of these are all matchup based. Indiana could have certainly beaten teams in the West in a 7 game series. Same thing goes for Washington, Toronto, Chicago, Brooklyn, etc... They probably don't beat teams like the Spurs or Thunder, but they certainly have enough experience to get them by some teams.

SilkkTheShocker
05-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Dallas is definitely a better team than the Pacers...rofl

By the time of the playoffs I should say...
Lol the heat would have destroyed the current Mavs

jstern
05-31-2014, 05:15 PM
:oldlol: You're not a Lebron/Heat fan yet you downloaded the full game just to listen to this soundbite.

seems legit

1. I like Lebron and the Heat, just like I like San Antonio and even OKC.
2. I'm obsessed with accuracy and the truth. That's how my mind revolves.
3. The confusion made me very curious, I'm part of the discussion, I don't care if it was Chicago vs Washington, I still want to know.
3. I didn't buy the game, I just set my torrent tracker to download it and forgot about it. How hard is that.
5. If I was a die hard Heat fan, which is what I'm assuming you're implying, I wouldn't need an excuse to download it. And I wouldn't be deleting it like I'm doing with this game. I also wouldn't be bumping this thread with such a title.
6. I'm rooting for San Antonio to win the Championship.

SilkkTheShocker
05-31-2014, 05:16 PM
West is full of soft teams aside from Spurs. And all they do is choke now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2014, 05:18 PM
3. The confusion made me very curious, I'm part of the discussion, I don't care if it was Chicago vs Washington, I still want to know.
3. I didn't buy the game, I just set my torrent tracker to download it and forgot about it. How hard is that.
5. If I was a die hard Heat fan, which is what I'm assuming you're implying, I wouldn't need an excuse to download it. And I wouldn't be deleting it like I'm doing with this game. I also wouldn't be bumping this thread with such a title.

Riiiight :oldlol:

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Lol the heat would have destroyed the current Mavs

maybe, but the Mavs would have destroyed the pacers

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 05:23 PM
West is full of soft teams aside from Spurs. And all they do is choke now.

I wouldn't say Memphis is soft. They just lack scoring consistently.

JT123
05-31-2014, 05:24 PM
You should know by now that saying ANYTHING positive about Lebron makes you a stan. :lol

francesco totti
05-31-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't think the Grizzlies would have beaten the Pacers, because just like the Pacers the Grizzlies don't have any reliable go to scorers. At least Paul George is capable of playing like a superstar at times. The Grizzlies don't even have that, so I think Indiana would beat them. The other 3 teams who lost in round one probably would beat Indiana though.

I would just say this differently. Pacers would have beat houston, clippers, portland and dallas in my book because pacers play defence ..the others dont.

Spurs would beat indiana, same for memphis.OKC the talent of westbrook/durant will beat them together.

GSW Would beat indiana i think as well.

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Remember boys and girls, the Heat are the most stacked team of all time--but would lose to every playoff team in the west, and to the Suns and the Twolves--but the Heat should not be considered underdogs in the Finals.

ForeverHeat
05-31-2014, 05:34 PM
People who believe this are stupid. Let me break this down...

Miami would beat Warriors, Houston and Mavs in 5 and beat Grizzlies in 6. Memphis can do what Indiana did at times in this series and that's play physical and dominate Miami's front line. But they have no scorer so they would win 2 games at best. The rest are not even near Miami's level so no worries there. You dont test Miami with the defense those other 3 teams have.

Indiana would beat Memphis, since Memphis is essentially the Pacers with no go to scorer. Indiana would also beat all the others because their defense would be too much for the others to actually beat them in a series.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Indiana would beat Memphis.

No they wouldn't.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 05:39 PM
Memphis is a slightly better version of Chicago this season. If both teams were at full strength (Derrick Rose claiming about any form of his old self), then I would give the edge to Chicago going forward.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Gotcha.

No they wouldn't. Not a chance. Dallas in 5

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 06:00 PM
No they wouldn't.

lol my exact same response.. didnt even see urs

Bob Dole
05-31-2014, 06:01 PM
This really isn't saying much you idiots. the spurs and OKC both almost lost in the first round. Miami could lose in the first round in the west, it just isn't very likely.