PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:05 AM
What can I say......I'm a fan of the team, not a stan of a player and I was just supporting a member of the team....But I can't do it anymore......He's letting Chris Anderson, Chris Bosh, Chris Rock, Chris Brown, all these ****** just grab rebounds over him. He wants the ball handler to look for him in the post but he takes 10 seconds to post up and by the time he gets the ball, he's been pushed out to 15 feet from the basket and then tries to take smaller, quicker players off the dribble....

His defense has become null since teams have figured that all they have to do is run a million pick and rolls and our defense collapses.......He leaves Bosh wide open in order to defend the rim against Mario Freaking Chalmers......

What really kills it for me is his "selfish dudes" comment......He was talking about Lance and Lance ONLY...Then he says PG and West can do whatever they want....It rubbed Lance the wrong way and to his own detriment and his lack of maturity(he's only 23), Lance started playing selfish...This is when the team went downhill...It made his teammates upset but when Hibbert made that comment, Lance was playing great ball and Roy was just upset apparently because he didn't feel involved........Thus he stopped rebounding and running the court........This is all fact and can be backed up by an article I read this mornIng......If I can find it...Ill post the link....

In addition that comment Lance had already felt snubbed by being passed up by the coaches for an all-star reserve spot...(For the record, I do not believe Lance should have made the all-star team this year). Also, if you know Lance' history, you know he's always felt snubbed since the day he was drafted and then he never got to play until Bird took over.......So he took Roy's comment extra personal and this is when you started hearing about him "stealing rebounds from teammates" etc.....

All of the other rumors, were just that, rumors.......None of it is true..nobody f*cked anybody elses wife or none of that bs.....

Lance is not excused for his immaturity about how he handled that situation but Roy was DEAD WRONG for calling him out like that long before he ever deserved to be and on top of that Roy was playing like sh*t himself and was still named an all-star.....So if anything, he should have felt where Lance was coming from.....

This and this only is what started the chemistry issues......So it would make sense to get rid of one of them right? Maybe.....If so, I'd rather it be Roy...His contract makes it almost impossible for us to do anything........They can afford to pay Lance up to 8 million which should be enough for him(I'm not saying he should get 8 million, I'm just saying, they can pay him that if thats what it takes to keep him).

Lance has more potential to develop into a star, he has all the physical tools.....Roy is what he his, would anyone disagree with that?

Fun fact that you probably didn't know.....Lance has assisted on more Roy Hibbert baskets than Paul George and David West COMBINED...And that was BEFORE the rift started and still continued after the rift....Even during the Washington series, Lance is the one who told Roy "if I get the ball, you'll get it" and he did just that.....You know who consistently passes up Roy or gets it to him late? Paul George....

It might seem like I haven't liked PG lately because I've been pimping Lance but I'm sorry, I have to call it like it is........PG has the more aesthetically pleasing game, the smoother game........It doesn't mean he is more talented.......Yes, he's had bigger scoring output, he's a better defender than Lance...But he doesn't have a higher b-ball IQ, he's not a better passer or ball-handler....He's a better shooter but still inconsistent, Lance shot 49% this year....Lance just has better shot selection......Lance has more fight, more heart, more drive.....PG has alot of natural ability it seems...Lance came up through the streets, learned his game on the playground, its obvious when you watch them play.....

This is how I feel about it.....In a perfect world, I want them to keep the team together and just alter roles.......Make Hill a 6th man and maybe trade Roy for Rondo and somebody else like someone suggested in another thread......Vogel didn't even use guys like Copeland throughout the entire year so Ill place some blame on him also but he's a good coach, its silly to say he's not....

I like Roy as a person but he only plays hard when he's scoring and if he's not involved, he doesn't do anything else...Thats inexcusable....

Beastmode88
05-31-2014, 12:06 AM
Might be worse than Kwame at this point. :roll: :roll:

Relinquish
05-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Meltdown :eek:

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Keep Lance, west and PG, trade hill and hibbert

SpaceJammeR
05-31-2014, 12:10 AM
shoulda kept granger. lol

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Meltdown :eek:
If you call a perfectly honest, logical, and well thought out post a meltdown...well then thats on you...:lol

Relinquish
05-31-2014, 12:12 AM
If you call a perfectly logical and thought out post a meltdown...well then thats on you...:lol

Well I didn't read it and it was long enough to be a meltdown. :confusedshrug:

SpaceJammeR
05-31-2014, 12:13 AM
on the real.
keep west and george for sure. maybe keep lance but i doubt larry does. they need better offense thats for sure. get rid of vogel as well.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2014, 12:14 AM
The caliber of player he is, only a complete tinman would go for a donut in the conference finals.. Guy is wack imo

inclinerator
05-31-2014, 12:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/E95cahY.jpg

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:16 AM
shoulda kept granger. lol
Its almost like the Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, Jalen Rose dynamic.......Reggie felt some kind of way about Jalen because they traded Mark for him.....

Hibbert felt they traded Granger to make room for Lance when in actuality, Lance has been starting the past 2 years and is a big reason why they've made it to ECF again...They traded Granger because they felt his knees were done......They gave him plenty of playing time when he initially came back and his knees flared up again....

Roy just doesn't like Lance and he should've handled that behind closed doors man to man instead of calling Lance out in public like that........Everybody wants to blame Lance for the chemistry issues but when your teammate calls you out like a b*tch in the media for being selfish, when you're the main one who gives Roy the ball in the first place...it would piss you off too.....Especially when you consider the fact that he's buddy buddy with PG, the guy who doesn't pass you the ball....You don't do your teammates like that....

And then Roy says there's some selfish DUDES..plural...like he's talking about multiple people because he was too much of a b*tch to just call out the one player he was talking about.......Yes, I blame a lot of this on Roy....Lance plays bigger than he does and Lance is 6'5......

Rodmantheman
05-31-2014, 12:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/E95cahY.jpg

:lol

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Well I didn't read it and it was long enough to be a meltdown. :confusedshrug:
Why would you admit you didn't read it? Anyway, you probably should, you would probably agree with me.......

stalkerforlife
05-31-2014, 12:18 AM
He plays soft.

Reminds me of a far less talented Pau without Kobe.

Nuff Said
05-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Too ****in long. Ain't nobody read this shit.

Big Cheese
05-31-2014, 12:28 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?96903-Why-Are-People-Blaming-Lance-and-not-Roy

Beastmode88
05-31-2014, 12:30 AM

There's a difference between can't read and won't read.

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Then step your reading game up because pretty much everyone did......Took me about 45 seconds to read through it again....

But a better question is why you felt the need to post this in a thread where the OP was too long for you to read?:confusedshrug:

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:31 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?96903-Why-Are-People-Blaming-Lance-and-not-Roy

Yup, thats me, lol........I really wanted to see what my fellow PacersDigest members think because some of them stay pimping Roy and sh*tting on others...not just Lance....

leMVP
05-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Imagine D12 playing with those Pacers.

They would've been on their 2nd trip already to the Finals.

rhowen4
05-31-2014, 12:49 AM
good post man

lance is definitely one of the more interesting nba players atm... didn't know about the lance/hibbert deal. it had to be something though with how they were playing of late.

ZeN
05-31-2014, 12:50 AM
He mad.

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:51 AM
good post man

lance is definitely one of the more interesting nba players atm... didn't know about the lance/hibbert deal. it had to be something though with how they were playing of late.
:cheers:
Yeah, its true.....All the rumors and all that other stuff was just because the Pacers were an easy target after they starting collapsing internally...then PG catfish incident and all that........It was just too easy.......But this is the main thing that happened.......Now locally, this has been known.......Nationally, I'm not sure how many actually knew what was going on....

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 01:01 AM
I think the Pacers are going to hard pressed this off season and next season to make another deep run. If everyone can reload their rosters accordingly next season, it's going to be hard for the Pacers to make it back to the ECF and contend.

I really do believe that there will be 1 or 2 teams that can overtake Indiana as the a threat against Miami. But we'll see. They are still on a tier above everyone else in the East

Top tier (Elite - Already won titles and make deep playoff runs; pretty much can keep them together or decide whatever else to keep them elite)

Miami

Second tier (Close to elite - Can make deep runs, but not good enough to make the Finals. Need more time with core or more pieces around them)

Indiana

Third tier (Up and comers - Teams that are a few pieces away from make long runs, but could also dip into no man's land)

Washington
Brooklyn
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Atlanta

Fourth tier (No man's land - Aren't necessarily good or bad, but are floating. Some can be lucky, but otherwise have tight situations. Could make low seeds in the playoffs)

New York
Cleveland
Detroit
Boston

Fifth tier (Rebuilding - Won't be in the playoff hunt and have a long way to go before they can even be called a good/great team that can contend for titles or deep playoff runs)

Orlando
Philadelphia
Milwaukee

imdaman99
05-31-2014, 01:12 AM
OP let me ask you this: Who do you think Hibbert was talking about when he said there's some selfish dudes in this locker room? Don't tell me who you HOPE he was talking about, tell me who you think.

Dro
05-31-2014, 01:16 AM
OP let me ask you this: Who do you think Hibbert was talking about when he said there's some selfish dudes in this locker room? Don't tell me who you HOPE he was talking about, tell me who you think.
? I'm not sure I understand the question. Its been proven that he was talking about Lance....

I had hoped he wouldn't say anything like that or at least go to the guy first like a man before running to the media......You just don't do a teammate like that and not the only teammate who actually attempts to get you involved in the game on offense, the very thing Roy is always b*tching about.....He just let his friendship with PG cloud his judgement....

Dro
05-31-2014, 01:20 AM
I think the Pacers are going to hard pressed this off season and next season to make another deep run. If everyone can reload their rosters accordingly next season, it's going to be hard for the Pacers to make it back to the ECF and contend.

I really do believe that there will be 1 or 2 teams that can overtake Indiana as the a threat against Miami. But we'll see. They are still on a tier above everyone else in the East

Top tier (Elite - Already won titles and make deep playoff runs; pretty much can keep them together or decide whatever else to keep them elite)

Miami

Second tier (Close to elite - Can make deep runs, but not good enough to make the Finals. Need more time with core or more pieces around them)

Indiana

Third tier (Up and comers - Teams that are a few pieces away from make long runs, but could also dip into no man's land)

Washington
Brooklyn
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Atlanta

Fourth tier (No man's land - Aren't necessarily good or bad, but are floating. Some can be lucky, but otherwise have tight situations. Could make low seeds in the playoffs)

New York
Cleveland
Detroit
Boston

Fifth tier (Rebuilding - Won't be in the playoff hunt and have a long way to go before they can even be called a good/great team that can contend for titles or deep playoff runs)

Orlando
Philadelphia
Milwaukee
Now that I've come back down to the earth...I have to keep things in perspective...This starting 5 has been the best starting 5 in the league the past 2 years as far as scoring differential and its not really close.....Their two best players are 23 and 24 years old and have not entered their prime yet......

Lebron just said something at his press conference that I really agree with. He said he learned a lot from all his past failures and being able to bounce back from those failures shows a lot about your character as a man, let alone a player....

I think PG and Lance still have to learn this but they have an advantage...At least their doing all their failing early in their careers.....Honestly, they've had more success at an earlier stage than many other players...Many players fight their entire careers for the chances these guys have had and still fail, Stockton and Malone come to mind......Or Patrick Ewing. David Robinson would have been on this list if they didn't get Duncan.....So Lance and PG "should" be able to learn from this and be better because of it...Kobe failed early on. MJ failed early on. Not that these guys are in that class but its the same principle....Durant and Westbrook are going through the same thing basically....

So having said all that, it would probably be a mistake to shake up the core....However, I feel like something should be done.....It could also just be a knee jerk reaction. It could be a simple change like moving Hill to the bench...I like Hill as a player when he's aggressive, hate him as a starting PG and apparently he hates it too out of his own mouth...

ILLsmak
05-31-2014, 01:25 AM

I read it; it took less than 30 seconds. heh.

I dunno... I think the Pacers were ****ed in general. But it's true that Lance was the one balling. That's why I can't get mad at his antics... he likely knew they weren't going to win and just wanted to troll Bron.

-Smak

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 01:27 AM
You know what would have been scary ?

If the Pacers didn't trade their pick (Leonard) for George Hill. That lineup of...

PG - Stephenson
SG - George
SF - Leonard
PF - West
C - Hibbert

Damn... I would have hate to see anybody try to go against that team.

They are what they are, though. I think their players will take the next step, but they should urgently address their PG situation. Like you said, Hill won't cut it.

Dro
05-31-2014, 01:29 AM
I read it; it took less than 30 seconds. heh.

I dunno... I think the Pacers were ****ed in general. But it's true that Lance was the one balling. That's why I can't get mad at his antics... he likely knew they weren't going to win and just wanted to troll Bron.

-Smak
Like somebody else said, I think the roster is poorly constructed....Bird seemingly went all out trying to just bring in good players, Scola, trading for Turner, getting Bynum, etc......Vogel doesn't even play the team's best shooter Copeland and wonders why there's not much floor spacing.....

Bandito
05-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Nice essay OP. I am seeing Hibbert and Lance with new eyes now. But how do you know all those details about them?

Dro
05-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Nice essay OP. I am seeing Hibbert and Lance with new eyes now. But how do you know all those details about them?
I live smack dab in the middle of the city........We get local news here that you guys don't get....I know a couple people who know certain players personally and all of their people......George Hill is one, I know people who actually hang out with him and his people when he's here....Paul George is another...

Also, I can't find the article that I read this morning that confirmed it but we've been discussing this on local Pacer forums all year....The article that SI claimed they were going to run after the season is about this......Except it won't be news anymore....

Ethem
05-31-2014, 02:06 AM
You know what would have been scary ?

If the Pacers didn't trade their pick (Leonard) for George Hill. That lineup of...

PG - Stephenson
SG - George
SF - Leonard
PF - West
C - Hibbert

Damn... I would have hate to see anybody try to go against that team.

Lance at point guard?

They already have too many turnovers, starting an erratic ball handler at point won't work, especially in the playoffs when opposing teams have athletic guards and can apply a lot of pressure.

They need a good point guard that can distribute the ball, run the offense, and get other people involved. Rondo would be perfect, especially if he can return to all star caliber.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Lance at point guard?

They already have too many turnovers, starting an erratic ball handler at point won't work, especially in the playoffs when opposing teams have athletic guards and can apply a lot of pressure.

They need a good point guard that can distribute the ball, run the offense, and get other people involved. Rondo would be perfect, especially if he can return to all star caliber.

Stephenson was projected as a PG coming into the league. Sure he could be erratic, but just like Hill is currently on the Pacers, they would distribute the ball handling. Stephenson does a better job at PG than Hill does, IMO.

But in the long run, that probably do need another pure PG.

Bandito
05-31-2014, 12:22 PM
I live smack dab in the middle of the city........We get local news here that you guys don't get....I know a couple people who know certain players personally and all of their people......George Hill is one, I know people who actually hang out with him and his people when he's here....Paul George is another...

Also, I can't find the article that I read this morning that confirmed it but we've been discussing this on local Pacer forums all year....The article that SI claimed they were going to run after the season is about this......Except it won't be news anymore....
Oh. Man internet these days...

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 12:24 PM
I think the Pacers will fall into mediocrity next season.. especially without Lance.

they got west/george, thats it...

JUDGE WITNESS
05-31-2014, 12:34 PM
Vogel doesn't even play the team's best shooter Copeland and wonders why there's not much floor spacing.....
thank you :facepalm its incredible how you have a player like copeland rotting on the bench when he should damn well be a backup for pg

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:59 PM
thank you :facepalm its incredible how you have a player like copeland rotting on the bench when he should damn well be a backup for pg
Yeah bro.....We've been saying it all year......I don't know what Vogel has against Copeland...I think its the perception that his defense is bad or that he's only a 3 point shooter but thats not true....He's not that bad of a defender and he can score in general, not just shoot 3's...