PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson's Instagram Tweet To Lebron....

Dro
05-31-2014, 02:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo79UlfCIAAsp-3.jpg

BasedTom
05-31-2014, 02:05 AM
He pretty much had to do this. I'm not saying he had a PR guy write it or anything, but he's definitely attracted a lot of negative attention for his antics. Even if his intention this whole time was just to compete, the impression it left on a lot of people wasn't a good one.

ZeN
05-31-2014, 02:07 AM
Dude needs to charge his phone

TheMarkMadsen
could you imagine Jordan posting a picture on instagram of Isiah & himself hugging it out after the Pistons bounced the bulls from the playoffs?? :lol

Stephenson thought he was an Alpha but was humbled to a beta
inb4 internet/instagram wasn't invented yet

Byobob
He pretty much had to do this. I'm not saying he had a PR guy write it or anything, but he's definitely attracted a lot of negative attention for his antics. Even if his intention this whole time was just to compete, the impression it left on a lot of people wasn't a good one.

Considering the circumstances and things that happened, I'd say that tweet is good and classy. :applause: :applause:

kamil
Even if his intention this whole time was just to compete, the impression it left on a lot of people wasn't a good one.

They'll quickly forget. But LeCollusion* will never be forgotten.

KirbyPls
05-31-2014, 02:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo79UlfCIAAsp-3.jpg

Guy's 23, and he will learn, hopefully. Love his game, not his antics. Can't stand him, but he and West were the only guys on the Pacers who showed up tonight.

KirbyPls
05-31-2014, 02:09 AM
They'll quickly forget. But LeCollusion* will never be forgotten.

Insightful as always Kamil. :rolleyes:

Unforgiven
05-31-2014, 02:10 AM

Couldn't agree more.

He hurt his brand, I think teams will definitely think twice about going after lance. I'd be really skeptical to give him $$$, as I could easily see him going all JR Smith like

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 02:10 AM
Didn't see that coming. Good on Lance

Dro
05-31-2014, 02:11 AM
There are just as many that support him as much as there are folks who hate him......On twitter, on basketball forums, social media, its probably 50/50...You've plenty of folks on twitter who are supporting him for going right after the King...

Lance even acknowledge that he knows he wasn't getting in Lebron's head....He pretty much admitted he was just trying to win...

[QUOTE]For all his efforts to distract James in this series, Stephenson conceded Friday morning:

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 02:12 AM
I wouldnt mind Lance joining us.

navy
05-31-2014, 02:13 AM
I wouldnt mind Lance joining us.
:oldlol:

No. We already have a Chalmers.

inclinerator
05-31-2014, 02:14 AM
could you imagine Jordan posting a picture on instagram of Isiah & himself hugging it out after the Pistons bounced the bulls from the playoffs?? :lol

Stephenson thought he was an Alpha but was humbled to a beta
inb4 internet/instagram wasn't invented yet
nternet/instagram wasn't invented yet

Dro
05-31-2014, 02:14 AM
I just noticed this:lol

Rameek
05-31-2014, 02:15 AM
I dont think this tweet is going to recoup the dollars he lost because of his behavior.

Dro
05-31-2014, 02:22 AM
I dont think this tweet is going to recoup the dollars he lost because of his behavior.
Pretty sure he won't lose any money........You dudes are going WAY, WAY overboard.......The same way many fans loved the fight he showed and the way he refused to back down........I guarantee you there's at least 15 gm's in the league that would love him on their team....Its not that serious.....The Rasheed Wallace's and Dennis Rodmans of the world can be signed, pretty sure someone will sign Lance, probably the Pacers......

Secretly around the league, I guarantee you other teams were rooting for the Pacers..They did not want to see Miami win again....And lets be real...Lance doesn't have some long history of these "antics"...They really only came out against Lebron and lets be honest...there were probably man opposing players and GM's that loved it..

Tell me the Thunder wouldn't rather have him alongside Westbrook and Durant instead of Sefalosha.....3 guys in the lineup that don't back down and play with immense heart....Thats just one example...The Bulls would be another...he'd fit right in with that team.....The Brooklyn Nets, his hometown....come on now.....You just need talent and potential...That will get you signed in any league pretty much....

Ancient Legend
05-31-2014, 02:23 AM
I think Lance has feelings for LeBron James, a la Paul George.

Dro
05-31-2014, 02:24 AM
I think Lance has feelings for LeBron James, a la Paul George.
:oldlol:

ace23
05-31-2014, 02:26 AM
The fck is an Instagram tweet?

And this is not genuine. Purely damage control to make sure he gets that bread.

miggyme1
05-31-2014, 03:36 AM
Guy's 23, and he will learn, hopefully. Love his game, not his antics. Can't stand him, but he and West were the only guys on the Pacers who showed up tonight.

did u watch the game..paul george played decent..the pacers downfall is hibbert...if i were them id seriously trade hibbert for kendrick perkins...in a heartbeat....kendrick has way more heart and he dont mind playing dirty..more athletic that hibbert too which is funny cuz kendrick aint that athletic his damn self

LongLiveTheKing
05-31-2014, 03:37 AM

And this is not genuine. Purely damage control to make sure he gets that bread.
:roll:

miggyme1
05-31-2014, 03:41 AM
Pretty sure he won't lose any money........You dudes are going WAY, WAY overboard.......The same way many fans loved the fight he showed and the way he refused to back down........I guarantee you there's at least 15 gm's in the league that would love him on their team....Its not that serious.....The Rasheed Wallace's and Dennis Rodmans of the world can be signed, pretty sure someone will sign Lance, probably the Pacers......

Secretly around the league, I guarantee you other teams were rooting for the Pacers..They did not want to see Miami win again....And lets be real...Lance doesn't have some long history of these "antics"...They really only came out against Lebron and lets be honest...there were probably man opposing players and GM's that loved it..

Tell me the Thunder wouldn't rather have him alongside Westbrook and Durant instead of Sefalosha.....3 guys in the lineup that don't back down and play with immense heart....Thats just one example...The Bulls would be another...he'd fit right in with that team.....The Brooklyn Nets, his hometown....come on now.....You just need talent and potential...That will get you signed in any league pretty much....

hell yea dude wants to win and his ceiling is super high...he could become a star in this league..just depends on how bad he wants it but he has all the tools...pacers just need a damn pg or paul george has to become the primary ball handler like lebron and then get a scrappy guard who plays like chalmers for the heat...just shoot threes and play solid defense. but this pacers team needs some tweaking and i hope it starts soon or they are gonna see their team not make it past the eastern semis next season especially with a healthy drose..healthy nets and a better raptors team..oh and the wizards

LEFT4DEAD
05-31-2014, 04:07 AM
In b4 Lance to Miami.

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 04:10 AM
Least he showed some heart..

MagnumT/A
05-31-2014, 04:11 AM
In b4 Lance to Miami.

He'll go to the Rockets

hawksdogsbraves
05-31-2014, 04:15 AM
Dro, I love ya buddy, but the Pacers aren't gonna be able to resign Lance. He's gone.

wally_world
05-31-2014, 04:29 AM
Whatever happens on the court stays on the court. Class act :applause:

SwayDizzle
05-31-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm starting to like this guy. Lance and West were the only ones that showed some heart. And I genuinely believe Lance has a lot of respect for Bronze. Bronze also respects Lance's fight. That comes with the territory of being a top level competitor.

Dro
05-31-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm starting to like this guy. Lance and West were the only ones that showed some heart. And I genuinely believe Lance has a lot of respect for Bronze. Bronze also respects Lance's fight. That comes with the territory of being a top level competitor.
Exactly......

gts
05-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Dude needs to charge his phone:lol First thing I noticed...

jlip
05-31-2014, 11:39 AM

:roll: :applause:
Post of the year!

DMV2
05-31-2014, 11:46 AM
Least he showed some heart..
...the fck you talking about? :oldlol:

Lance balls his heart out on the court every minute!

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
lol... dude was a couple of inches away from getting punched by lebron, MULTIPLE times, AND this wasnt the first tim ehe disrespected him either, (2012 choking signs), and now this? someone definitely told him to do this lmfao..

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 11:54 AM

:roll:

iznogood
05-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Can somebody paste Larry's comments on Lance? I thought Larry would support Lance since he called the whole team soft in 2012. I understand he might not want to do that publicly, but in my opinion Lance should be getting a new contract without any problems.

ForeverHeat
05-31-2014, 12:09 PM
I hate this nikka for what he was doing this series, but I wouldnt hesitate to let my hate go after this tweet is ALL he did was try to wind up Lebron.

But what he did to Norris was unforgivable. He straight up smashed him in the face the f*ckin cvnt.

Rameek
05-31-2014, 12:16 PM
I hate this nikka for what he was doing this series, but I wouldnt hesitate to let my hate go after this tweet is ALL he did was try to wind up Lebron.

But what he did to Norris was unforgivable. He straight up smashed him in the face the f*ckin cvnt.
Disagree I think he was going for the ball honest mistake

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Of course it was........its a just a few Heat fans who keep whining about it....:confusedshrug: Like he would just smack the sh*t out of Cole for no reason......People are really taking this Lebron/Lance stuff to heart...acting like Lance does this stuff all the time......Typical knee jerk reactions....

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Of course it was........its a just a few Heat fans who keep whining about it....:confusedshrug: Like he would just smack the sh*t out of Cole for no reason......People are really taking this Lebron/Lance stuff to heart...acting like Lance does this stuff all the time......Typical knee jerk reactions....

Definitely not... just check twitter for once

ForeverHeat
05-31-2014, 12:55 PM

Oh please you are deluded if you believe that. Tell me the last time you saw two players in that loose ball situation and one getting smashed in the face?

Everything that led up to it, the incident, and his reaction after all pointed to him clearly meaning it.

guy
05-31-2014, 01:01 PM
He's leaving it out on the court. What's the problem?

I can't remember such an overreaction to a player's "antics". I can't remember when his own organization i.e. teammates, coaches, and even the GM had such a problem publicly with this type of stuff. Its ridiculous. If it wasn't for this dude's competitive spirit, Pacers are probably swept this series. And Bird is such a hypocrite for all the trash talk he used to do. This is a hell of alot better then Paul George being distracted by being the internet joke that he is, and Roy Hibbert being a bitch going through whatever he was going through. Let him go. Plenty of other teams would embrace him and his competitive fire.

jzek
05-31-2014, 01:08 PM

This ^^

He basically did a Richard Sherman and is now working to reverse it...

Dro
05-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Definitely not... just check twitter for once
I did check twitter....

gts
05-31-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm starting to like this guy. Lance and West were the only ones that showed some heart. .

Me too... He's got that Ron Artest aura about him. a little unpredictable, with tons of effort

gts
05-31-2014, 01:15 PM

I can't remember such an overreaction to a player's "antics". It's ISH, overreaction is the norm

guy
05-31-2014, 01:18 PM
It's ISH, overreaction is the norm

I'm not even talking about that. Just the media and the league in general. For his own teammates/organization to not have his back kinda exemplifies all the issues they've had all season.

Unbiased_one
05-31-2014, 01:39 PM
He's angling to join the heat on a min contract next season

Ballin095
05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm not even talking about that. Just the media and the league in general. For his own teammates/organization to not have his back kinda exemplifies all the issues they've had all season.

This. Although tbh, i feel like larry bird probably told him not worry about what the media is saying in private and that he liked his aggression. Probably just told him to stop in public for pr reasons. Either way I feel like he's gone tbh.

SHAQisGOAT
05-31-2014, 02:36 PM

I can't remember such an overreaction to a player's "antics". I can't remember when his own organization i.e. teammates, coaches, and even the GM had such a problem publicly with this type of stuff. Its ridiculous. If it wasn't for this dude's competitive spirit, Pacers are probably swept this series. And Bird is such a hypocrite for all the trash talk he used to do. This is a hell of alot better then Paul George being distracted by being the internet joke that he is, and Roy Hibbert being a bitch going through whatever he was going through. Let him go. Plenty of other teams would embrace him and his competitive fire.

This :applause: People acting like bitches everywhere after a player leaves it all out on the court (I mean, this wasn't even Bill Laimbeer trying to injury somebody, or something...), ***** ass generation... No need for that by Lance either, someone probably told him to do it, I don't know but I didn't "like it".