PDA

View Full Version : Will people remember lebron winning in a WEAK conference?

20Four
05-31-2014, 03:49 AM
What do you guys think? When you really think about it, will people actually take into consideration that the EAST is weak as fvck? Or will that just not be known 20 years down the line from now?

RoundMoundOfReb
05-31-2014, 03:50 AM
Not be known. Nobody really brings it up with Magic.

pastis
05-31-2014, 03:50 AM
What do you guys think? When you really think about it, will people actually take into consideration that the EAST is weak as fvck? Or will that just not be down 20 years down the line from now?

unfortunatelly people will forget this or they even try to deny it right know.

Bandito
05-31-2014, 03:52 AM
What do you guys think? When you really think about it, will people actually take into consideration that the EAST is weak as fvck? Or will that just not be known 20 years down the line from now?
Yes.

KirbyPls
Magic, consensus top-5 player ever, says hi.

20Four
unfortunatelly people will forget this or they even try to deny it right know.
Damn, thats sad then....If the heat were in the west, maybe 1st round exit, real talk 101

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 03:53 AM
Not be known. Nobody really brings it up with Magic.

Maybe cause Magic actually faced worthy rivals in the finals? Anad at the very least had Bird/the Celtics to keep them from cakewalking to the chip every year...:confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Maybe cause Magic actually faced worthy rivals in the finals? Anad at the very least had Bird/the Celtics to keep them from cakewalking to the chip every year...:confusedshrug:
you're calling the Spurs, and Kevin Durant scrubs?

I mean I can agree with the Durant part, but the Spurs? :biggums:

IllegalD
BTW, people still bring up Kobe's "weak competition in the Finals" so this'll definitely be talked about for years to come long after LeBron retires.

RoundMoundOfReb
Thunder/Spurs aren't good teams? Kevin Durant isn't a "worthy rival"?

Ancient Legend

And the Spurs and OKC weren't worthy rivals? Considering they came out of the stacked West?

JohnFreeman
No one will remember...Anyway LeBron is still beating the best team that comes out the West?

Akrazotile
I'm not sure if people will remember what the landscape was like in the Eastern Conference, but everyone will certainly remember that Lebron was better than Kobe.

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 03:55 AM
Thunder/Spurs aren't good teams? Kevin Durant isn't a "worthy rival"?
Spurs are, but Durant hasn't even had a game this series where he's the best player. More like Westbrook is a worthy rival

J Shuttlesworth
I'm not sure if people will remember what the landscape was like in the Eastern Conference, but everyone will certainly remember that Lebron was better than Kobe.
This. And the Pacers will be seen as the tough physical team that the Heat had to get through. like the Knicks were for MJ (after the pistons)

RoundMoundOfReb
Spurs are, but Durant hasn't even had a game this series where he's the best player. More like Westbrook is a worthy rival
How many sfs were better than Kevin Durant was this season? Maybe 3??

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 03:56 AM
you're calling the Spurs, and Kevin Durant scrubs?

I mean I can agree with the Durant part, but the Spurs? :biggums:

The Spurs aren't scrubs, but their transcendent player is way past their prime, and they haven't won in 8 years. Duncan hasn't been a Finals MVP in a decade.

The Thunder are regular season hype that never won sh*t.

2000s Spurs (with prime Duncan), 2000s Kings, 2000s Blazers, 2004 Pistons, 2010 Celts, are all better than any competition LeBron has faced on his way to 4 finals.

Even the 2000 Pacers with Miller, Smits, and Rose are better than these Pacers.

20Four
05-31-2014, 03:57 AM
No one will remember...Anyway LeBron is still beating the best team that comes out the West?
Remember playoffs is all about match ups....just because they beat the team in the west doesn't mean they would beat goldenstate, clippers, grizzlies in a 7 game series

zoom17
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

IllegalD
This. And the Pacers will be seen as the tough physical team that the Heat had to get through. like the Knicks were for MJ (after the pistons)

:eek:

:wtf:

:roll:

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Remember playoffs is all about match ups....just because they beat the team in the west doesn't mean they would beat goldenstate, clippers, grizzlies in a 7 game series
Heat would still be top 3 seed in the West..especially if Wade is healthy

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 04:00 AM
The Spurs aren't scrubs, but their transcendent player is way past their prime, and they haven't won in 8 years. Duncan hasn't been a Finals MVP in a decade.

The Thunder are regular season hype that never won sh*t.

2000s Spurs (with prime Duncan), 2000s Kings, 2000s Blazers, 2004 Pistons, 2010 Celts, are all better than any competition LeBron has faced on his way to 4 finals.

Even the 2000 Pacers with Miller, Smits, and Rose are better than these Pacers.
Duncan just put up like 22/12 the other night. He isn't prime, but he's still a great player and outside of the big 3, the Spurs have a lot of young players. They won 60 games in the stacked West while playing all their starters less than 30 MPG. That's a well oiled machine. There's a reason we have threads asking if Jordan could have beat this Spurs team, and a lot of people think some of Jordan's teams would lose.

I agree though. Thunder are overrated scrubs with the least deserving MVP ever. LeBron deserved it this year

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 04:00 AM
:eek:

:wtf:

Damn, my bad.

I'll make sure I call them the Pacies next time

Lebron23
05-31-2014, 04:01 AM
More finals MVP than Kobe.

miggyme1
05-31-2014, 04:01 AM
well its not the heat fault the east is crap but at the same time im very disappointed in the eastern conference...i just cant believe after 4 years nobody was still smart or clever enough to at least put a team together to challenge the heat AT ALL in the east....thats kinda sad...i always thought that the chicago bulls did the right thing by disbanding after 98 because IMO their "luck" had ran out anyway..no way they could have won in 99..that knicks team was loaded...and the bulls in my opinion would have had no answer for that spurs team...two skilled big men? bulls had none.lol...idk

i just hope next season we see a REAL power shift in the east...multiple 50 win teams in the postseason..not just two or 3..teams built to challenge the heat....starts with perimeter defense.

alleykat
05-31-2014, 04:05 AM

Doesn't mean they would lose either. Nobody 10 years from now would think "oh but those grizzlies would've given them trouble" because it would be irrelevant. It is irrelevant now cuz you don't know that outcome, because it never happened. Only thing people will remember is that they beat the best team in the west.

If it's all about matchups how do you know those west teams would beat any team in the east in the post season? I could easily speculate and say Golden State would've gotten handled by the pacers

20Four
05-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Doesn't mean they would lose either. Nobody 10 years from now would think "oh but those grizzlies would've given them trouble" because it would be irrelevant. It is irrelevant now cuz you don't know that outcome, because it never happened. Only thing people will remember is that they beat the best team in the west.

If it's all about matchups how do you know those teams would beat any team in the east in the post season?
You have a point son :cheers:

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 04:08 AM
More finals MVP than Kobe.

Shaq has more Finals MVP than Kareem, Magic, Bird yet most people have Kareem above Shaq on the GOAT list, and many have Magic and Bird over him as well. :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
05-31-2014, 04:12 AM
Shaq has more Finals MVP than Kareem, Magic, Bird yet most people have Kareem above Shaq on the GOAT list, and many have Magic and Bird over him as well. :confusedshrug:

Because Kareem should have been a 3x finals MVP. He was the lakers best player in the 1980 NBA Finals. And Lebron is a better individual and team player than Kobe who only had 2 finals MVP.

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 04:15 AM
Because Kareem should have been a 3x finals MVP. He was the lakers best player in the 1980 NBA Finals. And Lebron is a better individual and team player than Kobe who only had 2 finals MVP.

LeBron the "better team player" yet relegates his all-star teammates to spot-up shooters/roleplayers. Kobe allows others (Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Bynum) to dominate while still getting his own.

Lebron23
05-31-2014, 04:18 AM
LeBron the "better team player" yet relegates his all-star teammates to spot-up shooters/roleplayers. Kobe allows others (Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Bynum) to dominate while still getting his own.

Who cares?? A the end of this season 4x NBA MVP, and 3x Finals MVP > 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 04:29 AM
Who cares?? A the end of this season 4x NBA MVP, and 3x Finals MVP > 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

Wade (LeBron's 2nd option): 10 All-Star Selections
Bosh (LeBron's 3rd option): 9 All-Star Selections
Ray Allen (LeBron's 4th option): 10 All-Star Selections

Just for shits and giggles:

Rashard Lewis (benchwarmer): 2 All-Star Selections

LeBron Supporting Cast Total All-Star Selections: 31

Gasol (Kobe's 2nd option): 4 All-Star Selections
Lamar Odom (Kobe's 3rd option): 0 All-Star Selections
Ron Artest (Kobe's 4th option): 1 All-Star Selection

Kobe's Supporting Cast Total All-Star Selections: 5

Kobe's HOF teammates (that actually contributed, no Mitch Richmond f*cks) for 5 rings: Shaq, Gasol (2)

LeBron's HOF teammates for 2 rings: Wade, Bosh, Jesus (3)

Kobe > LeBron

BoutPractice
05-31-2014, 05:02 AM
The further we go back in time, the less people remember rounds before the Finals. Or even Finals opponents really, unless the series are remarkable/historic in some way.

No one really cares anymore who Bill Russell faced in the first rounds of the playoffs (they remember he won against Chamberlain, but that's more of an individual rivalry). Same with Magic, and Jordan. It doesn't factor much into how they're perceived.

plowking
05-31-2014, 05:39 AM
Wade (LeBron's 2nd option): 10 All-Star Selections
Bosh (LeBron's 3rd option): 9 All-Star Selections
Ray Allen (LeBron's 4th option): 10 All-Star Selections

Just for shits and giggles:

Rashard Lewis (benchwarmer): 2 All-Star Selections

LeBron Supporting Cast Total All-Star Selections: 31

Gasol (Kobe's 2nd option): 4 All-Star Selections
Lamar Odom (Kobe's 3rd option): 0 All-Star Selections
Ron Artest (Kobe's 4th option): 1 All-Star Selection

Kobe's Supporting Cast Total All-Star Selections: 5

Kobe's HOF teammates (that actually contributed, no Mitch Richmond f*cks) for 5 rings: Shaq, Gasol (2)

LeBron's HOF teammates for 2 rings: Wade, Bosh, Jesus (3)

Kobe > LeBron

So your logic is including a player who clearly isn't playing like an all star into the mix of his all star talent? Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis?

Kobe:
Dwight Howard - 7 time all star
Steve Nash - 8 time all star
Pau Gasol - 4 time all star
Antawn Jamison - 2 time all star

Conclusion - 21 all star selections among a bunch of players, and barely makes the playoffs.

Lebron>Kobe.

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 05:41 AM
So your logic is including a player who clearly isn't playing like an all star into the mix of his all star talent? Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis?

Kobe:

Conclusion - 21 all star selections among a bunch of players, and barely makes the playoffs.

Lebron>Kobe.
:lebronamazed:

joeyjoejoe
05-31-2014, 05:42 AM
No that only works if you lose in the finals like kidd or iverson

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 05:51 AM

Kobe:

Lebron>Kobe.

We're counting teams that actually won the championship.

Nash and Kobe were injured at the end of the season after the Lakers won 75% of their games post-allstar. :facepalm

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 05:53 AM
Didn't Rashard have an 18 point game followed by another double-digit scoring. And didn't Ray Allen carry them in the 4th quarter the other game. And hit the biggest shot in NBA Finals history last year?

Sure.. Clearly not "all-star level" capable still....:facepalm

Rose'sACL
05-31-2014, 05:56 AM
Didn't Rashard have an 18 point game followed by another double-digit scoring. And didn't Ray Allen carry them in the 4th quarter the other game. And hit the biggest shot in NBA Finals history last year?

Do you mean that horry and fisher were all star level players?

plowking
05-31-2014, 06:08 AM

So a double digit game from Rashard after averaging 4ppg on 35% shooting in the playoffs is impressive?

Okay, I guess everyone is an all star in the league.

This discussion is pointless if you're going to be an idiot. I'm not sure if you're actually trying to justify your reasoning or actually being a retard.
Clearly Ray Allen is an all star too. :facepalm

IllegalD
05-31-2014, 06:18 AM
So a double digit game from Rashard after averaging 4ppg on 35% shooting in the playoffs is impressive?

Okay, I guess everyone is an all star in the league.

This discussion is pointless if you're going to be an idiot. I'm not sure if you're actually trying to justify your reasoning or actually being a retard.
Clearly Ray Allen is an all star too. :facepalm

What about those 2nd and 3rd option comparisons...? :confusedshrug:

plowking
05-31-2014, 06:24 AM
What about those 2nd and 3rd option comparisons...? :confusedshrug:

What about them?

Regardless of all star selections, I think most can agree that Pau Gasol was a better player than Bosh at his best. Dwyane Wade is a better second option than anything Lakers had.
Then again, Lakers had size in Bynum and Gasol, which is a key to winning. Lakers also had a better bench and more rounded team.

Miami was more top heavy, Lakers more rounded, and bigger.

Lebron is a better player. I'm not exactly sure why that is a big deal to Laker fans, but he just is, a better basketballer than Kobe. Kobe has won more, and help net the Lakers more championships, so I don't see the big deal. As a fan, you want to win. There is little satisfaction in being great but not winning. Barkley and Malone were better than a tonne of players who won, but they couldn't win. It is what it is. Better players win less than worse players sometimes.

L.A. Jazz
05-31-2014, 06:57 AM
The goal is to beat your competition and win it all. Lebron has no influence who will be his competition but he clearly is the best player right now and has a chance to 3peat. thats what i will remember.

diamenz
05-31-2014, 08:25 AM
the colluding will forever stand out in bran's legacy.

elementally morale
05-31-2014, 08:35 AM
No, absolutely not. Diehards will argue about it 30 years from now, but the regular/casual fan won't remember these things.

Dresta
05-31-2014, 08:38 AM

Kobe:

Lebron>Kobe.

I think this shows the weakness of discerning how good a team is by adding up their individual all-star appearances.

longtime lurker
05-31-2014, 11:11 AM
The goal is to beat your competition and win it all.Lebron has no influence who will be his competition but he clearly is the best player right now and has a chance to 3peat. thats what i will remember.

Of course he does. Why else do you think he colluded with Bosh and Wade? Not only is the east horribly pathetic, some of the best talent in the conference is also playing on his team.

DMV2
05-31-2014, 11:18 AM
They don't care about the conference being weak, they'll remember the historical series/games. i.e. LeBron Game 6 and 7 vs Celtics

More often they''ll remember the 2011 Finals and 2013 Finals. i.e. LeBron in 2011 Finals Game 4, in 2013 Finals Game 6 & 7.

But then there will be people who will only go by rings also.

Roundball_Rock
05-31-2014, 11:22 AM

No. As noted by a previous poster, no one invokes this regarding Magic. Also, during the Bulls title years they faced 6 different teams in 6 years in the ECF and that is not raised against MJ.

jimmy77x
05-31-2014, 11:26 AM
In 20 years BSPN will have done so much brainwashing and heat/lebran dickriding, no one will remember.