PDA

View Full Version : since the rivalry is over, who's next in the East?

jzek
05-31-2014, 08:58 AM
The game last night all but ended the rivalry between the Pacers and the Heat. Who's going to be the Heat's next main rival? :confusedshrug:

aj1987
05-31-2014, 09:02 AM
The game last night all but ended the rivalry between the Pacers and the Heat. Who's going to be the Heat's next main rival? :confusedshrug:
Bulls. Rose will finally be healthy next season.

Real14
05-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Knicks

Dagouch
05-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Honestly I don't see anybody much for next year. Maybe Washington with Wall Beal and Gortat.

Bulls "maybe" with a 80% percent Rose and if they Get Melo but that's a Huge IF.

Knicks won't be albe to improve till 2015.

Never Sold on the Raptors and the Nets were pretty much exposed.

All Net
05-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Hopefully Cavs in a few years...

Wizards I can see.

Trentknicks
05-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Probably age, eventually.

305Baller
05-31-2014, 10:50 AM
The Nets maybe.

Bulls...

francesco totti
05-31-2014, 10:52 AM
rivalry is like celtics - lebron, pierce - lebron.. ( 2 vs 3 series win)
rivalry is when the two beat each other at least one.
pacers never beat the heat, no series win.I wouldnt classify them as rivals.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Bulls. Rose will finally be healthy next season.

Nah... If he is&stays healthy, I predict it will take him a FULL SEASON, to get back to full strength.. meaning 2015-2016.

Warfan
05-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Nah... If he is&stays healthy, I predict it will take him a FULL SEASON, to get back to full strength.. meaning 2015-2016.

Melo on the bulls next year will beat miami :banana:

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 10:57 AM

Well...

Don't think so. Pacers team this year is built from top to bottom to beat Miami. I see them like the 90s Bulls. It doesn't matter whether they or the opponent has homecourt... they are going to beat you regardless of location.

Pacers team last year lost because Heat had the better team + game 7 homecourt. This year, the Pacers have the better team + homecourt. I just don't see them losing to Miami barring any major injuries.

DMV2
05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Wizards if they continue to improve. They actually have a pair of potential stars (Beal & Wall) and complimentary front-court that could make them a legitimate threat. ECF (vs Heat) have to be their goal next year. ECF or bust for them.

I think the Pacers aren't completely dead yet, I like how this team is built. PG still can improve and be more consistent. Sir Lance has already up his game to being one of the best defensive guards in the game, need to pick up his O. If you blame anybody for the Pacers downfall, you blame Hibbert. He's 7'2", 300 pounds of smelly, stinking trash. That said, I hope Hibbert can bounce back from this. You can't be his size and accept getting 1-2 rebounds (sometimes 0) in a playoff game.

atljonesbro
05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
The Melo Hawks. That team is team would be the clear cut 2nd best team in the East

LoneyROY7
05-31-2014, 11:17 AM
The Melo-led Chicago Bulls.

The Ciacago Bulls of our era versus the actual Chicago Bulls of our era.

East_Stone_Ya
05-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Knicks

no :oldlol:

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
If Rose is healthy and at least 80% the player he was in 2011, the Bulls will reacquaint themselves as ECF contenders. I can also see this happening if Melo joins Chicago.

Other than that, nobody. Wizards could be a threat, but they need a bit more time to gel, which might mean they'll need even more time because their front court will all be in their mid-30's soon.
I can also see the Cavs being a threat if whoever they draft #1 doesn't end up being Anthony Bennet 2.0.

DMV2
05-31-2014, 11:20 AM
Melo in Chicago would make the Bulls a real threat, especially with if Rose is healthy. But both of those are questionable right now.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Bulls and Wizards.
Nets too, if they pay some more players under the table.
i

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Washington

Dro
05-31-2014, 11:29 AM
To be honest, the Pacers 2 best players are 23 and 24 years old. Haven't entered their prime.......Id give them a good shot to be right back playing Miami again in the ECF......

BasedTom
05-31-2014, 11:53 AM
To be honest, the Pacers 2 best players are 23 and 24 years old. Haven't entered their prime.......Id give them a good shot to be right back playing Miami again in the ECF......
Their financial situation leaves me thinking that at least somebody has to go. Lance has to turn down a lot of money to stick around.

I don't think it will be easy to send off Hibbert with that contract either

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't even think there were was much of a rivalry. Like I said in another thread, the Heat are on their own tier in the East:

I think the Pacers are going to hard pressed this off season and next season to make another deep run. If everyone can reload their rosters accordingly next season, it's going to be hard for the Pacers to make it back to the ECF and contend.

I really do believe that there will be 1 or 2 teams that can overtake Indiana as the a threat against Miami. But we'll see. They are still on a tier above everyone else in the East

Top tier (Elite - Already won titles and make deep playoff runs; pretty much can keep them together or decide whatever else to keep them elite)

Miami

Second tier (Close to elite - Can make deep runs, but not good enough to make the Finals. Need more time with core or more pieces around them)

Indiana

Third tier (Up and comers - Teams that are a few pieces away from make long runs, but could also dip into no man's land)

Washington
Brooklyn
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Atlanta

Fourth tier (No man's land - Aren't necessarily good or bad, but are floating. Some can be lucky, but otherwise have tight situations. Could make low seeds in the playoffs)

New York
Cleveland
Detroit
Boston

Fifth tier (Rebuilding - Won't be in the playoff hunt and have a long way to go before they can even be called a good/great team that can contend for titles or deep playoff runs)

Orlando
Philadelphia
Milwaukee

I believe that a couple of the up and comers can challenge Indiana as the next best team to Miami if everyone can retain their talent by and/or possibly add more to it.

Dro
05-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Their financial situation leaves me thinking that at least somebody has to go. Lance has to turn down a lot of money to stick around.

I don't think it will be easy to send off Hibbert with that contract either
You're right.......They have a team option on Scola...He won't be back.....Turner probably won't be back.......Not sure if they'll be able to move Hibbert or if they even want to........I know most of the fans wouldn't mind seeing him traded but I'm not sure about the front office......They have MLE exception, they have enough to pay Lance at least 8 million..They planned it that way since the beginning of the season.....

I think Lance wants to come back and I know he loves Larry and respects him so much.....I think he feels he owes Larry.....He said as much in his post game interview as well......Something about getting better and coming back and trying to dethrone Miami again next year......