PDA

View Full Version : ::Let's fix the Indiana Pacers

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 01:07 PM
In your opinion, what do you think they need to improve on next year or which aspect of the game they need to make adjustments on? Change of personnel? Make big trades, whether if it's adding a player to the team or an equal trade for a better fit?

Does Hibbert need to go?

Do you think Paul George should continue to be their 1st option player? He averaged 21.7ppg in 36 mins this year. Those are prime Jason Richardson numbers & that's not good enough if you're the teams 1st option scorer, can be improved though, given that he's still in his 4th year. But still is something that they need to take a look at. Huge mistake on trading Danny Granger, could have been a great fit for a year or two. Great move by acquiring Scola, f*cked up by trading Granger.

Does George Hill need to go?

Realistically, which player do you think they need to acquire next year?

Build your Roster & explain why:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

fiddy
05-31-2014, 01:11 PM
they need a real PG

QuebecBaller
05-31-2014, 01:13 PM
They need a real pg... maybe Kyle Lowry or Shaun Livingston

And somebody to mentor Hibbert... bring back Jermaine O'Neal?

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2014, 01:17 PM
they made it to the eastern conference finals, pushing one the of the greatest teams of all-time to 6 games. nothing to be shamed about except for last nights game. not sure of the cap situation, what kind of cap space will they have if lance leaves?

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 01:19 PM
People have been calling it out, they just really need a legit PG & a 2nd scoring option. Lance Stephenson is great, but he's still young, they need a Danny Granger type of scorer. Up to this day, I still don't know what type of player Paul George is, scorer? Defender? He's not a great scorer, not a Ron Artest type of defender either. I think he's just really an athletic player & that's what keeps him going. Still reminds me of Jason Richardson stat-wise & ability wise, but I'd say Paul George is a better defender than him.

jzek
05-31-2014, 01:22 PM
They need a starting PG.
They need to find a trade for Hibbert.
They need to dump their bench save maybe for Mahinmi and Scola.
They need to transfer to a new conference so they don't keep running in to the Heat.

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2yUUFfP.png

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Would anyone trade George Hill for Kyle Korver + a filler? Mike Scott? That 8mil contract. -______-

Amnesty David West?

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-31-2014, 01:27 PM
how the fck did hill get that kind of contract?

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 01:29 PM
sign carmole Anthony
send lance to d league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazysam:

DMV2
05-31-2014, 01:32 PM
They're basically a championship or bust team, so they'll have to get LeBron or Durant to in it all.

jzek
05-31-2014, 01:32 PM
how the fck did hill get that kind of contract?

He was Poppovich's favorite player.

GimmeThat
05-31-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd look into the market interested on David West. Good contract, Paul George just exceeded his expectation compared to when he was drafted. I like Turner's Game, whether or not he could coexist on the floor with George is still a question because of his lack of ability to shoot. Certainly can play as a Bruiser.

They need to either look for a PF who can stretch the floor to help open up George's game beyond just being a shooter. Or look into a SG and see whether or not George can develope a post game.

it's tough, looking at this roster, making it to the conference finals is quite the accomplishment in itself.

I don't think you can really unload George Hill's contract

so PF is about the only place you can make changes.

Smook A.
05-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Still can't believe Hibbert is getting paid that much.

The Pacers gotta trade Roy Hibbert and George Hill.

Hibbert is not a good center. He's a 7'2 guy who has a hard time rebounding the ball and he's a huuuge liability on offense. His defense is good but sometimes he just makes the stupidest fouls.

Also, George Hill is not a point guard. He's just an undersized player who should be coming off the bench as a shooting guard.

Pacers need a REAL point guard. Maybe they should try to get Kyle Lowry.

And a Hibbert replacement honestly won't be hard to find.

SwishSquared
05-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Still can't believe Hibbert is getting paid that much.

The Pacers gotta trade Roy Hibbert and George Hill.

Hibbert is not a good center. He's a 7'2 guy who has a hard time rebounding the ball and he's a huuuge liability on offense. His defense is good but sometimes he just makes the stupidest fouls.

Also, George Hill is not a point guard. He's just an undersized player who should be coming off the bench as a shooting guard.

Pacers need a REAL point guard. Maybe they should try to get Kyle Lowry.

And a Hibbert replacement honestly won't be hard to find.
I'm not really sure there are many takers for George Hill to be honest. They'd have to get back an equally unappealing contract. I do agree that they probably need to check the market for Hibbert + Hill.

Here are a couple thoughts:
-I doubt that Milwaukee would do this, but Hibbert + Scola + Hill for Mayo + Sanders + Illy.

-Then S&T Mahinmi + Copeland to Washington for Ariza. (I don't think WAS break the bank for Ariza this summer, personally. I also think they're losing Gortat.)

-S&T Lance for a trade exception. Use this trade exception to S&T for Greivis Vasquez

-Use non tax-payer's MLE and BAE to sign a back up wing and back up C (maybe James Johnson & Jordan Hill).

Vasquez-George-Ariza-West-Sanders
Watson-Mayo-Johnson-Illy-J. Hill

Would be a totally different look to this team, with some better shooting and youth, but Idk how close to luxury tax this roster would take them and if they'd be more of a title contender with this group. I still think that they're missing some star power at the end of the day (Lowry would be awesome but I doubt they can get him). They'd also have almost no flexibility for a couple years with this roster.

no pun intended
05-31-2014, 05:38 PM
It's simple. They need to sign Trevor Ariza and Kyle Lowry. And get rid of Lance.

Relinquish
05-31-2014, 05:40 PM
It's simple. They need to sign Trevor Ariza and Kyle Lowry. And get rid of Lance.

They can't afford those two.

BallsOut
05-31-2014, 05:42 PM
It's simple but signing Ariza won't do them any good. Stephenson is way better player for them.

What they need to do this offseason is put George Hill and the rest of their bench scrubs on the market.

Hill can't make an entry pass to save his life. It's pathetic. For a point guard, you would think he could do that. Same thing with Paul George, but Indy isn't trading him.

Their guards need to work on making a simple entry pass. Hibbert needs to man the fk up and hold his position in the post.

Kyle Lowry or Rajon Rondo in place of George Hill would put Indy over the top easily.

el gringos
05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
-I doubt that Milwaukee would do this, but Hibbert + Scola + Hill for Mayo + Sanders + Illy.

Milwaukee is trading those 3 for amare(expirer), Tim Hardaway jr, Felton, 2018 1st

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 06:39 PM
It's simple but signing Ariza won't do them any good. Stephenson is way better player for them.

What they need to do this offseason is put George Hill and the rest of their bench scrubs on the market.

Hill can't make an entry pass to save his life. It's pathetic. For a point guard, you would think he could do that. Same thing with Paul George, but Indy isn't trading him.

Their guards need to work on making a simple entry pass. Hibbert needs to man the fk up and hold his position in the post.

Kyle Lowry or Rajon Rondo in place of George Hill would put Indy over the top easily.
Give me Rondo, all day.

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm not really sure there are many takers for George Hill to be honest. They'd have to get back an equally unappealing contract. I do agree that they probably need to check the market for Hibbert + Hill.

-Then S&T Mahinmi + Copeland to Washington for Ariza. (I don't think WAS break the bank for Ariza this summer, personally. I also think they're losing Gortat.)

-S&T Lance for a trade exception. Use this trade exception to S&T for Greivis Vasquez

-Use non tax-payer's MLE and BAE to sign a back up wing and back up C (maybe James Johnson & Jordan Hill).

Would be a totally different look to this team, with some better shooting and youth, but Idk how close to luxury tax this roster would take them and if they'd be more of a title contender with this group. I still think that they're missing some star power at the end of the day (Lowry would be awesome but I doubt they can get him). They'd also have almost no flexibility for a couple years with this roster.

That is not a fair trade. lol

& Mayo + Sanders + Illy is too much for what you're offering for them. Lol c'mon.

TheReturn
05-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Would anyone trade George Hill for Kyle Korver + a filler? Mike Scott? That 8mil contract. -______-

Amnesty David West?
That would be a terrible mistake.

Vancouver-Grizz
05-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Hibbert and Lance for Carmelo

SwishSquared
05-31-2014, 06:52 PM
That is not a fair trade. lol

& Mayo + Sanders + Illy is too much for what you're offering for them. Lol c'mon.
The trade exception part? If he wants out, wherever Lance signs, Indy can just do a simple S&T and not take back salary (standard procedure). This trade exception can then be used in the exact same manner to acquire another player. If Masai is losing Vasquez, he darn sure is getting a trade exception via S&T out of it. He is the best GM in terms of fleecing teams in trades- well on second thought, he only keeps destroying Dolan, but a TE is a valuable asset to improve a team. In a vaccuum Lance is a better player than Vasquez, but Indy needs a better point guard and this is one way to do that.

Regarding the Bucks trade, it's just a proposal. It's essentially a Mayo for Hill swap and a Hibbert/Scola for Sanders/Illy swap. I don't know what the Bucks' FO is wanting to do in terms of dealing veterans vs. playing young guys. Sanders arguably has never had worse trade value and Illy is on a long-term deal and he might be overpaid. It's just a matter of throwing out options. They might bite. Milwaukee has little leverage imo in trading these guys based on the season they just had.

Edit: That Bucks trade saves Milwaukee money long-term. Hibbert could be gone in at most in 2 years, Scola's expiring, and Hill had a much better year than Mayo. Sanders has 4 more big-money years and he's a head case...

Maniak
05-31-2014, 06:52 PM

:roll:

This makes no sense.

- You're getting Mayo and Sanders, 2 guys who aren't exactly going to help a locker room, and have never proven to be able to help a team's winning record.

- Washington could get far more than Ariza if they wanted to trade him (which they don't, and won't). Mahinmi + Copeland is nothing at all. Two of the worst players on the worst bench, what a deal.

- Vasquez is your answer to Hill at point guard? :roll:

I dont think any teams involved would do something this absurdly stupid and if they did, the Pacers either don't get any better or get worse.

SwishSquared
05-31-2014, 07:06 PM
:roll:

This makes no sense.

- You're getting Mayo and Sanders, 2 guys who aren't exactly going to help a locker room, and have never proven to be able to help a team's winning record.

- Washington could get far more than Ariza if they wanted to trade him (which they don't, and won't). Mahinmi + Copeland is nothing at all. Two of the worst players on the worst bench, what a deal.

- Vasquez is your answer to Hill at point guard? :roll:

I dont think any teams involved would do something this absurdly stupid and if they did, the Pacers either don't get any better or get worse.
The point we were discussing was dumping Hibbert + Hill for something. Mayo's not the best teammate in the world, but neither is Lance (who apparently caused a ton of strife in that locker room). Sanders is a head case but has he had issues with teammates? That dude has had Greek Freak's back since he arrived in Milwaukee. He got in a bar fight, smoked weed, and was inhumane to his dogs. All very deplorable acts. I've never seen bad things about him as a teammate, but I could be wrong too. You're also underrating Sanders big time. He was their ENTIRE defense in 2012-2013.

Washington can keep Ariza but the point is Ariza may not want them. He's an UFA. Also keep in mind they got $7.5M or so being paid to Webster and Porter Jr. to play SF. If they commit market value to Ariza, they have $15M+ at SF with no star at that position. That's why I think they may let him walk. My deal brought in an expiring (Copeland) and a cheap C. My post said I believe they're losing Gortat, so I thought it'd be inferred from my post they'd need another C on that roster. If they lose Ariza/Gortat, they have ~14M in cap space (off top of my head). What centers are there that are available for them to get? They might hold onto cap room for next season so they can get Love. That's in their sights. They could decline a QO to one of their young bigs and take on Lin + Asik I suppose.

If you think George Hill is a better PG in terms of shooting and running an offense, you're wrong. Why don't you make some trades proposals to improve the roster?

3LiftHeatCurse
05-31-2014, 07:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wUVHdum.jpg

Kidbasketball20
05-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Trade George Hill + pieces for Jeremy Lin

That's the only thing this team has to do to improve their team dramatically.

Laugh all you want, but Jeremy Lin would make this team a CONTENDER with his style of basketball. Perfect for players like David West, PG, and Hibbert. Linsanity 3.0