PDA

View Full Version : could this years miami heat beat 2011 dallas mavericks?

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 01:50 PM
they added defense wizs, battie,birdman.cole,oden,

they would sweep up 4 to nothing!

birdmen would stuff dirk

LeBron what make out side jumpers!:coleman:

Dresta
05-31-2014, 01:55 PM
DMAVS: 'Mavs in 5'

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I think not, that year's Mavs were clearly beating anyone standing in their way, its not the Heat's fault that they lost. This is what we meant by team of destiny, you know they will win regardless of whom they play against and how strong their opponents are.

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 02:07 PM
I think not, that year's Mavs were clearly beating anyone standing in their way, its not the Heat's fault that they lost. This is what we meant by team of destiny, you know they will win regardless of whom they play against and how strong their opponents are.
they would be beat the spurs
if spurs dint get upset by memphis!:coleman:

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 02:08 PM

Well that year's Spurs aint as good as the recent two years, with the way Mavs were playing I doubt even the Spurs could stop them.

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Well that year's Spurs aint as good as the recent two years, with the way Mavs were playing I doubt even the Spurs could stop them.

could they beat Jordan rodman and pippen????????????????:coleman:

TrueRob
05-31-2014, 02:30 PM
I think the Mavs were only a little bit better than the Heat in 2011. This year's Heat has better role players than the 2011 Heat and LeBron has improved, so I think that would give them the edge, but I think it would still be a close series.

NumberSix
05-31-2014, 02:33 PM
DMAVS: 'Mavs in 5'
DMAVS41 actually believes that 2011 was the best Heat team.

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 02:34 PM
I think the Mavs were only a little bit better than the Heat in 2011. This year's Heat has better role players than the 2011 Heat and LeBron has improved, so I think that would give them the edge, but I think it would still be a close series.

heat win in seven!:coleman:

Micku
05-31-2014, 02:37 PM
2011 Heat could beat the 2011 Dallas if LeBron didn't have his historically bad series.

Anyway, yeah. I think this year Heat team could beat 11 Mavs. Although, I don't think Haslem is the defender that he used to be, so Dirk could do better.

TrueRob
05-31-2014, 02:39 PM

I think the Mavs would've dominated the Spurs who were overrated in 2011. I don't even think the Spurs could beat OKC in 2011.

During the 2011 regular season, the Mavs pretty much beat every good team in the league except the Bulls. Chicago Bulls was one of the teams that would've been a tough match up.

TheNaturalWR
05-31-2014, 02:52 PM

It was.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 02:54 PM

I do too... and so do many others :confusedshrug:

Flash31
05-31-2014, 02:59 PM

and that is why you shouldn't do drugs people

Straight_Ballin
05-31-2014, 03:00 PM
they added defense wizs, battie,birdman.cole,oden,

they would sweep up 4 to nothing!

birdmen would stuff dirk

LeBron what make out side jumpers!:coleman:

Um, no one is stuffing dirk. How the hell are you going to block a fadaway from a 7 footer who's shooting it off one leg and had a knee out to create distance between himself and the defender?!? Stuff Dirk my ass loL!

The shot is the most UNARGUABLE shot in the history of the game and there isn't a single former NBA big today not named Julius that doesn't cry himself to sleep saying"

"Why OH WHY didn't I think of doing that when I played!!!!" :lol

Micku
05-31-2014, 03:02 PM

While they weren't as polish as the later teams, but the big 3 played great. It was raw and they kind'a took turns with iso, but they were overwhelming. I don't think they would have as much trouble as the 2013 Heat with beating the Pacers.

But the 2013 was injured in the playoffs. I do think the 2013 Heat pre injuries was arguably the best Heat team.

TrueRob
05-31-2014, 03:07 PM

I don't know about overall, but defensively, the Heat peaked in 2011.

Flash31
05-31-2014, 03:10 PM
The 2011 Miami Heat
started Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony.

They had an injured Mike Miller,Udonis Haslem.
They played Erick Dampier,Magliore,Arroyo.

The 2011 Miami Heat was basically the Big 3 and scrubs.

There was bo teamwork,no plays,no sets.
That team was basically playing my turn,your turn.

Just look t the rotations aside from big 3

Chalmers,Bibby,Arroyo
House
Jones,Juwan Howard,Stackhouse,Injured Mike Miller
Haslem
Anthony,Magliore,Dampier

Then we look at Now

Chalmers,Cole,Douglas
Allen
Battier,Jones,Beasley
Haslem,Rashard
Andersen,Oden,Hamilton

You had 29% shooting Bibby,Hands of Stone Anthony
Old OLD Juwan,Stackhouse,House

How the hell can anyone think the 2011 version was better?
The only people that think that are people that want to prop up the Mavs.

The Mavs barely won several games and that's with LeBron choking and
this pg,c rotation and the sg,sf,pf backups

If the 2011 had an Allen,Battier,Cole,andersen,Rashard
They EASILY WIN

That Heat team was a 3 man team while this Heat is
a TEAM.

Teams aren't sagging off an Allen,Battier,Rashard,Anderson
Teams can't play 5 on 3 anymore.Not to mention the Heats offense and defense improved tremendously compared to 2011--it's not even the same league in offense.

livinglegend
05-31-2014, 03:12 PM
It was.
:facepalm

2012 and 2013 teams were both better.
2014 is also better.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-31-2014, 03:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KLyJGLZ.gif
:coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

Flash31
05-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Um, no one is stuffing dirk. How the hell are you going to block a fadaway from a 7 footer who's shooting it off one leg and had a knee out to create distance between himself and the defender?!? Stuff Dirk my ass loL!

The shot is the most UNARGUABLE shot in the history of the game and there isn't a single former NBA big today not named Julius that doesn't cry himself to sleep saying"

"Why OH WHY didn't I think of doing that when I played!!!!" :lol

Udonis Haslem Held down Dirk TWICE.

Unguardable---no.

Dirk didn't win 2011 Finals---the Mavs did.
Dirk was average in the 2011 Finals.
Though the Mav fidnt have to rely on Dirk so much bc they had
Terry,Marion,Barea,Stevenson,Chandler,Kidd and were on fire from 3 throughout the playoffs.

Those Mavs could afford to play 5 on 3.

Dirk was mediocre in those Finals.

But most Unguardable Shot---wtf are you on?

Kareems skyhook,Shaqs spin hook,Wilts fingeroll,Magics babyhook,
Hakeems dream shake,Shaqs Powerdunk

Dirk was being held in Check by Udonis Haslem---
yeah so unguardable.

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 03:22 PM
The 2011 Miami Heat
started Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony.

They had an injured Mike Miller,Udonis Haslem.
They played Erick Dampier,Magliore,Arroyo.

The 2011 Miami Heat was basically the Big 3 and scrubs.

There was bo teamwork,no plays,no sets.
That team was basically playing my turn,your turn.

Just look t the rotations aside from big 3

Chalmers,Bibby,Arroyo
House
Jones,Juwan Howard,Stackhouse,Injured Mike Miller
Haslem
Anthony,Magliore,Dampier

Then we look at Now

Chalmers,Cole,Douglas
Allen
Battier,Jones,Beasley
Haslem,Rashard
Andersen,Oden,Hamilton

You had 29% shooting Bibby,Hands of Stone Anthony
Old OLD Juwan,Stackhouse,House

How the hell can anyone think the 2011 version was better?
The only people that think that are people that want to prop up the Mavs.

The Mavs barely won several games and that's with LeBron choking and
this pg,c rotation and the sg,sf,pf backups

If the 2011 had an Allen,Battier,Cole,andersen,Rashard
They EASILY WIN

That Heat team was a 3 man team while this Heat is
a TEAM.

Teams aren't sagging off an Allen,Battier,Rashard,Anderson
Teams can't play 5 on 3 anymore.Not to mention the Heats offense and defense improved tremendously compared to 2011--it's not even the same league in offense.

you got a point!
this year heat team added allen,lewis Anderson.
those guys can score
they added defense experts,battie,cole.anderson
this year Miami heat would sweep dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coleman:

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Do folks really believe that beating that 2011 Miami Heat was some great feat for the 2011 Mavs?

People do realize that the 2011 Mavs swept the 2 times defending champions, and 3 time defending WCF champions Lakers right?

People do realize that beating the 2011 Lakers>>>>>>>>>beating 2011 Heat right?

mark henson 123
05-31-2014, 03:25 PM
lewis allen would burn dallas on threes
birdman would stop dirk rebound and a score

cole would stop guard penatration:coleman:

Dresta
05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
I know. I think he actually determines how good a team is by simply adding the stats of their top 3 guys.

Dresta
05-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Do folks really believe that beating that 2011 Miami Heat was some great feat for the 2011 Mavs?

People do realize that the 2011 Mavs swept the 2 times defending champions, and 3 time defending WCF champions Lakers right?

People do realize that beating the 2011 Lakers>>>>>>>>>beating 2011 Heat right?
:lol

oh my...

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 03:34 PM

They were.

Although this Heat team if they stay healthy is probably better.

I could see an argument for 12 if healthy throughout, but they weren't...and that great matchup against the Thunder skews things a bit.

What I have always said was simple...was that the 13 Heat in the playoffs were clearly the worst Heat team...which they obviously were.

This Heat team is healthy right now...and they aren't slumping either. So if that remains throughout...I'd rank this team over the 11 team as well.

It's always been about how awful the 13 Heat really were...and they were not good. People are hilarious acting like the Pacers regressed against the Heat...nope. Just that the Heat aren't injured and slumping. That was the difference.

As far as the 11 Mavs vs the current Heat. Tough call...I don't see how they stop Dirk. Haslem isn't nearly as effective anymore and Anthony played Dirk well and he no longer exists for them. Birdman couldn't do it consistently and Bosh/Battier/Lebron would get raped and into a lot of foul trouble. This Heat team would be better suited to slow down the other guys like Terry/Marion, but Dirk would be really hard for them. The Dirk that dropped 33 per game on 70% TS against Ibaka the round before. Unless Spo is willing to double...I'm not sure the Heat have the players to slow down Dirk.

Would be a great series no doubt...and would likely come down to whether or not Lebron is going to make some shots. Just like last year and just like this year if they play the Spurs again. Is he going to hit outside shots.

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 03:40 PM
:lol

oh my...

2011 Heat didn't have:

The best record
The MVP
The 6th man of the year
The most all-stars
Weren't defending a champions
Coach of the Year
An even average bench

Beyond that the 2011 Lakers were the back to back champions and the favorites to win a title. Miami wasn't even predicted to get out of the second round.

Pray tell, why is beating the 2011 Heat more impressive than defending the 2011 Lakers?

TheNaturalWR
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
If Lebron doesn't choke in the 2011 Finals, this wouldn't even be a debate. The 2011 Heat were clearly the best version of the Heat. Yes, their style of offense was probably Wade and James isolation, but it ****ing worked and at a ridiculous efficiency as well. They CRUISED through the 2011 Eastern Conference despite the fact that is was their hardest road out of all their runs. You had TWO 25+ PPG 50% scorers and basically the TWO best players in the league.

Dresta
05-31-2014, 03:54 PM
2011 Heat didn't have:

The best record
The MVP
The 6th man of the year
The most all-stars
Weren't defending a champions
Coach of the Year
An even average bench

Beyond that the 2011 Lakers were the back to back champions and the favorites to win a title. Miami wasn't even predicted to get out of the second round.

Pray tell, why is beating the 2011 Heat more impressive than defending the 2011 Lakers?
Because the Heat had just swept through the East losing only 3 games in the process, while knocking out the team with the best record in the league and a Boston team that was a couple of plays away from winning the title a year before. That Laker team could barely get past a whack New Orleans team with Carl Landry as its second best player, and then actually got swept by a team Miami were 5 points away from sweeping themselves :roll: . It's not like they hadn't collapsed prior to the playoffs either: they lost 5 straight at the end of the season.

Quickening
05-31-2014, 03:57 PM
2011 Heat would have won if Lebron didn't lost the plot for a series... not like that Mavs team was that great

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Because the Heat had just swept through the East losing only 3 games in the process, while knocking out the team with the best record in the league and a Boston team that was a couple of plays away from winning the title a year before. That Laker team could barely get past a whack New Orleans team with Carl Landry as its second best player, and then actually got swept by a team Miami were 5 points away from sweeping themselves :roll: . It's not like they hadn't collapsed prior to the playoffs either: they lost 5 straight at the end of the season.

It's funny how the East suddenly becomes this super strong conference when it fits one's agenda.

Anyways, the 2011 Lakers were the odds on favorite, and were the 2 times defending champions that beat that Boston team.

And the Mavs didn't just beat the Lakers...they swept them in convincing fashion. With Coach Jackson on the sidelines.

That is far more impressive than beating a Heat team full of misfits and devoid of a PG, Center, and bench.

That Heat team had no business in the finals...and most commentators agreed.

SamuraiSWISH
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM
From a top tier talent perspective? They were easily. The big three were so good, totally healthy that they didn't need anyone else to be great. Overhwelmed teams with All Star Team caliber ability.

If LeBron doesn't go casper in game 2, giving up a huge lead. They still win game 3 in Dallas. And if LeBron in general doesn't have the biggest disappearing act the rest of the series for a superstar ever?

Miami should've CURB STOMPED that Dallas team.

Micku
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
What I have always said was simple...was that the 13 Heat in the playoffs were clearly the worst Heat team...which they obviously were.

This Heat team is healthy right now...and they aren't slumping either. So if that remains throughout...I'd rank this team over the 11 team as well.

It's always been about how awful the 13 Heat really were...and they were not good. People are hilarious acting like the Pacers regressed against the Heat...nope. Just that the Heat aren't injured and slumping. That was the difference.

As far as the 11 Mavs vs the current Heat. Tough call...I don't see how they stop Dirk. Haslem isn't nearly as effective anymore and Anthony played Dirk well and he no longer exists for them. Birdman couldn't do it consistently and Bosh/Battier/Lebron would get raped and into a lot of foul trouble. This Heat team would be better suited to slow down the other guys like Terry/Marion, but Dirk would be really hard for them. The Dirk that dropped 33 per game on 70% TS against Ibaka the round before. Unless Spo is willing to double...I'm not sure the Heat have the players to slow down Dirk.

Would be a great series no doubt...and would likely come down to whether or not Lebron is going to make some shots. Just like last year and just like this year if they play the Spurs again. Is he going to hit outside shots.

I do think if the Heat 2013 reminded healthy, they would be the best Heat team during the big 3 era. Pre injures, they played the best basketball during the big 3 era. I think you are both right and wrong about the Pacers. I think the Pacers did regress (evidence is how they perform in the latter half of the regular season) and Roy Hibbert laid many dud eggs this year playoffs as oppose to last year. Considering that, the Heat are just healthier now than the 2013 version.

And I agree that Dirk may do better against this Heat team since Haslem isn't the defensive player that he used to be. I don't think Chris Anderson could guard Dirk as effectively than 11 Haslem. I do think this Heat have more balance firepower than the 11 Heat tho. It'll be an interesting series just because I wonder how the Heat are going to contain Dirk and if LBJ and Wade could keep a balance attack. The Mavs shooters were on fire in the 11 playoffs however.

Dresta
05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
It's funny how the East suddenly becomes this super strong conference when it fits one's agenda.

Anyways, the 2011 Lakers were the odds on favorite, and were the 2 times defending champions that beat that Boston team.

And the Mavs didn't just beat the Lakers...they swept them in convincing fashion. With Coach Jackson on the sidelines.

That is far more impressive than beating a Heat team full of misfits and devoid of a PG, Center, and bench.

That Heat team had no business in the finals...and most commentators agreed.
Chicago and Boston weren't good teams now? oooook. The Mavs swept the Lakers because the Lakers sucked, and showed that they sucked over the next two seasons. They were finished, P-Jax knew, and that's why he left.

Heat had no business in the finals and yet they were only 5 points away from winning in 4 :lol

You are completely delusional.

SCdac
05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Lebron was fallible in 2011, apparently, and the Heat didn't have the cohesion of the 2012-2014. For many players and people in general it takes some severe down moments to achieve their highest moments (Jordan losing to the Piston perennially, Duncan unable to get his Spurs past the Lakers at the beginning of the 00's). Just look at Dirk in his MVP season, in the prime of his career (just like Lebron) but for whatever reason wasn't ready and the team collapsed under him (like the Heat, as a team, collapsed). Credit to both Lebron James improving and Heat GM for bringing in high-IQ or hustle players like Shane Batttier, Ray Allen, and Chris Anderson. 2012 and 2013 version of the Heat have been the best imo. Lebron dropped 29 ppg and averaged a near triple double against the Thunder in the Finals, and when in mattered in Game 7 against the Spurs he scored 37 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.

“This team has been a reason why I am the player that I am today, because they beat us,” James said after putting on a 42-point, nine-rebound, six-assist show in the Heat’s 117-106 victory Tuesday night on the Mavs’ home floor. “When they beat us, I went into a place I haven’t been before in a long time. I went back to the fundamentals of the game. I went into breaking down every aspect of my game to get better, because I didn’t perform at the level I knew I could have or should have during those Finals. …
“The Mavericks are probably the reason why I am who I am today.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4700054/lebron-mavs-are-reason-i-am-who-i-am-today

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
yes i believe so

SCdac
05-31-2014, 04:47 PM
it's tougher to back off the Heat in recent years , especially when Lebron posts his man up

Battier drops 5 three's on the Thunder (12 Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I1l9c4e5qY

Battier drops 6 three's on the Spurs in Game 7 (13 Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSNXLMlUPY

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Chicago and Boston weren't good teams now? oooook. The Mavs swept the Lakers because the Lakers sucked, and showed that they sucked over the next two seasons. They were finished, P-Jax knew, and that's why he left.

Heat had no business in the finals and yet they were only 5 points away from winning in 4 :lol

You are completely delusional.

Sweeping the 2x defending champions Lakers with Jackson >>>>>>>>> than defeating a team predicted to lose to Boston in the second round, that had yet to accomplished anything noteworthy, and had a losing record vs every contender except the Lakers.

This would be like the Spurs saying defeating OKC is more impressive than sweeping Miami in the Finals.

Dresta
05-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Sweeping the 2x defending champions Lakers with Jackson >>>>>>>>> than defeating a team predicted to lose to Boston in the second round, that had yet to accomplished anything noteworthy, and had a losing record vs every contender except the Lakers.

This would be like the Spurs saying defeating OKC is more impressive than sweeping Miami in the Finals.
But the Mavs beat the Lakers in the 2nd round, not the finals, where that Laker team had not a chance in hell of landing. They played Miami in the Finals remember, the same Miami that went on to win the next two titles, and that was the form team in the league at the time.

Honestly, it's more like saying that Chicago beating the Heat in 07 (a sweep too, btw, beat defending champs with Wade, Shaq and Riley) was more impressive than had they got to the finals and beat the Spurs.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2014, 05:08 PM
“The Mavericks are probably the reason why I am who I am today.”

Am I the only one who feels this is an indirect shot at the Spurs ? They swept James's team in the 2007, so why didn't he became "the reason who he's is today" starting post-2007 ?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into that.

TrueRob
05-31-2014, 05:13 PM
A lot of people forget how impressive the Mavs were during the 2010-2011 regular season. They didn't just suddenly become good once the playoffs started.

STREAK BUSTERS - The Mavericks ended six winning streaks that lasted at least five games in 2010-2011. They first took down the Celtics early on in the year, ending Boston's five-game win streak on 11/8. The Mavs then handed the Hornets their first loss of the season on 11/15, after New Orleans entered the meeting with Dallas owning an 8-0 record. The only other time in team history that the Mavs faced an undefeated team that late in the year (at least nine games in) was 2005-2006, when the 8-0 Detroit Pistons visited the American Airlines Center on 11/19/05 and the Mavs recorded a 119-82 win. After taking down the Hornets on 11/15, the Mavs defeated the Thunder on 11/24, ending Oklahoma City's five-game win streak. The Mavs continued their streak-busting spree by snapping San Antonio's 12-game winning streak on 11/26. They next put a halt to Utah's seven-game win streak with a victory on the road on 12/3. Dallas busted the Heat's 12-game win streak with a victory in Miami on 12/20 and became just the fifth team in NBA history to snap two 12-game win streaks in a season (also Rochester 1949, Phoenix 1990, Portland 2001, and the L.A. Lakers 2008). The Mavericks were also the last team to defeat the Heat before they went on their 12-game run. The longest win streak ever ended by the Mavs prior to this season was 11 games (snapped two 11-game runs, defeating the Kings on 4/14/02 and the Rockets on 4/24/93). Dallas became the 10th team in NBA history to break six streaks of at least five consecutive wins in a season. The 1990 Phoenix Suns hold the record with eight.

HOW SWEEP IT IS - When the Mavericks faced the Heat on 11/27/10, it marked the 108th time in franchise history that Dallas played four games in five nights. With wins over Detroit (11/23), Oklahoma City (11/24), San Antonio (11/26) and Miami (11/27), the Mavs completed the four-game sweep (in five nights) for just the third time in team history (also did so in February 1985 and November 2006).

http://www.mavswiki.com/index.php?title=2010-2011

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 05:15 PM
But the Mavs beat the Lakers in the 2nd round, not the finals, where that Laker team had not a chance in hell of landing. They played Miami in the Finals remember, the same Miami that went on to win the next two titles, and that was the form team in the league at the time.

Honestly, it's more like saying that Chicago beating the Heat in 07 (a sweep too, btw, beat defending champs with Wade, Shaq and Riley) was more impressive than had they got to the finals and beat the Spurs.

Well all these people: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/04/13/experts.picks.playoffs/

seem to disagree.

And that is the point. The 2011 Heat team is vastly inferior to any subsequent version.

There is not a single impressive thing--as a team--about the 2011 Heat.

They didn't even have the most all-stars. For the life of me, I cannot understand how sweeping a team going for a 3 peat, with all the principle components in tact, is better than winning in 6 a team of misfits and without a bench.

A team that didn't even finish first in its own conference.

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Well all these people: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/04/13/experts.picks.playoffs/

seem to disagree.

And that is the point. The 2011 Heat team is vastly inferior to any subsequent version.

They didn't even have the most all-stars. For the life of me, I cannot understand how sweeping a team going for a 3 peat, with all the principle components in tact, is better than winning in 6 a team of misfits and without a bench.

Lebron choked

get over it

SCdac
05-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Am I the only one who feels this is an indirect shot at the Spurs ? They swept James's team in the 2007, so why didn't he became "the reason who he's is today" starting post-2007 ?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into that.

I think you're reading too much into that.

Because, younger Lebron did about as much as he could in 2007. Was a one man show. Bad series but went up against one of the best defensive teams of all time (better than the 2011 Mavs by at least a couple tiers). Bowen guarded him well or successfully corralled him into Tim Duncan in the paint, two DPOY candidates, and Lebron wasn't as seasoned. In 2011 however, Mavs exposed Lebron as fragile or at least not diversified in his offense enough to get going. He shrank under pressure and stopped taking shots, stopped trying to get to the line (one of the worst collapses I've ever seen from a superstar). His post game and range improved very much since then, more well rounded player and confident in himself.

SCdac
05-31-2014, 05:29 PM
A lot of people forget how impressive the Mavs were during the 2010-2011 regular season. They didn't just suddenly become good once the playoffs started.

Yes, the Mavs were definitely the best team that season (what does that mean in the grand scheme? probably for a different thread). When people try to deny that it's comical. Mavs added all the right pieces, some of them midseason, and could sense the hunger to win from both Dirk and Jason Kidd. Tyson Chandler had a huge impact on their D, as did the dirty work from Stevenson. Carlisle too was excellent. They stomped on the competition that year in the playoffs, even if their regular season was deceivingly strong.

Solefade
05-31-2014, 05:33 PM
the only bright spot about miami's 2011 team was that d.wade was 100% healthy

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 06:05 PM
From a top tier talent perspective? They were easily. The big three were so good, totally healthy that they didn't need anyone else to be great. Overhwelmed teams with All Star Team caliber ability.

If LeBron doesn't go casper in game 2, giving up a huge lead. They still win game 3 in Dallas. And if LeBron in general doesn't have the biggest disappearing act the rest of the series for a superstar ever?

Miami should've CURB STOMPED that Dallas team.

This.

It's like the 2001 Lakers Dominance... When you have arguably the 2 best ****in' Players in the Game, who cares if Mike Bibby is starting or not??

All it took was LeBron going ANONYMOUS, and they STILL "only" lost in 6, with 4 games doing down to the final 2 minutes...

Shaq/Kobe steamrolled because of their play, and so did LeBron/Wade in the East... they beat some great teams(Celtics, Bulls) WHILE Wade was shooting 40% against Chicago... even that was still manageable, because you had Bosh going off for 2 straight 30 point jobs...
They WERE the most dominant of all Heat versions.

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Yes, the Mavs were definitely the best team that season (what does that mean in the grand scheme? probably for a different thread). When people try to deny that it's comical. Mavs added all the right pieces, some of them midseason, and could sense the hunger to win from both Dirk and Jason Kidd. Tyson Chandler had a huge impact on their D, as did the dirty work from Stevenson. Carlisle too was excellent. They stomped on the competition that year in the playoffs, even if their regular season was deceivingly strong.

Yep...that clear cut best team was 20 to 1 to win the title at the start of the playoffs.

It was obvious they would win...

Dresta
05-31-2014, 06:15 PM

seem to disagree.

And they were all totally wrong and evidently clueless. Hence why they got their predictions so terribly wrong. I expected Miami to get to the finals that year, so my predictions and rating of the teams was evidently far better than theirs. What of it?

Cone
05-31-2014, 06:23 PM
nope

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 06:47 PM
This.

It's like the 2001 Lakers Dominance... When you have arguably the 2 best ****in' Players in the Game, who cares if Mike Bibby is starting or not??

All it took was LeBron going ANONYMOUS, and they STILL "only" lost in 6, with 4 games doing down to the final 2 minutes...

Shaq/Kobe steamrolled because of their play, and so did LeBron/Wade in the East... they beat some great teams(Celtics, Bulls) WHILE Wade was shooting 40% against Chicago... even that was still manageable, because you had Bosh going off for 2 straight 30 point jobs...
They WERE the most dominant of all Heat versions.

bingo...

Robalvarez2010
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
2011 Heat could beat the 2011 Dallas if LeBron didn't have his historically bad series.

Anyway, yeah. I think this year Heat team could beat 11 Mavs. Although, I don't think Haslem is the defender that he used to be, so Dirk could do better.

This
The only reason Dallas beat the heat in 2011 is because LeBron was not himself in that series. You could tell that there was something wrong with him. With the way he was being criticized by the the fans and the media for his decision. If LeBron would have been playing the way he's been playing since 2012 thru now also during his Cleveland day's, its pretty much a guarantee that they would have won.

inclinerator
05-31-2014, 06:58 PM
lebron choked so it wasnt the best version of them in the finals

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2014, 07:03 PM
bingo...

http://i3.hoopchina.com.cn/blogfile/201405/04/BbsImg139920779325643_300*169.gif

dr.hee
05-31-2014, 07:32 PM

Let's not forget they played without Caron Butler for half of the regular season and the whole playoffs. The Mavs actually had Marion come off the bench while Butler started and put up 15 ppg in addition to playing good defense.

So...could this year's Heat beat a healthy 2011 Mavs team with Butler? Yeah, but I'd say it's a coin flip. I mean you'd add a 15 ppg scorer/good defender to a team that swept the Lakers and won a chip.

What about the actual 2011 postseason Dallas team with Butler injured? No idea...Heat would be the favorite, but it could go either way. I mean the 11 Mavs would be at least the #2 seed in today's East even without Butler. Tough call.