PDA

View Full Version : TD is The Greatest PF Career Wise,Talent Wise Theres A Few Pfs Better Than Him

aboss4real24
05-31-2014, 03:02 PM
TD Is The best Career wise n wen it comes to achievements

But talent wise there's about 5+ PFs iLL Take over him

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/suns/barkley_mvp_190.JPG
Sir Charles- Way better n more versatile of a scorer

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/273884/amare-stoudemire-facial-dunk-o.gif
Amare(Prime)- Basically What blake griff is now, But with a deadly Jumper and a way better Post game,

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--nq1k7Q5x--/c_fit,fl_progressive,w_636/lcrqpe2zug0i9fpxqkhf.gif
Dirk-Like Charles, More versatile scorer, and Dirk is a all time great shooter, and is a very clutch player

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/Lipofsky-Kevin_McHale_.jpg/220px-Lipofsky-Kevin_McHale_.jpg
MCHALE- had arguably the greatest post game ever (hakeem would have sumtn to say)

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/kevin_garnett_smiles-1.png
KG- in his prme was Jus a better player than TD On both sides of the ball
O# Kg Post game was jus as gud As TDs, And KG Is 1 of the best shootin Bigs ever Frum Mid range, he was A Better FT Shooter also

D# Isnt even a contest, Only Thing TD could do just as good as KG was maybe being a rim protector, Other than that Its nt Close

KG Is a better PnR Defender, Better At guarding perimeter players,Better Post defender, Better help defender

Malone was also a better o# player than TD

AND td has a small dick and is gay lets not 4get that

pastis
05-31-2014, 03:05 PM
dude you are so fvcking right.:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dirk, malone, barkley

than kg, mchale:applause: :applause:

jus imagine dirk with popovic or jackson as a coach, just that, no other player. magnificant
imagine dirk with just a half good center, imagine that = epic.

iamgine
05-31-2014, 03:12 PM
How many Spurs/TD fan is gonna fall for this bait :lol :lol :lol :lol

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:14 PM
This post is so vague. What does talent mean exactly? They were more effective? Okay...then why is it Duncan has clearly better Playoff stats than those guys? Why is it he won a championship with teams easily worse than some of those Malone or Barkley played for? How come Amare lost to Duncan with the reigning MVP on his side?

And :oldlol: at Garnett being a better offensive option. Duncan's prime offensive numbers are clearly better, and he was on slower teams as well. Doesn't Boozer have more 30+ point Playoff games than Garnett?

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:14 PM
How many Spurs/TD fan is gonna fall for this bait :lol :lol :lol :lol

Looks like I did.

pastis
05-31-2014, 03:15 PM
This post is so vague. What does talent mean exactly? They were more effective? Okay...then why is it Duncan has clearly better Playoff stats than those guys? Why is it he won a championship with teams easily worse than some of those Malone or Barkley played for? How come Amare lost to Duncan with the reigning MVP on his side?

And :oldlol: at Garnett being a better offensive option. Duncan's prime offensive numbers are clearly better, and he was on slower teams as well. Doesn't Boozer have more 30+ point Playoff games than Garnett?

show me the better playoff stats comparing dirks and duncans playoffs years and perforances

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Also, it's funny how you neglect defense for everyone but KG.

I guess that doesn't matter when it suits your agenda. :applause:

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:17 PM
show me the better playoff stats comparing dirks and duncans playoffs years and perforances

PER: consolidation of all stats.

Duncan -- 24.7 over 228 games
Dirk -- 24.2 over 135 games

That's as deep as I'll get into it with you. No point wasting my time on an incoherent troll. You can't blame for that, right? :confusedshrug:

pastis
05-31-2014, 03:18 PM
PER: consolidation of all stats.

Duncan -- 24.7 over 228 games
Dirk -- 24.2 over 135 games

That's as deep as I'll get into it with you. No point wasting my time on an incoherent troll. You can't blame for that, right? :confusedshrug:

you just must be kidding.

fpliii
05-31-2014, 03:19 PM

All these anti-Duncan trolls are coming out of the woodwork. :oldlol:

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:20 PM

The way he uses the word talent is hilarious. He knows he can't outright say they were more effective, because they weren't. :oldlol:

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:21 PM
you just must be kidding.

Like I said, I'm not wasting my time for you to tell me about Dirk's exhausting play style and Duncan's overrated defense, without any real reason why it is.

Stay away, troll.

robert_shaww
05-31-2014, 03:21 PM
good post.

Just2McFly
05-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Duncan is PF now?

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Duncan is PF now?

Last time I checked, that's where he played during his prime.

Is Barkley an SF? Jordan an SF?

JimmyMcAdocious
05-31-2014, 03:24 PM
I think Duncan is the GOAT PF like Magic is the GOAT PG or Jordan is the GOAT SG. There's a bit of a separation between 1 and 2.

But I still think if you swapped situations between KG and Duncan in the early and mid 00s, their careers wouldn't have been much different. In that KG would be the one with 4 rings and Duncan wouldn't thrive to his overall potential as a player and team leader in that shithole of a cold, bitter, state that is Minnesota.

Just2McFly
05-31-2014, 03:24 PM

what kind of stupidity is this? Was Jordan playing SF for the majority of his career?

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:25 PM
what kind of stupidity is this? Was Jordan playing SF for the majority of his career?

Was Duncan playing C the majority of his? '97-'03: clearly PF to Robinson playing C. Then you're gonna tell me Nazr and Rasho were playing the PF? And now you're gonna tell me Splitter is playing the PF?

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:27 PM
I think Duncan is the GOAT PF like Magic is the GOAT PG or Jordan is the GOAT SG. There's a bit of a separation between 1 and 2.

But I still think if you swapped situations between KG and Duncan in the early and mid 00s, their careers wouldn't have been much different. In that KG would be the one with 4 rings and Duncan wouldn't thrive to his overall potential as a player and team leader in that shithole of a cold, bitter, state that is Minnesota.

'99: no chance
'00-'04: no chance. Actually, maybe, maybe in '04.

Garnett loses to the Mavericks in '06 handidly. They probably win it all in '07. Then maybe another year after that.

You seriously think he's winning 4 though? Parker and Manu don't become the players they are without Duncan's leadership.

fpliii
05-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Also, I'm a huge fan of KG and in terms of talent he might have an argument, but he was NOT a better post defender.

Just2McFly
05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Was Duncan playing C the majority of his? '97-'03: clearly PF to Robinson playing C. Then you're gonna tell me Nazr and Rasho were playing the PF? And now you're gonna tell me Splitter is playing the PF?
Dude was/is always be a center

fpliii
05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
'99: no chance
'00-'04: no chance

Garnett loses to the Mavericks in '06 handidly. They probably win it all in '07. Then maybe another year after that.

You seriously think he's winning 4 though? Parker and Manu don't become the players they are without Duncan's leadership.
I do think KG potentially wins it all with the Spurs in 04, 05, 07, 08 (no clue how many he pulls off). Definitely not 99 or 03 IMO.

GimmeThat
05-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Thank you.

It's what I've been saying about Jordan not being the GOAT all along.

aboss4real24
Also, I'm a huge fan of KG and in terms of talent he might have an argument, but he was NOT a better post defender.

yes he was, arguably top 3 ever at it

go back n watch the games

ArbitraryWater
I guess I'll actually agree :eek:

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Dude was/is always be a center

He didn't play there most of his career, which is why you said Jordan and Barkley aren't considered Small Forwards.

Duncan is PF. Interchangeable skillset, but that's where he played.

ArbitraryWater

Duncan a C though

fpliii
yes he was, arguably top 3 ever at it

go back n watch the games
KG is one of my favorite players all-time. I've watched probably every playoff game of his career, and a ton of others in the regular season. Man-to-man defense down low, Duncan was better.

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:32 PM
I do think KG potentially wins it all with the Spurs in 04, 05, 07, 08 (no clue how many he pulls off). Definitely not 99 or 03 IMO.

It's so hard to judge what he would have done from '05-'07 though. I mean he missed the Playoffs those years (albeit he had shit help).

I'm pretty sure he wins it in '07, but every other year is questionable. '04 he has a good chance though.

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Duncan a C though

Nah, he not though.

He played the PF during his prime and for more than half of his career. He's unanimously considered one for a reason.

aboss4real24
05-31-2014, 03:34 PM
td's d# a lil bit overrated

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:36 PM

When you think Blake Griffin is already a better offensive option than prime Duncan was, of course you'd think that.

This is a guy who hasn't made it out of the second round with a better player than himself on his team.

Duncan was making the Conference Finals with Derek Anderson.

Micku
05-31-2014, 03:37 PM

Yeah, lol!

Shocked that he didn't mention Mchale defense. Mchale's D was really good. Not Duncan good, but Mchale could guard perimeter SFs and protect the paint very well.

Anyway, Duncan was more effective. Done more with less and is the better passer and rebounder. I do think peak vs peak, you can make a argument on who is the better player with some of these PFs. Like KG's peak and Barkley's peak.

aboss4real24
05-31-2014, 03:39 PM
When you think Blake Griffin is already a better offensive option than prime Duncan was, of course you'd think that.

This is a guy who hasn't made it out of the second round with a better player than himself on his team.

Duncan was making the Conference Finals with Derek Anderson.

dont know about that now

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah, lol!

Shocked that he didn't mention Mchale defense. Mchale's D was really good. Not Duncan good, but Mchale could guard perimeter SFs and protect the paint very well.

Anyway, Duncan was more effective. Done more with less and is the better passer and rebounder. I do think peak vs peak, you can make a argument on who is the better player with some of these PFs. Like KG's peak and Barkley's peak.

I definitely agree. I'm still taking Duncan (after all he proved he could win with very little, at least in championship terms), but peak KG and Barkley are right up there. I honestly thought the T-Wolves were going all the way in '04. Garnett was that good.

fpliii
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
I definitely agree. I'm still taking Duncan (after all he proved he could win with very little, at least in championship terms), but peak KG and Barkley are right up there. I honestly thought the T-Wolves were going all the way in '04. Garnett was that good.
Do did I. We had no business beating Minny in that series. Cassell was forced out of the series with his back though, and the team was done.

T_L_P
05-31-2014, 03:44 PM
dont know about that now

It's debatable. Blake really stepped it up in Paul's absence.

But let's be real: he under performed in the Playoffs this year.

wakencdukest
05-31-2014, 03:50 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/kevin_garnett_smiles-1.png
KG- in his prme was Jus a better player than TD On both sides of the ball
O# Kg Post game was jus as gud As TDs, And KG Is 1 of the best shootin Bigs ever Frum Mid range, he was A Better FT Shooter also

D# Isnt even a contest, Only Thing TD could do just as good as KG was maybe being a rim protector, Other than that Its nt Close

KG Is a better PnR Defender, Better At guarding perimeter players,Better Post defender, Better help defender [/COLOR]

No way in hell was KG on Duncans level as a post player. :oldlol: Kg's first 10 years in the league he was a face up mid range jump shooter who could put the ball on the floor and take people off the dribble. His post game was almost non existent. And, he's never been as effective as Duncan guarding big men in the post. You are crazy. Duncan>>>>>>>>Garnett

MrC1991
05-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Tim Duncans face always looks like he left the oven on at home. lmao I seen th at on fb today.

DonDadda59
05-31-2014, 03:55 PM

The man should have like 3 DPOY awards to his name. Since he joined the Spurs, they've been ranked as follows defensively:

98- 2nd
99- 1st
00- 2nd
01- 1st
02- 2nd
03- 3rd
04- 1st
05- 1st
06- 1st
07- 2nd
08- 3rd
09- 5th
10- 8th
11- 11th
12- 10th
13- 3rd
14- 3rd

From his draft day through '08, The Spurs were ranked either first, second, or at worst third on defense with him as their anchor. They won 4 championships during that span. You'll notice that when they dropped out of the top 5, those were the seasons that Duncan's production/minutes dropped because of injury. The last 2 seasons where he has experienced a resurgence, the Spurs are back to being a top 3 defensive squad and challenging for rings again. That's no coincidence.

Tim is also ranked #2 all time in personal DRTG, #2 all time in DWS (behind only Bill Russell), #7 all time in blocks.

The man is one of the most dominant and impactful defensive players the game has ever seen. Him not having any DPOY trophies in his overloaded case is a travesty.

Quickening
05-31-2014, 03:59 PM
lmao at taking Amare over Duncan... does defence not matter?

Micku
05-31-2014, 03:59 PM
Do did I. We had no business beating Minny in that series. Cassell was forced out of the series with his back though, and the team was done.

Ha. Really? I thought the only team that would beat the Lakers were the Spurs. I thought T'Wolves were going to get beat by the Kings, and we'll have a Kings vs Lakers part 2.

That year was just a shocker for me.

aboss4real24
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
u can always tell who the stans r

bizil
05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
No doubt Timmy is the GOAT PF in terms resume and career. But I always considered the top Pf ever in terms of talent to be a three way tie between Timmy, KG, and Barkley. Reason why is they did great at the normal PF duties BUT brought skillsets from different positions to the PF. Timmy brought a dominant center's skillset to PF while Barkley and KG brought point and small forward types skills to the position. So basically u have as the top five:

Timmy- could anchor an offense and defense as well as the premier centers of all time! Unheard of from a PF.

Malone- The prototypical PF. U wouldn't want him playing any other position. Duncan played plenty of center while KG, Dirk, and Barkley all logged many minutes at SF early in their careers. Mailman took the things Petitt and Hayes did and put it in a 6'9 265 chiseled package of brute force, skill, and athletic ability.

KG- The 7 foot swiss army knife new age PF. Was an all time great defender capable of defending big swingmen all the way to center. Was a freakish athlete with point forward skills as well. And of top of all that led the L in rebounds for multiple seasons. In my book, the best all around PF of all time!

Chuck- The most dominant offensive PF of all time. Could take the game by throat in that realm better than any PF ever. Was undersized at 6'6, but played much bigger than his size due to being a freak athlete at anywhere from 265-280 pounds. Also had point forward skills and one of the premier scoring skillsets of all time at PF.

Dirk- The ultimate stretch PF. But Dirk was actually 7'0 so u didn't go "small" to have a stretch PF out there. Dirk had the height of a center and the scoring skillset of a Larry Bird. That's SICK SHIT never seen before in the NBA. Might be the biggest matchup nightmare ever at PF. Dirk and KG were the main guys responsible for the supersized SF craze in the late 90's. Those two were so skilled and had lean bodies like SF's. So the coaches often times put them at SF for the ultimate mismatch.

So all of these guys in a sense are the best PF of all time for their style of PF. All five can make the claim they totally revolutionized the position

Rocketswin2013
05-31-2014, 04:43 PM
KG played like a point guard or a slashing SF. Basically like LeBron. Duncan was pretty much a center throughout his career. Hard for me to compare their talent honestly.

joeyjoejoe
05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
It's debatable. Blake really stepped it up in Paul's absence.

But let's be real: he under performed in the Playoffs this year.

Before this season paul was the better player but now I think they're equals, Blake wasn't terrible in the playoffs at all but his rebounding did suck, as for op some of those guys were close skill wise but not amare or mchale

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Grizz would've had a heart attack reading thru this thread.

fpliii
05-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Grizz would've had a heart attack reading thru this thread.
lol yup

Odinn
05-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Back in the days, Kobe-stans at least had some guts to talk about Timmy-Kobe comparison. At least they were bringing something to debate about. Even Kobe-stans of the those times would look like an expert compared to recent attempts. In these days, just they just try to insult Timmy to praise their boy whom can not add something to his legacy due to a serious injury.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Barkley and peak KG were just as "great", imo

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 07:02 PM
The man should have like 3 DPOY awards to his name. Since he joined the Spurs, they've been ranked as follows defensively:

98- 2nd
99- 1st
00- 2nd
01- 1st
02- 2nd
03- 3rd
04- 1st
05- 1st
06- 1st
07- 2nd
08- 3rd
09- 5th
10- 8th
11- 11th
12- 10th
13- 3rd
14- 3rd

From his draft day through '08, The Spurs were ranked either first, second, or at worst third on defense with him as their anchor. They won 4 championships during that span. You'll notice that when they dropped out of the top 5, those were the seasons that Duncan's production/minutes dropped because of injury. The last 2 seasons where he has experienced a resurgence, the Spurs are back to being a top 3 defensive squad and challenging for rings again. That's no coincidence.

Tim is also ranked #2 all time in personal DRTG, #2 all time in DWS (behind only Bill Russell), #7 all time in blocks.

The man is one of the most dominant and impactful defensive players the game has ever seen. Him not having any DPOY trophies in his overloaded case is a travesty.
Duncan wasn't a better than any of the guys who won DPOY from 98-08. He's had teammates who were elite defenders.

Listen, Duncan was and still is a great defender. But routinely he didn't guard very good offensively-skilled players so his metrics are going to reflect that. He's nowhere near the impactful defender that Russell or Hakeem were.

Pop used everyone from D-Rob to Mailk Rose to Rasho to Kevin Willis to guard Shaq. Very seldom did Duncan guard Shaq.

He used Bowen to guard Dirk.

And it helps that Pop ran a very disciplined defensive system for many years, so that team defense always came before individual defense.

DonDadda59
05-31-2014, 07:35 PM
Duncan wasn't a better than any of the guys who won DPOY from 98-08. He's had teammates who were elite defenders.

Listen, Duncan was and still is a great defender. But routinely he didn't guard very good offensively-skilled players so his metrics are going to reflect that. He's nowhere near the impactful defender that Russell or Hakeem were.

Pop used everyone from D-Rob to Mailk Rose to Rasho to Kevin Willis to guard Shaq. Very seldom did Duncan guard Shaq.

He used Bowen to guard Dirk.

And it helps that Pop ran a very disciplined defensive system for many years, so that team defense always came before individual defense.

Nothing but bullshit in this post, no offense. He had teammates that were elite defenders? And the DPOY winners didn't? :oldlol:

How many of the award winners had their team consistently ranked 1-3 in defense for over a decade, regardless of who their teammates were?

Duncan was never as impactful defensively as Hakeem? Again, how many times were the Rockets ranked 1st during Dream's tenure. In '95, when they won their 2nd ring, they were ranked 12th defensively.

And Duncan guarded Shaq plenty of times but for most of their teams' matchups, Duncan was a PF and Pop was playing the hack-a-Shaq, so having Tim absorb those fouls made 0 sense considering he was by far their most important player.

Young X
05-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Barkley and peak KG were just as "great", imo:applause:

To4
05-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Where did you get the dirk gif?? :eek:

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM
Nothing but bullshit in this post, no offense. He had teammates that were elite defenders? And the DPOY winners didn't? :oldlol:

How many of the award winners had their team consistently ranked 1-3 in defense for over a decade, regardless of who their teammates were?

Duncan was never as impactful defensively as Hakeem? Again, how many times were the Rockets ranked 1st during Dream's tenure. In '95, when they won their 2nd ring, they were ranked 12th defensively.

And Duncan guarded Shaq plenty of times but for most of their teams' matchups, Duncan was a PF and Pop was playing the hack-a-Shaq, so having Tim absorb those fouls made 0 sense considering he was by far their most important player.

If u want to suck Duncan off, go right ahead. I'll stick to the truth.

DonDadda59
05-31-2014, 08:08 PM
If u want to suck Duncan off, go right ahead. I'll stick to the truth.

F*ck off you clown. :lol

Either back up your bullshit with something tangible or take a walk.

Odinn
05-31-2014, 08:13 PM

Although I agree Duncan should have won at least 1 DPoY, you're getting carried away. Although he missed only 10 games on the paper, Hakeem was struggling in 1994-95 season due to injuries. The previous season, the Rockets had 2nd best DRtg and 3rd the season before that. And Hakeem won also deserved those 2 DPoY awards.

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 08:14 PM
F*ck off you clown. :lol

Either back up your bullshit with something tangible or take a walk.

Keep at it. Hopefully one day you'll finally come up for air from sniffing on Duncan's man parts.

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Although I agree Duncan should have won at least 1 DPoY, you're getting carried away. Although he missed only 10 games on the paper, Hakeem was struggling in 1994-95 season due to injuries. The previous season, the Rockets had 2nd best DRtg and 3rd the season before that. And Hakeem won also deserved those 2 DPoY awards.

And finished top 5 on six other occasions in DRTG from 85-91, including 1st in 1990.

DonDadda59
05-31-2014, 08:22 PM
Keep at it. Hopefully one day you'll finally come up for air from sniffing on Duncan's man parts.

You really convinced me with all that evidence you just provided to make me change my mind about the bullshit you were spewing earlier. Great work. :applause:

You walking yet?

Never said Hakeem didn't deserve his trophies. Just pointing out to the clown above that he didn't have a bigger impact on the Rockets' D than Tim has had consistently for the Spurs. SA's D rating suffered too when Tim looked like he was finished and his production and health waned. But then he recovered and had a renaissance (and should've won DPOY imo last year) and the Spurs went back to being a top 3 defense and championship contender.

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 09:24 PM
You really convinced me with all that evidence you just provided to make me change my mind about the bullshit you were spewing earlier. Great work. :applause:

You walking yet?

Never said Hakeem didn't deserve his trophies. Just pointing out to the clown above that he didn't have a bigger impact on the Rockets' D than Tim has had consistently for the Spurs. SA's D rating suffered too when Tim looked like he was finished and his production and health waned. But then he recovered and had a renaissance (and should've won DPOY imo last year) and the Spurs went back to being a top 3 defense and championship contender.

Your garbage is absolutely weak. When Duncan wins a DPOY, 3x blocks leader, is top ten career steals and blocks, and is regarded by most experts and players as the best defender as a big man after Russell then maybe you can have a strong case.

DonDadda59
05-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Your garbage is absolutely weak. When Duncan wins a DPOY, 3x blocks leader, is top ten career steals and blocks, and is regarded by most experts and players as the best defender as a big man then maybe you can have a strong case.

Get back in your f*cking hole.

Again, show me how as you claimed "He's [Duncan] nowhere near the impactful defender" that Hakeem was.

From 97-08, the Spurs (with multiple lineups, the only constant being Duncan) had the #1 ranked defense 5X, the #2 ranked defense 4X, the #3 defense twice. Show me where the Dream impacted the Rockets defense like that.

I'll wait.

aboss4real24
05-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Where did you get the dirk gif?? :eek:

deadspin gifs

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 09:50 PM
What's with the Duncan hate all of a sudden?

houston
05-31-2014, 10:43 PM
:lol @ duncan plays center lolol. Dude is a 4 man.

:lol @ KG doing what duncan did with the spurs. KG was a choke artist and didn't have great post offense like that.

Y2ktors
05-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Get back in your f*cking hole.

Again, show me how as you claimed "He's [Duncan] nowhere near the impactful defender" that Hakeem was.

From 97-08, the Spurs (with multiple lineups, the only constant being Duncan) had the #1 ranked defense 5X, the #2 ranked defense 4X, the #3 defense twice. Show me where the Dream impacted the Rockets defense like that.

I'll wait.
The info has been posted. You just keep duck and dodging the facts.

How about:

Bruce Bowen:

7x all-defense (5 first team)

finished ahead of Duncan in every DPOY voting from 04-08

David Robinson:

Excellent defensive player, former DPOY, rim protector

one or both of those guys were teammates from 1997-09.

First 2 seasons without them:

-8th and 11th defensive rating

When has Hakeem ever played with anything comparable to this? I'll wait.