PDA

View Full Version : Roy Hibbert trades!!

D-FENS
05-31-2014, 05:37 PM
IDEA 1

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert
2014 - Pick 57
2015 - First round pick

Portland trades:
Robin Lopez
Wes Matthews

Why? Portland gets a guy they wanted and some picks. They will need to find a shooting guard replacement in FA. Pacers get Lance insurance, and Lopez can probably play a similar ole to Hibbert
CT: Lopez/ Mahinmi
PF: West/ Scola
SF: George/ Matthews
SG: Stephenson/ Matthews
PG: Hill/ Watson

IDEA 2

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert

Cleveland trades:
Anderson Varejao
Jarrett Jack

Why? Cleveland gets a guy to help them compete now, and then they don;t have to draft Embiid. Take a flyer on NBA ready Parker. Pacers get a decent back-up pg, and Varejao can play the defense needed on Chris Bosh
CT: Varejao/ Mahinmi
SF: George/ ??
SG: Stephenson/ ??
PG: Hill/ Jack

IDEA 3

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert

Milwaukee trades:
Larry Sanders
OJ Mayo
Pick 31

Why? Milwaukee gets to compete now (hopefully). They get rid of two guys they want to trade. Pacers get Lance insurance/depth, and Sanders is a reclamation project
CT: Sanders/ Mahinmi
SG: Stephenson/ Mayo

IDEA 4

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert
CJ Watson

New York trades:
Tyson Chandler
Pablo Prigioni

Why? New York gets a guy that suits the triangle and can anchor a defense. Pacers get a flexible p+r defender and a good defender at the point guard.
CT: Chandler/ Mahinmi
PG: Hill/ Watson/ Prigioni

IDEA 5

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert

LA Clippers trade:
DeAndre Jordan
Jared Dudley

Why? Clippers get a smarter player who can play half court basketball and can shoot free throws. Pacers get a young guy with potential in Jordan and some wing depth/3&D
CT: Jordan/ Mahinmi
SF: George/ Dudley

IDEA 6

Indiana trades:
Roy Hibbert
2016 unprotected 1st
2018 unprotected 1st

Atlanta trades:
Al Horford
Lou Williams

Why? Atlanta gets a center finally, someone who Danny Ferry would be quite excited to build around short-term and surround with shooters. Horford was injured, again, and I could see the Hawks cutting ties for a massive trade like this. Those 1st round picks are very valuable.
Indiana puts it all on the line to win next season. Horford is a huge upgrade over Hibbert, shoots a very high percentage, plays above average defense, and would be an excellent option on Bosh. Lou Williams looked bad this year and would be thrown in to make the Pacers take back more salary than they send out.
CT: Horford/ Mahinmi
SG: Stephenson/ Williams

In all situations except the Blazers trade, look to bring in a guy like PJ Tucker, Marvin Williams to back-up Paul George.

If you're a fan of the Pacers or you see your team on here, would you accept the trade?

atljonesbro
05-31-2014, 05:39 PM
IDEA 6

Why? Atlanta gets a center finally, someone who Danny Ferry would be quite excited to build around short-term and surround with shooters. Horford was injured, again, and I could see the Hawks cutting ties for a massive trade like this. Those 1st round picks are very valuable.
Indiana puts it all on the line to win next season. Horford is a huge upgrade over Hibbert, shoots a very high percentage, plays above average defense, and would be an excellent option on Bosh. Lou Williams looked bad this year and would be thrown in to make the Pacers take back more salary than they send out.
CT: Horford/ Mahinmi
SG: Stephenson/ Williams

In all situations except the Blazers trade, look to bring in a guy like PJ Tucker, Marvin Williams to back-up Paul George.

If you're a fan of the Pacers or you see your team on here, would you accept the trade?
Atlanta trades a top 5 center in the league AND picks for a trashcan?

D-FENS
05-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Atlanta trades a top 5 center in the league AND picks for a trashcan?

No, Atlanta gets Hibbert and 2 future picks (2016 and 2018) for Horford.
They also save some money.

Those Indiana picks could be very valuable if the team plays crap without Hibbert
Plus, Al Horford has missed a LOT of games over the last 3 seasons.
2011/12: 11/56
2012/13: 73/82
2013/14: 29/82
TOTAL: 113/220 or 51.3%

buddha
05-31-2014, 05:50 PM
nobody is going to trade for hibbert, that dude is trash.

atljonesbro
05-31-2014, 05:50 PM

Those Indiana picks could be very valuable if the team plays crap without Hibbert
Read backwards whoops. Still, I'd never want the Hawks to trade Horford for Hibbert.

no pun intended
05-31-2014, 05:52 PM
lmao at the clippers trade.

gyu
05-31-2014, 05:52 PM
IIndiana pulls a robbery on all those trades. I'm afraid I will have to veto all of them due to basketball reasons

zoom17
05-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Dude is trash:oldlol:

UK2K
05-31-2014, 06:11 PM
No team wants a black hole for 16m a year for the next three years, so every team declines those trades.

kurple
05-31-2014, 06:12 PM
mcgee + something

BasedTom
05-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Good luck Indiana

Rubio2Gasol
05-31-2014, 06:19 PM
This dide is making 15 million a year averaging 11 and 7 :lol:, For reference, Kendrick Perkins once put up 11 and 8 in Boston :lol:

No one trading for this fool.

LAZERUSS
05-31-2014, 06:22 PM
IIndiana pulls a robbery on all those trades. I'm afraid I will have to veto all of them due to basketball reasons

Hell, the LEAGUE would probably veto those trades.

Marchesk
05-31-2014, 06:23 PM

Is that you Silver?

SwishSquared
05-31-2014, 06:30 PM
mcgee + something
I don't think Bird considers that offer-doesn't McGee have ~$23M/2 left on his deal? He's a bit of a project still, too, so that's a bit much for a big man with (in my opinion) few refined basketball skills. Plus he hasn't been healthy all year. Maybe Mozgov + Chandler + Fournier + pick would start to get his attention, since they gain some flexibility next summer due to the team options on those contracts for 2015-2016.

BuffaloBill
05-31-2014, 06:33 PM
San Antonio is willing to trade a pair Matt Bonner's new balances and two snakes from the locker room for Hibbert. We're losing out a lot in this trade though so indiana better act fast.

Rubio2Gasol
05-31-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't think Bird considers that offer-doesn't McGee have ~$23M/2 left on his deal? He's a bit of a project still, too, so that's a bit much for a big man with (in my opinion) few refined basketball skills. Plus he hasn't been healthy all year. Maybe Mozgov + Chandler + Fournier + pick would start to get his attention, since they gain some flexibility next summer due to the team options on those contracts for 2015-2016.

I actually think this would be a good deal, just not if they want to compete right now. Indiana is proably the best team in the league at pure player development, other than maybe San Antonio, someone with McGee's athletic tools could be very good after spending a couple years there.

Milbuck
05-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Hibbert is getting seriously underrated here. He played like utter shit this season, but almost all of it is mental. When his head's on straight, he's pretty valuable. There was so much garbage going around with that team, it's hard to put all the blame on him. I think a change of scenery would do wonders for him. He can still be an elite defensive anchor in the NBA, he just needs to get away from batshit crazy players like Lance, irresponsible pseudo-superstars like PG, and whatever the **** Evan Turner is. Portland is understandably going to stay away from him but I think he would be a good fit there.

zoom17
05-31-2014, 06:50 PM
Hibbert is getting seriously underrated here. He played like utter shit this season, but almost all of it is mental. When his head's on straight, he's pretty valuable. There was so much garbage going around with that team, it's hard to put all the blame on him. I think a change of scenery would do wonders for him. He can still be an elite defensive anchor in the NBA, he just needs to get away from batshit crazy players like Lance, irresponsible pseudo-superstars like PG, and whatever the **** Evan Turner is. Portland is understandably going to stay away from him but I think he would be a good fit there.

He sucks.

Rekindled
05-31-2014, 06:56 PM
tyson chandler+jr+ felton for Hibert+scola+copeland+ pacers pick next year+2nd rounder this year.

UK2K
05-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Compare this season to any other hes played...

Then compare his salary to other centers who averaged 11 and 7...

And you'll quickly realize why hes essentially untradeable.

The Pacers would need to give up picks in order for someone to take him.

No Evans!
05-31-2014, 07:41 PM

It's still trash.

D-FENS
06-01-2014, 07:55 AM

I can't believe I'm going to agree with Millbuck.
Hibbert is becoming vastly underrated on ISH. I like to make fun of him as well, but there was a myriad of issues with the Pacers. From inept entry passes, defenses lapses by everyone, shot jacking by George, Stephenson and ill-advised shots by Hill, giving Hibbert the ball up close to the three point line.

Not to say Hibbert is not to blame at all. He was passive at times, didn't fight for position enough, and needed to take a stand - demand the ball from Lance and Paulina.

IN the right situation, Hibbert would help turn a team around

D-FENS
06-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Gonna bring Horford onto my Pacers in NBA2K14 maybe try trade up for Jordan Adams too. Gonna dominant. Look at me like a dominate MFer.

Mass Debator
06-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Chalmers + Birdman + Picks :rockon:

D-FENS
06-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Chalmers + Birdman + Picks :rockon:

If Birdman was younger, this wouldn't be so bad.

T_L_P
06-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't even trade Bonner for him.

Haymaker
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Hibber for Tyson Chandler straight up. Then sign Kendall Marshall.