PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers Reportedly Receiving Calls About Kyrie Irving Trades

LeBron 06
05-31-2014, 07:51 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2081874-cleveland-cavaliers-reportedly-receiving-calls-about-kyrie-irving-trades?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

hawkfan
05-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Next year will be interesting with the Irving-Waiters-Bennett-Thompson-Embiid starting unit.

It could work. Or it could be a disaster.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 07:57 PM
I know the lakers can't trade their pick but can they draft a player for the cavs and then trade him during the draft?

Lakers pick for Kyrie..

Gives cavs 2 top 10 picks, don't have to take back any unwanted salary.

:cheers:

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 07:58 PM
We'll give Bosh and Cole for Kyrie

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM
I know the lakers can't trade their pick but can they draft a player for the cavs and then trade him during the draft?

Lakers pick for Kyrie..

trading Kyrie for the 7th pick :roll:

Trentknicks
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM

Lakers pick for Kyrie..

I think I prefer it when you guys just make up shit about Dwight.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 08:04 PM
I think I prefer it when you guys just make up shit about Dwight.

Cheers on your first round picky this year, y'all deserve it after such a shitty season :cheers:

Oh wait

LoneyROY7
05-31-2014, 08:05 PM

Lakers pick for Kyrie..

:roll: :roll: :roll: Lakers fans.

The_Yearning
05-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Kyrie doesn't have winner's DNA. He got that CP3 syndrome.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 08:07 PM
trading Kyrie for the 7th pick :roll:

Shaq was once traded for Lamar Odom and Caron Butler

When players want out anything can happen

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Shaq was once traded for Lamar Odom and Caron Butler

When players want out anything can happen
shaq demanded a trade tho. has irving asked to leave?

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 08:10 PM
shaq demanded a trade tho. has irving asked to leave?

Well if you read the article you'd have seen that Kyrie and his camp have made it kind of obvious that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland

Doesn't look like he's going to resign

Cocaine80s
05-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Well if you read the article you'd have seen that Kyrie and his camp have made it kind of obvious that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland

Doesn't look like he's going to resign
Don't they have one more year with kyrie?

That's a lot different with the shaq situation because he demanded to be traded. So they obviously weren't going to get what they wanted in such a short time span

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Don't they have one more year with kyrie?

That's a lot different with the shaq situation because he demanded to be traded. So they obviously weren't going to get what they wanted in such a short time span

yeah this would be their last year to convince him to stay i think

but as time goes on and we are half way through next season and it gets more and more clear that Kyrie is leaving in free agency it will be impossible to get anything close to equal value.

Cavs can't afford to lose Kyrie in free agency, and if he won't commit to re signing they might as well trade him.

Kyrie wants the max, Cavs apparently don't want to give him the max.. if this is true then they need to trade him as soon as they can

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24572043/report-cavs-dont-want-to-give-kyrie-irving-maximum-extension

My son Mychel, who is good friends with Kyrie since they played together in Cleveland, says that Kyrie said that if he did leave the Cavaliers, and the rookie-scale contract that he’s on right now, he would definitely do it for the Lakers.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kyrie-irving-willing-to-leave-cleveland-for-la/2014/02/11/

poido123
05-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Cleveland need to keep him at all costs.

Trying to replace a guy like that with his talent will be near impossible.

They need him to build with Embiid and co.

TheMarkMadsen
05-31-2014, 08:34 PM
If the Lakers sign Byron Scott i see Kyrie joing the team

Akrazotile
05-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Cleveland need to keep him at all costs.

Trying to replace a guy like that with his talent will be near impossible.

They need him to build with Embiid and co.

Wtf is this shit. Keep him at all costs? Near impossible to replace him?

Kyrie Irving?

:facepalm

Trentknicks
05-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Is this a serious thread?

AKADS
05-31-2014, 08:43 PM
The Cavs hold all the cards. Even after his rookie contract The Cavs can match any offer that is made to him. So assuming he takes the same type of contract we are seeing these max players sign with an opt out after 3 years, that means the Cavs keep him for 3 more years after this contract. Why rush a trade with someone who has no leverage to force one.

gts
05-31-2014, 09:00 PM
The Cavs hold all the cards. Even after his rookie contract The Cavs can match any offer that is made to him. So assuming he takes the same type of contract we are seeing these max players sign with an opt out after 3 years, that means the Cavs keep him for 3 more years after this contract. Why rush a trade with someone who has no leverage to force one.
they hold the cards if he signs the contract.. he's locked in for 5 years (max deal) but if he refuses to sign the contract then the Cavs are screwed (assuming if he really wants out)

Do you really think they'd keep an unhappy player on their roster, who's only going to be even grumpier the longer he stays? You don't force a guy to stay on your team when he wants out, that's franchise suicide because it effects the whole squad...

He's been unhappy there for years now, his camp has been dropping hints for a couple years that he's gone first chance he gets.

Freakzilla
05-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Kyrie sucks. Trade him while he still has value.

poido123
05-31-2014, 09:05 PM

Kyrie Irving?

If you can't understand why Cavs must keep Kyrie on their team, your brain might be a little on the slow side.

poido123
05-31-2014, 09:08 PM
they hold the cards if he signs the contract.. he's locked in for 5 years (max deal) but if he refuses to sign the contract then the Cavs are screwed (assuming if he really wants out)

Do you really think they'd keep an unhappy player on their roster, who's only going to be even grumpier the longer he stays? You don't force a guy to stay on your team when he wants out, that's franchise suicide because it effects the whole squad...

He's been unhappy there for years now, his camp has been dropping hints for a couple years that he's gone first chance he gets.

Winning will change that you would think. Embiid should be enough to get him excited about the future, but I guess we don't know what goes through Kyrie's head. He would be silly to leave Embiid behind.

If he continues to have issues with the team, then I guess you have to trade him as last resort.

AKADS
05-31-2014, 09:24 PM

He will sign an offer sheet with someone if he doesn't sign with the Cavs. When the Cavs match now they can trade him with 3 to 5 years left on his contract. This would help his value in any trade market.

And no I don't think he would pull a Vince and stop playing hard. I do believe the he or Waiters need to be traded.

It the Cavs do what most people think they are going to do and draft Joel Embiid. Then you package Dion, AV, Bennet or Tristan for a All Star level player. Cavs need to manage there roster now. They aren't going to win without some more veteran leadership

coin24
05-31-2014, 09:53 PM

Eric Gordon comes to mind:oldlol:

But yeah if Kyrie really wants out they should trade him now while his value is pretty high.. The Cavs need to make changes they cant just add Embiid and a new coach and expect to make the playoffs..
They need some vets and im not sure the dion/kyrie duo will ever work:confusedshrug:

gts
05-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Winning will change that you would think. Embiid should be enough to get him excited about the future, but I guess we don't know what goes through Kyrie's head. He would be silly to leave Embiid behind.

If he continues to have issues with the team, then I guess you have to trade him as last resort.

Probably... would/should... He's getting a new coach so that might help but I guess it depends on what his problem actually is...

VIntageNOvel
05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
kyrie is a superstar (diva),
he loves spotlight
no doubt he would love to be a lakers once his contract is up

secund2nun
05-31-2014, 10:49 PM

Kyrie Irving?

Didn't you hear? He's a SUPERDUPER STAR MAN! He deserves 20 million a year. He wills his team to victory and is a once in generation talent.

secund2nun
05-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Kyrie sucks. Trade him while he still has value.

If they are smart they will do this and look back and laugh that they traded this generation's Starbury for a bounty.

jbryan1984
05-31-2014, 10:54 PM
If we got good assests for him, I wouldn't cry about it. Do I feel he deserves a max contract? Well, he certainly has gained a lot of awards/achievements for as young as he is but I certainly don't feel he has proven he can lead a team or be a top 5 PG in the league, even though he for sure has the potential to be that. I get what the Cavs FO is thinking, they don't want what LeBron did to happen again.

Only way I would trade him is if he absolutley wanted out. If not, I would wait and see what teams throw at him next summer. You can always match it as he is restricted.

rogmatic
05-31-2014, 11:13 PM
Kyrie could to either way in his career - he has so much talent but it is unclear if he will ever overcome his weaknesses. I would definitely be tempted to traded him and go with a more traditional pass first PG.

NattyPButter
05-31-2014, 11:27 PM
wouldn't care if he left or stayed. I feel like Dion is a better passer then him and if giving enough shot attempts he would score high points just like Kyrie. Trade him for MCW and 76's pick. Start over.

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
No chance he gets traded unless he refuses an extension. It can't even be offered until July, so...

Really a non-story.

Sarcastic
06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
No chance he gets traded unless he refuses an extension. It can't even be offered until July, so...

Really a non-story.

If they don't offer him a max, and someone else does, he can walk away for nothing.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 01:01 AM
If they don't offer him a max, and someone else does, he can walk away for nothing.
Not true. They can still match any offer. And there is 0.00% chance of that happening anyway.

So...

All Net
06-01-2014, 01:08 AM
No need to move him when their future could be looking good heading forward. They have a potential star young duo there going forward.

Rubio2Gasol
06-01-2014, 01:10 AM
How about you trade Tellytubby.....

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 01:11 AM
How about you trade Tellytubby.....
...who's that?

JimmyMcAdocious
06-01-2014, 01:17 AM
...who's that?

Teletovic.

Kyrie and the 1st overall for Tellytubby. Who says no?

Rubio2Gasol
06-01-2014, 01:18 AM
...who's that?

http://dailyupperdecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/anthony-bennett-blows.jpg

:roll:

You're going to have to trade him sooner or later, that front court is an utter trainwreck.

ThatCoolKid
06-01-2014, 01:28 AM
...who's that?

I'm guessing Bennett.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 01:33 AM
[IMG]
You're going to have to trade him sooner or later, that front court is an utter trainwreck.
How many times did you watch Bennett play last year? I'm guessing zero.

Stick to what you know... whatever that is.

Meticode
06-01-2014, 02:21 AM
I hope Irving starts growing, because his style pf play he last two years isn't conducive for competitive basketball, but it's not like he's had major threats on offense to pass to. And the best head coach to direct an offense either.

Meticode
06-01-2014, 02:25 AM
I noticed the article had a report from Sam Amico. You can't believe anything he posts or leaks.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 02:54 AM
I hope Irving starts growing, because his style pf play he last two years isn't conducive for competitive basketball, but it's not like he's had major threats on offense to pass to. And the best head coach to direct an offense either.
I've criticized Kyrie when warranted, but it has gotten a little out of hand in the last six months. People are acting like he isn't still one of the most talented young players in the league.

It's like he showed so much promise in his first two seasons, not making another big leap in his third year has made him "old news" in a lot of today's "what have you done for me lately" sports crowd.

I don't want to sit here and accost Steph Curry, because he's an incredible player, but he was a rookie at the same age as Kyrie was this past season. He didn't really start getting the appreciation he deserved until midway through the 2013 season (when he was 24).

Kyrie has had some growing pains, but you don't give up on a player like that after he failed to live up to massive expectations as a 21-year-old... especially since he's likely to be paired with one of the most skilled true centers to be drafted in decades.

Why don't we see how this works before throwing the guy under the bus (not you, just in general).

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 02:57 AM
The Cavs need to move Tristain Thompson while they still can imo and try get something they actually need for him if that's possible.