PDA

View Full Version : If Kevin Durant hit the weights hard all summer, Postive or Negative?

TAZORAC
05-31-2014, 10:47 PM
Lets say Durant was too hit the weights all summer, put on 15 pounds of muscle, got stronger, but in doing so he had a decrease in stamina and a lost in some athleticism, do you think that would make him a better or a worse player?

Prometheus
05-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Lets say Durant was too hit the weights all summer, put on 15 pounds of muscle, got stronger, but in doing say he had a decrease in stamina and a lost in some athleticism, do you think that would make him a better or a worse player?

Why would lifting weights cause him a decrease in stamina and athleticism? It would likely do the opposite...

The only thing weight-lifting is likely to decrease is flexibility, and that's only if you become seriously bulky. 15 pounds of muscle would only make Durant look hungry as opposed to tapeworm.

Marchesk
05-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Lets say Durant was too hit the weights all summer, put on 15 pounds of muscle, got stronger, but in doing say he had a decrease in stamina and a lost in some athleticism, do you think that would make him a better or a worse player?

Worse, he plays basketball, not football. And he's a perimeter player. Doesn't need to bulk up. I don't know why a lot of basketball players bulk up as much as they do. I'd think you'd want to be leaner and quicker.

navy
05-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Better.

Noob Saibot
05-31-2014, 10:52 PM
positive, especially if he learn to play behind his back.

Prometheus
05-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Worse, he plays basketball, not football. And he's a perimeter player. Doesn't need to bulk up. I don't know why a lot of basketball players bulk up as much as they do. I'd think you'd want to be leaner and quicker.

He's a perimeter player who could maybe also play in the post but is too ****ing weak. Remember how much more effective LeBron became when he started posting up? Durant doesn't have that option right now because he is too skinny.

Lifting weights does not make a person slower. Where this idea comes from is a mystery to me.

pauk
05-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Why? He already apparently weighs as much as Serge Ibaka according to NBA.com.... :P

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 10:54 PM
He gets backed down so easily

Marchesk
05-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Lifting weights does not make a person slower. Where this idea comes from is a mystery to me.

So Lebron is as quick as he used to be? And his post game isn't that great.

Prometheus
05-31-2014, 11:00 PM

No LeBron is slightly less quick than he was a few years ago, but that's because 25 year olds are quicker than 29 year olds. He's not even bulkier than he was.

inclinerator
05-31-2014, 11:03 PM
he can always train his cns and gain strength without the mass

SHAQisGOAT
05-31-2014, 11:13 PM
Who knows? Plenty of players didn't really need that, plenty of them actually kept their weight down or went on to slim it.

He should work on his back-to-the-basket game really.. Even without the strength factor, it's not where it should be at.

tpols
05-31-2014, 11:17 PM
LeBron was already built as fvck.. Durant needs weight in lower body to seal off these small guys they put on him

BlkMambaGOAT
05-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Kd needs to build his thigh muscles...lest he does the worm and turnover the ball again:lol :lol :lol

Clyde
05-31-2014, 11:26 PM
C -irrelevant

SHAQisGOAT
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Iceman Gervin was also skinny and could feast in the post, much better than KD down-low... He was strong for his size/physique though, and played more SG.

TAZORAC
06-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Why would lifting weights cause him a decrease in stamina and athleticism? It would likely do the opposite...

The only thing weight-lifting is likely to decrease is flexibility, and that's only if you become seriously bulky. 15 pounds of muscle would only make Durant look hungry as opposed to tapeworm.

Clearly your a fat guy who's never played sports. When you put on weight/muscle your stamina decreases, if he ran marathons all summer his stamina would increase, but it wouldn't from putting on weight.

TAZORAC
06-01-2014, 04:28 AM
Iceman Gervin was also skinny and could feast in the post, much better than KD down-low... He was strong for his size/physique though, and played more SG.

That was the 70s when everybody when 90% of the players were FRAIL. Comeback to modern day basketball.

Cocaine80s
06-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Durant will never be good in the post because his lower body is way too ****ing weak.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Should hit the free throw line

Inactive
06-01-2014, 04:37 AM

The only thing weight-lifting is likely to decrease is flexibility, and that's only if you become seriously bulky. 15 pounds of muscle would only make Durant look hungry as opposed to tapeworm.He would have to move more weight around, and he would have more muscle to keep oxygenated, which means more strain on his cardiovascular system.

He's a perimeter player who could maybe also play in the post but is too ****ing weak. Remember how much more effective LeBron became when he started posting up? Durant doesn't have that option right now because he is too skinny.

Lifting weights does not make a person slower. Where this idea comes from is a mystery to me.If he increased his strength, he would probably become faster at full speed. The problem is that again he would likely weigh more, which means more inertia to overcome, and since strength doesn't scale linearly with mass increase, he would probably accelerate more slowly. He'd end up faster on the break, but his first step would likely suffer.

He currently looks too soft to me. He should be able to gain some muscle mass without gaining much weight, by fixing his diet, and lowering his bf%.

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Should hit the free throw line
This won't the extra muscle make it harder for him on flops to get as many calls?

russwest0
06-01-2014, 04:40 AM
lol he needs to take a damn break for starters.

he always plays summer ball an assload and it might not be worth it.

plus isn't team USA playing this year? I'd prefer he sit that out

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:41 AM
lol he needs to take a damn break for starters.

he always plays summer ball an assload and it might not be worth it.

plus isn't team USA playing this year? I'd prefer he sit that out
Russ no trolling, why do you think Durant struggled with his free throws?

bdreason
06-01-2014, 04:45 AM
He needs a post game.

j3lademaster
06-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Negative. Durant has a very narrow frame. Any bulk he adds will be too "forced". Guys like Lebron and Karl Malone had the frames from the get-go to add mass while maintaining most (if not all) of their speed and stamina- it came more naturally for those guys. Besides, Durant physically is fine. Dude is quicker than the average 2guard.

Maybe when he gets older and loses a step and is forced to play in the post, but for right now Durant in the reg season is one of the most effective scoring machines I've ever witnessed. Dude just needs to be more assertive in high pressure situations: something hard lifting won't do for him.

NZStreetBaller
06-01-2014, 06:16 AM
he's already a great player /scorer ...... it wouldnt change the outcome of the playoffs at all

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 06:18 AM
he's already a great player /scorer ...... it wouldnt change the outcome of the playoffs at all
A great post game wouldn't change the way he played?

S13M
06-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Get on HGH and train with Hakeem

AirFederer
06-01-2014, 08:45 AM
He needs to develop an inside game for chruch time buckets

iznogood
06-01-2014, 09:11 AM
He already put on a noticeable amount of mass in the last couple of years. Just look at his videos from 2 years ago, his upper body is noticeably bigger. He's an ectomorph, he'll never be able to put on much much lean muscle without great doses of anabolics and I don't think he will nor he should. He's a perimeter player, running around carrying additional body weight eventually wears you down. That could be the reason his FT% is worse.

That being said, he probably hits the weight pretty hard every summer. He's an elite athlete with a great working ethic.

SHAQisGOAT
06-01-2014, 11:39 AM
That was the 70s when everybody when 90% of the players were FRAIL. Comeback to modern day basketball.

Go troll somewhere else and stop talking about stuff you don't even a clue about, like basketball and its history.

MJ(Mean John)
06-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Way better.
And he needs to learn a good post Game,
Tired of him not backing down little guys. He's 6'11