PDA

View Full Version : People calling out Durant

RagaZ
05-31-2014, 11:33 PM
He played 50+ minutes ffs.

He's a human. Off course he will be tired at the end.

It's Brooks' fault that he didnt rest him enough in the first 3 quarters.

Anyway. Finals :rockon: F*ck off Miami.

russwest0
05-31-2014, 11:34 PM
lmao.

whens the last time a guy played 3000+ minutes in the regular season and won the title?

brooks worked him way too hard, specifically toward the end of the season

russwest0
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM
It would be cool if we got rid of conferences though.

Playing Grizzlies/Clippers/Spurs while Miami gets to play 3 shit teams sucks

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM

ROFL....dude was garbage tonight.

Has been garbage in so many big games. 7 turnovers? LOL...probably had 11 or 12 for real.

His 3rd qtr killed the Thunder...and he couldn't do shit without Westbrook on the court when the Spurs came back.

I like Durant, but he really needs to check himself into the weight room this summer and perhaps see a sports psychologist or something.

Should have been out in round 1...

CelticBaller
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Leave that to dirk

KG215
05-31-2014, 11:37 PM

And after playing aaround 40ish MPG in the regular season since January, and then upping that up to about 45 MPG in the playoffs, he's clearly worn down and out. Yes, he could've been better, but the load he was asked to carry this year was enormous. He's not the first superstar/transcendent talent to come off a great regular season and run out of gas and look worn out and bad at the end of his playoff run. Of course this is ISH, so there will be a ton of overreaction and complete ignoring of this being somewhat the trend for plenty of all-time great players in their younger years. Time for me to take an ISH hiatus until the day of game of the Finals.

orange_chicken
Why blame KD? Look at his supporting cast. Does he have a play maker guard like Wade or CP3? Does he have a reliable shooting big man like Bosh? One can only do so much. Scott Brook is a joke he needs to get fired.

russwest0

Has been garbage in so many big games. 7 turnovers? LOL...probably had 11 or 12 for real.

His 3rd qtr killed the Thunder...and he couldn't do shit without Westbrook on the court when the Spurs came back.

I like Durant, but he really needs to check himself into the weight room this summer and perhaps see a sports psychologist or something.

Lmfao.

Whens the last time a player who played 3000+ minutes in the RS won the Finals?

Not every team gets to play 3 shit teams before reaching the Finals.

TylerOO
****KKKK KEVINNNNN DURANNTTTTTTT

asdhfashflhh

hahaha!

JT123

Your team just got eliminated and the only thing you can think about is Miami. :facepalm PATHETIC!

Beastmode88
05-31-2014, 11:38 PM
Maybe next year. :(

EricGordon23
Leave that to dirk

Dirk championships 1 durant 0

Dr.J4ever
Durant's play has been disappointing. Westrook clearly seemed to take over in the latter part of this series....Wow!

raprap
Durant just dont have it in him. It is what seperates the all time greats.

JT123
05-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Why blame KD? Look at his supporting cast. Does he have a play maker guard like Wade or CP3? Does he have a reliable shooting big man like Bosh? One can only do so much. Scott Brook is a joke he needs to get fired.
:facepalm

dazzer87
Maybe next year. :(
Its always next year.......:roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
Leave that to dirk

Yea...and Dirk got killed for it.

Not Dirk's fault he didn't have Westbrook and Jackson bailing his ass out time and time again.

Durant once again wasn't the best player on his own team in a huge game. Usually when that happens you should win if you are as good as people claim you are.

KG215

Tonight was the first really just "awful" big (elimination or series clinching) game he's had in the playoffs. He was great in games 6 and 7 against the Grizzlies and great in game 6 against the Clippers.

CelticBaller
05-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Compare a 30 something year old to a 25 year old

What a genius :oldlol:

How many years did it take dirk to get that ring?

RoundMoundOfReb

Agreed. Would also like to add that his off ball defense was just awful and so was his inability to get open. Leonard just kept denying him the ball.

FLDFSU
Your team just got eliminated and the only thing you can think about is Miami. :facepalm PATHETIC!

:roll: :roll: Don't stop him...I want to see another meltdown!

JT123
05-31-2014, 11:41 PM

Not Dirk's fault he didn't have Westbrook and Jackson bailing his ass out time and time again.

Durant once again wasn't the best player on his own team in a huge game. Usually when that happens you should win if you are as good as people claim you are.
:oldlol: Ether!

Marlo_Stanfield
05-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Durant needs to learn to score without flopping or defenders being afraid of defending him.
he needs to cut the passing. hes a decent passer but when hes trying to force it it backfires mostly.
he needs to bulk up some so he can at least post up guards and slim players.
most important is improve defense and STOP freaking flopping.
i talked shit about Durant alot but that is mostly because he flops every game.
once he stops doing that i will support the guy. he seems to be okay as a human being, especially for an nba player.
not even lying.
till then hes a little punk tho:coleman:

Crimsonrain777
05-31-2014, 11:42 PM

he's a miami fan impersonating a durant stan

To4
05-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Durant doesnt have the ball in his hands in the last few minutes

BlkMambaGOAT
05-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Westbrook: 34 points
Reggie Jackson: 21 points
Serge Ibaka: 16 points
KD: 31 points
Perkins: 0 points.
Total: 105 of 107 of OKC's points

Niqqa if the Heat starting lineup were that good they'd be 12-0 in the playoffs by now:coleman: :coleman:

Beastmode88
Durant needs to learn to score without flopping or defenders being afraid of defending him.
he needs to cut the passing. hes a decent passer but when hes trying to force it it backfires mostly.
he needs to bulk up some so he can at least post up guards and slim players.
most important is improve defense and STOP freaking flopping.
i talked shit about Durant alot but that is mostly because he flops every game.
once he stops doing that i will support the guy. he seems to be okay as a human being, especially for an nba player.
not even lying.
till then hes a little punk tho:coleman:

:biggums: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lebroning

DMAVS41
Tonight was the first really just "awful" big (elimination or series clinching) game he's had in the playoffs. He was great in games 6 and 7 against the Grizzlies and great in game 6 against the Clippers.

I'm talking about game 4 against the Grizzlies...that series is over if he loses.

And game 5 vs the clippers...same thing

Just ran out of lives in the end. Can't play like that and win....the turnover rate all playoffs was horrendous, but it's made even worse by the fact that he was singled pretty much the entire playoffs.

Just can't do that against single coverage

LeBron 06
05-31-2014, 11:44 PM
lmao.

whens the last time a guy played 3000+ minutes in the regular season and won the title?

brooks worked him way too hard, specifically toward the end of the season

Paul Gasol has played 2999 minutes in 2009....

zoom17
http://abload.de/img/untitled-30es7u.gif

CelticBaller

Jason terry

PickernRoller
DURCHOKE is a fraud just like Lebron. Both are true Betas.

EricGordon23
05-31-2014, 11:45 PM

People compared to older players all the time? Why does durant get a pass?

BlkMambaGOAT
05-31-2014, 11:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://abload.de/img/untitled-30es7u.gif

JohnFreeman
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10294993_874122422616283_3544584109731478807_o.jpg

CelticBaller
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
People compared to older players all the time?
And they are idiots for doing it, you don't see any rational poster doing it.

eSOL
05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Get on Deezz Nutzz Russwest you bitch hahahahaha

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM

This has nothing to do with Dirk, but if it does...Dirk never had this kind of help.

Durant has been running with elite level help since 2011. So if you really want to go there...just don't

This is about Durant's play. I know the numbers will look nice, especially if you don't look at turnovers, but they really aren't great when you factor in minutes played and the fact that he was singled while also having a guy in Westbrook destroy teams at times that really drew a lot of attention.

Shit...WB scared the Spurs so much that they moved Leonard onto him and ran with Danny Green singling Durant!!!!!!!!!! That shouldn't work!

Durant should murk him for 50 if they do that to him.

KG215
05-31-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm talking about game 4 against the Grizzlies...that series is over if he loses.

And game 5 vs the clippers...same thing

Just ran out of lives in the end. Can't play like that and win....the turnover rate all playoffs was horrendous, but it's made even worse by the fact that he was singled pretty much the entire playoffs.

Just can't do that against single coverage
Singled the entire playoffs? Guess I missed that all the times teams sent an extra defender his way when he caught the ball because of OKC's severe lack of outside shooting. No need to stay true to perimeter players when none of them can make a f***ing jumpshot.

Why are you feeding into the overreaction trolling frenzy? You're better than that. As a fan of a player who has been unfairly killed on here before, and someone who has been a pretty big Durant fan and defender in the past, I guess I just expected more/better from you. I'm not saying Durant is completely immune from criticism, but when you play 3,000+ minutes in the regular season, then play 19 playoff games at about 45 MPG, it's reasonable to say that, to whatever degree you want to believe, some of him being caught off-guard, napping, lazy, passive, etc. can be explained by fatigue. And some of his offensive struggles can also be explained by a terrible coach incapable of coming up with a competent halfcourt offense after 7 years on the job and having almost ZERO floor spacing due to a lack of shooters on the team.

Again, Durant could've been a lot better in the playoffs. I'm not denying that. But this is FAR from the first time we've seen this from a player of his caliber under the pressure of the playoffs.

funnystuff
05-31-2014, 11:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/V3D7Piq.gif

coin24
05-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Swap KD and bran, same results last 4 years except heat win in 2011 and okc never make the finals:lol :lol

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Singled the entire playoffs? Guess I missed that all the times teams sent an extra defender his way when he caught the ball because of OKC's severe lack of outside shooting. No need to stay true to perimeter players when none of them can make a f***ing jumpshot.

Why are you feeding into the overreaction trolling frenzy? You're better than that. As a fan of a player who has been unfairly killed on here before, and someone who has been a pretty big Durant fan and defender in the past, I guess I just expected more/better from you. I'm not saying Durant is completely immune from criticism, but when you play 3,000+ minutes in the regular season, then play 19 playoff games at about 45 MPG, it's reasonable to say that, to whatever degree you want to believe, some of him being caught off-guard, napping, lazy, passive, etc. can be explained by fatigue. And some of his offensive struggles can also be explained by a terrible coach incapable of coming up with a competent halfcourt offense after 7 years on the job and having almost ZERO floor spacing due to a lack of shooters on the team.

Again, Durant could've been a lot better in the playoffs. I'm not denying that. But this is FAR from the first time we've seen this from a player of his caliber under the pressure of the playoffs.

Of course, but his fans were on me all year for not claiming he was better than Dirk/Kobe ever were.

This is why I didn't give in.

He played a lot worse than you are saying in my opinion, and yes...he was singled often. Every single player is going to have the defense collapse when you make a move. That is what it is.

And no, the Thunder don't have 0 floor spacing.

Brooks remains the biggest problem on the Thunder, but Durant's inability to work single coverage, especially by small players, is a serious weakness on this team.

He needs to fix that in the off season or this Thunder team is going to run up against the same problems next year even if they add a piece.

Also, I'd like to add that I called this all season. I knew having to run Fisher/Thabo/Butler out there a ton was going to come back to bit them in the ass. And yep...it did. Presti ****ed you guys over hugely not only for this year by not making a move...but potentially next year as well depending on how things shake out.

But we just disagree on how he played over the course of the entire playoffs. I thought he was really really bad in the key moments and was lucky to be alive by a couple huge bailouts by teammates and some of the most one sided reffing I've ever seen.

Now it's time for Durant/Thunder fans to take the beating...and a lot of them asked for it.

Westbrook was your best player in the playoffs...and like I said before, usually that means winning for players as great as Durant. To have the luxury of having a player as good or better for an entire deep playoff run...that is really a serious luxury and Durant squandered it in my opinion.

I've given him passes up until now in terms of grading him on championship first option scale...but not this year. Durant and his fans deserve what is coming...and hopefully it makes him a better player next year...because after Brooks and his inept coaching...the main problem with this team is Durant's toughness.

EricGordon23
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Swap KD and bran, same results last 4 years except heat win in 2011 and okc never make the finals:lol :lol

when durant leaves okc to hook up with a power house will see where your loyalty lies

jzek
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
This is why Miami coasted in the regular season.

jzek
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
when durant leaves okc to hook up with a power house will see where your loyalty lies

Westbrook isn't a powerhouse?
Harden (when he was with OKC) wasn't a powerhouse?

JZ600
05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
westbrook needs more help

dubeta
06-01-2014, 12:04 AM
westbrook needs more help

yea right now he's surrounded by role players/chokers

pmj
06-01-2014, 12:04 AM
DMavs you have been consistent and I agree.

Durant has been extremely underwhelming this playoffs. I didn't think he would have been as bad as he has been. His stats have largely been due to his minutes and the fact that OKCs offense relies on him and Westbrrok shot jacking.

I would like to see Durant in a real offense. His stats may go down but the team would be much better.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 12:10 AM
DMavs you have been consistent and I agree.

Durant has been extremely underwhelming this playoffs. I didn't think he would have been as bad as he has been. His stats have largely been due to his minutes and the fact that OKCs offense relies on him and Westbrrok shot jacking.

I would like to see Durant in a real offense. His stats may go down but the team would be much better.

Yea...I mean...I am piling on too much, but I have been consistent and also I have taken a lot of shit from Durant fans for not crowning him all year.

Kind of fun to say..."told you so"

I totally agree about Durant in a better team offense. His numbers would be worse, but he'd be a better player...same with Westbrook. That is why his numbers don't really reflect his actual impact. Especially because his lack of momentum making plays on either end isn't picked up...it was always Westbrook or Jackson making the biggest plays for the most part.

Having said all that about Durant...and he deserves a lot of criticism for the entire playoffs....

Brooks is still the big problem.

Just simple things...people don't get it. When the Thunder were up 2 with like 30 seconds left. The only thing you can't give up is a 3...you almost don't even care if they get a layup as long as it's not a lob. You make them catch in front of you and then give them a layup.

Worst case scenario is then Overtime. But Brooks runs a defense out there that gives up not only a wide open 3, but also the 2 for 1.

That shit can't happen. You only have so many chances to win these games and Brooks ****ed them there. Westbrook or Durant might have hit a game winner with 1 second left or less if they had played it properly.

He's a bad coach...avery johnson level bad....so I feel for Thunder fans...but the Thunder are also loaded and should be expected to do better.

LogicalFan
06-01-2014, 12:20 AM

Lol, and how many years did it take Dirk again? Patience, young Padawan.

Threethrows
06-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Pathetic excuses from Durant apologists :facepalm

orange_chicken
06-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Nikka of course KD's teammates had to step up but just because they had to doesn't mean there's reliable scorers like Wade, Allen, or Bosh on the Thunder. If Lebron's Cleveland team can win 60 plus during the regular season but lebron still gets an excuse from that ass whooping the Celtics and Magic gave them by having no help then no need to show me your garbage stats about these garbage OKC scrubs.

Westbrook: 34 points
Reggie Jackson: 21 points
Serge Ibaka: 16 points
KD: 31 points
Perkins: 0 points.
Total: 105 of 107 of OKC's points

Niqqa if the Heat starting lineup were that good they'd be 12-0 in the playoffs by now:coleman: :coleman:

LBJ4MVP23
06-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Nikka of course KD's teammates had to step up but just because they had to doesn't mean there's reliable scorers like Wade, Allen, or Bosh on the Thunder. If Lebron's Cleveland team can win 60 plus during the regular season but lebron still gets an excuse from that ass whooping the Celtics and Magic gave them by having no help then no need to show me your garbage stats about these garbage OKC scrubs.

Did KD average 35-8-8 like LBJ did vs the Magic?

How does Mo Williams and Varajo compare to Westbrook and Ibaka?

Idiot.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Did KD average 35-8-8 like LBJ did vs the Magic?

How does Mo Williams and Varajo compare to Westbrook and Ibaka?

Idiot.

Did kd 3 pts in the 4th quarter like lbj did vs jason eugene terry?

How does dwade and bosh compare to dirk and jj

Idiot

hiphopfan777
06-01-2014, 01:22 AM
The heat did not play shit teams. Bobcats sixth in defense, pacers first in defense. Nets very good veteran hall if famers team.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:27 AM
The heat did not play shit teams. Bobcats sixth in defense, pacers first in defense. Nets very good veteran hall if famers team.

Only one of those teams sniffs the playoffs in the West...and the Pacers are hardly a lock to make it. If you swap the Grizzlies and Pacers....there is a real chance the Pacers miss the playoffs in the West.

j3lademaster
06-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Why blame KD? Look at his supporting cast. Does he have a play maker guard like Wade or CP3? Does he have a reliable shooting big man like Bosh? One can only do so much. Scott Brook is a joke he needs to get fired.:roll: :roll: :roll:

That's why Durant was -3 and his "supporting cast player" Russel Westbrook was +11 right? Thunder need a new coach and new identity. Get rid of Perkins, make Durant your reg season workhorse unless he can improve mentally. Until then Durant needs to take a backseat to WB come playoff time. Durant was disinterested when Spurs made runs and started panic-chucking. I mean, that's the first sign to stop forcing the guy the ball. He gets a huge mismatch and calls for the ball, sure; but if he's just disinterested and panic-chucking you need an actual system to fall back on.

NumberSix
06-01-2014, 01:38 AM
People are overstating Dran being bad in this game. People who are saying he was str8 terrible are being idiots. It's a problem that he's able to be guarded by much shorter guys, but other than that he was fine. Stop acting like he was bad on an epic scale.

Droid101
06-01-2014, 01:38 AM

1-8 in the West would beat Miami. Also, the Suns and Wolves (if healthy) would as well.

Lakers too if Nick Young went into his stupid anti-tanking godmode every game and Kobe/Nash decided to play in the series.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Miami wouldn't struggle in the West