PDA

View Full Version : Are we all forgetting Tony Parker got injured?

Springsteen
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Obviously we don't if it's serious or not, but if it is Spurs are boned. Tony Parker is integral to running an uptempo offense against the Heat, and doing that coming off an injury could be difficult.

Beastmode88
Tony parker being injured was why the spurs won tonight.

Clyde
Obviously we don't if it's serious or not, but if it is Spurs are boned. Tony Parker is integral to running an uptempo offense against the Heat, and doing that coming off an injury could be difficult.

......4 days.

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
I hope its not the series, with a healthy Parker no one is beating the Spurs, but if hes done for the finals Id reconsider my prediction.

DMAVS41
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Considering that the Spurs were just way better without Parker vs the Thunder...I really question if he was actually hurt and it wasn't just a genius move by Pop.

BlackVVaves
05-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Considering that the Spurs were just way better without Parker vs the Thunder...I really question if he was actually hurt and it wasn't just a genius move by Pop.

I thought this as well.

Byobob
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Any news about his injury?

RIP CITY
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM
I certainly haven't forgot about it, it's huge for this Finals Series. He's going to need to be on top of his game, every player on the Spurs is going to have to be on top of their game to beat the Heat. In the end I don't think it matter much either way though, Miami is winning, unfortunately.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-01-2014, 01:14 AM

:applause:

inclinerator
06-01-2014, 01:17 AM
proof u can replace the machine with any parts

pop :bowdown: :bowdown:

Young X
06-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Parker has to be the only "top 10 player" whose team can win two closeout games basically without him. That's not fair. :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Parker has to be the only "top 10 player" whose team can win two closeout games basically without him. That's not fair. :facepalm

ahahhaa

tonight could not have come at a better time for our previous conversation with tpols earlier.

imagine the backlash those other top 10 players would get if this happened.

yet...did anyone ever once watching the 2nd half think;

"damn...the Spurs really need Parker"???

I know I didn't...they just looked way better without him and honestly have all series. He hurts them defensively and he dribbles way too much against Westbrook.

All Net
06-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Even him missing one game could cost them against Miami in a series.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-01-2014, 01:23 AM
I love Parker, think he's a vital part to SA's system. But I've been a big fan of Joseph since last year. I think he has huge potential defensively and running a system/dribble driving. I gotta admit I didn't expect Patty Mills to be as good as he's been. I think even w/ Parker hurt, SA's PG position should be fine vs. Miami.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Even him missing one game could cost them against Miami in a series.

Perhaps, but it could also win them the series.

Mills/Joseph is hardly poor...and it just means more Manu with the ball which is either a great thing or a bad thing.

The Spurs are without a doubt better defensively without Parker...and on offense it just depends on what Parker you are going to get. He's so inconsistent that him missing a game or two could either be a big deal in a bad way...or potentially a blessing (just like tonight)

I honestly think tonight was just the greatest coaching move we've ever seen. I think Pop shut Parker down because he knew they are better without him vs the Thunder.

tpols
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
The spurs need parker against Miami.. whose dribbling against pressure?? Manus better than last year true. But patty mills against a chalmers/bran trap? Thats turnover city. They wont be able to handle it.

When they started pressing danny green he went from record breaking to ice cold.. you guys are underestimating Miami's perimeter defense. Its way tighter than OKC's.

Milbuck
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
The Spurs desperately need him against Miami. They may have looked better without him tonight, but that's the matchup. Westbrook is just a nightmare, however you want to twist it. Ball-dominant point guards will just always be out of their comfort zones when he's opposite them. The system will flow better with ball movement rather than TP's excessive dribbling. But that's exactly what they'll need against Miami. Miami's going to trap the shit out of everyone on the perimeter, they need that go-to ball handler.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:39 AM
The spurs need parker against Miami.. whose dribbling against pressure?? Manus better than last year true. But patty mills against a chalmers/bran trap? Thats turnover city. They wont be able to handle it.

When they started pressing danny green he went from record breaking to ice cold.. you guys are underestimating Miami's perimeter defense. Its way tighter than OKC's.

Of course they need him, but there are legit reasons why they are better without him at times.

What Danny Green does is on Green himself. Not Parker nor Magic Johnson is going to do anything about him peeing his pants under pressure again.

tpols
06-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Of course they need him, but there are legit reasons why they are better without him at times.

What Danny Green does is on Green himself. Not Parker nor Magic Johnson is going to do anything about him peeing his pants under pressure again.

And the only reason for that, as you brought up earlier, is because hes had to face a 6'4 beast with MJ athleticism in the last round.. of course he was outmatched physically there. Against Miami, that disadvantage does not exist though dude.. they fkin need him.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:52 AM
And the only reason for that, as you brought up earlier, is because hes had to face a 6'4 beast with MJ athleticism in the last round.. of course he was outmatched physically there. Against Miami, that disadvantage does not exist though dude.. they fkin need him.

Nobody is denying that dude.

All I said was that for a game or two...it could be a huge loss...or it could be a blessing in disguise.

More burn for Joseph/Mills/Manu is not a for sure worse thing for a game or two in a series for the Spurs...regardless of opponent.

Could they win the whole series without him? No...I don't think they could. But could they steal a road win in 2 chances without him for 2 straight games? Absolutely....in my opinion.

Artillery
06-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Most overrated Spur of all-time. Spurs have been more of a big two(Duncan/Manu) instead of a big three. Parker has probably hurt them more than he's helped in the playoffs.

Ancient Legend
06-01-2014, 02:26 AM
I think it was a great move by Pop. Yeah he was hobbling during warmups, but everytime Parker went past Westbrook, Russ poked the ball from behind. Dude was overwhelmed by WB's speed and flat out sucked against him.

Corey Joseph has shown he can stay in front of WB and also drive past him.

rmt
06-01-2014, 02:36 AM
After he stupidly went one on one vs Westbrooke and turned the ball over, maybe Pop did pull him. If he's going to be stupid and ball hog like that, it's best he sit vs OKC.

Vs MIA, he is absolutely needed. The PG spot is one of the few advantages SAS has vs MIA. Parker needs to command double teams to free up a team mate.

ihatetimthomas
06-01-2014, 02:47 AM
Perhaps, but it could also win them the series.

Mills/Joseph is hardly poor...and it just means more Manu with the ball which is either a great thing or a bad thing.

The Spurs are without a doubt better defensively without Parker...and on offense it just depends on what Parker you are going to get. He's so inconsistent that him missing a game or two could either be a big deal in a bad way...or potentially a blessing (just like tonight)

I honestly think tonight was just the greatest coaching move we've ever seen. I think Pop shut Parker down because he knew they are better without him vs the Thunder.

If you are insinuating that the Corey Joseph and Patty Mills are anywhere close to the impact Parker is, you really have to be out of your mind. Yes, they won tonight with Parker being a non factor. But they will not be in the game playing the best team in the biz and the best player in the biz. Its laughable that you can think Patty Mills and Corey Joseph are adequate replacements and that they are better at times without Parker. They are never a better team without Parker. Parker has been their best player for some time, they have no chance without him.

Hoopz2332
06-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Only thing hurt about Parker was his pride. Pop took him out because Westbrook was killing him:oldlol:

Nash
06-01-2014, 11:30 AM
With Parker there he Miami will have to put Lebron on him sooner or later and that could be huge for the Spurs because it takes A LOT of Lebron's energy to run around after a healthy Parker.

Or Norris Cole's improved defence is the truth and Parker won't be as dangerous to Miami as he was last year.

Kidbasketball20
06-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Tony parker being injured was why the spurs won tonight.

Such an idiot poster :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:26 PM
If you are insinuating that the Corey Joseph and Patty Mills are anywhere close to the impact Parker is, you really have to be out of your mind. Yes, they won tonight with Parker being a non factor. But they will not be in the game playing the best team in the biz and the best player in the biz. Its laughable that you can think Patty Mills and Corey Joseph are adequate replacements and that they are better at times without Parker. They are never a better team without Parker. Parker has been their best player for some time, they have no chance without him.

You are really over-rating Parker.

And yes...Mills/Joseph with Manu getting more burn is an adequate replacement for Parker. It's not better against the Heat, but it was definitely better all series against the Thunder.

The Spurs defense is just flat out better regardless...and noticeably so without him. And Parker's offense at times gets too much dribble dribble dribble and takes the Spurs out of the movement. He's also wildly inconsistent game to game and nobody ever mentions it.

The Spurs offense in both the regular season and playoffs this year has improved with parker on the bench.

Those on/off ratings in the playoffs are tough because of the small sample size and variance in blow outs and stuff like that, but all regular season as well is enough to start mentioning it.

Same thing with defense. Parker goes to the bench and the Spurs improve defensively in both the regular season and playoffs.

I'm not saying they are better without him, but this isn't some;

"oh my god...the Spurs can't win a game without Parker"

Scenario...

K Xerxes
06-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Best PG in the league my ass. I don't think there's a more overrated player than him in the league today. Any good game is blown out of proportion, and any subpar game (which are many) is swept under the carpet because the Spurs are good enough to win anyway. Watch we hear the 'injury' excuse like last year when the Heat lock him down.