PDA

View Full Version : Time To Blow Up The Thunder

Aidz
05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
How Do We Fix This Team?

1. Fire Scotty Brooks - He Has To Go

2. Trade Durant - Westbrook Is The true Mvp Of This Team. You Can Find A Good Package To Fit Around Westbrook By Trading Durant

Trade Idea: Durant For Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green + Whatever

G Westbrook
G Danny Green
F Sugar K
F Ibaka
C Adams
-----------
Reggie Jackson
Jeremy Lamb

Tell Me This Team Wouldn't Win A Championship
Westbrook + Sugar K = Jordan And Pippen
Green Stretching The Floor Allowing Westbrook To Dominate The Ball
Ibaka And Adams For Those Rebounds
Best Defensive Team In The League
Dat Hustle

Get It Done!

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 11:49 PM
I dont think Spurs should trade Leonard and Green for Durant, thats too much of a price. If they want Durant, a Leonard for Durant deal is more than sufficient, Id actually just trade Green for Durant straight-up if possible.
:rolleyes:

imdaman99
05-31-2014, 11:50 PM
lol this is the first time I've seen the trade Durant ideas :oldlol:

You don't trade an MVP :facepalm

Chizdog
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM

stfu fggot Westbrook is the MVP.

imdaman99
05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
stfu fggot Westbrook is the MVP.
Fool, I prefer Westbrook easily over Durant but you don't trade an MVP

knicksman
06-01-2014, 12:00 AM
LOL at westbrook being MVP. OKC has never been consistent since westbrook came back which is a definition of cancer. No team is winning with him just like no team is winning with iverson, arenas of this league. But I guess there are just idiots who think these guys are superstars of this league.

D-Rose
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
What a stupid ****ing thread. Durant/WB/Ibaka must stay as the core. They need a stronger coach with an established system.

Aidz
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM

Seriously though, tell me this team wouldn't win a chip.

Young across the floor. Defense everywhere. All hustlers. Perfectly balanced. Scoring talent off the bench.

And the Spurs are looking for new era after Duncan/Pop/Manu. (Parker still has a few more years). They can build around Durant for the next decade.

Let Westbrook run freeeeeeeeeee

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 12:02 AM
No pass for Durant, a top 5 pg/ 2nd option, Ibaka is a beast and Mr. October is the best 4th option ever. Yes the rest of the team is kinda lacking, but those 4 alone should take u to the finals at least.

poido123
06-01-2014, 12:03 AM
I scratch my head as to why the thunder didn't look into getting a guy like Varejao before the deadline.

They need a rebounding, hustle player who can bang down low and scrap.

I'd look at trading Westbrook. During critical stages of the game, Westbrook will look to be the alpha and ignore the MVP. A true point guard would help with the flow of the passing and utilise Durant better.

IMO Westbrook and Durant are not a good match.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Sure you do. I think Wilt was traded the year after he won MVP. It's not unprecedented.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2w370cx.jpg

Who says no?

OKC gets a former #1 pick and a PG to move GOATbrook to his natural position (positionally and in the lockerroom). Even drop some salary.
Knicks get their first superstar player since TMac.

RIP CITY
06-01-2014, 12:10 AM
They need an moderate to solid low post scorer, more reliable bench players and Durant/Westbrook to do a better job keeping their teammates involved. That's from a players/roster standpoint. From a Coaching standpoint they need a better more disciplined Coach with a much better offensive system that's built around Durant/Westbrook but is less reliant on the Durant/Westbrook. It's all Kevin and Russell, no one else is really involved and no one else can create for themselves.

Their half court offense is stagnant with iso plays and relied entirely on Durant/Westbrook just outscoring the opposing team almost entirely on their own. They need better ball movement, most spacing, less turnovers and more balance among the supporting cast.

poido123
06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Sure you do. I think Wilt was traded the year after he won MVP. It's not unprecedented.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2w370cx.jpg

Who says no?

OKC gets a former #1 pick and a PG to move GOATbrook to his natural position (positionally and in the lockerroom). Even drop some salary.
Knicks get their first superstar player since TMac.

I'm worried that you aren't joking :(

sd3035
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
How Do We Fix This Team?

1. Fire Scotty Brooks - He Has To Go

2. Trade Durant - Westbrook Is The true Mvp Of This Team. You Can Find A Good Package To Fit Around Westbrook By Trading Durant

Trade Idea: Durant For Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green + Whatever

G Westbrook
G Danny Green
F Sugar K
F Ibaka
C Adams
-----------
Reggie Jackson
Jeremy Lamb

Tell Me This Team Wouldn't Win A Championship
Westbrook + Sugar K = Jordan And Pippen
Green Stretching The Floor Allowing Westbrook To Dominate The Ball
Ibaka And Adams For Those Rebounds
Best Defensive Team In The League
Dat Hustle

Get It Done!

Spurs would never take that trade

D-Rose
06-01-2014, 12:15 AM
In a parallel universe where Westbrook/Durant weren't getting along...would this trade happen? Westbrook for Love/Rubio/what else?

LogicalFan
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Seriously though, tell me this team wouldn't win a chip.

Young across the floor. Defense everywhere. All hustlers. Perfectly balanced. Scoring talent off the bench.

And the Spurs are looking for new era after Duncan/Pop/Manu. (Parker still has a few more years). They can build around Durant for the next decade.

Let Westbrook run freeeeeeeeeee

Why? So he can shoot 11/41 every game? He was 8 of 23 from the field tonight and he shoots that inefficiently on the regular despite having someone like Durant drawing so much attention. He's an uber chucker, but a highlight factory so people love him.

I still can't help but think he's the Marbury to Durant's Garnett. If Westbrook's ego takes over and kills that friendship the way it did between Marbury and Garnett, we could see a historic blow up.

It's possible, however, that a better coach than Brooks can come in and work some magic.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Lol Fatty Felton And Bargnani For Kd? Do It Up Phil Give Them Next Years Pick And The Year After!

MrC1991
06-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Trade Durant? lmao come on stop it.

raprap
06-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Durant for bosh straight up. Durant would be great under lbj. :lol

LogicalFan
06-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Durant for bosh straight up. Durant would be great under lbj. :lol

Oh god, I'd stop watching the NBA lol

Aidz
06-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Pick one and only one.
Choose wisely.

http://i62.tinypic.com/23wmsdi.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2v01qbo.jpg

imdaman99
06-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Pick one and only one.
Choose wisely.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2v01qbo.jpg
What kinda bullshit is that? OKC projected to 73 wins with Love on the team :bowdown:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Westbrook + filler for Rondo + Green

DaSeba5
06-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Pick one and only one.
Choose wisely.

http://i62.tinypic.com/23wmsdi.jpg

+2 wins my ass. If that happened, Miami would never lose a series. Nobody is beating LeBron and Durant together. That's the perfect 1-2 combo. Then Wade as a 3rd wheel.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-01-2014, 01:17 AM
What a stupid ****ing thread. Durant/WB/Ibaka must stay as the core. They need a stronger coach with an established system.
WB + established system seem contradictory...

Anyway, I say:
- fire Brooks
- trade Westbrook for KLove or Horford or Al Jefferson or something!
- hire Lionel Hollins or George Karl or Fred Hoiberg