PDA

View Full Version : when will durant start receiving ringless jokes and a choker status lebron got at 24

Keno
06-01-2014, 12:09 AM
people are blaming scott brooks, westbrook, his supporting cast and no one is blaming durant. lebron was averaging 39/8/8 for a series and he was labeled a choker and would be ringless forever. it seems like the standard was high for one of these players.

Mr Exlax
06-01-2014, 12:10 AM
He won't because he doesn't have the same pressure by the media and fans that LeBron had at 24. He's simply not as good and everybody knows it. KD will get there eventually though.

Keno
06-01-2014, 12:12 AM
He won't because he doesn't have the same pressure by the media and fans that LeBron had at 24. He's simply not as good and everybody knows it. KD will get there eventually though.

so lebron was expected to win the title with a bum ass team while durant gets a pass for losing with a more stacked team. just doesn't make sense.

dubeta
06-01-2014, 12:13 AM
people are blaming scott brooks, westbrook, his supporting cast and no one is blaming durant. lebron was averaging 39/8/8 for a series and he was labeled a choker and would be ringless forever. it seems like the standard was high for one of these players.

And LeBron had a scrub team :lol

Its because deep down people know that Durant is not nearly as good as LeBron, even diehard Thunder fans know this, thats why Durant doesnt get the criticism.

Its Westbrook's team as far as i'm concerned

PickernRoller
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
No one was claiming Durant was the GOAT at age 24. Only mindless clowns like LeStans were.

Beastmode88
so lebron was expected to win the title with a bum ass team while durant gets a pass for losing with a more stacked team. just doesn't make sense.

so stack fisher had to guard diaw? :biggums:

DMAVS41
It's not all on Durant, but this year he deserves a lot of blame.

His team was there...and there are real reasons other than Durant why they didn't win, but I think he was pretty bad overall...despite the great stats and minutes played.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2014, 12:15 AM

Durant didn't wear shirts like "check my stats" and "earned not given". He's not insecure about his losses so no one is going to give him any shit for it.

Mr. Incredible
06-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Durant is not as good right now as LeBron was even at 24. It's just the truth.

Keno
06-01-2014, 12:18 AM

compared to the cavs team, this okc team is like the showtime lakers. and fisher was guarding diaw because of poor coaching, how does that make them less stacked?

VIntageNOvel
06-01-2014, 12:21 AM
if he played in eastern conference, he will, but he's not

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 12:22 AM
compared to the cavs team, this okc team is like the showtime lakers. and fisher was guarding diaw because of poor coaching, how does that make them less stacked?

so where was this stacked team during the game :rolleyes:

alfred choked hard in ot but let's not get it twisted that was the worst match up i've ever seen in 1 quarter. you got ibaka defending tim mfing duncan? :biggums: you got fisher guarding diaw? where was this stacked line up when it mattered?

Natureland
06-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Where is this revisionist history coming from that people were labeling LeBron a choker after 2009? He started getting majorly shitted on the following year after Game 5 against Boston where he played like he didn't give a ****. The worst criticism he got in 2009 was for not being a "good sport" by heading to the locker room after Game 6.

And please spare me insecure Kobe Trolls/'09 Skip Bayless making complaints about '09 LeBron's play. That's as weak as it gets for trying to prove he was getting real, legit criticism from the media.

And by the way, KD this year deserves far more criticism for how he played than 2009 LeBron did.

DaSeba5
He's not as polarizing as LeBron and Kobe anyways. I don't think that will ever happen, at least compared to them.

PsychoBe
durant didn't get swept in the finals and have the worst superstar finals performance in nba history :facepalm

people want to pretend like bran's 2007 finals didn't happen, but it did. he couldn't will his team to even one win and was the leader of the only team in the decade to get swept in the finals.

everyone was more disappointed in bran than anything, because he was lauded as the "chosen one" and was of course, the number one pick. durant wasn't even the number one pick.

russwest0

:roll: :roll: :roll:

blazerftc
06-01-2014, 12:24 AM

Just not in OKC, if Ganesh has anything to say about it.

CelticBaller
06-01-2014, 12:24 AM
When he puts up a 2007 lebronesque final series

ThatCoolKid
06-01-2014, 12:25 AM
durant didn't get swept in the finals and have the worst superstar finals performance in nba history :facepalm

people want to pretend like bran's 2007 finals didn't happen, but it did. he couldn't will his team to even one win and was the leader of the only team in the decade to get swept in the finals.

everyone was more disappointed in bran than anything, because he was lauded as the "chosen one" and was of course, the number one pick. durant wasn't even the number one pick.

Lakers swept the Nets bro.

Jacks3
06-01-2014, 12:26 AM
When he bails on his team and joins two other superstars in a historically poor conference.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 12:28 AM
you are making his case.
theres no way an athletic 6

AnaheimLakers24
wont matter until he gets his ass to a large market that will criticize him

Mr Exlax

KD didn't have anywhere near the amount of hype. LeBron was compared to MJ coming out of high school. KD was compared to.....nobody I don't think. LeBron turned the Cavs around so fast. KD led the Sonics to lottery picks the next two seasons. It ain't fair but it's the truth

PsychoBe
Lakers swept the Nets bro.

oh i forgot about those bums :roll: :roll: :roll:

well still, getting swept in the finals is embarrassing regardless.

BasedTom
06-01-2014, 12:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UKF9JjH.png

Really though, Chris Paul gets too much of a pass as well

Keno
06-01-2014, 12:40 AM
so where was this stacked team during the game :rolleyes:

alfred choked hard in ot but let's not get it twisted that was the worst match up i've ever seen in 1 quarter. you got ibaka defending tim mfing duncan? :biggums: you got fisher guarding diaw? where was this stacked line up when it mattered?

that's because westbrook and durant combined are not even close to the play maker and facilitator lebron is. lebron could get a minimum of 7ppg from this curent, old ass fisher.

Goldrush25
06-01-2014, 12:47 AM
First guy that answered got it right. It's because he's not as good as LBJ. People want to build guys up to the top before they tear them down, and he's not at the top yet.

When you're not the best you don't have the same expectations. And he's a likeable guy. People want to root for him so he'll continue to get a pass year after year.