PDA

View Full Version : What package of PG and low post scorer can OKC get for Westbrook?

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:28 AM
What do you guys think are a good package that OKC can get for Westbrook?

raprap
06-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Durant should be the one traded.

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Only if you want to ruin the OKC franchise, sure. We all saw how good OKC was when Westbrook was injured this year.

AnaheimLakers24
06-01-2014, 12:31 AM
you are both stupid

imdaman99
06-01-2014, 12:36 AM
We all saw Durant gunning for MVP and while I don't blame him for it because I would have done the same, it caused him to wear down. Thunder were 21-4 with Westbrook to start the year. OKC doesn't get past Memphis or the Clips without him even if you are replacing him with said low post guy. You think in a conference of elite PGs, if you replace him with a passing PG is going to accomplish great things? You want Durant to average 40 points?

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:37 AM
We all saw Durant gunning for MVP and while I don't blame him for it because I would have done the same, it caused him to wear down. Thunder were 21-4 with Westbrook to start the year. OKC doesn't get past Memphis or the Clips without him even if you are replacing him with said low post guy. You think in a conference of elite PGs, if you replace him with a passing PG is going to accomplish great things? You want Durant to average 40 points?
If you give Durant a PG looking to feed him to ball off screens, on cuts, ect. and a big who can get 15-20 ppg in the low post, OKC becomes such a better team.

imdaman99
06-01-2014, 12:38 AM
If you give Durant a PG looking to feed him to ball off screens, on cuts, ect. and a big who can get 15-20 ppg in the low post, OKC becomes such a better team.
What team can't get better with a low post guy? Al Jefferson + Kemba Walker for Westbrook and Perkins. Make it happen.

orange_chicken
06-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Westbrook for CP3. Deal Perkin & Reggie Jackson somewhere for Kevin Love as stretch 5.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 12:52 AM

This.

It doesn't make sense to trade Westbrook...you can't get equal value at all.

My favorite fake Durant trade;

Durant/Perry Jones for;

Iggy/Thompson/Green and a first round pick

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:53 AM
This.

Durant/Perry Jones for;

:oldlol:

Funny how people actually call you knowledgeable. Dumbest post in a while.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 12:56 AM
:oldlol:

Funny how people actually call you knowledgeable. Dumbest post in a while.

Well...it's a fake trade for starters....

And...the Thunder are better next year with that.

WB/Klay/Iggy/Ibaka/Adams

That is unreal good defenisvely...

And you get to bring Reggie/Green/Lamb/Perkins/Collison off the bench...

Perkins expires after next year and you would have 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft to deal or draft.

Which side do you not like?

russwest0
06-01-2014, 12:57 AM
This.

Durant/Perry Jones for;

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope you're not serious.

Durant played almost 4000 minutes including this postseason and just looked worn down at times out there.

A trade like that would be so shitty man. Are you drunk or something

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Westbrook + filler for Rondo + Green

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Well...it's a fake trade for starters....

And...the Thunder are better next year with that.

WB/Klay/Iggy/Ibaka/Adams

That is unreal good defenisvely...
Bottom line, you don't trade a potential top 10 all time talent like Durant. He's clearly better than Westbrook and is the player you build that team around. OKC looked damn near unstoppable this year when Westbrook was down.

UK2K
06-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Westbrook + filler for Rondo + Green
Rondo was my thought...

Rondo
Lamb
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

Green 6th man

fos
06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Rubio and Pekovic. Get it done.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:03 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope you're not serious.

Durant played almost 4000 minutes including this postseason and just looked worn down at times out there.

A trade like that would be so shitty man. Are you drunk or something

Don't see how.

Love that trade. Like the Thunder roster better with Klay/Iggy/Green than it is now with just Durant. And another first rounder opens up a lot of trade options.

Could potentially go get Asik with those assets.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Bottom line, you don't trade a potential top 10 all time talent like Durant. He's clearly better than Westbrook and is the player you build that team around. OKC looked damn near unstoppable this year when Westbrook was down.

Of course you don't...that is why it's a fake trade.

You also don't trade Westbrook. A player that can't get you equal value...and honestly might be your best player in the playoffs.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Horford + #15 pick for Westbrook seems nice. OKC gets a low post presence (I say team him up w/ Adams to start, bring Ibaka off bench), move Reggie to his true PG position, and draft a backup PG w/ #15 pick.

russwest0
06-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Really don't like the minutes excuse for Durant. Harden didn't get it last year, LeBron never needed that excuse, Shaq always played a ton of minutes like Durant and so did Jordan, Iverson, Kobe, Duncan, etc...

He just failed. Durant failed himself. Underperformed.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

And which one of those guys won the chip playing 3000+ minutes in the regular season that year?

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Horford + #15 pick for Westbrook seems nice. OKC gets a low post presence (I say team him up w/ Adams to start, bring Ibaka off bench), move Reggie to his true PG position, and draft a backup PG w/ #15 pick.

Ugh...not only is that not enough, but where the **** is the scoring going to come from in the playoffs when Durant is getting pushed off his spots by guards and he can be singled?

Westbrook is worth a hell of a lot more than Horford (often injured) and the 15th pick.

Westbrook, Perry Jones, Roberson, and Perkin's expiring contract for;

Horford, Teague, and the 15th pick

I'd do that probably.

tpols
06-01-2014, 01:30 AM
This.

Durant/Perry Jones for;

pick doesnt mean much since theyre contending now right? You should get way more for the MVP.. thats not even one all star there :biggums:

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
pick doesnt mean much since theyre contending now right? You should get way more for the MVP.. thats not even one all star there :biggums:

the pick is solely for trading purposes. you'd now have 3 first round picks.

you could flip two of them for Asik.

I'm coming up with the team I see actually winning the title. And I definitely like;

WB/Reggie
Klay/Lamb
Iggy/Green
Ibaka/Collison
Asik/Adams

More than the current Thunder. Could you get more? Perhaps, but you have to have money to sign Reggie/Lamb/Adams when they come up...money is an issue here.

Not only that, but I think the above team could wreck teams defensively in a way Durant led teams just will never be able to do. It also allows Westbrook to be the true alpha of a team....

Imagine the lineups you could throw out;

WB/Reggie/Klay/Green/Ibaka

WB/Klay/Green/Ibaka/Asik

You could go big and small and you have shooting all over the place...

Would I actually trade Durant for that? Probably not, but that is because if I was in charge I'd be making roster changes myself. But who knows what Presti is going to do...he ****ed up hugely for the first time of his career this year...and it might cost them more than just this year.

tpols
06-01-2014, 01:36 AM
^Youre giving up on Durant way too early.. I mean, lets face it. Theres zero chance hes traded.

And hes gonna be motivated as fvck for next year.. I wouldnt count Durant out just yet. No major injuries.. top 20 potential at worst.. you cant give that up. No way man

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:45 AM
^Youre giving up on Durant way too early.. I mean, lets face it. Theres zero chance hes traded.

And hes gonna be motivated as fvck for next year.. I wouldnt count Durant out just yet. No major injuries.. top 20 potential at worst.. you cant give that up. No way man

Did you read my post?

I called it a fake trade and said I wouldn't actually trade him. But if I had to...something like the above is what I would want rather than going after another superstar.

I'd rather fill out this roster a bit because I think WB and Ibaka are better than most do....and I also think Reggie is a key piece that I want to keep.

The problem with the current Thunder is that they are going to have to pay at least Reggie and Adams in the coming years. And while Perkins expiries next year...it's not like he's making 15 million a year.

The truth, like I have said all year, is that Presti ****ed up hugely this year by not getting a better sg in there. Afflalo was the obvious choice, but even a ****ing guy like Jodie Meeks would have helped a ton.

Do the Lakers really turn down Roberson and a 2nd rounder or something for Meeks?

Think about how much better the Thunder would have been with him...

Presti ****ed up hugely.

Luigi
06-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Trey Burke + Kanter + #23 pick + #35 pick
for
Westbrook

---------------------

That's four nice assets for a problematic player on a topped out team. Burke is a real point guard. Kanter is an absolute load in the low post. And both are ready to have a big year. I think they'd look great playing off of Durant. Adding the picks in a deep draft helps OKC stay relevant into the future.

Burke / Jackson
Free Agent / Lamb
Durant / Roberson
Ibaka / Collison / Jones
Kanter / Adams / Perkins / Thabeet

Free Agent Wings:
Paul Pierce? Loul Deng? Vince Carter? Danny Granger? Mike Miller? Ray Allen? Beldsoe?

--------------------------

Westbrook would give the Jazz the focal point they've needed all along. He could be the ball dominant hawk he wants to be without apologizing.

Westbrook
Burks
Hayward
Vonleh
Favors

Do it!

TMT
06-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Diaw and Patty Mills. You're welcome.

DeuceWallaces
06-01-2014, 01:49 AM
They'll keep losing until Durant figures out how to punish defenders that are a foot shorter than him.

SwishSquared
06-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Sticking by the original topic:
Rubio + Pek + 2014 #13 for Westbrook + PJ3

OKC then drafts a guy like Rodney Hood at #13.
Rubio/Reggie/Roberson
Hood/Lamb
Durant/#21
Ibaka/Collison/#29
Pek/Adams

Minnesota starting 5:
Westbrook-Martin-Brewer-Love-Dieng

KBaller33
06-01-2014, 01:50 AM
It would be idiotic to trade Durant.

j3lademaster
06-01-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't understand these WB trade threads. Dude was +11 tonight while Durant was -3, Jackson was -6, Iblocka was -10. The mistakes he makes is so far outweighed by the positive impact he brings when he's on the court that he's the 2nd best player in these playoffs. And stop with the "need a playmaking pg" myths like WB isn't one. Holy crap. It's not all about assist numbers (though he's no slouch in that department... hell he's elite)- look at how good the okc offense is when he's on the court. Combine that with the fact that no point guard in the league comes even close to his overall defensive impact, I seriously don't see how you're going to trade this guy when he's still so young.

Artillery
06-01-2014, 01:55 AM
It would be idiotic to trade Durant.

I would trade him for Davis in a heartbeat.

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Ugh...not only is that not enough, but where the **** is the scoring going to come from in the playoffs when Durant is getting pushed off his spots by guards and he can be singled?

Westbrook is worth a hell of a lot more than Horford (often injured) and the 15th pick.

Westbrook, Perry Jones, Roberson, and Perkin's expiring contract for;

Horford, Teague, and the 15th pick

I'd do that probably.
I would not trade a healthy Horford for WB straight up let alone including a 15th pick and a above average PG into the equation. Horford is a absolute beast at either PF or C and literally does everything on the floor while having high IQ.

tpols
06-01-2014, 01:56 AM
I would trade him for Davis in a heartbeat.

So would I actually.. thunder shold look into that. Though they wont. It would be an even trade though.

Artillery
06-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Also, I find it hilarious that people are blaming Westbrook when he absolutely KILLED Parker in this series. Straight up dominated TP.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:58 AM
I would not trade a healthy Horford for WB straight up let alone including a 15th pick and a above average PG into the equation. Horford is a absolute beast at either PF or C and literally does everything on the floor while having high IQ.

Okay...and the Thunder aren't even thinking about WB for Horford unless Teague is involved...and likely a pick as well.

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Okay...and the Thunder aren't even thinking about WB for Horford unless Teague is involved...and likely a pick as well.
That's great for Atlanta than

tpols
06-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Also, I find it hilarious that people are blaming Westbrook when he absolutely KILLED Parker in this series. Straight up dominated TP.

He's dominated everybody. He killed Chris Paul.. shot 60% vs Memphis. Hes been a wrecking ball this whole post season. Its not exclusive to parker. Hes been the second best player in the whole playoffs with nobody else close.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 02:03 AM
So would I actually.. thunder shold look into that. Though they wont. It would be an even trade though.

That is probably the one real trade I'd do.

Davis/Anderson and next years' first round pick for Durant

Fawker
06-01-2014, 02:09 AM
durant won MVP with the ball being shared by the two.
but if westbrook had to go and got a quintessential pg like rondo to highlight KD more in crucial situations, i wouldn't be mad. but westbrook is too much of a freak of an athlete tho, i will hold on to that card until i figure it out. they need bench work. that's where i would spend the thunder summer.

miles berg
06-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Rubio and Pekovic. Get it done.

Makes so much sense for both sides.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 02:18 AM
durant won MVP with the ball being shared by the two.
but if westbrook had to go and got a quintessential pg like rondo to highlight KD more in crucial situations, i wouldn't be mad. but westbrook is too much of a freak of an athlete tho, i will hold on to that card until i figure it out. they need bench work. that's where i would spend the thunder summer.

They would be horrible with Rondo replacing WB straight up.

This team doesn't need much. It needs a better sg and more depth at forward.

It just so happens that they have Lamb and Perry Jones...and Reggie can obviously play a lot of sg as well.

This team needs to try and flip Perkins expiring contract and a pick for another quality big and maybe flip a young player and the other pick for sg.

I still don't see how the Magic turn down Roberson/Perry Jones/21st pick for Afflalo...but who knows.

I said it in another thread I think. This team should go get Jodie Meeks. They should have traded for him this year, but he'd fit perfectly next to WB/Durant on the perimeter. That shooting would be amazing....and would allow Lamb to play a lot as well.

What I would personally do if I was Presti;

Sign Meeks

Trade 2 first rounders and Perkins/Collison expiring contract for Asik

Sign Mike Scott

WB/Jackson
Meeks/Lamb
Durant/Jones
Ibaka/Scott
Asik/Adams

Win the title...