PDA

View Full Version : 305 Baller's thoughts on Heat vs Spurs

305Baller
06-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Here we go baby. The 2 last teams standing.

Miami has improved it's consistency and has showed good resolve in the rounds leading up to the finals. LeBron is amazing. Wade looks healthier than last year and has even hit a few threes. Allen remains killer... Bosh has been great. The Heat have good momentum coming into this thing.

The Spurs have been on a mission and have continued to show the excellent half-court game they have perfected in their Duncan/Parker/Manu era.

This will be another epic matchup but I have a feeling that this will not be as close as last year.

Miami is on the upswing and is playing a more cohesive style of ball when at the top of it's game. But it is prone to playing a little bit too much one-on-one ball and having defensive lapses.

The Spurs will rely on huge games from Duncan and Manu but Manu will have trouble with Miami's defense again. Parker seems hobbled. Boris Diaw remains a wildcard but Miami showed it can take out the Pacers' West when it had to. The Spurs usually have someone step up to fill a need but so does Miami.

Will Green shoot the insane percentage he shot last year? Doubt it.

Im calling Heat in 6.

DaSeba5
06-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm guessing...

Spurs win game 1 by double digits

Heat win game 2 by a close margin

Heat win games 3 & 4. One of them being a blowout by a big run in the 2nd half.

Spurs win game 5 to extend the series.

Miami closes them in game 6 whether a close game or not.

If Miami loses game 6, Spurs win in 7.

305Baller
06-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm guessing...

It seems to be a pattern of performance to get behind. But if Parker is hobbled look for Miami to take Game 1.

DaSeba5
06-01-2014, 01:10 AM
It seems to be a pattern of performance to get behind. But if Parker is hobbled look for Miami to take Game 1.

We always seem to lose game 1 when we don't have HCA.

305Baller
06-01-2014, 01:11 AM
We always seem to lose game 1 when we don't have HCA.

Its true.

Cold soul
06-01-2014, 01:33 AM
I see the Heat winning in 5 or 6. If Parker is injuried this will hurt the Spurs somewhat. Miami looks little better overall in these playoffs with Wade playing at much higher level than last year playoffs due to rest in regular season missing 29 games or so and not playing being injuried.

BasedTom
06-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Parker was hurt last year and Ginobili was wearing a Heat uniform except for that one amazing game (game 4?). I expect Green's shooting to not be as ridiculous, but Bellinelli and others can make up for the total impact.

I expect it to be close. These are the 2 best organizations and teams in the NBA right now. It had to be this way. We're in for some great basketball

LogicalFan
06-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I see the Heat winning in 5 or 6. If Parker is injuried this will hurt the Spurs somewhat. Miami looks little better overall in these playoffs with Wade playing at much higher level than last year playoffs due to rest in regular season missing 29 games or so and not playing being injuried.

Don't agree. In the Finals last year, Wade averaged:

20 pts (47% shooting)
5 rebounds
4 assists
1.8 steals
1.2 blocks

He's shooting a bit better this playoffs, but overall he played at an extremely high level in last year's Finals. The Spurs also outplayed the Heat pretty much that entire series. The Heat have not been tested nearly as much in this year's playoffs. The Nets led a good portion of the last few games in that series, but couldn't execute in the end. The Pacers were an offensive dumpster fire. Bobcats had one guy, and he was injured.

After a slow start versus the Mavs, The Spurs essentially made LIGHT WORK of a much tougher West. They are battle-tested and locked in. Parker will be fine, especially with the rest, and their supporting cast is playing at a higher level.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Don't agree. In the Finals last year, Wade averaged:

20 pts (47% shooting)
5 rebounds
4 assists
1.8 steals
1.2 blocks

He's shooting a bit better this playoffs, but overall he played at an extremely high level in last year's Finals. The Spurs also outplayed the Heat pretty much that entire series. The Heat have not been tested nearly as much in this year's playoffs. The Nets led a good portion of the last few games in that series, but couldn't execute in the end. The Pacers were an offensive dumpster fire. Bobcats had one guy, and he was injured.

After a slow start versus the Mavs, The Spurs essentially made LIGHT WORK of a much tougher West. They are battle-tested and locked in. Parker will be fine, especially with the rest, and their supporting cast is playing at a higher level.

THAT is an extremely high level now?!?!

Looks like 2011 LeBron without the Rebounds&Assists FFS!

D-FENS
06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I see San Antonio taking this in 6 games

D-FENS
06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Also, the only two things this series hinges on are:
-Tony Parker's health
-Chris Bosh making 3's.

The Spurs could be in trouble defensively if Bosh is on his game. He has to be able to defend Duncan though - I can see Bosh being in foul trouble. Gonna be a good series.

305Baller
06-09-2014, 02:35 AM
The Game 2 update:

Well, Game 1 was somewhat of a fluke game because LeBron was hobbled so it was like having sex with a beautiful woman only to realize that she had neither douched nor could you get it up.

So the AC game will be remembered for having the Spurs play some near perfect BBall and the Heat fielding a team that was neither prepared, cohesive nor really even functional after the LeBron cramps.

Game 2 was much more complete and thus more exciting. The Spurs gave Miami a full-assault in the first half yet was not able to pull away due to the individual playmaking of Miami's talent. Before the Spurs could expand a double-digit lead it would be LeBron, Allen, Lewis or even Chalmers making a play to keep it close.

The second half produced more of the same type of scenario with the Spurs barely able to keep control of the lead before LeBron went into LEGEND MODE and started making every play in sight.

It was truly a glorious show of mastery as the Spurs really couldnt do anything but watch LeBron sink tray after tray in remarkable fashion. This not only rejuvenated Miami but it kept the Spurs on alert as they desperately tried to hang on to the lead.

Duncan countered LeBron with some excellent inside play time and again but the Spurs just didnt have the gas to keep the pressure up.

LeBron didnt run out of gas this time. The Spurs did.

Chris Bosh, the Heat's XFACTOR, nailed the game-changer in the form of a 3 pointer off a LeBron penetration which sucked in the Spurs defense like a tornado. Then he received a pass from James and passed it to Wade for the clincher. (BIG 3)

ADVANTAGE: HEAT

DaSeba5
06-09-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm guessing...

So far so good on my prediction.

305Baller
06-09-2014, 02:43 AM
So far so good on my prediction.

good stuff.

:rockon:

Trentknicks
06-09-2014, 02:49 AM
What a bunch of horseshit, its been Lewis' contribution and the Spurs inability to hit FT's down the line that made the difference in game 2.

Jyap9675
06-09-2014, 02:50 AM
I think Spurs will win Game 3 by single digits

305Baller
06-11-2014, 02:22 AM
GAME 3:
And the Spurs have regained control. Miami came out a little sluggish and that was all the Spurs needed as they played an A+ game tonight. Nobody was missin any shots. The Spurs played offense with the same ferocity that Miami plays defense with when their backs are against the wall and created a huge cushion for itself.

It was a record setting performance of team basketball which has never been seen in Finals history. Whenever a possession would stall there was Tim Duncan to get you a tough shot in isolation.

LeBron got hot in the 3rd and Miami made a huge run but seemingly ran out of gas as the Spurs tightened the clamps. LeBron was not much of a factor in the 4th.

This is the inconsistency that Miami has shown this year rearing it's ugly head again and if the Heat are going to spot the Spurs this many 3 pointers the Spurs are going to keep winning.

There goes DaSebas' theory. Out the window.

305Baller
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/85/98/03/859803296fe41d704e0869f51108485b.jpg

305Baller
06-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Game 4

Oh boy... The Spurs are really kicking Miami's ass now. The Spurs' discipline has them playing at an insane level right now and Miami looks shell-shocked. The Spurs are finding the open man and making the extra pass every single time and the Heat are just a step too slow at everything it seems. The Spurs seem to have Miami's strategy figured out. All Miami is doing is driving and kicking.

They say it's fatigue: mental... physical.

I say "rubbish".

The Heat have not been able to crack this Spurs team. THE SPURS HAVE THE EYE OF THE TIGER.

The Heat are looking like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3. Not believing in itself. It's leader LeBron James looks spectacular at times yet needs to have super-human, Jordan-like consistency to beat the Spurs 3 in a row.

And it doesnt look like it is going to happen.

Does LeBron have the Eye of the TIGER? Chris Bosh hasnt been contributing enough. Whenever he gets going the team goes away from him. Are the Spurs dictating Miami's offense with their defense?

Wade is ok in spurts but his contributions would be better served coming off the bench at this point.

The Heat look defeated.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10411374_653210834763867_2437697243550036553_n.jpg

The Repo Man
06-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Game 4

Oh boy... The Spurs are really kicking Miami's ass now. The Spurs' discipline has them playing at an insane level right now and Miami looks shell-shocked. The Spurs are finding the open man and making the extra pass every single time and the Heat are just a step too slow at everything it seems.

They say it's fatigue: mental... physical.

I say "rubbish".

The Heat have not been able to crack this Spurs team. THE SPURS HAVE THE EYE OF THE TIGER.

The Heat are looking like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3. Not believing in itself. It's leader LeBron James looks spectacular at times yet needs to have super-human, Jordan-like consistency to beat the Spurs 3 in a row.

And it doesnt look like it is going to happen.

Does LeBron have the Eye of the TIGER? Chris Bosh hasnt been contributing enough. Whenever he gets going the team goes away from him. Are the Spurs dictating Miami's offense with their defense?

Wade is ok in spurts but his contributions would be better served coming off the bench at this point.

The Heat look defeated.

I respect you for calling it like it is instead of deflecting and making excuses. Props.

305Baller
06-13-2014, 01:40 AM
I respect you for calling it like it is instead of deflecting and making excuses. Props.

Thanks. It's my responsibility as a writer to tell it like I see it.

The Repo Man
06-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks. It's my responsibility as a writer to tell it like I see it.
Word. Classy Heat fan who actually lives in Miami. Awesome. As much as I hate the Heat, congrats on your 4 year run, and that run may not even be over. Fans like you deserve it.

305Baller
06-15-2014, 11:42 PM
GAME 5
This is the end. LeBron tried doing some CPR on Miami's corpse in the first quarter but once the Spurs woke up they finished the job with dominant 2nd and 3rd quarters.

The best run by a sports team in Miami history is over... for now.

It will be an interesting offseason but there is no shame in Miami as the Heat have done us proud.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-P5EH9Qy62tc/T-SBJykzlKI/AAAAAAAAAdM/LUkOB-bSixI/s1600/Yes-We-Did-Miami-Heat-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

DaSeba5
06-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Well I was way off. Oh well lol.