PDA

View Full Version : Durant scored a grand total of 0 POINTS in OT, why is he getting a pass?

aburre21
06-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Man this dude escapes criticism like it was a prison and his name was Michael Scofield :lol

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 06:44 AM
He isn't getting a pass. I hope he gets eviscerated for many weeks.

Cocaine80s
06-01-2014, 06:44 AM
dude played 50+ minutes

i think hes a fakkit but cmon lets be fair to him

NumberSix
06-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Because nobody cares about Durant. He's nothing more than a player that people put their desperate hope of anybody being better than LeBron on.

Nobody cares that he played bad. They're only like "FCUK! He's not better than LeBron. We can't troll LeBron fans by dangling KD in front of them".

aburre21
06-01-2014, 06:47 AM
dude played 50+ minutes

it's the playoffs...no excuses. Not like he defends the best player on the other team anyway so he should have energy to score

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 06:48 AM
dude played 50+ minutes

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270531008

check LeBron

BoutPractice
06-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Because he's not? He's getting crucified out there.

Cocaine80s
06-01-2014, 06:53 AM

check LeBron
Legod is a physical specimen tho, a once in a generation type athlete.

Kevin Durant is gumby that accidentally grew to 7ft

Overdrive
06-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Because Westbrook gets the ball after the opponent scores. The guy drives into the sole defender on 3 on 1 fastbreaks, instead of giving his teammates easy points and confidence - not only Durant.

Crafty
06-01-2014, 06:58 AM
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/s261x260/10339569_698668466861385_2129114642184852751_n.jpg

aburre21
06-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Because Westbrook gets the ball after the opponent scores. The guy drives into the sole defender on 3 on 1 fastbreaks, instead of giving his teammates easy points and confidence - not only Durant.

Westbrook gets all the blame, every time smh...that shit getting old. If it wasn't for Westbrook they wouldn't have even made it to OT. Durant choking ass turned the ball over and fell on his face trying to dribble

Lebron would have loved to have a problem like Westbrook in Cleveland.

ImKobe
06-01-2014, 07:36 AM

check LeBron

33 shots for 48 points :kobe:

Collie
06-01-2014, 07:36 AM
He literally did not get a pass

navy
06-01-2014, 07:50 AM
What pass?

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 07:52 AM

check LeBron

Yeah that was amazing. This guy's stamina is almost unparalleled.

salwan
06-01-2014, 08:05 AM
He won't get a pass this time. He's an MVP.

I like KD and he put very nice stats in the playoffs, but he needs to get his finger out of his ass and start to dominate like he did in the regular season.

He doesn't seem to have a playoffs switch. Get one ASAP.

He needs to work on his handles, so that small guys don't bother him. He needs to get stronger, so he doesn't get pushed out of his spots. And he needs to develop a legit post game. finish with contact. Don't settle for jumpshots!!!

NuggetsFan
06-01-2014, 08:23 AM

Iverson could play crazy minutes, never saw Wilt play but from everything I've read and looking at the numbers he had freaky stamina as well.

LBJ4MVP23
06-01-2014, 08:36 AM
They are already giving him a pass. On ESPN it was all about LBJ's legacy, will he win a ring, etc. Before he won his first title and after his initial loss to the Celtics it was open season on LBJ by the media.

Everything about Durant and the Thunder right now are about what a bright future they have.

The media will give him a pass because expectations are that much lower, even for an MVP. Imagine if LBJ in an elimination game scored 0 points in a 4th quarter that could send the series to a game 7? ISH would explode.

RoseCity07
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Because nobody cares about Durant. He's nothing more than a player that people put their desperate hope of anybody being better than LeBron on.

Nobody cares that he played bad. They're only like "FCUK! He's not better than LeBron. We can't troll LeBron fans by dangling KD in front of them".

This.

Overdrive
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Westbrook gets all the blame, every time smh...that shit getting old. If it wasn't for Westbrook they wouldn't have even made it to OT. Durant choking ass turned the ball over and fell on his face trying to dribble

Lebron would have loved to have a problem like Westbrook in Cleveland.

No he would not have. LeBron would get into WB's face every game until he is put into his place. Durant clearly wants to avoid conflict and that's his biggest problem and hindrance. He waited open in the corner waiting for the kickout waiving his hands a few times as Russell ran into multiple defenders. It's both guy's fault.

lilgodfather1
06-01-2014, 08:53 AM
No he would not have. LeBron would get into WB's face every game until he is put into his place. Durant clearly wants to avoid conflict and that's his biggest problem and hindrance. He waited open in the corner waiting for the kickout waiving his hands a few times as Russell ran into multiple defenders. It's both guy's fault.
In Cleveland i doubt it. He wasn't nearly the leader he is now. In MIA you can bet your sweet ass he wouldn't put up with that bullshit that Durant does. He screams at Bosh, and Wade for not making the correct play all the time.

His maturity is one of the reasons he will still be the best player in the NBA nearly this entire decade.

Dutant doesn't have it in him. He is more Melo than Bron.

Clyde
06-01-2014, 08:56 AM

This.
:applause:

navy
06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
He screams at Bosh, and Wade for not making the correct play all the time.

The only one who gets yelled at in Miami is Chalmers. :lol

LBJ4MVP23
06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
In Cleveland i doubt it. He wasn't nearly the leader he is now. In MIA you can bet your sweet ass he wouldn't put up with that bullshit that Durant does. He screams at Bosh, and Wade for not making the correct play all the time.

His maturity is one of the reasons he will still be the best player in the NBA nearly this entire decade.

Dutant doesn't have it in him. He is more Melo than Bron.

So Cavs lebron wasnt a real leader, but he became one.

And yet you know for sure Durant doesnt have it in him? Sort of like LBJ didnt?

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 09:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0rK5YBI.png

So Alfred shouldn't get a pass cause he had to pretty much play with 4 other guys that can score? Man these stans are going in hard today. The only other guy outside the starting line up that scored was 39 year old Derek Fisher? :biggums: That was probably the worst match up I've ever seen in my life. You let Derek Fisher guard Boris Diaw and Serge Ibaka primarily on Tim Duncan? :facepalm Scott Brooks pretty much handed SA a trip to the NBA finals on a silver platter. The Thunder really need to fire Scott Brooks and stop playing 2 on 5. It's honestly Westbrook + Alfred vs everyone else and at this point they will never win a ship if they play hero ball.

FLDFSU
06-01-2014, 09:31 AM

Yep. There are no Durant stans. There just Kobe stans. If Paul George was the MVP, they would all suddenly become George stans, or Melo, or Rose, or Harden.

La Frescobaldi
06-01-2014, 09:50 AM

So Alfred shouldn't get a pass cause he had to pretty much play with 4 other guys that can score? Man these stans are going in hard today. The only other guy outside the starting line up that scored was 39 year old Derek Fisher? :biggums: That was probably the worst match up I've ever seen in my life. You let Derek Fisher guard Boris Diaw and Serge Ibaka primarily on Tim Duncan? :facepalm Scott Brooks pretty much handed SA a trip to the NBA finals on a silver platter. The Thunder really need to fire Scott Brooks and stop playing 2 on 5. It's honestly Westbrook + Alfred vs everyone else and at this point they will never win a ship if they play hero ball.

I literally called it before it happened. 05-17-2014, 09:57 AM ~ Fresca

I expect to see Leonard going absolutely ballistic on the Thunder. Offense-minded Durant in the open court isn't even going to bother trying to stop this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2064302-kawhi-leonard-does-michael-jordan-impression-with-double-pump-breakaway-dunk
:eek: :eek: that acceleration!!

Matt Bonner will be smashing things up in the paint, and we saw what Splitter can do when he goes on a rampage. Those guys are powerful dudes who are gonna wear the Thunder out in the paint.

Perkins is a fine defensive center, maybe the best team-help player of the era with Hibbert and Howard. But he's not the man to cover all those guys. There isn't a center in the league that could do it.

It just gets worse when Belinelli and Green start their textbook playoff bombing runs from 3 because you don't dare leave Tony Parker an empty lane... and that is exactly what has to be done to stop those guys from outside.

Beating the Grizzlies and the Clippers is not the same level of talent required for beating San Antonio.

I predict it's gonna go hard, real hard, on the Thunder coaches because - just like it has been all year long - they're gonna get slammed by foolish Thunder fans for "stupid defensive schemes," etc. etc.... when in fact (barring Spurs injuries) the Thunder flat does not have the team to stop San Antonio.

K Leonard had his way the whole series, on either end and clearly showed he's got Durant matched in every respect except pure scoring - Leonard is the better basketball player RIGHT NOW in a multitude of ways.
edit ~ I'm calling that red font right now too.

diamenz
06-01-2014, 09:55 AM
lebron never gets the pass for not closing out games either - he makes the pass.

La Frescobaldi
06-01-2014, 09:56 AM
And what happened to kg215 also? no longer defending durant defense?

fudge already deserted the Thunder for the Heat.

thunder suffers from lack of bench, not lack of coaching. And they suffer from Disappearing Fans of Ish Syndrome

S13M
06-01-2014, 09:57 AM

:applause:

inclinerator
06-01-2014, 10:01 AM

got this from the misc

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201306200MIA.html
only 5 guys scored

AintNoSunshine
06-01-2014, 10:06 AM

Only 2 TO too:bowdown: :bowdown:

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 10:09 AM
And what happened to kg215 also? no longer defending durant defense?

fudge already deserted the Thunder for the Heat.

thunder suffers from lack of bench, not lack of coaching. And they suffer from Disappearing Fans of Ish Syndrome

I think it's a little bit of both. Bench players didn't receive any play time but in reality who actually decides play time... Scott Brooks. Adams played 10 minutes, Jones played 10 seconds, Sefolosha played 4 seconds, Butler got a DNP... really? :biggums: Literally Boris Diaw was giving Derek Fisher the work last night if you didn't see him post him up and force him into retirement.

La Frescobaldi
06-01-2014, 10:17 AM
I think it's a little bit of both. Bench players didn't receive any play time but in reality who actually decides play time... Scott Brooks. Adams played 10 minutes, Jones played 10 seconds, Sefolosha played 4 seconds, Butler got a DNP... really? :biggums: Literally Boris Diaw was giving Derek Fisher the work last night if you didn't see him post him up and force him into retirement.

I did see it. Also saw Derek pushing around Boris like a feather all series with great ease. That old man always was strong since like 2005 or 6 when he bulked up big in the off-season. Diaw just figured it out. Rotations against the Spurs have always been nightmarish at best.

Adams was ineffective at best. He did fine earlier on but when the intensity burst into open flame.... he was clearly not up to that level. Yet. Adams is on the verge of being a dirty player but he may turn into a great center in the seasons to come.
I dunno what is up with Sefolosha tho that was weird.

Bottom line though, it was lack of bench that stopped OKC.

edrick
06-01-2014, 10:22 AM

74 of the 82 FGA were taken by the starters... Of course nobody else scored.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

smh :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 11:47 AM

You do know only 5 Heat players scored in last years finals game 7, right?

And one of them was Birdman, 3 points... so shut it, dumbass.

TheCorporation
06-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Because he isn't on the level of MJ/LBJ, obviously.

Don't you remember LeBron's quote when asked, "When will the pressure finally be off of you to win a Championship, and onto someone else like Kevin Durant?"

LeBron: When I retire.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 11:49 AM

Eh, whats wrong with that? You know thats good, right?

TheCorporation
06-01-2014, 11:53 AM
74 of the 82 FGA were taken by the starters... Of course nobody else scored.

Exactly, it's kind of hard to score when you don't get any field goal attempts :lol

Not to mention, Durant is not a facilitator type player like LeBron who CAN get his players involved and find them easy looks and get them motivated. Durant and Westbrook like to do more of a hero ball style and that simply doesn't get your "lesser" scorers involved and thus they either don't shoot or don't care to.

There are a lot of big differences between KD and LBJ and LBJ is clearly superior, I just don't think it's fair to hold KD to LBJ's standards. LBJ goes 26-6-5 on 52% with the W and it's just another day in the office.

r0drig0lac
06-01-2014, 11:55 AM
do not know about KD, but I know that the real "team of the regular season" is the thunder

sportjames23
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Because he isn't on the level of MJ/LBJ, obviously.

Don't you remember LeBron's quote when asked, "When will the pressure finally be off of you to win a Championship, and onto someone else like Kevin Durant?"

LeBron: When I retire.

:biggums:

Bron ain't even on the level of MJ, my dude.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 12:01 PM
You do know only 5 Heat players scored in last years finals game 7, right?

And one of them was Birdman, 3 points... so shut it, dumbass.

Lol "heat fan" just looking just at the points scored. Look at everything else. Look at the line up, match up. OKC bench outside of adams and fisher received game time.

http://i.imgur.com/jpG3AeR.png

While miami bench actually got to play the game. So when you actually know something about basketball and how it's played then contribute otherwise you're the one that should shut it, dumbass.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Lol "heat fan" just looking just at the points scored. Look at everything else. Look at the line up, match up. OKC bench outside of adams and fisher received game time.

http://i.imgur.com/jpG3AeR.png

While miami bench actually got to play the game. So when you actually know something about basketball and how it's played then contribute otherwise you're the one that should shut it, dumbass.

Why did you list Battier or Birdman? They both scored... In fact, Battier went off...
What are you doing right now? Pointing out players minutes who didnt score but, played long? :wtf:

Perkins 21 minutes, Adams 12 minutes... satisfied?

veilside23
06-01-2014, 12:05 PM

This .... no matter how great you are if you are a ball dominant player you wont be effective if the touch that you get is before the shot clock expires. There is a reason why guys like Kerr, Horry, Allen exists even though they didnt play at all and just plug them in the last seconds of play they can still hit the shot because its their job.

Sure most superstars can still do the job but their are guys who are there to save them when its needed.

coin24
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
got this from the misc

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201306200MIA.html
only 5 guys scored

Maybe if brooks actually subbed some other guys in they could score aswel:cheers:

Lamb 6 mins?:facepalm

TheCorporation
06-01-2014, 12:10 PM
They are already giving him a pass. On ESPN it was all about LBJ's legacy, will he win a ring, etc. Before he won his first title and after his initial loss to the Celtics it was open season on LBJ by the media.

Everything about Durant and the Thunder right now are about what a bright future they have.

The media will give him a pass because expectations are that much lower, even for an MVP. Imagine if LBJ in an elimination game scored 0 points in a 4th quarter that could send the series to a game 7? ISH would explode.

It tells me that KD is CLEARLY not on LeBron's level. It's almost like KD losing in this fashion is the equivalent to a James Harden type player choking in the big game. KD just isn't on LBJ's level so they don't expect as much from him. How can you? He isn't as good as LeBron. It wouldn't be fair to KD.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2wn8riw.jpg

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Why did you list Battier or Birdman? They both scored... In fact, Battier went off...
What are you doing right now? Pointing out players minutes who didnt score but, played long? :wtf:

Perkins 21 minutes, Adams 12 minutes... satisfied?

Did you not watch the game? Lol. I'm talking about line ups and match ups. Did you not see how Brooks was playing a small line up vs a SA line up with Duncan and Diaw? Or we're you focused and homed in on how Durant would fail rather than watching the game of basketball? Jesus Christmas the Lebron stans literally need to step back and look from a bigger picture. The point I'm trying to get across was the Thunder was trying to win the game on individual skill rather than playing team basketball. Unless your name is Michael Jordan you're not winning by yourself.

veilside23
06-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Maybe if brooks actually subbed some other guys in they could score aswel:cheers:

Lamb 6 mins?:facepalm

i really dont understand why brooks let fisher play defense against duncan and diaw sure dfish can play D but is would have been better if it was atleast sefalosha guarding them that would have been harder i guess :D

brooks is like vogel ... evan turner is there why didnt he use him ....

coin24
06-01-2014, 12:15 PM
i really dont understand why brooks let fisher play defense against duncan and diaw sure dfish can play D but is would have been better if it was atleast sefalosha guarding them that would have been harder i guess :D

brooks is like vogel ... evan turner is there why didnt he use him ....

Yeah wtf was fisher doing on Diaw?:lol :facepalm
They really need to shitcan brooks. Maybe get a few more bench players.

But to be fair to Vogel, turner sucks.

HOoopCityJones
06-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Duncan of his Era.

As far as never being held accountable.

Frozen1
06-01-2014, 12:42 PM
There are 2 guys in the thunder who take 50 shots per game together, and people are complaining that their bench does not score.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 01:21 PM
It's sick...just more evidence that nobody actually puts him on that level.

His raw numbers will look fine, but the horrid ft shooting in this series and the bad turnovers? Just terrible when you are singled by Danny Green the last two games.

That is the thing that people should be noting. That Durant's team is so good that he has another player that needed to have the Spurs best wing defender switched off of him....and the Spurs felt comfortable singling him with Danny ****ing Green.

It's been 3 series in a row in which the opponent pretty much singled KD with a guard or small forward...that can't happen. That is the biggest problem with this team. If Durant can't dominate that matchup...it kills all movement and the role players aren't going to get shots.

That is why Westbrook is worth so much more than people realize....same with Reggie. They can manufacture shit all the time when the plays break down and Durant is hiding in the corner because Danny Green pushed him off his spot.

If Durant doesn't fix that...this Thunder team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs regardless of what they do to fix the roster.

red1
06-01-2014, 02:25 PM

His raw numbers will look fine, but the horrid ft shooting in this series and the bad turnovers? Just terrible when you are singled by Danny Green the last two games.

That is the thing that people should be noting. That Durant's team is so good that he has another player that needed to have the Spurs best wing defender switched off of him....and the Spurs felt comfortable singling him with Danny ****ing Green.

It's been 3 series in a row in which the opponent pretty much singled KD with a guard or small forward...that can't happen. That is the biggest problem with this team. If Durant can't dominate that matchup...it kills all movement and the role players aren't going to get shots.

That is why Westbrook is worth so much more than people realize....same with Reggie. They can manufacture shit all the time when the plays break down and Durant is hiding in the corner because Danny Green pushed him off his spot.

If Durant doesn't fix that...this Thunder team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs regardless of what they do to fix the roster.
Durant simply is not as good as we thought. Don't get me wrong he is the undisputed number two in the league and an all-time talent but he is not the unguardable scoring machine he appeared to be during the regular season.

HOoopCityJones
06-01-2014, 02:30 PM

Don't do em like that Mav, you were front row and center for when the kid was torching the League while Westbrook was out.

I think it's just obvious we have a Penny and Shaq situation on our hands these two just can't win together. They can play together , and it's pleasing to the eyes on most nights , but I don't think they can co-exist on a winning Team.

They both wanna be the guy and neither will forfeit that title.

Plain and simple Russ can't be effective on a Championship Team with Players who are flatout better than him.

Even Kobe knows when it's time to feed the Dominant one.

Unbiased_one
06-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Unless your name is Michael Jordan you're not winning by yourself.

Jordan never came close to winning when he was by himself. No-none really ever has.

Calabis
06-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Man this dude escapes criticism like it was a prison and his name was Michael Scofield :lol

He isn't getting a pass, Westbrook was to busy shooting the ball over the backboard:oldlol:

Artillery
06-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Duncan of his Era.

Duncan outscored the entire OKC team in overtime, played great D, grabbed 15 boards. Durant's more like Kobe - a one-way offensive player that can't do much outside of scoring.

HOoopCityJones
06-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Duncan outscored the entire OKC team in overtime, played great D, grabbed 15 boards. Durant's more like Kobe - a one-way offensive player that can't do much outside of scoring.

Selective quoting at it's finest.

Move along ******. :lol

ZenMaster
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM

I disagree because "when the play breaks down" too often happens because Westbrook initiates 1on1 for himself after over dribbling, is not good at decision making out of the pickn'roll when presented with different options and is not a particularly good passer. I don't see him set good screens often either, but again that comes back to never initiating team offense.

His athletic ability can't overcome his position inabilities, he tries hard but it's just not enough.

Would love to see him play next to a smart pg and a couple 40% 3pt shooters.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Don't do em like that Mav, you were front row and center for when the kid was torching the League while Westbrook was out.

I think it's just obvious we have a Penny and Shaq situation on our hands these two just can't win together. They can play together , and it's pleasing to the eyes on most nights , but I don't think they can co-exist on a winning Team.

They both wanna be the guy and neither will forfeit that title.

Plain and simple Russ can't be effective on a Championship Team with Players who are flatout better than him.

Even Kobe knows when it's time to feed the Dominant one.

I really don't think Durant is better than Westbrook in the playoffs. When the going gets tough...Westbrook is their best player.

Durant is too soft and can't dominate 1 on1 matchups enough...he also is a very poor team defender. He's actually pretty good on the ball at times when he locks in, but he doesn't play sound team defense and he certainly doesn't fight through screens to get to shooters.

Westbrook took Parker out of the series in his matchup. Durant couldn't dominate Danny Green.

KD was great in the regular season...but I hope the argument as to why we need to see the playoffs to accurately rank players is now officially over. This is why...if not for two of the biggest bailout games in NBA history for a superstar...Durant would have been on the couch watching weeks ago.

Having said that, because this team is so stacked. They are literally Jodie Meeks and the improvement from Lamb, Jones, and Adams away from winning the title.

They aren't far off, but they wasted a golden opportunity this year. They've now had 3 real chances at the title in the last 4 years...not going to hold 13 against them as WB was hurt....and they have nothing to show for it. You never know how many chances you really get.

DMV2
06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Nigguh, do you even math? :biggums:

DMV2
06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Eh, whats wrong with that? You know thats good, right?
He's so used seeing Kobe shoot 6-24 from the field that he couldn't calculate a 54% shooting performance by LeBron. :D

Young X
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
He literally did not get a pass:oldlol:

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Durant gets a pass because: He doesn't mesh at all with Westbrook. OKC looked damn near unstoppable when Westbrook was down and KD was running the show. Their bench is literally useless and Scott Brooks is the worst coach in the league

Kevin Durant deserves a pass.

DuMa
06-01-2014, 03:56 PM
he also rolled his ankle in the 4th quarter. i personally thought he wasnt the same after that.

hateraid
06-01-2014, 04:01 PM

:applause: love the reference

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 04:26 PM

agreed with all this.

If people are giving Durant a pass, then you can't say he's at the same level as LeBron James. If LeBron had Westbrook and Ibaka, there's no way people would be giving him a pass for tripping and falling in the most important possession of the game, or 7 TOs. ISH would have crashed if this was LeBron. It just shows you that people don't have insanely high expectations like they did LeBron, since Durant isn't on that level.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 04:28 PM
agreed with all this.

If people are giving Durant a pass, then you can't say he's at the same level as LeBron James. If LeBron had Westbrook and Ibaka, there's no way people would be giving him a pass for tripping and falling in the most important possession of the game, or 7 TOs. ISH would have crashed if this was LeBron. It just shows you that people don't have insanely high expectations like they did LeBron, since Durant isn't on that level.

Lebron had dwade and bosh against the mavs in 2011 and was guarded by jason eugene terry, what was his pass then? idk why people like comparing players to one another when both of them have different play styles. The only thing that should matter is winning.

K Xerxes
06-01-2014, 04:29 PM
No pass, but he still put up 30-9-4 on 47% in the playoffs. Granted, defense has been bad, but those are very good numbers for anyone.

He's 25 and has a lot of time. I think the only thing you can say is that he's not the best player in the league despite being the best in the regular season. Provided Bron doesn't pull a 2011 finals on us...

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Westflop shouldnt get a pass either.
he played like the GOAT second option and was arguably better than Durant but achieved that mainly through disgusting flopping.
seriously this guy just runs into a crowd, jumps into players with any body part and then SCREAMS and looks furious at the refs expecting a call.
and gets it nearly every time. simply DISGUSTING.
that being said Durant sucked pretty hard and was way worse than in the regular season.
no surprise tho the way his game is constructed( 3 pt chucking and flopping) hes not yet ready to win 4 series in a row.
he could get there tho.
has to decide if he wants to bulk up and try to become a Lebron lite or if he takes the Dirk approach:confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 04:33 PM
No pass, but he still put up 30-9-4 on 47% in the playoffs. Granted, defense has been bad, but those are very good numbers for anyone.

He's 25 and has a lot of time. I think the only thing you can say is that he's not the best player in the league despite being the best in the regular season. Provided Bron doesn't pull a 2011 finals on us...
would have been 45 % percent without 1-2 bailouts EVERY game.
Also 45 MPG

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Westflop shouldnt get a pass either.
he played like the GOAT second option and was arguably better than Durant but achieved that mainly through disgusting flopping.
seriously this guy just runs into a crowd, jumps into players with any body part and then SCREAMS and looks furious at the refs expecting a call.
and gets it nearly every time. simply DISGUSTING.
that being said Durant sucked pretty hard and was way worse than in the regular season.
no surprise tho the way his game is constructed( 3 pt chucking and flopping) hes not yet ready to win 4 series in a row.
he could get there tho.
has to decide if he wants to bulk up and try to become a Lebron lite or if he takes the Dirk approach:confusedshrug:

You seriously want to talk about flopping right now? :biggums:

Man I would of pay to watch Lebron in the late 80s / early 90s vs the bad boys. Lord have mercy on lebron's soul.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2014, 04:36 PM
:applause: love the reference

good shit :applause:

went crap shortly after the halfway mark though, sadly.. :(

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Lebron had dwade and bosh against the mavs in 2011 and was guarded by jason eugene terry, what was his pass then? idk why people like comparing players to one another when both of them have different play styles. The only thing that should matter is winning.
What do you mean "What was his pass?"

You're still bringing it up to this day. He was crucified by the media and called a choker. He didn't get a pass. The fact that you're still bringing it up supports that he didn't get a pass.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM

I agree the numbers are great at face value...the problem is that when you really go deeper they aren't special at all.

He played 43 minutes per game.

He took 22 shots per game and got to the line 9 times per game. He also turned it over 4 times per game. That is using up a lot of possessions to get his production.

You put a lot of players in the heart of their prime on a team like the Thunder in which they get to rest on defense and play free on offense and do whatever you want whenever you want...and I think numbers like that are pretty close to what you are going to get.

I personally think this was his worst playoffs since 2010 overall.

And before I even looked...what do you know...his PER is the lowest since 2010. PER is hardly the end all be all or perfect, but his 23.1 PER is way more indicative of his overall play than his 30/9/4 57% TS is.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 04:45 PM
What do you mean "What was his pass?"

You're still bringing it up to this day. He was crucified by the media and called a choker. He didn't get a pass. The fact that you're still bringing it up supports that he didn't get a pass.

I'm saying he shouldn't be crucified cause he had to play 50 mins with only 5 other teammates with any game time. I'm not saying he didn't choke, oh don't get me wrong he crossed himself over in the 4th. :roll: But if you actually watched that game it was 5 okc players vs 10 spurs players. You act like running up, down and jumping for 48 minutes is easy.

DMAVS41
06-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm saying he shouldn't be crucified cause he had to play 50 mins with only 5 other teammates with any game time. I'm not saying he didn't choke, oh don't get me wrong he crossed himself over in the 4th. :roll: But if you actually watched that game it was 5 okc players vs 10 spurs players. You act like running up, down and jumping for 48 minutes is easy.

But part of the reason for this is Durant's inability to make the defense react to him.

He let Green single him most of the game. He should have curb stomped him. He got singled all playoffs for the most part. You shouldn't be able to get away with that shit against him.

Where were the open shots for all the other role players off of Durant action all playoffs?????

Almost all the good looks the Thunder got came off of Westbrook action.

No doubt that Brooks is a moron and Presti royally ****ed this team over with his inept management this year, but Durant needs to be held accountable for not really doing anything to make his teammates better.

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Easy? No... but we've seen LeBron drop over 40 points in 50 minutes, most of which were at the end of the game. We also saw LeBron come up w/ 37/12 in a finals game 7 when he only had 5 teammates who had scored. I feel like a 50 minute game, and other teammates being scoreless WOULD'T have been a pass for LeBron, so why should it be for Durant, unless we are openly admitting that KD isn't on the same level?

Jacks3
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Same reason Duncan does. He's perceived to be very nice and humble guy and so will never get the same criticism or have the same pressure that other superstars do. Plus, he's playing with Westbrook, who is the most polarizing player in the league right now and the guy who will always take the brunt of the blame.

Beastmode88
06-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Easy? No... but we've seen LeBron drop over 40 points in 50 minutes, most of which were at the end of the game. We also saw LeBron come up w/ 37/12 in a finals game 7 when he only had 5 teammates who had scored. I feel like a 50 minute game, and other teammates being scoreless WOULD'T have been a pass for LeBron, so why should it be for Durant, unless we are openly admitting that KD isn't on the same level?

Alfred is def not on the same level as bran. Maybe the way he gets points and numbers sure but his defense and athleticism sure doesn't compare.