PDA

View Full Version : If The Heat Lose The Finals, should the big 3 joining up be considered a success?

coin24
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Where does bran rank all time? And was the collusion worth it??

2-4 in the finals,

2011: L
2012: W
2013: W
2014: L (for this arguments sake..)

Promising not 6, not 7 etc.. 2 out of 4 for the collusion, was it worth it??

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-01-2014, 09:49 AM
what a waste of a sunday for the nba. would be tits if the series started tonight.

NumberSix
06-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Better than he would if he didn't make the finals at all.

LBJ4MVP23
06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Better than he would if he didn't make the finals at all.

Dont you know? Its better to get destroyed in the first round than lose in the finals. The further you go the worse you are.

greymatter
06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
These forums will be so much better after all the whiny Kobetards commit sepuku in 2.5 weeks.

All Net
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
OP thread edited because it's the only way this topic would of stayed.

what the OP highlighted was clearly agenda and troll bait for Lebron stans. Hense why it was edited.

this can be a discussion worth talking about but the OP clearly made it to get Lebron fans angry.

Bandito
06-01-2014, 09:55 AM
OP thread edited because it's the only way this topic would of stayed.

what the OP highlighted was clearly agenda and troll bait for Lebron stans. Hense why it was edited.

this can be a discussion worth talking about but the OP clearly made it to get Lebron fans angry.
:biggums:

All Net
06-01-2014, 10:00 AM
:biggums:

Well it can, talking about the success of the big 3 joining up.Should 2 titles be enough? Should they get more e.t.c...If it does end on two titles is that ok?

Bandito
06-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Well in that case no. They should win a lot more considering they have three top players that colluded to win more championships than the MJ's Bulls.

coin24
06-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Ok re-edited it:cheers:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 10:33 AM
4 trips to the finals is great

coin24
06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
4 trips to the finals is great

Kind of proves the weak east theory though.
Especially for bran going 2-5 personally and even 2-4 for the heat since team up..

FLDFSU
06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I know I am going to regret asking this, but OP where to you get 2-5 from?

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Kind of proves the weak east theory though.
Especially for bran going 2-5 personally and even 2-4 for the heat since team up..
Any trip to the finals is good

beastee
06-01-2014, 10:46 AM
4 in a row is something not even the GOAT did (although it would have happened), so heck yes its been a success. They have dominated the headlines and won pretty easily since they got together.

Doranku
06-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Given how shitty the average Eastern Conference opponent is and how stacked the Heat have been compared to the rest of the Conference, it would be a failure if they lost this year.

I don't know how you could consider winning two rings in four years while being heavy favorites each year a success.

plowking
06-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Given how shitty the average Eastern Conference opponent is and how stacked the Heat have been compared to the rest of the Conference, it would be a failure if they lost this year.

I don't know how you could consider winning two rings in four years while being heavy favorites each year a success.

They weren't favourite against the Thunder.

They were favourites two times out of three, and they have won 2 out of 3. Seems pretty spot on.

coin24
06-01-2014, 10:59 AM
I know I am going to regret asking this, but OP where to you get 2-5 from?

Read the title... IF THE HEAT LOSE THE FINALS THIS YEAR..
Lebron is already 2-4 so another loss would be 2-5...
Making it 2-4 for the colluded team. It's a 2 part question.:cheers:

I think it shows they steamroll the east, then when they face a real opponent from the west it's not so easy..
2-4. Not impressive

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:00 AM
They weren't favourite against the Thunder.

They were favourites two times out of three, and they have won 2 out of 3. Seems pretty spot on.

Reaching the finals every single year and winning atleast half of them is a success either way. Don't mind the bitter Kobe bumlicker.

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:02 AM

I think it shows they steamroll the east, then when they face a real opponent from the west it's not so easy..
2-4. Not impressive

Awww Kobe is 2 for his last 4 in the finals:lol
Weak west apparently by ur logic:applause:

coin24
06-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Reaching the finals every single year and winning atleast half of them is a success either way. Don't mind the bitter Kobe bumlicker.

If the current spurs or thunder switched places with the heat they'd make the finals every year also. Winning the east is not an achievement..

coin24
06-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Awww Kobe is 2 for his last 4 in the finals:lol
Weak west apparently by ur logic:applause:

:roll:

5-7. Top 5 GOAT.

And no. The east is a joke anyone with half a brain can see this..

west_tip
06-01-2014, 11:08 AM
The team was constructed to win championships and given their promise to win "not one, not two............ etc" you'd have to feel that two from four was a disappointing return.

At this stage Bron's legacy is in tatters anyway, the 2011 choke job (game 4 in particular) and last years game 6 showed he's just not worthy of the Jordan comparisons. On the biggest stage in crunch time Bron looked shook.

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:09 AM
:roll:

5-7. Top 5 GOAT.

And no. The east is a joke anyone with half a brain can see this..

Err no. Top 12 though:applause:

Meanwhile Lebron and Duncan continue to pull away :cheers:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 11:09 AM
The team was constructed to win championships and given their promise to win "not one, not two............ etc" you'd have to feel that two from four was a disappointing return.

At this stage Bron's legacy is in tatters anyway, the 2011 choke job (game 4 in particular) and last years game 6 showed he's just not worthy of the Jordan comparisons. On the biggest stage in crunch time Bron looked shook.
Exaggeration much?

FLDFSU
06-01-2014, 11:12 AM

2-4. Not impressive

Oh you mean 2/4 and 2/5...not two wins and four loses.

Carry on with your trolling.

gts
06-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes they would be considered a success.. even if they all (big3) decided to pack it up after this season and go their separate ways they'd still have had one of the better runs in NBA history.

coin24
06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh you mean 2/4 and 2/5...not two wins and four loses.

Carry on with your trolling.

No trolling just facts.

I'm guessing you find 2/4 impressive? After the big celebration and promises they made??

west_tip
06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Exaggeration much?

No, its a valid characterization. That tacky "Not one not two" unveiling was like something out of the Vince McMahon playbook. Jordan would never have cheapened his legacy with such a crappy stunt.

I mean watch it again, its impossible to watch it and not cringe with embarrassment, why Riley gave the green light to it I'll never know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c&feature=kp

BigTicket
06-01-2014, 11:19 AM
This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever read.

Every single team in the league would love to have the record that Miami has had these last 4 years, whether they win this finals or not.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 11:20 AM
This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever read.

Every single team in the league would love to have the record that Miami has had these last 4 years, whether they win this finals or not.
Pretty much. Laker fans wouldn't bat an eye lid if this was Kobe.

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:21 AM
No trolling just facts.

I'm guessing you find 2/4 impressive? After the big celebration and promises they made??

Definitely impressive. Stay shook:lol

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Pretty much. Laker fans wouldn't bat an eye lid if this was Kobe.

Except Kobe never could lead his team to 4 finals in a row:no:

jazz873
06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
It was a success after they won their first championship.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Except Kobe never could lead his team to 4 finals in a row:no:
That's true.

BigBoss
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Lebron James 2/5 in NBA finals.

#striveforgreatness

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Lebron James 2/5 in NBA finals.

#striveforgreatness

2 FMVPs and 4 MVPs > 2 FMPs and 1 MVP

#StayShook:lol

Asukal
06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
4 in a row is something not even the GOAT did (although it would have happened), so heck yes its been a success. They have dominated the headlines and won pretty easily since they got together.

Wow. Last year's finals was easy? I wonder why people act like Rayray didn't save bran's legacy last year. :rolleyes:

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow. Last year's finals was easy? I wonder why people act like Rayray didn't save bran's legacy last year. :rolleyes:

Awww hush little hater. You're thinking of Horry game 4 against the Kings:cheers:

Asukal
06-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Awww hush little hater. You're thinking of Horry game 4 against the Kings:cheers:

I'm a hater when I'm stating facts? If Ray didn't hit that shot, your idol would be 1 out of 4 in the finals. But please go on and tell me again how easy last year's finals was... :rolleyes:

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm a hater when I'm stating facts? If Ray didn't hit that shot, your idol would be 1 out of 4 in the finals. But please go on and tell me again how easy last year's finals was... :rolleyes:

1-Lebron James is not my idol. I am not even a Miami Heat fan.

2-I never said last season was easy.

3-Kobe is "luckier" than any star in history and had his butt saved more than any superstar in the history of this league.

:cheers:

gts
06-01-2014, 12:05 PM

Just ignore him, not worth the time, he's a troll baiting posters... he'll be banned in a week at this rate..

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Just ignore him, not worth the time, he's a troll baiting posters... he'll be banned in a week at this rate..

Say gts? That's grand:oldlol:
Carry on trolling Kobtards:applause:

Kingwillball
06-01-2014, 12:19 PM
IMO a semi success cause they did what they were supposed to getting there but u need to finish as well..win or lose Miami needs to retool roster i expect them to look slightly different at least role players come next season. I hope Allen plays one or two more seasons.. Dude great in his role. Need to add a younger athletic wing who can take some minutes from Lebron Allen or Wade in regular season and contribute in playoffs. Love to see bird back but adding another big would be great. Not sure Miami wants to go away from small ball lineups added traditional center and moving bosh to 4 would change there dynamic.

ALBballer
06-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Semi-success. If the Heat pulled this off in the West I would be much more impressed. Indiana has been the biggest threat to them in the East the past two years and they would be a bottom half playoff seed in the West. Spurs had to go through teams like Dallas, Portland, OKC to get to the championship. These teams would be top seeds in the East.

Even teams like the Cavs and the Magic have made it to the finals in the East in these past few years. The East is a joke.

Hey Yo
06-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Right before tip-off of the Finals, they were the favorites in 2011, underdogs 2012, last year and so far again this year.

Losing as the underdog isn't nearly as bad as losing being the favorite.

Mr Exlax
06-01-2014, 12:32 PM
1 championship made it a success. They joined up to win and they won.

B-hoop
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM

If 1 championship is success then why the hell did Lebron collude? He probably would have won at least one championship in Cleveland considering how weak the East is. His would-be main competition (wade) is a shell of himself, and he is playing in a stacked team, imagine if he had to carry the heat all by himself going against Lebron Cavs.. he would have retired last year.

TheCorporation
06-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Insecure Kobe fans coming out in droves :lol

Hey Yo
06-01-2014, 12:44 PM
If 1 championship is success then why the hell did Lebron collude? He probably would have won at least one championship in Cleveland considering how weak the East is. His would-be main competition (wade) is a shell of himself, and he is playing in a stacked team, imagine if he had to carry the heat all by himself going against Lebron Cavs.. he would have retired last year.
collusion - noun

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

LeBron did the above definition?

Mr Feeny
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
collusion - noun

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

No sir!

Basketball Fan
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM

I agree and I hate LeBron and Wade

Its not easy to win a title in any sport there are so many great players who never win one championship.

coin24
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM
collusion - noun

Secretly discussed with bosh and wade to conspire the team up and cheat us fans out of competitive eastern conference playoff matchups, thus creating an easy path to the finals every year.

Also deceiving cavs fans by promising Cleveland a ring.

B-hoop
06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Well if you dont think Lebron secretly cooperated with Wade and Bosh to join the same team and deceived Cleveland when he told them he would win a championship there, then i dont know what you think happened.

HOoopCityJones
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Been a damn success , they've already won twice outta three trips.

Hey Yo
06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Secretly discussed with bosh and wade to conspire the team up and cheat us fans out of competitive eastern conference playoff matchups, thus creating an easy path to the finals every year.

Also deceiving cavs fans by promising Cleveland a ring.
None of the above is illegal or against NBA rules.

If you wanna go that route, then why is it well documented (in June of 2010) that James was trying to get Bosh to come to Cleveland?

Hey Yo
06-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Well if you dont think Lebron secretly cooperated with Wade and Bosh to join the same team and deceived Cleveland when he told them he would win a championship there, then i dont know what you think happened.
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collusion

What did they do that was illegal or against NBA rules?

houston
06-01-2014, 01:01 PM
no it wouldn't

Papaya Petee
06-01-2014, 01:11 PM
If the Heat going 2 out of 4 isn't a success, then I guess Bird's Celtics were a fail as well.