PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher next Knicks coach?

TimmyDuncan
06-01-2014, 04:11 PM
He is basically the same as Steve Kerr so why not?

Springsteen
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Why would he want to go there?

JimmyMcAdocious
06-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Random guess, no source?

Would Fish be the most jacked coach in NBA history?

TimmyDuncan
06-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Random guess, no source?

Would Fish be the most jacked coach in NBA history?

Random guess. PJ wanted someone that knows his system and would apply to the team. I don't think there is a lot of coach caliber person out there

And the most jacked coach is J Kidd so far

Kiddlovesnets
06-01-2014, 05:39 PM
No sane prospect coach would dare to take the Knicks job, remember how Steve Kerr was scarred away from that rotted place. Is Derek Fisher crazy or over-confident? Otherwise I dont think he will be the Knicks headcoach. A mediocre squad with unrealistic expectation.
:lol

smoovegittar
06-01-2014, 05:59 PM
No sane prospect coach would dare to take the Knicks job, remember how Steve Kerr was scarred away from that rotted place. Is Derek Fisher crazy or over-confident? Otherwise I dont think he will be the Knicks headcoach. A mediocre squad with unrealistic expectation.
Go **** yourself. My team will have the Nets looking like dogshit in the next 2 years. You can get excited about the Islanders coming to Barclay's. Seriously dude, you whine about Knick fans being all trolls and you come in here with this shit. Done with you, son.

Kiddlovesnets
06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Go **** yourself. My team will have the Nets looking like dogshit in the next 2 years. You can get excited about the Islanders coming to Barclay's. Seriously dude, you whine about Knick fans being all trolls and you come in here with this shit. Done with you, son.

37-45.
:roll:

Springsteen
06-01-2014, 06:09 PM
37-45.

Good luck with that D-Will contract buddy.

smoovegittar
06-01-2014, 06:16 PM
44 - 38 :rolleyes: you won't be seeing ANYTHING close to that for the next 4 years. Good luck to your pathetic ass franchise - seems you won't be "taking" NY after all.

gts
06-01-2014, 07:55 PM

Levity
06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/06/01/emotional-fisher-says-its-his-calling-to-be-coach/

[quote]OKLAHOMA CITY

SilkkTheShocker
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Who wants to go to that loser franchise?

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
It'd be a damn good hire, IMO.

Sarcastic
06-01-2014, 08:31 PM

The Nets are gonna be a lottery team the next 3 years, but with no picks. Literally the worst future in the NBA.

smoovegittar
06-01-2014, 08:51 PM
The Nets are gonna be a lottery team the next 3 years, but with no picks. Literally the worst future in the NBA.
And I'll enjoy every freaking minute of it. From that arrogant Russian designer jean salesman right down to the Iron Man mascot.

Dolan has his hockey team flying right now. It won't be long for the Knickerbockers.

TheGreatDeraj
06-01-2014, 08:57 PM
With a coaching vacancy on the Lakers I would like to see at least a meeting with Fisher. Not really a huge fan of any available coaches currently, so it's worth a shot to see if they have a similar vision.

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 02:38 AM

3 years without future > decades without future. Your shitty franchise is screwed so long as James Dolan is your owner. Do you earnestly believe Phil Jackson could turn this junk around? I mean, the team that went 37-45 this season. Realistically, the New York 37-45ers aint winning a title in this 21st Century.

GimmeThat
06-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Phil Jackson/Lakers organization has faith in Derek Fisher. Not the Knicks organization.

And no, I don't know anything about the Knicks fan base.

But then, I'm not Derek Fisher, so that really isn't a concern to me, but to him.

what about that Utah franchise who let him go so he can go help Kobe win a few rings huh.

Legends66NBA7
06-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Dolan has his hockey team flying right now. It won't be long for the Knickerbockers.

The NHL is a different league than the NBA. Different teams can make it to the Finals (except for a certain few, that seem to be cursed with incompetence) year in and year out because different lineups, matchups, and riding a hot goalie could mean all the difference in a playoffs series. Seeding really doesn't matter, especially in this new format.

There hasn't been repeat champion in the NHL since the Red Wings did it in the 97 and 98 playoff runs. Since the inception of the 3 point line the 79-80 NBA season, only 9 teams have won the NBA title (Lakers 10, Bulls 6, Spurs 4 or 5 this year, Celtics 4, Heat 3 or 4 this year, Pistons 3, Rockets 2, Sixers 1, Mavericks 1). Heavy talented teams or a team that's been together for a long time will win in the NBA and you can't ride a hot streak from the regular season or a series from the previous rounds to win.

Although, it would be cool if the Knicks and Nets matched up in a playoff round.

OT: I think Kings are taking it if it goes 7 games again. Team refuses to die, which is a great attitude you want to have if your a fans of them. Cool to also see the two biggest markets sharing the same Finals in 33 years (1981 World Series, Dodgers beat the Yankees 4-2).

uber
06-02-2014, 02:55 AM
37-45.

10-72 - see how easy it is? :confusedshrug:

It's funny when Nets fan laugh at the knicks like their team achieved something special. 100 million in luxury tax for a second round exit, congratulations guys.

Phil Jackson offered Kerr 3 year 13.2 million which is a very reasonable contract for a rookie coach. Kerr went for the money what i can fully understand but please lets not act like it's the worst thing in the world to coach the knicks especially now with Phil jackson in the FO.

/e. i wouldn't mind Fish at the HC position

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 03:24 AM
10-72 - see how easy it is? :confusedshrug:

It's funny when Nets fan laugh at the knicks like their team achieved something special. 100 million in luxury tax for a second round exit, congratulations guys.

Phil Jackson offered Kerr 3 year 13.2 million which is a very reasonable contract for a rookie coach. Kerr went for the money what i can fully understand but please lets not act like it's the worst thing in the world to coach the knicks especially now with Phil jackson in the FO.

/e. i wouldn't mind Fish at the HC position

10-72? You sure you watched NBA before 2011? Oh yean, those New York 37-45ers fans.
:facepalm

uber
06-02-2014, 03:30 AM
10-72? You sure you watched NBA before 2011? Oh yean, those New York 37-45ers fans.
:facepalm

ok ok, 12-70

those 2 more wins make it look a lot better

Sarcastic
06-02-2014, 04:59 AM
3 years without future > decades without future. Your shitty franchise is screwed so long as James Dolan is your owner. Do you earnestly believe Phil Jackson could turn this junk around? I mean, the team that went 37-45 this season. Realistically, the New York 37-45ers aint winning a title in this 21st Century.

Dolan gave Glen Sather free reign to run the Rangers. They're in the Stanley Cup finals. But yea, Dolan could never own a team with any success.

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 05:29 AM
ok ok, 12-70

those 2 more wins make it look a lot better

Talking about the past lol, remember in 2004 when we swept your ass out of playoffs 1st round? It was way too easy.

Trentknicks
06-02-2014, 06:56 AM
RE: Other Knicks fans

Just put that assbag Kiddlovenets on ignore, he obviously has some sort of mental illness and lives vicariously through the Knicks. I mean just look at his poster location: the dude's life is solely predicated on hating on the Knicks. Massive inferiority complex and can't help but feel sorry.

Put him on ignore and let Real14 and him go back and forth, like they have the last 3 seasons and whither away their already little existence.

Legends66NBA7
06-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Dolan gave Glen Sather free reign to run the Rangers. They're in the Stanley Cup finals. But yea, Dolan could never own a team with any success.

And how much does that have to do with the NHL changing it's game around during the lockout ? Rangers missed the playoffs from 97/98 to 03/04, which was already under Sather's tenure in 2000. They have made the playoffs all but 1 time post-lockout. It didn't take until 2012 for the Rangers to finally get to the conference finals.

Again, refer to my earlier post. The NHL overall is just a different league altogether than the NBA. The Rangers or any other team with good checking lines or good/great goal tending can beat an opposing team with the best players in the league on it (Pengiuns with Crosby and Malkin). The Knicks or Nets aren't beating the Heat if they continue to reup with LeBron James and co., especially if they get younger talent.

The Rangers success has no correlation to the Knicks future.

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Other Knicks fans

Just put that assbag Kiddlovenets on ignore, he obviously has some sort of mental illness and lives vicariously through the Knicks. I mean just look at his poster location: the dude's life is solely predicated on hating on the Knicks. Massive inferiority complex and can't help but feel sorry.

Put him on ignore and let Real14 and him go back and forth, like they have the last 3 seasons and whither away their already little existence.

You mad bro? Inferior complex? I thought Knicks fans had that since the Nets have been the way better team than yours since 21st century.

Dagouch
06-02-2014, 03:48 PM
[The Rangers success has no correlation to the Knicks future.[/QUOTE]

Not quite true. Dolan has finally started to let other people run the show. He's starting to let go and let people smarter than him do what's necessary.

Now will that work for the Knicks. Time will tell. But it's a step in the right direction

Legends66NBA7
06-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Not quite true. Dolan has finally started to let other people run the show. He's starting to let go and let people smarter than him do what's necessary.

Now will that work for the Knicks. Time will tell. But it's a step in the right direction

That's true, time will tell. I figure as long as Dolan doesn't interfere, there will probably be less harm.

Still, the Knicks have some interesting decisions to make. Do they keep Melo ? I know they will be looking for the 14/15 off season when they have a lot of cap room to make moves, so do they retain their current players to try and make it work 1 more time ?

TimmyDuncan
06-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Not a random guess anymore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lakers-cool-on-derek-fisher--who-is-knicks--top-head-coaching-target-172421527.html

per Woj
Sources: Lakers cool on Derek Fisher, who is Knicks' top head-coaching target

gts
06-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 35m
ESPN has learned that Knicks president Phil Jackson has been fined $25,000 for tampering with Oklahoma City Thunder guard Derek Fisher