PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James, by Pau Gasol

SpanishACB
06-01-2014, 04:11 PM
"LeBron James probably all has been said about the Heat player , the best in the NBA in recent years with Durant. My perspective is not that of the fan. I have fought him many times. At this point in the movie, I have to assume he will never ceases to amaze me.

His consistency is amazing , as if he has it prohibited to have a bad game despite Wednesday, hence the success of the Heat. Always adds . His athletic ability, physical exuberance that allows him to contribute even in the days when the shots aren't falling . His ability to be an all arounder makes him a unique player. If it fails to launch, plays from inside the paint. His aggression is so remarkable that lets him steal many balls and get out on the break . Many of their successes are dunks . These never go out . And if he's successful from the outside, the matches become a display of total domination.

LeBron has an extraordinary virtue: hunger. He has gradually improved over the past four years. He could have become contempt on success. Instead, he wanted to improve and that makes him a phenomenon. Hence we see him in every game breaking a record , one of those world record in his name comes up with Jordan , Bird or Kobe Bryant. Regularity in the playoffs is portentous .

For those of you which haven't seen him in person, we're talking about an outside player, a guard , which measures 2.01 and weighs 120 kilos . What distinguishes him is his height, is mobility and explosiveness with which he moves moving that weight. With its size and strength , LeBron someone becomes very difficult to defend.He doesn't only beat you with talent alone, which he has and does, you can't stop him.

I do not think that is a player who talk a lot on the court. The are more bigger trash talker . But he does show a confidence in his possibilities. He's used since he was a kid at a level of attention and expectations created that makes out like big pressure . He is not uncomfortable in difficult situations.

I have not agreed much with him off the court . We did a birthday party to which Obama invited us , but I had no chance to talk much with him.
Another detail about LeBron is his ambition. I have heard him say he wants to be the world's most influential athlete. Their goal is global, want to be the biggest. His urge to help off the court is also commendable. An icon is known worldwide and operates a business level and image . Most admirable is that he is an incoformist."

@paugasol

translated with google translate and then edited by me so it made sense, regardless of the fact much of it sounds funny from the translator, I left it unedited if I figured you guy would still understand

source
http://www.marca.com/2014/05/31/baloncesto/nba/playoffs/1401522911.html

there's lots of sucking up I guess, but some stuff is pretty interesting, since Gasol is an intelligent man that can be trusted in making rational analysis on players

ImKobe
06-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Pau going to Miami next season.

SIRI1
06-01-2014, 04:21 PM
The part about Obama is a bit off on the google translation. Pau said he hasnt gotten to know Lebron too well off the court (not that he hasnt agreed with Lebron off the court like the google translation said). That they both attended Obama's Birthday party, but they didnt get the chance to speak.

SpanishACB
06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
The part about Obama is a bit off on the google translation. Pau said he hasnt gotten to know Lebron too well off the court (not that he hasnt agreed with Lebron off the court like the google translation said). That they both attended Obama's Birthday party, but they didnt get the chance to speak.

yeah, you're right, "coincidir" can be used on the context of agreeing with someone but he's clearly talking about running into each other in person.

there's not much one can disagree with lebron when he doesn't really say anything when he speaks publicaly

kNicKz
06-01-2014, 04:27 PM
:roll:

3LiftHeatCurse
06-01-2014, 04:29 PM
LeBron is a Forward not a guard, pau

SpanishACB
06-01-2014, 04:31 PM

I think he means most of his game plays like a guard

you can argue that?

ImKobe
06-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I think he means most of his game plays like a guard

you can argue that?

It's true. Lebron actually did come into the league as a SG and he played on the perimeter like a SG would until he took his talents to South Beach.

Ancient Legend
06-01-2014, 04:36 PM
"He could have become contempt on success"

What the hell is that supposed to mean, terrible translation.

DuMa
06-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Meanwhile, Pau is struggling to find 2 sentences to compliment Kobe

Im so nba'd out
06-01-2014, 04:37 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3cngm.gif

Unbiased_one
06-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Pau is angling for a move to Miami

Heavincent
06-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Do you ever post anything remotely coherent?

secund2nun
06-01-2014, 05:26 PM

Gasol sees the light. Bosh gets destroyed by Hibbert and Duncan last year and scores 0 in game 7 and is called the most important Heat player and superstar for grabbing 1 rebound in game 6 yet Gasol outperforms Kobe in the 09, 10 playoffs and finals yet Kobe wins the MVP, FMVPs and Gasol is called Gasoft and vastly underrated and blasted/blamed by Kobe in public for everything under the sun.

Come join Lebron. 1 rebound and you are king.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Gasol sees the light. Bosh gets destroyed by Hibbert and Duncan last year and scores 0 in game 7 and is called the most important Heat player and superstar for grabbing 1 rebound in game 6 yet Gasol outperforms Kobe in the 09, 10 playoffs and finals yet Kobe wins the MVP, FMVPs and Gasol is called Gasoft and vastly underrated and blasted/blamed by Kobe in public for everything under the sun.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c1X9-H1LuJA/TdBEGvo9BpI/AAAAAAAABg4/jN2ng54dY9M/s1600/its-time-to-stop-posting-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg

Cocaine80s
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Wouldn't mind him joining us :applause:

PickernRoller
06-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Gasol to Miami. I can see that.............................................. .NOT.

Nice try tho Pau.....my guess is you end up a TimberWOLF.

pauk
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Lebron was drafted as a SG/PG (comboguard) and has been starting PG-SG-SF-PF in the NBA... mostly SF followed by SG, PG, PF in that order... due to that / his game he is more accurately in basketball terms a point-forward, just like Magic in his first 4 years in the NBA (where Magic started SF/SG but played like a PG, Norm Nixon started PG), the only difference is Lebron got just a tad bit more of a scoring mindset. :cheers:

Nash
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
gasol ain't coming to miami, no money there.

gasol seems like a cool and smart guy, he doesn't hate, just tells it like it is.

Bandito
06-01-2014, 07:55 PM
That judas.

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Lebron was drafted as a SG/PG (comboguard) and has been starting PG-SG-SF-PF in the NBA... mostly SF followed by SG, PG, PF in that order... due to that / his game he is more accurately in basketball terms a point-forward, just like Magic in his first 4 years in the NBA (where Magic started SF/SG but played like a PG, Norm Nixon started PG), the only difference is Lebron got just a tad bit more of a scoring mindset. :cheers:
You just completely made that up.

boldarblood
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=pauk]Lebron was drafted as a SG/PG (comboguard) and has been starting PG-SG-SF-PF in the NBA... mostly SF followed by SG, PG, PF in that order... [/QUOTE

:biggums:

I believe he was expected to be a SF, he was 6'8" 240# if memory serves me, bigger than your typical SG/PG.

quick google search turned up this

http://nbadraft.net/players/lebron-james

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=pauk]Lebron was drafted as a SG/PG (comboguard) and has been starting PG-SG-SF-PF in the NBA... mostly SF followed by SG, PG, PF in that order... [/QUOTE

:biggums:

I believe he was expected to be a SF, he was 6'8" 240# if memory serves me, bigger than your typical SG/PG.

quick google search turned up this

http://nbadraft.net/players/lebron-james
No, no, no...

He was a combo guard!

http://i.imgur.com/P3kRr.gif

Cocaine80s
06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Bron was ranked as a sg in high school

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-LeBron-James-4019

RedBlackAttack
06-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Bron was ranked as a sg in high school

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-LeBron-James-4019
James was never considered anything but a small forward with the potential to be a point forward in the NBA with the right system. This is silly.

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/030703topsmallforwards.html

He didn't even play guard in high school. At SVSM, Dru Joyce III was the team's PG and the SGs were Brandon Weems and Corey Jones.

Calling him a "combo guard" coming into the NBA is just silly.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 08:45 PM

:applause: :applause:

$LakerGold
06-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Pau jabbing at Kobe. lol jk

PickernRoller
06-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Pau jabbing at Kobe. lol jk

LakerGold, Spurs avy. :biggums:

$LakerGold
06-01-2014, 09:09 PM
2nd favorite team. :P