PDA

View Full Version : We're all Spurs fans now, right?

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I wanted the Thunder to beat the Spurs, but I can't help but respect the way that organization handles business. Case in point...

Ginobili - Will be 37 in July. 57th overall draft pick in 99. Has had his ups and downs, but will be ultimately remembered as being the best bench player of all time. Absolutely dynamite when he gets rolling.

Parker - 32 years old and a lot of wear and tear. 28th overall pick in the draft. When he first got the nod over Antonio Daniels as the starting PG, I was unhappy because I believed in Daniels and did not believe Parker would ever be this good. Parker improved his shot and game tremendously over the years. Truly a perennial top 5 PG.

Duncan - Age 38. Nothing needs to be said.

Point being, this team has a LEGITIMATE "big three" and they did it the RIGHT way. They did not leave or collude after not winning titles for so many years. They stuck with it. To each their own, but I HAVE to RESPECT this team as a basketball enthusiast. Here's to hoping the GOOD GUYS win.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
And no, I am not undermining the great role players the Spurs have had over the years. From Avery Johnson to Steve Kerr, and so many more. Just a great organization. I was simply focusing on the mainstays.

Real14
06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Wrong:lol

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Wrong:lol

Sold your soul to the Heat side?

Real14
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Sold your soul to the Heat side?
Hell no:roll:

Mrofir
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm a Spurs fan this month

RagaZ
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Good vs Evil.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Hell no:roll:

Then who the hell are you going for? Pick ONE.

plowking
06-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Heat did it the right way, but better, since they've won more titles in the span of coming together.

Real14
06-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Then who the hell are you going for? Pick ONE.
I would be laughing at anybody that lose, lemme put it dat way. I can't stand Lebron and Duncan:coleman:

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
what s the ''right way''?
Do you know the definition of ''collude''? Heat didnt break any rules.

And Spurs tanking for Duncan is in your ''right way''?

RagaZ
06-01-2014, 08:11 PM

The right way = The Spurs way.

Doing it via the draft > Doing it via Free Agency and collusion.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I would be laughing at anybody that lose, lemme put it dat way. I can't stand Lebron and Duncan:coleman:

So you want to see the series somehow end in a tie. Gotcha.

TMT
06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
This matchup is intriguing purely because of the "stars that were bought" vs. "team that was built" perspective. They are really on opposite sides of the spectrum in terms of how they amounted to their success.

Fudge
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Most classy franchise in the NBA VS. the most classless.

Who y'all pulling for doe?

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 08:17 PM
This matchup is intriguing purely because of the "stars that were bought" vs. "team that was built" perspective. They are really on opposite sides of the spectrum in terms of how they amounted to their success.

Speak your mind, doe. :coleman:

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
The right way = The Spurs way.

Doing it via the draft > Doing it via Free Agency and collusion.

no team has done it via collusion

zoom17
06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Most classy franchise in the NBA VS. the most classless.

Who y'all pulling for doe?

Shut up Hick fan:roll:

Heavincent
06-01-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm in full support of the Spurs 2014 Revenge Tour.

Fudge
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Shut up Hick fan:roll:
Was I wrong, little boi?

Rodmantheman
06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2riI2zuF2JY/UDv5ekPcS2I/AAAAAAAAAUQ/eS_8_qD6at8/s1600/jedis+y+siths.jpeg

poido123
06-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Heat didn't break the rules, but they knowingly manipulated the rules by forming a superteam and they didn't really lose much money doing it because of the tax loophole.

Star players in their prime no less :oldlol:

alanLA92
06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Nope. :no:

Anaximandro1
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
true basketball fans love the Spurs

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/855240203.gif

time to put an end to the hero ball era.

zoom17
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM

This Heat Team don't play Hero ball Lebron is unselfish:facepalm

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Heat didn't break the rules, but they knowingly manipulated the rules by forming a superteam and they didn't really lose much money doing it because of the tax loophole.

Star players in their prime no less :oldlol:

there s no such thing as manipulating rules. You either break rules or dont.
Heat didnt break any, thus it cant be called collusion.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-01-2014, 08:38 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2riI2zuF2JY/UDv5ekPcS2I/AAAAAAAAAUQ/eS_8_qD6at8/s1600/jedis+y+siths.jpeg
http://uroswag.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/29-shocked-patrick.jpg

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

poido123
06-01-2014, 08:40 PM
there s no such thing as manipulating rules. You either break rules or dont.
Heat didnt break any, thus it cant be called collusion.

Do you know what manipulating rules means?

It means you can still "technically" keep to the rules but essentially you're doing the wrong thing.

It obviously doesn't concern you, you're a Heat/Lebron fan, but for the rest of us, we see an uncompetitive, bitch move made by 3 stars in their primes.

It's just sad.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-01-2014, 08:40 PM

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/o/v/1aba96bb14.gif
That's the sexiest thing I've seen that isn't related to the female physiology.

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Do you know what manipulating rules means?

It means you can still "technically" keep to the rules but essentially you're doing the wrong thing.

It obviously doesn't concern you, you're a Heat/Lebron fan, but for the rest of us, we see an uncompetitive, bitch move made by 3 stars in their primes.

It's just sad.

It cant be wrong as long as you dont break the rules of the game.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Dat ball movement, doe. :bowdown:

poido123
06-01-2014, 08:48 PM
It cant be wrong as long as you dont break the rules of the game.

You tell yourself that.

I don't expect the Heat generation fans to understand ethics or earning their way to titles.

The instant gratification generation :facepalm

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:50 PM
You tell yourself that.

I don't expect the Heat generation fans to understand ethics or earning their way to titles.

The instant gratification generation :facepalm

you mean understand ''your ethics''?
because NBA s ethics = the league s rules and Miami didnt break any of them

poido123
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
you mean understand ''your ethics''?
because NBA s ethics = the league s rules and Miami didnt break any of them

You should be on my ignore list.

Your logic and reasoning is unbearable.

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 08:55 PM
You should be on my ignore list.

Your logic and reasoning is unbearable.

as soon you bring ignore list or start insulting, you lose the argument

i owned you, you dont have any arguments, discussion is done!

poido123
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Settings won't allow me to put you on ignore yet.

I had an argument, you responded with bullshit. Where else did you think you were gonna go except for on my ignore list?

PickernRoller
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Rooting for the vulture franchise? Boy please....

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Settings won't allow me to put you on ignore yet.

I had an argument, you responded with bullshit. Where else did you think you were gonna go except for on my ignore list?

if it really was bullshit, then you would be able to explain why it was that way, since you cant, that means it wasnt bullshit. It only means that you got owned, you didnt have any argument, and to dont lose face, you brought ignore list.

Fudge
06-01-2014, 09:02 PM

:lol

Chill out. You didn't own anybody. Now put your helmet back on and go back in your room. Don't forget to lock the door.

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 09:10 PM
lol @ people comparing the Spurs and the Heat how they formed their teams.

Spurs drafted Duncan when they had a player named David Robinson. You might have heard of him. Duncan got his first ring in his second season in the league. It's not like he got drafted to a shit team like Cleveland and had to spend years struggling with a shitty team before he sniffs the finals. Don't even know how you can compare the situations at all.

kamil
06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Point being, this team has a LEGITIMATE "big three" and they did it the RIGHT way. They did not leave or collude after not winning titles for so many years. They stuck with it. To each their own, but I HAVE to RESPECT this team as a basketball enthusiast. Here's to hoping the GOOD GUYS win.

They should have won last year.

poido123
06-01-2014, 09:18 PM
if it really was bullshit, then you would be able to explain why it was that way, since you cant, that means it wasnt bullshit. It only means that you got owned, you didnt have any argument, and to dont lose face, you brought ignore list.

Your logic is what's wrong here.

If you can't understand what bending the rules is, then it's your issue not mine.

You're talking about 3 individuals who joined together in their prime and took a paycut to gain an unfair advantage over their competition.

So what you're saying is, it's ok to cheat the system as long as "technically" you stay within the rules.

Is that right?

poido123
06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
lol @ people comparing the Spurs and the Heat how they formed their teams.

Spurs drafted Duncan when they had a player named David Robinson. You might have heard of him. Duncan got his first ring in his second season in the league. It's not like he got drafted to a shit team like Cleveland and had to spend years struggling with a shitty team before he sniffs the finals. Don't even know how you can compare the situations at all.

Livinglegend is being a dick about it.

You're a decent heat fan so this isn't directed at you.

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 09:20 PM

If you can't understand what bending the rules is, then it's your issue not mine.

You're talking about 3 individuals who joined together in their prime and took a paycut to gain an unfair advantage over their competition.

So what you're saying is, it's ok to cheat the system as long as "technically" you stay within the rules.

Is that right?
I'm just curious... would you consider the Celtics w/ Garnett/Allen cheating then? How about the CP3 trade the Lakers tried to do? Or how about bringing Dwight into town when Kobe was still putting up 25/5/5?

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
:lol

Chill out. You didn't own anybody. Now put your helmet back on and go back in your room. Don't forget to lock the door.
reported

HoopsFanNumero1
06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Why is pedo always whining in Heat threads? :facepalm

poido123
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm just curious... would you consider the Celtics w/ Garnett/Allen cheating then? How about the CP3 trade the Lakers tried to do? Or how about bringing Dwight into town when Kobe was still putting up 25/5/5?

Totally different ethical level.

While I don't agree with the whole "teaming up" concept, KG, Pierce and Ray were outside of their primes and to most people, weren't breaking an ethical issue with how they formed.

It's just a logic thing, nothing about how the Heat formed up sat well with anyone, it crossed the line of competitiveness.

Nobody talks about the celtics doing that, because it wasn't much of an issue, the players were out of their prime. Guys who get past their prime earn the right to do what they want. It's an unsaid rule, joining up in your prime is bitchmade and lacks competitive sprit, it just does.

PsychoBe
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm just curious... would you consider the Celtics w/ Garnett/Allen cheating then?

How about the CP3 trade the Lakers tried to do?

Or how about bringing Dwight into town when Kobe was still putting up 25/5/5?

at the end of their careers? :roll: :roll: :roll: that big-3 was good for one title and 2 final appearances, that's a no better resume than the billups-sheed-wallace-hamilton pistons.

was against the rules

and dwight left that team to join another 25/5/5 sg only to lose in the first round in the deepest conference in years :roll: :roll: :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM

While I don't agree with the whole "teaming up" concept, KG, Pierce and Ray were outside of their primes and to most people, weren't breaking an ethical issue with how they formed.

It's just a logic thing, nothing about how the Heat formed up sat well with anyone, it crossed the line of competitiveness.

Nobody talks about the celtics doing that, because it wasn't much of an issue, the players were out of their prime. Guys who get past their prime earn the right to do what they want. It's an unsaid rule, joining up in your prime is bitchmade and lacks competitive sprit, it just does.
Garnett was still putting up about 20/10 those days. I just have a hard time believing that you wouldn't consider it "cheating" if the Heat had done it in 2013 instead, with Wade past his prime and Bosh on the decline. Then again, I'm not sure what move wouldn't have been considered cheating. He could have gone to the Bulls, but then he'd be joining an MVP caliber player in his prime... if he went to the Knicks he would be joining Melo in his prime. I suppose you wanted him to stay in Cleveland, but any Bulls fan wouldn't want LeBron to be on a contending team in the east for obvious reasons.

I suppose nobody seemed to care as much about Dwight going to the Rockets w/ prime Harden/Lin, or even the fact that Kevin Love is talking with the Celtics about to join prime Rondo. I mean I get that the Celitcs are a shit team but it's still the same concept of players in their prime coming together in free agency.

I just don't see how 27 year old LeBron can be patient enough to stay with Cleveland, or join a shitty team and wait for the draft to get players that he'd have to develop with over a few years... He had already spent 7 years in Cleveland and would be wasting his prime by joining a team that wouldn't be a contender his first year there. I mean the same people who criticize him now for joining the Heat are the same people who said he was worthless without a ring. If he had joined a team like the Hawks or Raptors or some shit, they might not have contended for the ECF until maybe this year or so. I doubt LeBron wanted to wait till he's 30 to have a shot at contending for a ring...

moe94
06-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Fvck the Spuds.

Paul George 24
06-01-2014, 09:42 PM
duncan and leonard fans :rockon:
duncan fans since 1997 :banana:

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 09:48 PM

Is that right?

You are too narrow minded. Get off your haters glasses and see the reality. The reality is that you cant cheat without breaking the rules.
You feel that they cheat the system because you are a Lebron hater and you dont want to see him win. The only rule they broke was the Lebron haters rule that said Lebron cant get help.

aj1987
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Pedo being his usual self and bitching and crying about the Heat.

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 09:54 PM

All these rules that you are making are rules made by Lebron haters, they broke the Lebron haters ethics which said Lebron cant get help, if Lebron gets help, it s the wrong way.

poido123
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Garnett was still putting up about 20/10 those days. I just have a hard time believing that you wouldn't consider it "cheating" if the Heat had done it in 2013 instead, with Wade past his prime and Bosh on the decline. Then again, I'm not sure what move wouldn't have been considered cheating. He could have gone to the Bulls, but then he'd be joining an MVP caliber player in his prime... if he went to the Knicks he would be joining Melo in his prime. I suppose you wanted him to stay in Cleveland, but any Bulls fan wouldn't want LeBron to be on a contending team in the east for obvious reasons.

I suppose nobody seemed to care as much about Dwight going to the Rockets w/ prime Harden/Lin, or even the fact that Kevin Love is talking with the Celtics about to join prime Rondo. I mean I get that the Celitcs are a shit team but it's still the same concept of players in their prime coming together in free agency.

I just don't see how 27 year old LeBron can be patient enough to stay with Cleveland, or join a shitty team and wait for the draft to get players that he'd have to develop with over a few years... He had already spent 7 years in Cleveland and would be wasting his prime by joining a team that wouldn't be a contender his first year there. I mean the same people who criticize him now for joining the Heat are the same people who said he was worthless without a ring. If he had joined a team like the Hawks or Raptors or some shit, they might not have contended for the ECF until maybe this year or so. I doubt LeBron wanted to wait till he's 30 to have a shot at contending for a ring...

Old players can put up good numbers, but their most athletic years are behind them. Then you look at actual impact of those numbers in a game, tells a different story again. Kevin Love doesn't exactly exude dominance with his big numbers does he?

There really isn't a need for the best player in the game in his prime to move anywhere. People certainly would of looked at Lebron differently had he joined Bulls or Knicks, but also avoiding making a TV premiere of his "decision", that certainly didn't help, along with all the stupid things he's said.

The best player in the game chose to play with two other allstars, Wade was still top 5 player in the game, Bosh maybe top 10-15. I mean, where does this teaming up stop?

Will players in the future start halving their max salary in their prime to make allstar teams? What do they have to lose? They have already earned enough money to live comfortably the rest of their life.

poido123
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
All these rules that you are making are rules made by Lebron haters, they broke the Lebron haters ethics which said Lebron cant get help, if Lebron gets help, it s the wrong way.

"Haters" is reserved as a term for people who have no good reason to hate other than blind homerism.

People who don't support things that bring the game into disrepute or questionable competiveness is not "Hating".

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
"Haters" is reserved as a term for people who have no good reason to hate other than blind homerism.

People who don't support things that bring the game into disrepute or questionable competiveness is not "Hating".

what competiveness?
They lost in the finals the next year.
They had to go trough 3 tough game 7s the next 2 years to win the championship.
It s not like they won 3 years straight, all the wins 4-0 series.

What happened to Jordan s competiveness when he threatened to retire when Bulls said they would let Pippen leave?

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
You are too narrow minded. Get off your haters glasses and see the reality. The reality is that you cant cheat without breaking the rules.
You feel that they cheat the system because you are a Lebron hater and you dont want to see him win. The only rule they broke was the Lebron haters rule that said Lebron cant get help.

Hater this, hater that, hater, hater, hater :facepalm

You sound really stupid.

I see many teams win over the years, teams that weren't the Heat and I don't hate on them? What the Heat have done is threatening an unwanted trend happening in the NBA. Where does this teaming up shit stop? Guys taking half salary to make an allstar team, it's not good for competitive balance or the sport.

navy
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Why is pedo always whining in Heat threads? :facepalm
He will lead the Heat Spurs thread in post by the end of it.
Annoying motherfvcker. :oldlol:

navy
06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Guys taking half salary
Please stop posting. :roll:

livinglegend
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Hater this, hater that, hater, hater, hater :facepalm

You sound really stupid.

I see many teams win over the years, teams that weren't the Heat and I don't hate on them? What the Heat have done is threatening an unwanted trend happening in the NBA. Where does this teaming up shit stop? Guys taking half salary to make an allstar team, it's not good for competitive balance or the sport.

again, this is their 4th year and they were 1st in their conference only 1 time. You acting like they are way above their competition.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM

I was ready to end the conversation. Others decided to join the discussion, most of the threads on ISH are about Lebron or the Heat? I don't even make any of them.

I'm not going to sit there and read shit if it's shit. I'll say something about it.

HoopsFanNumero1

He is, but trolling Heat fans is pretty much his life. He even admitted it in the past. I remember when he made a thread telling everyone how he's leaving this site forever. Then he came running back like a dog within a week :oldlol:

Rose'sACL

Are you an idiot or just a 12 yr old kid? Jordan lacked competitive spirit because he didn't leave Chicago to play for a small market team.
I can do it too.
I want spurs to win because I like how they play and because Duncan is my favorite player of all time behind bird.
Why can't idiots like you have good reasons to support a team other than what espn/YouTube comments tell you?

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Please stop posting. :roll:

"Technically" it's within the rules right? :oldlol: Free Agents can accept whatever deal they see fit.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM

The fact that you had to explain something so obvious makes me sad, but good post.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:10 PM
He is, but trolling Heat fans is pretty much his life. He even admitted it in the past. I remember when he made a thread telling everyone how he's leaving this site forever. Then he came running back like a dog within a week :oldlol:

I realised people like you would get too much satisfaction from that :lol

Like why is there 7 Heat posters joining in on a discussion I had with ONE poster?

Are you guys that insecure?

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Old players can put up good numbers, but their most athletic years are behind them. Then you look at actual impact of those numbers in a game, tells a different story again. Kevin Love doesn't exactly exude dominance with his big numbers does he?

Kevin love's numbers are insane. The only thing holding him back is a solid team... Rubio is absolute trash. His numbers would exude dominance if he was on a team that could actually get in the playoffs. When he plays, there is no doubt he is dominant on the court. People just write him off because he isn't on a playoff team.

There really isn't a need for the best player in the game in his prime to move anywhere. People certainly would of looked at Lebron differently had he joined Bulls or Knicks, but also avoiding making a TV premiere of his "decision", that certainly didn't help, along with all the stupid things he's said.
If Michael Jordan had been drafted to the Cavaliers team that LeBron was, he would likely be ringless as well. Jordan got to play with 2 other HOFers in their prime as well as the greatest coach ever. He didn't have to go anywhere because he had a solid organization. Look at what the Cavs have been able to do since LeBron left. It just goes to show they are an absolutely awful organization.

The best player in the game chose to play with two other allstars, Wade was still top 5 player in the game, Bosh maybe top 10-15. I mean, where does this teaming up stop?
Kobe (arguably top 10) had a top 6 all time player in his prime as well as solid role players and the GOAT coach. LeBron wants to be remembered as a great but didn't have the help that guys like Shaq/Jordan had. Don't forget Bird had Parrish/Mchale, Magic had KAJ/Worthy (vice versa), Jordan had Pippen/Rodman/PJax, and the list goes on. It's simply a fact that he wouldn't have been viewed in the same light as those guys unless he had similar historically good help. Now here we are at their 4th finals appearance in a row, looking at a 3 peat, which would put him in elite company as Jordan/Shaq/KAJ/etc..

Will players in the future start halving their max salary in their prime to make allstar teams? What do they have to lose? They have already earned enough money to live comfortably the rest of their life.
Who really cares? Regardless of how teams acheived their lineups, there are so many "stacked" teams in the league

Heat - Wade/LeBron/Bosh
Thunder - Durant/Ibaka/Westbrook (the only team w/ 2 top 7 players in the league)
Spurs - Duncan/Parker/Ginobli (Nobody played more than 30 mpg and they were a 62 win team)
Rockets - Dwight/Harden/Lin/Parsons is a solid base. They underachieved because Harden choked and McHale sucks.

Not to mention we had a Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden team a couple years ago, who the Heat beat quite easily.

Let me ask you poido... if LeBron wants to be remembered as a legend, how would that be possible in Cleveland? Most likely if he were in Cleveland, he would still be ringless despite playing amazing basketball. The organization/city didn't attract players in their direction, and they're historically proven to be shitty w/ draft decisions (aside from the obvious LBJ pick up). Now that he's in Miami, he's looking to pick up his 3rd FMVP this year in a row... You really think he could have been remembered as the great player he is if he were to stay in Cleveland? Nobody remembers players without rings

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Are you an idiot or just a 12 yr old kid? Jordan lacked competitive spirit because he didn't leave Chicago to play for a small market team.
I can do it too.
I want spurs to win because I like how they play and because Duncan is my favorite player of all time behind bird.
Why can't idiots like you have good reasons to support a team other than what espn/YouTube comments tell you?

I hit a nerve. So sorry

navy
06-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I was ready to end the conversation. Others decided to join the discussion, most of the threads on ISH are about Lebron or the Heat? I don't even make any of them.

I'm not going to sit there and read shit if it's shit. I'll say something about it.
You post more in Heat threads than damn near anyone else. You're obsessed. It's embarrassing constantly reading your hating drivel.

Do what you want bro. I aint even mad. :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
06-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Like why is there 7 Heat posters joining in on a discussion I had with ONE poster?

Insecure? :lol

I'm sitting here laughing at how pathetic you are.You literally have a meltdown every time the Heat win.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 10:16 PM
poido123 isn't "hating." He's merely echoing what so many believe and are just too exhausted to reiterate over and over. Anyone denying what the Heat did are just blindly supporting their own agenda, whatever that may be. The Heat's collusion was unprecedented and anything they "achieve," will be tainted.

It is what it is.

Go Spurs.

navy
06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Insecure? :lol

I'm sitting here laughing at how pathetic you are.You literally have a meltdown every time the Heat win.

What's funny is after every game of the Finals, Heat haters will meltdown. Win or lose. It's going to be hilarious. Heat cant even get through the garbage Pacers without a million threads about them.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Kevin love's numbers are insane. The only thing holding him back is a solid team[/COLOR]... Rubio is absolute trash. His numbers would exude dominance if he was on a team that could actually get in the playoffs. When he plays, there is no doubt he is dominant on the court. People just write him off because he isn't on a playoff team.

Not true. Kevin Love's numbers should be the reason why the Wolves are making the finals. They didn't yet again.

If Michael Jordan had been drafted to the Cavaliers team that LeBron was, he would likely be ringless as well. Jordan got to play with 2 other HOFers in their prime as well as the greatest coach ever. He didn't have to go anywhere because he had a solid organization. Look at what the Cavs have been able to do since LeBron left. It just goes to show they are an absolutely awful organization.

Totally hypothetical, but who knows. Jordan was pretty effective when he had a side kickick and a decent rebounding defender in the front court. Lebron got his team to the finals, is it inconceivable to think the GOAT couldn't carry them past the Spurs?

Kobe (arguably top 10) had a top 6 all time player in his prime as well as solid role players and the GOAT coach. LeBron wants to be remembered as a great but didn't have the help that guys like Shaq/Jordan had. Don't forget Bird had Parrish/Mchale, Magic had KAJ/Worthy (vice versa), Jordan had Pippen/Rodman/PJax, and the list goes on. It's simply a fact that he wouldn't have been viewed in the same light as those guys unless he had similar historically good help. Now here we are at their 4th finals appearance in a row, looking at a 3 peat, which would put him in elite company as Jordan/Shaq/KAJ/etc..

Context. How truly amazing has this conference been? Has Lebron really had to work hard playing in one or 2 competitive series a year?

Who really cares? Regardless of how teams acheived their lineups, there are so many "stacked" teams in the league

It doesn't justify making a decision based on your lack of competitive drive or wanting to win the right way.

Heat - Wade/LeBron/Bosh
Thunder - Durant/Ibaka/Westbrook (the only team w/ 2 top 7 players in the league)
Spurs - Duncan/Parker/Ginobli (Nobody played more than 30 mpg and they were a 62 win team)
Rockets - Dwight/Harden/Lin/Parsons is a solid base. They underachieved because Harden choked and McHale sucks.

Nobody here is questioning that good players need help to win championships. Lebron made the playoffs on a few occasions, made a finals, and had 60 win team playing for the Cavs.

Not to mention we had a Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden team a couple years ago, who the Heat beat quite easily.

Clearly outmatched by inexperience and Lebron was simply too overpowering for Durant's skinny frame.

Let me ask you poido... if LeBron wants to be remembered as a legend, how would that be possible in Cleveland? Most likely if he were in Cleveland, he would still be ringless despite playing amazing basketball. The organization/city didn't attract players in their direction, and they're historically proven to be shitty w/ draft decisions (aside from the obvious LBJ pick up). Now that he's in Miami, he's looking to pick up his 3rd FMVP this year in a row... You really think he could have been remembered as the great player he is if he were to stay in Cleveland? Nobody remembers players without rings

He was entering his prime. His team had already been very successful. Him winning rings is entirely up to how he does it. Take the bitch road? And people will judge him based on how he went about it. If He won a ring staying in Cleveland? He would be viewed with the same respect Dirk gets for his title.

Rose'sACL
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM

do a poll on how many trolls are anti-heat and how many like the heat . i would consider you a troll too given that the "right way" according to you is the one which manipulates the rules to get a good lottery team by not trying your best to win games.
I am just happy that spurs were intelligent to not try to win too many games after the injury because they knew they weren't good enough to win it all. They got duncan and i don't care how they did it.
According to me, lakers do it the nest way possible by trying to win most of the time. This is why if heat don't changwe their philosophy in the future then they would most likely be the more successful franchise than the bulls in a few year. They might already be considered better if they win this year given how much younger they are compared to the bulls.

west_tip
06-01-2014, 10:25 PM
It's an unsaid rule, joining up in your prime is bitchmade and lacks competitive sprit, it just does.

:applause: Leaving the team that drafted you to team up with would-be-rivals and taking a paycut in the process to ensure an easier route to a championship just doesn't sit well with most real basketball fans who want to see competitive games and great rivalries.

Not to mention the list of elite players who won a championship with a franchise other than the one who drafted them in the past 30 years is pretty exclusive (8 or 9 players at most) and in almost every instance the player was nearing retirement rather than in their prime and/or was traded rather than a free agent.

Clyde Drexler was 32 when he joined the Rockets, Payton was damn near 40 when he won a championship with the Heat. KG was traded to the Celtics at the end of his 12th year in the league. Yet people will try and cite these as being similar to Lebron's decision in kind when they aren't remotely the same.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:31 PM
:applause: Leaving the team that drafted you to team up with would-be-rivals and taking a paycut in the process to ensure an easier route to a championship just doesn't sit well with most real basketball fans who want to see competitive games and great rivalries.

Not to mention the list of elite players who won a championship with a franchise other than the one who drafted them in the past 30 years is pretty exclusive (8 or 9 players at most) and in almost every instance the player was nearing retirement rather than in their prime and/or was traded rather than a free agent.

Clyde Drexler was 32 when he joined the Rockets, Payton was damn near 40 when he won a championship with the Heat. KG was traded to the Celtics at the end of his 12th year in the league. Yet people will try and cite these as being similar to Lebron's decision in kind when they aren't remotely the same.

Good post. Exactly right. :applause:

Fudge
06-01-2014, 10:32 PM

Good shit. You're well on your way to becoming my favorite poster, in place of Budadiiii.

Love.

Rocketswin2013
06-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I can't wait to see the meltdown from all of ISH when Miami wins again.

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 10:36 PM
He was entering his prime. His team had already been very successful. Him winning rings is entirely up to how he does it. Take the bitch road? And people will judge him based on how he went about it. If He won a ring staying in Cleveland? He would be viewed with the same respect Dirk gets for his title.
LeBron's been in his prime practically the whole time he's been in the league. He was putting up 27 ppg his second year. Sure he's improved his skill set, but it's really not a HUGE leap in terms of production between Cleveland/Miami LeBron. He's more efficient now, but a lot of that is playing w/ other players who can create their own shot.

And you're saying "IF he wins a ring in Cleveland"... that's a huge statement alone. He got swept by the Spurs in his first finals w/ Cleveland. He was taking on practically the entire offensive load on that team and that kind of strategy won't win chips. How is he supposed to beat the 2012 Thunder w/ the Cavs? Durant/Westbrook/Harden were some of the best players in the league at that time. You're basically saying his ceiling on the Cavs would be the same as Dirk... He'd retire a 1-2 ring guy who was able to lead a team to win a ring without any significant help. Now that he's on the Heat, he's looking to 3 peat at the age of 29 with several years left for him to do more.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
LeBron's been in his prime practically the whole time he's been in the league. He was putting up 27 ppg his second year. Sure he's improved his skill set, but it's really not a HUGE leap in terms of production between Cleveland/Miami LeBron. He's more efficient now, but a lot of that is playing w/ other players who can create their own shot.

And you're saying "IF he wins a ring in Cleveland"... that's a huge statement alone. He got swept by the Spurs in his first finals w/ Cleveland. He was taking on practically the entire offensive load on that team and that kind of strategy won't win chips. How is he supposed to beat the 2012 Thunder w/ the Cavs? Durant/Westbrook/Harden were some of the best players in the league at that time. You're basically saying his ceiling on the Cavs would be the same as Dirk... He'd retire a 1-2 ring guy who was able to lead a team to win a ring without any significant help. Now that he's on the Heat, he's looking to 3 peat at the age of 29 with several years left for him to do more.

I'm basing judgement of what he actually did and how he did it.

And no, he would be up above or around where Hakeem is now if he won the 1 title, If he won 2 in amazing fashion? He could push up around 3-6 alltime. Hell, Wilt is considered consensus top 5 with only 2 titles. Everything is context and everything has a story on how it played out.

6 titles playing on a superteam will likely equate to 2 titles with the cavs, because there is a context to how you won.

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm basing judgement of what he actually did and how he did it.

And no, he would be up above or around where Hakeem is now if he won the 1 title, If he won 2 in amazing fashion? He could push up around 3-6 alltime. Hell, Wilt is considered consensus top 5 with only 2 titles. Everything is context and everything has a story on how it played out.

6 titles playing on a superteam will likely equate to 2 titles with the cavs, because there is a context to how you won.
lol this is just funny now. I know it's your opinion, but very very few people in the world would remember him more for 2 rings on the Cavs, vs 6 rings on the Heat. Had he not 2 peated, guys like Frank Vogel wouldn't be calling him the MJ of our era. In fact, he likely wouldn't have a ring right now if the Cavs were anything like they used to be, and Durant would have won the ring in 2012.

poido123
06-01-2014, 10:56 PM
lol this is just funny now. I know it's your opinion, but very very few people in the world would remember him more for 2 rings on the Cavs, vs 6 rings on the Heat. Had he not 2 peated, guys like Frank Vogel wouldn't be calling him the MJ of our era. In fact, he likely wouldn't have a ring right now if the Cavs were anything like they used to be, and Durant would have won the ring in 2012.

Remember him more yes, respect him more no.

diamenz
06-01-2014, 10:57 PM
and the biggest 'right-fighter' award on this board goes to:

livinglegend

J Shuttlesworth
06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Remember him more yes, respect him more no.
Agree to disagree on that. A 6 time champion would be respected far more than a 1-2 time one. Nobody will care how they joined together after the fact. The only place I hear about it is on internet forums TBH, especially since he's been able to get it done with Wade injured/declining.

poido123
06-01-2014, 11:03 PM

Lebron's impact on a game now is lightyears ahead of second year Lebron.

Jordan averaging insane 37 points a game in 86-87, does not mean he was a better player than a 93 Jordan who averaged 32. Lebron has developed a post game the last few years, is clearly more damaging and his jumpshot more reliable than any Cavs version. He passes the ball better than he ever has. He finds the right guy more often than not.

poido123
06-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Agree to disagree on that. A 6 time champion would be respected far more than a 1-2 time one. Nobody will care how they joined together after the fact. The only place I hear about it is on internet forums TBH, especially since he's been able to get it done with Wade injured/declining.

No worries. I appreciate that you didn't get all upset from my opinion, since that's why we are on ISH in the first place :oldlol: :cheers:

Megabox!
06-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Soo many bandwagon haters, sh*t is hilarious and sad at the same time. Just enjoy the damn finals between 2 great teams

BuffaloBill
06-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Good vs Evil.

It's really evil vs evil

BuffaloBill
06-01-2014, 11:12 PM

Funny enough the meltdown will be 3x as large if the Heat lose.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 11:12 PM
It's really evil vs evil

How?

BuffaloBill
06-01-2014, 11:31 PM
How?

A lot of people hate the spurs. People always call them old/boring/dirty/floppers. And they're white walkers

http://giant.gfycat.com/EvilGlamorousFreshwatereel.gif

KingBeasley08
06-01-2014, 11:37 PM
This. Already got my popcorn ready :rockon:

stalkerforlife
06-01-2014, 11:45 PM
A lot of people hate the spurs. People always call them old/boring/dirty/floppers. And they're white walkers

http://giant.gfycat.com/EvilGlamorousFreshwatereel.gif

lol

Adam Silver
06-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Would it be funnier to screw the Heat or Spurs? Which one would make you more angry?

DaSeba5
06-01-2014, 11:58 PM

:banana:

stalkerforlife
06-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Would it be funnier to screw the Heat or Spurs? Which one would make you more angry?

Let them play, Mr. Silver!

Adam Silver
06-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Let them play, Mr. Silver!

That's boring. I want the games to be interactive.

Lakers Legend#32
06-02-2014, 04:21 AM
I'm a Lakers fan and I feel so dirty for saying this, but yeah Go Spurs.

Cannot stand the thought of ESPN and the NBA channel shoving Queen LeBron down our throats as a three-peat champ.

SamuraiSWISH
06-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Can't stand the Euro Spurs. Dislike Duncan, hate Ginobili, and Parker. Hope King James finally puts on a dominant Finals performance if they disrespect him again. I'm talking game 7 caliber performances for the entire series is how he should perform. Plus, D-Wade gets his 4th ring.

BoutPractice
06-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Always liked them, but I have nothing against the Heat either.

This is an amazing rematch between two great teams. Last year they gave us one of the best Finals ever so I hope they do it again, no matter who wins.

zoom17
06-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Can't stand the Euro Spurs. Dislike Duncan, hate Ginobili, and Parker. Hope King James finally puts on a dominant Finals performance if they disrespect him again. I'm talking game 7 caliber performances for the entire series is how he should perform. Plus, D-Wade gets his 4th ring.

:rockon:

brantonli
06-02-2014, 04:27 AM

The best thing about that play is that Duncan actually had 2 wide open shooters to choose from, Danny Green on the wing and Diaw in the corner. Always having multiple options to choose from.

Adam Silver
06-02-2014, 04:32 AM

Plays like this made it hard to help the Thunder. What could my refs call to stop that?

rmt
06-02-2014, 06:51 AM

Euro? Duncan's from the Caribbean, and Manu is from South America.

Hard for Laker fans to choose. Either long-time rival Spurs or Lebron moving fast on Kobe. Suspect most will choose Spurs.

BoutPractice
06-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Plays like this made it hard to help the Thunder. What could my refs call to stop that?
Don't you see Duncan's outrageous offensive foul? :D Let's not have any shame while we're at it.

All Net
06-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Honestly I don't mind who wins.

As long as I get to see great basketball that's all that matters. Part of me hopes Miami wins as this place will take longer to clear the troll mess if LeBron loses.

Purch
06-02-2014, 07:04 AM
To be completly honest, it's not very often that a team gets a chance to redeem themselves. Redemption stories are the easiest to get behind in sports

East_Stone_Ya
06-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Honestly I don't mind who wins.

As long as I get to see great basketball that's all that matters. Part of me hopes Miami wins as this place will take longer to clear the troll mess if LeBron loses.

lol

FLDFSU
06-02-2014, 07:56 AM

Is that right?

Unfair advantage? The Heat got to play with 6 men or with two basketball balls?

Thank God the Mavs didn't have this attitude

JohnFreeman
06-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Would love to see Wade win another

FLDFSU
06-02-2014, 08:13 AM

I didn't see you complain when Noah is trying to team up with Melo. Isn't that unfair?

JohnFreeman
06-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Jesus, Poido is a whiny cvnt

Eye Test
06-02-2014, 08:14 AM
right

annbafan
06-02-2014, 08:57 AM
because of threads like this i want the heat to win badly.

russwest0
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Everyone I've talked to is rooting for the Spurs for a number of reasons.

-Had a much tougher road to the Finals and deserve it more for that reason
-To shit on media networks like ESPN who are rooting for the Heat
-Classier organization built from the ground up

The list goes on and on

ihoopallday
06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
To be completly honest, it's not very often that a team gets a chance to redeem themselves. Redemption stories are the easiest to get behind in sports

:lol So why was everyone still rooting for Miami to fail in 2012? The majority of basketball fans don't want LeBron getting another ring.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Everyone I've talked to is rooting for the Spurs for a number of reasons.

-Had a much tougher road to the Finals and deserve it more for that reason
-To shit on media networks like ESPN who are rooting for the Heat
-Classier organization built from the ground up

The list goes on and on
everyone i talked to thinks russwest is a fakkit

coin24
06-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Go spurs:party: :djparty :hammertime: :party: