PDA

View Full Version : What if Lebron puts up a 2007 NBA Finals performance against the Spurs this year...

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Its actually quite possible seeing how he aint doing much better last year with a better Heat team. What do you think it will be like?
:rolleyes:

Natureland
06-02-2014, 02:26 AM
The board wouldn't be able to function at all during any of the games if he was that bad.

J Shuttlesworth
06-02-2014, 02:27 AM
Its actually quite possible seeing how he aint doing much better last year with a better Heat team. What do you think it will be like?

:lol wow some people :hammerhead:

He's a completely different player now. Won't even be close to 2007

DaSeba5
06-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I would be shocked. He's light years ahead as a player compared to back then.

This forum would go nuts. It would probably crash.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-02-2014, 02:29 AM

7 pts. 20% shooting :coleman:

Spurs5Rings2014
06-02-2014, 02:30 AM

He looked like '07 LeBron in most of the games last year in the finals.

:confusedshrug:

It's crazy what a fluke shot will do for someone's legacy.

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 02:31 AM
I would be shocked. He's light years ahead as a player compared to back then.

This forum would go nuts. It would probably crash.

This forum would crash no matter what.
:lol

DaSeba5
06-02-2014, 02:32 AM
This forum would crash no matter what.

J Shuttlesworth
06-02-2014, 02:32 AM
7 pts. 20% shooting :coleman:
Foul trouble. How does it work?

DaSeba5
06-02-2014, 02:33 AM

A fluke shot that the greatest 3 point shooter practices all of the time? There's a reason why he was able to step back without looking down and make that 3.

J Shuttlesworth
06-02-2014, 02:37 AM

Fluke shot after a 21 point second half by LeBron james to get his team in position to win with the rest of the big 3 only scoring combined 24 pts :facepalm

If we're gonna all it a fluke, we can say Danny Green's miraculous 3 point shooting was a fluke, and the Heat should have won in 5.

Dropping 32/10/11 and then 37/12 in two back to back elimination games in the NBA finals is not the same as 2007 Bron. Deal with it :roll:

pauk
06-02-2014, 03:02 AM
First of all, excuse me but did you see the Finals last year when they played against this exact team?

Anyways.... impossible, the Cavs in 07' aside from Lebron consisted of nothing but scrubs, it was the worst supporting cast any star had in a NBA finals, especially at the age of 21.... all Spurs had to do was send all defensive focus on Lebron and let those other guys "try beat them".... Pistons in ECF tried doing that aswell but Lebron was just on ridicilous historically hot zone at the correct timing to push them further to Finals.... they were not supposed to be there.... Lebron got back to planet earth and his teammates could do just everything less against an even better team than Pistons....

Today Lebron is a far more skilled & smarter player, even if you switched this Lebron today with 07' Lebron with that cast he surely would do a much better job producing and perhaps winning at least 1 more game....

The point is, the Heat is a team you cant do that strategy with, Lebron will punish you using his teammates.... those are not Boobie/Hughes/Pavlovic.... and even if you force him into a 24-7 jumpshooter he WILL gladly take those shots and MAKE THEM today far more than in 07'.... but not before he does something which he technically/statistically is even the BEST at today and was horrible at back then, post you up and scramble your defense completely....

Lebron will get his numbers and win his 3rd FMVP this Finals, i will be surprised if Spurs can win even 2 games........ just watch.....

Doctor Rivers
06-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Lebron will get his numbers and win his 3rd FMVP this Finals, i will be surprised if Spurs can win even 2 games........ just watch.....

o....k....

Mass Debator
06-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Does Lebron's legacy hurt more with a "shit" performance (18/7/7) + ring and Wade gets FMVP or with a great series (28/7/7) and lose in a tight game 7?

coin24
06-02-2014, 11:48 AM
First of all, excuse me but did you see the Finals last year when they played against this exact team?

Anyways.... impossible, the Cavs in 07' aside from Lebron consisted of nothing but scrubs, it was the worst supporting cast any star had in a NBA finals, especially at the age of 21.... all Spurs had to do was send all defensive focus on Lebron and let those other guys "try beat them".... Pistons in ECF tried doing that aswell but Lebron was just on ridicilous historically hot zone at the correct timing to push them further to Finals.... they were not supposed to be there.... Lebron got back to planet earth and his teammates could do just everything less against an even better team than Pistons....

Today Lebron is a far more skilled & smarter player, even if you switched this Lebron today with 07' Lebron with that cast he surely would do a much better job producing and perhaps winning at least 1 more game....

The point is, the Heat is a team you cant do that strategy with, Lebron will punish you using his teammates.... those are not Boobie/Hughes/Pavlovic.... and even if you force him into a 24-7 jumpshooter he WILL gladly take those shots and MAKE THEM today far more than in 07'.... but not before he does something which he technically/statistically is even the BEST at today and was horrible at back then, post you up and scramble your defense completely....

Um.. Did you see the finals last year??

Games 1-5 bran was a no show, getting left wide open and bricking shots like crazy..
If not for Ray Allen in game 6 he would be a laughing stock right now still.:lol

kamil
06-02-2014, 11:53 AM

Completely?

plowking
06-02-2014, 11:54 AM

He put up 25/11/7... You know a lot of people consider Magic Johnson's finals great, and he didn't put up those all around numbers in all of them?

Anyway, I can't see the Spurs getting some kind of jump or advantage on him this time around. They can't sag off him like they did last year, otherwise he'll stick it this time around.
It was a shock tactic used to throw a player completely off his rhythm. It worked for about 3 or 4 games, but he figured it out. I'm guessing Pop knew about Lebron being a better shooter when guarded tight then wide open, and he put it into practice.

I'd still be surprised if the Heat win. I think the Spurs are better this year, and the Heat worse. And they have the HCA.

aj1987
06-02-2014, 02:09 PM
:facepalm

Last season he averaged 26/7/6/2/1 on 51% through the first 3 rounds.
This season, he's averaging 27/7/5/2/1 on 56%, even though he played only 36 minutes against the Pacers and scored 23 PPG.

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 02:57 PM

Last season he averaged 26/7/6/2/1 on 51% through the first 3 rounds.
This season, he's averaging 27/7/5/2/1 on 56%, even though he played only 36 minutes against the Pacers and scored 23 PPG.

I was saying that he wasnt doing much better in 2013 finals compared to 2007 finals, not about the playoffs series before the finals.

aj1987
06-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I was saying that he wasnt doing much better in 2013 finals compared to 2007 finals, not about the playoffs series before the finals.
:facepalm :facepalm

Are you freaking serious? LeBron put up 25/11/7/2/1 on 45% last Finals.

Also, aren't you the dude who said Miami won't win more than 45 games last season?

Kiddlovesnets
06-02-2014, 03:17 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

Are you freaking serious? LeBron put up 25/11/7/2/1 on 45% last Finals.

Also, aren't you the dude who said Miami won't win more than 45 games last season?

Well 45% FG is very low for Lebron, and before game 6 the number was around 41% if I recall correctly.

And what 45 wins? I dont remember making a thread like that, maybe its some other fans.

aj1987
06-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Well 45% FG is very low for Lebron, and before game 6 the number was around 41% if I recall correctly.

And what 45 wins? I dont remember making a thread like that, maybe its some other fans.
Much higher than the 36% he shot in the '07 Finals. Please stop posting and embarrassing yourself, dude. '07 Finals LeBron and '13 Finals LeBron aren't even remotely similar.