PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher is new Knicks head coach

insidehoops
06-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Nick Collison said Fisher should

knickscity
06-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Could be a done deal in the making Phil already took a fine talking about him.

smoovegittar
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Gotta get him in and start rolling...

Rameek
06-06-2014, 10:02 AM
What will happen if he decides to work in LA instead of NY?

Is there a trend here?

percelloveknicks
06-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I'd rather have mark jackson

knickscity
06-07-2014, 12:18 PM
I'd rather have mark jackson
Phil isnt considering retreads. he's hiring someone he can mold.

Jack showed in one year he isnt willing to work with his boss....a clear no go.

Rameek
06-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Looks like LA has backed off publicly (Thanks Jeanie Buss)

knickscity
06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Howard beck and Frank isola are reporting Fisher is basically a done deal, just ironing out the contract.

smoovegittar
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Boom! Now we're rolling. Time to start tweaking the roster. Where's Euroleague with the trade scenarios? Hardaway, Shumpert and Tyler for Jimmer! :oldlol:

Rameek
06-10-2014, 02:17 AM
These new coaches with no experience are getting grossly overpaid.

el gringos
06-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Boom! Now we're rolling. Time to start tweaking the roster. Where's Euroleague with the trade scenarios? Hardaway, Shumpert and Tyler for Jimmer! :oldlol:
Jimmer is a free agent.

You still think Phil hired fisher, Cartwright, rambis, and possibly fox and Walton but that fisher won't be coaching the triangle?

el gringos
06-10-2014, 06:28 AM
These new coaches with no experience are getting grossly overpaid.
Why did they lowball Kerr then? Did fisher get that extra money as a way to avoid bad press by "missing their guy" twice?

Rameek
06-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Why did they lowball Kerr then? Did fisher get that extra money as a way to avoid bad press by "missing their guy" twice?
They didnt low ball honestly. New coaches avg about 2 to 3 mill. Experience with a resume about 4 to 5 mill. Elite coaches and executive/coaches 5 or more. The Warriors set a bad precedense.

el gringos
06-10-2014, 08:02 AM
They didnt low ball honestly. New coaches avg about 2 to 3 mill. Experience with a resume about 4 to 5 mill. Elite coaches and executive/coaches 5 or more. The Warriors set a bad precedense.
It's a lowball offer once you see what a guy with the same experience got from the same team that wasn't willing to pay the "first choice".

Maybe the reports of what Kerr was actually offered were wrong, but he was a guy that another team wanted but fisher without another team wanting him got that much more?

Rameek
06-10-2014, 09:09 AM
It's a lowball offer once you see what a guy with the same experience got from the same team that wasn't willing to pay the "first choice".

Maybe the reports of what Kerr was actually offered were wrong, but he was a guy that another team wanted but fisher without another team wanting him got that much more?
There was no low ball offer. Kerr's experience dictated he got a fair contract offer from the Knicks I think 4.4 was too high. GSW set a precedence. JKidd got 2.5 mill bro. This is what probably forced the issue with the Knicks that they had to overpay Fisher.

franchize
06-10-2014, 12:14 PM
I have no issue with us getting Fisher or going after Kerr. I do have an issue with the way our coaching search was handled. Granted, we're all on the outside looking in, but it doesn't appear Phil did his due diliigence. It looks like he just wanted a ventriloquist dummy to carry out the coaching PHIL-osophy he's too unhealthy to implement for an 82 game season. While to some this may seem like an excellent idea, I do not like it at all. I want a good coach. Not just an obedient one. Knowing how to listen to Phil doesn't mean you know how to make on the fly, in game adjustments. So you may have a great plan A, but freeze up when it comes to plan B.

don't even get me started on the $5mill per pricetag lmao I think that's more than any contract he's gotten as a player in his lengthy career.

knickscity
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
So now Phil has an extension of himself on the bench for the same amount of time he'll be here.

I like it solely it promote stability, but Fisher certainly has player respect and is a leader type. Nobody kept Kobe under wraps better than he did.

I'm good with this, since the man with 11 rings is good with this.

smoovegittar
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
So now Phil has an extension of himself on the bench for the same amount of time he'll be here.

I like it solely it promote stability, but Fisher certainly has player respect and is a leader type. Nobody kept Kobe under wraps better than he did.

I'm good with this, since the man with 11 rings is good with this.
I'm riding with this. And I think PJ wanted Fish all along, but that's my opinion.

Fish will be worth every penny. You can bump this anytime.

insidehoops
06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Popovich still jokingly questioned Fisher

el gringos
06-11-2014, 03:25 PM
I have a feeling that this is step 1 in fishers development to taking Phil's current job. In 5 years fisher is team president and the coach is Luke Walton or someone like that that they both groom over these next few years. Phil is a genius for getting tons of cash and being able to have others do the dirty work for him.