PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Free Agents - Raptors could chase ?

Jballer
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Assuming that Masai has another magic hat and could turn the contract(s) of Landry Field (expires) / Novak (a good shooter) into something worth $8Million a year i.e. less than Derozan money.

Perhaps flipping picks is another piece of the puzzle ? i.e 20 for lower being (Rockets 25 Utah 23 and Pacers something).

Sign and trade.

I think I could see any of these deals albiet I am a little cooler on Turner than the other 2; especially as there is no pick this year.

Any others you would chase ?

---

Franciso Garcia - Rockets.

Has a player option, plays D, makes 3 pointers.

Evan Turner - Pacers

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team somenights

Gordon Hayward - Jazz
Jazz should have the cap room based on guys dropping but perhaps they are interested in a slightly higher pick and shorter contracts?

Jballer
06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Chandler Parsons - Rockets

-sign and trade from a RFA Offer sheet ?
-Lowry Money ?

Yahoo Sports and the Houston Chronicle both report that the Rockets will likely decline the fourth-year option on Parsons’ rookie contract, making him a restricted free agent this summer. Houston will therefore have the ability to retain Parsons by matching any offers made to him. Had the Rockets picked up Parsons’s option for 2014-15, worth $964,750, he would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2015.

Legends66NBA7
06-04-2014, 01:46 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/06/04/chandler-parsons-free-agent-houston-rockets-restricted/

Trevor Ariza and Luol Deng will also be available in the FA class, but man if Parsons is on the market, the Raptors should definitely try and give him a look.

You get a younger player (compared to Ariza and Deng) and fits perfectly for what we need. Might also need to get another SF right after, though. I really don't want to see John Salmons back on this team again.

Chamberlain
06-04-2014, 02:19 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/06/04/chandler-parsons-free-agent-houston-rockets-restricted/

Trevor Ariza and Luol Deng will also be available in the FA class, but man if Parsons is on the market, the Raptors should definitely try and give him a look.

You get a younger player (compared to Ariza and Deng) and fits perfectly for what we need. Might also need to get another SF right after, though. I really don't want to see John Salmons back on this team again.

I honestly came into this thread to say the same thing. Chandler Parsons would be a perfect fit on this team, in my opinion.

kmart
06-04-2014, 11:32 PM
No idea who you're going to give up to get Parsons. Certainly cannot sign him outright.

Maybe a deal where you part with your first round pick, Salmons, and Hansborugh for Parsons and Asik? That way Houston gets cap relief to sign their covetted star and we get Parsons.

kmart
06-04-2014, 11:40 PM
After watching the Raps get dominated by bigger wing guys I'm hoping they get a Tucker, Sefolosha, or a Deng type of player to keep up with the Joe Johnsons of the world.

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2014, 03:02 AM
I would say yes to Tucker as well, same with Deng and Ariza. I would decline on Thabo. He's not big enough, IMO.

Jballer
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM
A simpler transaction "might work"

Landry Fields and 20th pick ( $8M + $1.3M ~ $9.3M)

for

Chandler Parsons and 25th pick (4 years $34 Million ~ $8.5M + $900k)

The really big if of course is Houston wanting Fields.

Houston is on record as chasing one of : Melo, LBron (if he options), Bosh, Nowitski. In order to achieve that kind of deal they need to "sign and trade" back Osik, Lin and hopefully an expiring contract role player i.e. Landry's.

Mind you they could simply match and use Parsons in the same deal back as he is obviously a talent.

(It would be really ironic if the Knicks ended up taking back a package of Lin Osik and Fields for Melo :cheers: )

Jballer
07-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Bump:

Now Lowry is locked and loaded and Salmons was parlayed into Lou Williams... we are flirting with the Luxury Tax.

The Raptors only potential move is likely a sign and trade (RFA or UFA) in the amount of Landry Fields / Steve Novak / Lottery protected Knicks pick in 2016.. or $7.5, $3.8 and $1.3 ~ $12 Million

(or some combination less than $12 based on the sign and trade players).

Evan Turner - Pacers

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team somenights

Gordon Hayward - Jazz

Jazz should have the cap room based on guys dropping but perhaps they are interested in a slightly higher pick and shorter contracts?

<<Edit Rumors CAVs tendering a max deal for Utah to match>>

Chandler Parsons - Rockets

-sign and trade from a RFA Offer sheet ?

Luol Deng - Cavs

Very unlikely as he turned down the Bulls offer at ??

Ed Davis - Grizz

- Memphis ?
Interestingly the opposite side of the Patterson coin ? Doesnt shoot great but rebounds better than Patterson ?

Vince Carter - Mavs

Assumes Dallas would be interested in the short term deals of Lowry / Novak in their quest to perform a sign and trade max deal for Melo / Lbron.

Jballer
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Add others as you please.

Jballer
07-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Greg Monroe - Pistons

I have no idea if $12 would cut it
But Fields/Novak/ Draft pick would be palatable to the Pistons as it gives them a player, a known shooter with consistency, and a pick.
Gives the Raptors the heir apparent to Amir and a fairly premium double double threat.

Qwyjibo
07-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Parsons would be a dream to get on the Raptors. A perfect fit as the starting SF. I don't see any way the Raptors can get him though. He'll probably get some big offer sheets.

That goddamn Landry Fields contract. It's ruining everything right now. I still can't believe that there was a single person on Earth that thought it was a good idea at the time.

Zan Tabak
07-03-2014, 02:40 PM
That goddamn Landry Fields contract. It's ruining everything right now. I still can't believe that there was a single person on Earth that thought it was a good idea at the time.

To this day that signing pisses me off. This is the last year on that contract...right?. Someone please say yes.

kmart
07-03-2014, 03:05 PM
To this day that signing pisses me off. This is the last year on that contract...right?. Someone please say yes.

http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif

Jballer
07-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Seems the Pacers signed CJ Miles from the Cavs to a multiyear deal which puts cap pressure on both Evan Turner and Lance Stepheson.

I dont think the Pacers can bring back both based on cap. May have troubles bringing back just one of them to boot. Another website indicates nearly $60M spent without Miles and a couple of signings to make.

Assuming Indy is looking for a contract that will expire (Fields - final year) one of these two become a serious candidate.

Evan Turner - Pacers SF
Lance Stephenson - Pacers SG

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team some nights.

Lance has a "rep" for locker room issues ? Evan from Philly nothing big either way.

bk33
07-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Most of the guys on the list aren't available for a 2016 pick.

Out of the ones we could get I think Evan Turner could help us, we could use another playmaker outside Lowry and DD. I don't know if Pacer still hold his bird right to be able to SnT him now that they've declined him a qualifying offer.

More realistic, but not ideal, scenario is to trade Fields/Novak expirer for solid player whose overpaid with a long contract that the team wants to dump.

Jballer
07-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Most of the guys on the list aren't available for a 2016 pick.

Out of the ones we could get I think Evan Turner could help us, we could use another playmaker outside Lowry and DD. I don't know if Pacer still hold his bird right to be able to SnT him now that they've declined him a qualifying offer.

More realistic, but not ideal, scenario is to trade Fields/Novak expirer for solid player whose overpaid with a long contract that the team wants to dump.

No I agree most guys wont go for a pick.

I was indicating some combination of Lowry / Novak / and the pick to make the dollars work right i.e. between ~ $ 6 and $12Million where some combination of 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 3 go..

Jballer
07-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Thabo S -

3 year deal with Hawks

I think I am relieved.:cheers:

Jballer
07-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Seems the Pacers signed CJ Miles from the Cavs to a multiyear deal which puts cap pressure on both Evan Turner and Lance Stepheson.

I dont think the Pacers can bring back both based on cap. May have troubles bringing back just one of them to boot. Another website indicates nearly $60M spent without Miles and a couple of signings to make.

Assuming Indy is looking for a contract that will expire (Fields - final year) one of these two become a serious candidate.

Evan Turner - Pacers SF
Lance Stephenson - Pacers SG

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team some nights.

Lance has a "rep" for locker room issues ? Evan from Philly nothing big either way.

Marc Stein reporting Indy is chasing Rondo with Celtics and looking for a thrid team to get involved....

Indy is in luxury tax level

Toronto is at cap below luxury tax level

Boston is well under with draft picks.

Hmmm I wonder if Masai been on the phone all afternoon.

clipse
07-04-2014, 08:41 AM
I would like to get Jeff Green from the Celtics. Don't know if we have the pieces to tempt Boston though.

rightsideup
07-04-2014, 07:42 PM
I would like to get Jeff Green from the Celtics. Don't know if we have the pieces to tempt Boston though.he is a good player who show's flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent.

clipse
07-04-2014, 11:52 PM
he is a good player who show's flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent.

I agree, however on the Celtics, there weren't nearly as many options, or playmakers until rondo returned. I think on this version of the raps, now would be a great time to try and get him, especially if Boston decides it's time to hit the reset button. He's also on the kind of contract that makes sense for the type of production he should provide. He can space the floor, is a fair size for sf, athletic, and I believe he can play defense if in the right system. I also haven't heard of him being a locker room distraction. I've always been a fan of his since he was on okc, so it'd be pretty sweet if Masai could make it work.

Although, I really believe other teams would be able to offer more, and highly doubtful ainge trades him within the division.

Jballer
07-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Updated:

Narrowed list to what we evidently could afford on the MLE - given the CAP discussion and other threads.

Not sure I have every potential we want. Add others you think should be on list.

I guess the question boils down to "next season and the season after".

If we are going to use the MLE this year on someone for SF depth AND...

....we have about $18 Million in cap space open up next season (Fields/Hayes/Hansborough/Lou Williams) THEN..

...who do you sign assuming you "maybe chasing a premier talent".

P.J. Tucker - Suns

Former Raps draft pick

Evan Turner - Pacers

Vince Carter - Mavs

Assumes Dallas lets go because they land Deng and or some other talent.

Richard Jefferson - Utah

Vet Presence.