PDA

View Full Version : Three way trade idea: Boston, Orlando, OKC

Facades
06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcpodwj

Maybe the thunder send a pick Orlando's way as well.

hawkfan
06-02-2014, 08:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcpodwj

Maybe the thunder send a pick Orlando's way as well.

Thunder will probably let Sefolosha go and give more minutes to Lamb and Roberson, who are on their rookie deals. Plus Reggie Jackson is due an extension soon.

Facades
06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
OKC could also give that first rounder to Boston instead, if Boston feels like they're giving up too much in this scenario.

Cowboy Thunder
06-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Westbrook?!?! :hammerhead:

JGXEN
06-02-2014, 08:22 PM
If I'm Ainge, I take that trade in a heart beat. No way OKC trades Westbrook.

outbreak
06-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Makes zero sense for Orlando, we are trying to move afflalo because he's taking up a roster spot on a team that's looking to rebuild so why would we replace him with Green? Afflalo will be moved for either cheap youth and a pick, or an expiring deal and a pick. A more sane trade is afflalo for thabo, okc's first and pj3. thabo is expiring.

Facades
06-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Makes zero sense for Orlando, we are trying to move afflalo because he's taking up a roster spot on a team that's looking to rebuild so why would we replace him with Green? Afflalo will be moved for either cheap youth and a pick, or an expiring deal and a pick. A more sane trade is afflalo for thabo, okc's first and pj3. thabo is expiring.
The trade could be done that way too, but Orlando's ok with giving up a player like Afflalo for basically just a late first round pick? Because Thabo and PJ3 are ass. Orlando had said they wanted a proven player for Afflalo, so I was going off of that. Maybe their plans have changed though.

GimmeThat
06-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I think it's a good trade. Especially when you factor in the possibility of picks + expiring contract

Celtics make another step at rebuild mode
Thunders is making a mini-rebuild attempt and see whether or not they can take advantage of the MLEs to sign role players.
Magic might be able to argue for more picks while getting an exciting player in Green. Don't know if the guy sells tickets, but if it comes with picks, difficult to argue against that.

But if I were the Thunders, I'd call Magic straight up on a deal involving Perkins/expiring contracts and picks for Afflalo.

Again, will the Thunders owner be willing to go over the cap in order to contend? They are once again in that similar spot where they will be about 10mil over cap - which means about 20-25 mil in real money to be a legitimate contender.

BlazerRed
06-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Lame-ass trade. Afflalo is a free agent after this season. So you're basically giving up Westbrook for a year rental of Afflalo and Rondo (who mind you is just returning from ACL surgery). OKC already lacks scoring, and you replace their second best scoring threat for a below average scorer in Rondo?

OP been smoking some whack-ass shit..

BlkMambaGOAT
06-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Afflalo for Green?

Perkins and Westbrook to the Celts for only Rondo?
:kobe:

OP you funny.

irondarts
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Lame-ass trade. Afflalo is a free agent after this season. So you're basically giving up Westbrook for a year rental of Afflalo and Rondo (who mind you is just returning from ACL surgery). OKC already lacks scoring, and you replace their second best scoring threat for a below average scorer in Rondo?

OP been smoking some whack-ass shit..
They gain scoring with Afflalo and get a true PG to play with KD. Not such a bad deal, but I'm not sure why the Magic would do this.

Milbuck
06-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Orlando wouldn't do this, and the only way OKC even considers it is if the trade is contingent on Afflalo re-signing with them. OKC could potentially get better if Rondo fully returns to his old level, but Boston is far and away the trade winner.

Fudge
06-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Only PG's I'd trade for Russ is Chris Paul or Steph Curry.

Curry + asset.

And I might do CP just straight up for Russ.

GeeWiz
06-02-2014, 09:41 PM
This trade makes zero sense for Orlando, they are in a rebuild, Jeff Green is not the type of player that they want back for Afflalo.

Facades
06-02-2014, 09:46 PM
This trade makes zero sense for Orlando, they are in a rebuild, Jeff Green is not the type of player that they want back for Afflalo.
http://prestointhepaint.com/2014/02/08/nba-trade-rumors-orlando-magic-want-proven-player-arron-afflalo/

Of course Orlando might not be thinking along those lines anymore, but alternatively OKC could offer Orlando a first rounder and some cheap young players.

The Magics
06-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Interesting trade idea. I love me some Jeff Green, but the only way I can see this happening is if Orlando gets some picks, and Rob Hennigan smokes crack in a basement for the next three months.

GeeWiz
06-02-2014, 10:00 PM
http://prestointhepaint.com/2014/02/08/nba-trade-rumors-orlando-magic-want-proven-player-arron-afflalo/

Of course Orlando might not be thinking along those lines anymore, but alternatively OKC could offer Orlando a first rounder and some cheap young players.

The deal you propose is better, young players and picks, thats what they need to turn Afflalo into

j3lademaster
06-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Can we stop with the Westbrook trade ideas? OKc probably has the brightest future of any team in the league for the next 5 years, they're not just going to break that apart.