PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Lakers Vs. 13/14 Heat. Who You Got?

Soundwave
06-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Would be an interesting match up I think

Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Ariza, Fisher, Farmar, Phil Jackson

Versus today's Heat (well I'll let you pick the 2013 or 2014 versions, I think they're largely the same though) ...

LeBron, Wade, Boshtrich, Allen, Chalmers, Andersen, Cole, Udonis, Erik Spo.

Cocaine80s
06-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Heat would rape them

Cold soul
06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Lakers.

Rodmantheman
Heat

BigBoss
The team with the alpha male.

Milbuck
06-03-2014, 12:29 AM
I'd take the Lakers in 7 games, 6 if they're lucky. Kobe and Lebron would get theirs, but Gasol would be the difference maker.

DFish24
06-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Heat are more stacked, but Kobe would take Bran's soul. Depends on how well the Heat step up to bail out Bran. If Ray Allen is feeling it then Heat in 7, otherwise Lakers in 7.

Rodmantheman
06-03-2014, 12:31 AM
I'd take the Lakers in 7 games, 6 if they're lucky. Kobe and Lebron would get theirs, but Gasol would be the difference maker.

http://i.imgur.com/dTHGeTy.gif

AnaheimLakers24
06-03-2014, 12:33 AM
lakers easily.

JohnFreeman
Heat have a top 10 player all time

GimmeThat
In the games where Andew Bynum plays
the Lakers would maybe win 60-80% of the game.

And while that isn't perfect, and makes him not an alpha, as well as a terrible center who probably doesn't belong in the conversation of a championship center.

Lakers.

Soundwave
06-03-2014, 12:34 AM
I think LeBron is the best overall player (though when he is hot Kobe is the most unstoppable) but the Lakers have a pretty decided edge in the paint between Gasol/Bynum/Odom. I think that would wear the Heat down.

Rodmantheman
06-03-2014, 12:35 AM
I think LeBron is the best player (though when he is hot Kobe is the most unstoppable) but the Lakers have a pretty decided edge in the paint between Gasol/Bynum/Odom. I think that would wear the Heat down.

The Heat would stretch them out no homo:lol

Cocaine80s
06-03-2014, 12:36 AM
the ****ing kobe stans saying lakers are the same ones that call the heat stacked in every other thread :roll:

Soundwave
06-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I agree Ray Allen could be the X-factor that burns the Lakers if he's hitting from the outside but I still think there's too much of a mismatch down low if the Lakers are smart enough to exploit it.

J Shuttlesworth
06-03-2014, 12:42 AM
So it looks like Laker fans are in agreement.

Kobe's team was more stacked than the Heat

kennethgriffin
06-03-2014, 12:44 AM
kobe won that 2009 title with shit sweet f*ck all lol

gasol = 4 time reserve allstar, 0-16 as leader
odom = 0 time allstar, 0 all nba teams, crack head
bynum = 6 ppg average. barely played 10 minutes a game
farmar = ?
sasha = ?
walton = ? lol
fisher = ? a few lucky shots every other year

80% of the 2009 lakers ended up retiring after leaving kobe. they couldnt even find work

heat might beat them if they contain da goat

but if kobes hot anything goes

aj1987
06-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Heat in 5.

DFish24
06-03-2014, 01:33 AM

farmar = ?
sasha = ?
walton = ? lol

80% of the 2009 lakers ended up retiring after leaving kobe. they couldnt even find work

:bowdown:

LongLiveTheKing
06-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Heat in 5.
This, Lebron and Wade will let Kobe win a game out of generosity.

Soundwave
06-03-2014, 03:50 AM

farmar = ?
sasha = ?
walton = ? lol

These are the Laker regular season stats

Bynum: 14 ppg/8 rpg
Gasol: 19 ppg/9 rpg
Odom: 11 ppg/8 rpg

Hardly a team with no talent.

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 09:18 AM

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/2009/02/01/andrew_bynum_injures_right_knee_aga.jpg

PHILA
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM

Their best lineup was with Gasol/Odom at C/F. The passing of those two was something to see. Kobe just has to play up to his capabilities and they probably win due to the interior difference. But then again the Lakers bench was so bad, they could easily lose the series if Phil Jackson relies on them too much.

Mar 18, 2009

The roller-coaster ride the Lakers’ bench has been on recently took another drop to the bottom. And this time, the poor play by the bench left Lakers Coach Phil Jackson expressing his displeasure with his substitutes.

It also left one of those bench players, Josh Powell, explaining how some players on the bench have voiced too many opinions. All of this came on the heels of a last-second, 94-93 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers Tuesday night at Staples Center.

“We have guys bickering out there a little bit too much,” Powell said. “We can’t have that.”

Jackson used six of his reserves in the game, only three of them in the fourth quarter when the Lakers built a 14-point lead but saw it evaporate when Andre Iguodala made a three-pointer as time expired to give the 76ers the victory.

Lakers reserves Powell, Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic played significant minutes in the fourth quarter, but the Bench Mob didn’t get the job done.

Apr 6, 2009

Bad beats: Lakers bench costing vs. big spreads

There’s nothing quite like being back-doored by the Clippers. But the Lakers’ “Bench Mob” should be used it by now. (Enter inappropriate Sasha Vujacic joke here).

Phil Jackson’s squad is just 11-19 ATS as a double-digit favorite this season.

The Lakers were covering, sometimes comfortably, in the second half in 10 of those 19 ATS losses.

But the Lakers’ bench couldn’t put those games away and ended up burning Lakers backers, who, for all intensive purposes, were on the right side.

On Sunday, the Clippers were the latest to take advantage of the Lakers’ bench.

The lesser L.A., a 16-point underdog, trailed the Lakers by double digits throughout the game.

The Lakers seemed to take the fight out of the Clippers with a fourth-quarter run. With six minutes to play, the Lakers led by 19.

It was R&R time for Kobe Bryant and most of the starters.

But it wouldn’t last.

D.J. Mbenga traveled, Jordan Farmar turned it over and, before you know it, it’s a seven-point game with 3:33 to play.

Jackson reinserted the starters, but suddenly the Clippers looked adequate.

Fred Jones caught fire (first time for everything). The former Oregon Duck scored all 10 of his points in the final five minutes.

Eric Gordon added a couple of baskets, and, out of nowhere, the Clippers were within three.

They needed a Baron Davis 3-pointer at the buzzer to fall to force overtime. Luckily for the Lakers, Davis’ potential tying shot hit off the back of the rim. The Lakers survived, 88-85.

For a while, many believed the Lakers were the deepest team in the league. But now their depth is a major concern for Jackson, heading into the playoffs, especially if the second unit continues to not get along.

"We have guys bickering out there a little bit too much," reserve Josh Powell told the Los Angeles Times after the Lakers blew a 14-point fourth-quarter lead in a straight-up loss to Philadelphia in mid-March. "We can't have that."

The Lakers have two games left on the schedule, where they’ll likely be hefty favorites: Tuesday at Sacramento and Sunday vs. Memphis.

How will Jackson handle his bench if his team jumps out to big leads against the Kings and Grizzlies?

Heading into Tuesday night’s game at the Kings, the Lakers trailed Cleveland by just one game in the race for home-court advantage throughout the playoffs.

They can’t afford to let a squandered lead turn into a costly loss.

Jackson knows that and might consider leaving the starters in a little longer with big leads.

Will this help the Lakers cover big numbers down the stretch and early in the playoffs?

We’ll find out.

SilkkTheShocker
06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
LeBron would destroy that team :oldlol:

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 09:38 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2009&year_max=2009&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=CLE&opp_id=LAL&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fg=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Jlamb47
06-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Lakers

Jlamb47
06-03-2014, 09:39 AM

What about 2007 Spurs? or 2011 Mavs?

JohnnySic
06-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Lakers; Heat have no answer for Gasol/Bynum.

PickernRoller
06-03-2014, 09:40 AM
2009 Lakers. Better team, better leader.

I say it goes 6 - close games. Heat are more stacked, but they have a major choker as their leader and Kobe owns Wade. Bosh will have trouble handling two bigs. Haslem is a non-factor. Lakers only issue are the Heat's perimeter defenders/3 pt shooters (beside Bron and Wade).

jcsrplumply
06-03-2014, 09:44 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2009&year_max=2009&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=CLE&opp_id=LAL&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fg=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts
:eek: :eek:

PickernRoller
06-03-2014, 09:47 AM

Don't do Silk like that......a stupid clown w/ no self-respect but cmon now....

He has enough w/ all the fakkits following him around. Then he says we jelly he's g@y.

west_tip
06-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Lakers all day every day, they have too much length.

Ariza-Kobe-Odom-Gasol-Bynum lineup gives the Lakers the ability to defend the perimeter and the paint effectively.

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 09:51 AM
:eek: :eek:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20Situation/Slam/2ea172c5.gif

west_tip
06-03-2014, 09:51 AM

That field goal percentage - 36% and 25%.

Quickening
06-03-2014, 10:03 AM
What's lebrons head to head record against kobe?

dubeta
06-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Wade = Kobe

Gasol+ Odom > (slightly) Bosh/Haslem/Birdman

But LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest of Lakers roster

heat in 5

Remember heat beat the 2011 celtics in 5, when 10 months earlier they were taking the Lakers to 7

HoopsFanNumero1
06-03-2014, 01:09 PM
The team with the best player will win. So Heat.

Droid101
06-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Well.. that sent him running off. He won't be back.

TylerOO
06-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Heatles

annbafan
06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Lakers

on paper it looks like Bynum and Gasol would cause huge problems for the Heat and that should be the deciding factor.

lakerspng
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Wade = Kobe

Gasol+ Odom > (slightly) Bosh/Haslem/Birdman

But LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest of Lakers roster

heat in 5

Remember heat beat the 2011 celtics in 5, when 10 months earlier they were taking the Lakers to 7

2014 Wade = 2009 Kobe...

are you really that f@@kin stupid?

Lebron and Kobe are pretty close to a wash in terms of what they do for their teams over the course of a game... but down the stretch I'll take Kobe. That would be the difference maker in the games. Lakers in 6.

and down the stretch doesn't mean the last shot of the game... it means the last 4-5 minutes in tight games... Kobe's epic in those moments, always has been. That's when he really locks in on both offense and defense and pushes his intensity level to the limit.

Lakers have the edge in the front court for sure. Gasol and Odom would out rebound and outplay the heat's front court in every game. Heat's advantage is taking their bigs outside the paint and shooting long distance shots.

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
2014 Wade = 2009 Kobe...

are you really that f@@kin stupid?

Lebron and Kobe are pretty close to a wash in terms of what they do for their teams over the course of a game... but down the stretch I'll take Kobe. That would be the difference maker in the games. Lakers in 6.

and down the stretch doesn't mean the last shot of the game... it means the last 4-5 minutes in tight games... Kobe's epic in those moments, always has been. That's when he really locks in on both offense and defense and pushes his intensity level to the limit.

Lakers have the edge in the front court for sure. Gasol and Odom would out rebound and outplay the heat's front court in every game. Heat's advantage is taking their bigs outside the paint and shooting long distance shots.
:facepalm Nooooo, no, no , no. I bet Kobe fans were saying Kobe is "far superior" a few years ago. But now they plead to have them "even" or "a wash". I'm no Kobe hater but they are not on the same TIER. LeBron does virtually everything better than him.

That is the difference. Miami will force LA to go smaller because of floor spacing for stretches. LA will keep Haslem and/or Oden on the court because of how huge LA is. But LeBron slams Kobe when it comes down to them talent wise. He will simply outplay him with ease. That's the difference. The better player of the two teams.

lakerspng
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
:facepalm Nooooo, no, no , no. I bet Kobe fans were saying Kobe is "far superior" a few years ago. But now they plead to have them "even" or "a wash". I'm no Kobe hater but they are not on the same TIER. LeBron does virtually everything better than him.

That is the difference. Miami will force LA to go smaller because of floor spacing for stretches. LA will keep Haslem and/or Oden on the court because of how huge LA is. But LeBron slams Kobe when it comes down to them talent wise. He will simply outplay him with ease. That's the difference. The better player of the two teams.

In a team game, a wash means the impact they have for their teams. Kobe's better than LeBron at some things, LeBron's better than Kobe at other things. When it comes down to it, they both are the main reason their team is successful by a large margin. And I think the success they brought to their teams pretty much speaks for itself.

In a one on one situation, player vs player head to head.... Kobe would probably beat him definitively. His individual skill set is far more polished and he's a nasty competitor. LeBron's as effective as he is, because of the team setting of 5 on 5. Both are remarkable athletes and players who have won multiple championships and torched every other player and team in the league. can't really go wrong either way.

red1
06-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Heat are stacked and the lakers were a one man team so I take heat in 4. Gasol can only do so much.

red1
06-03-2014, 02:14 PM
serious doe it can go either way. lakers have the tools to exploit heat's weak frontcourt

Ramza
06-03-2014, 05:07 PM
The Heat would stretch them out no homo:lol
See what you did there :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-03-2014, 05:10 PM

So Kobe shoots 40% in his Finals, now you put WADE on him and you still think he will "get his" ? :lol

kids these days

Rodmantheman
06-03-2014, 05:14 PM
See what you did there :oldlol:

:oldlol:

ImKobe
06-03-2014, 05:16 PM
So Kobe shoots 40% in his Finals, now you put WADE on him and you still think he will "get his" ? :lol

kids these days

Kobe's career numbers against Wade

28.2 ppg 4.1 rpg 4.8 apg on 46/32/87 shooting

Lakers front court hands down owns Miami's, Gasol, Bynum, Odom :oldlol:

Phil Jackson >> Spo

It ain't even close man.

Milbuck
06-03-2014, 05:18 PM

You understand that 2009 Kobe put up 30/5/6/2/1 on 56% TS in the playoffs and 32/6/7/2/1 on 53% TS against the #1 defense in the finals, right? Lebron last season put up 26/8/7/2/1 on 59% TS in the playoffs and 25/11/7/2/1 on 53% TS in the finals. You're acting like we're comparing Steve Francis and prime Jordan.

kids these days
Since when has Wade been a Kobe-stopper? You're just pulling shit out of your ass. And LOL at this form of Wade shutting Kobe down.

ArbitraryWater
06-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Phil Jackson >> Spo

It ain't even close man.

If Kobe will dish the rock enough, Lakers win... But we know that's Kobe's problem, getting the bigs the needed touches.

Mr Feeny
06-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Phil Jackson >> Spo

It ain't even close man.

Kobe's NBA finals numbers are more relevant and he chokes in finals. That's why he averages 40 percrnt shooting there

It never matters how much he scores against the ECF champs in the regular season. Those numbers invariably and inevitably drop when he reaches the finals. #TooMuchPressure

ArbitraryWater
06-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Since when has Wade been a Kobe-stopper? You're just pulling shit out of your ass. And LOL at this form of Wade shutting Kobe down.

^^

Real14
06-03-2014, 05:36 PM
2009 lakers. End thread.

Mr Feeny
06-03-2014, 05:38 PM
2009 lakers. End thread.Alright.

SamuraiSWISH
06-03-2014, 05:40 PM
GREAT question.

2009 Lakers were the best team of the 3 that went to the Finals (2008, 2009, and 2010)

I feel like this 2014 Heat team is better than the 2013 team. LeBron's performing better in the playoffs, Wade is healthy, and the role players have years of championship experience.

2009 Lakers?

Ariza was young, and athletic. Kobe was just a year removed from the last year of his prime. Better than he was from an ability stand point in 2010. It was PEAK Pau Gasol. And Odom played an integral role off the bench.

It comes down to 3 important variables:

Health of D-Wade
Health of Bynum
Bosh's Performance

Lakers have:
The Best Coach (PJ)
Interior / Size Advantage (Gasol / Bynum / Odom)
The Most Unstoppable Player when Hot + 2nd Best Player in Series (Kobe)
Intelligence, Savy, and Experience.

Heat have:
The Best Player (LeBron)
3rd Best Player in Series (Wade)
5th Best Player in Series (Bosh)
Youth and Insane Athleticism.

This is a really good series to be honest. In my heart, I believe it goes 7 games.

I'm going to give the slight advantage to the Heat, but it could go either way to be honest.

All depends on how hot Kobe could get. He was smoking in that WCF v.s. the Nuggets (who were better than the Magic)