PDA

View Full Version : It's starting to feel like the concensus around here is LeBron>Kobe

dannysc305
06-03-2014, 02:45 AM
And the only people defending Kobe are his stans. Most objective fans without a horse in the race are leaning towards LeBron now, no?

Fudge
06-03-2014, 02:46 AM
You insecure or nah?

DFish24
06-03-2014, 02:47 AM
2/5 on OP's mind.

dannysc305
06-03-2014, 02:55 AM
You insecure or nah?

Tf you talking about

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Yes. It's pretty amazing though really. Kobe's fans have disappeared so much. Kobe used to have the biggest legion of stans I have ever seen for any player, AND TEAM.

Not even Lakers fans, just a ridiculous influx of people obsessed with KBB. They probably lurk or some shit. But yeah I'm happy they're gone.

dannysc305
06-03-2014, 02:57 AM
2/5 on OP's mind.

How'd you know I was thinking about Kobe's Finals MVP to ring ratio?

Natureland
06-03-2014, 02:59 AM
Personally I enjoy watching Kobe more, but I don't see how anyone could have him ahead of LeBron at this point unless you're being painfully obtuse about some things.

dannysc305
06-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Personally I enjoy watching Kobe more, but I don't see how anyone could have him ahead of LeBron at this point unless you're being painfully obtuse about some things.

Hmm. That's 2/2 for LeBron so far. Thanks for your input.

Side note: LeBron/Kobe fan votes don't count; neutral parties only.

Cold soul
06-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Well it might have something to do with Kobe being closer to retirement right now while Lebron is still in his prime winning championships. Also some of the Kobe fans are much older now than Lebron fans in general. Mid 20's to early 30's they have lives and family's now which means more responsibilities. I mean most grow up watching and idolizing Kobe playing in mid 90's to early 2000's at young age. The age difference makes a big difference here. How many on ISH still make multiple threads on West, Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Magic for example? Not many the generational difference is big and people being prisoners of the movement from Lebron greatness with two straight champions and going for three peat.

dannysc305
06-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Well it might have something to do with Kobe being closer to retirement right now while Lebron is still in his prime winning championships. Also some of Kobe fans are much older now than Lebron fans in general. I mean most grow up watching and idolizing Kobe playing in mid 90's to early 2000's. The age difference makes a big difference here. How many on ISH still make multiple threads on West, Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Magic for example? Not many the generational difference is big and people being prisoners of the movement.

Solid contribution. Good point.

Myth
06-03-2014, 03:18 AM
I hate them both, and consider LeBron better.

Kobe has more rings, but I chalk that up to a combo of having more time in the league, more years with a better coach (Top 3 coach, argument for #1) and help (prime Shaq >>>> Wade, Bosh). It is already 2 to 2 FMVPs.

4 to 1 MVPs (the main reason I have LeBron over Kobe). Yes, Kobe could have more if you gave him 1 when he couldn't make the playoffs or barely made the playoffs, but LeBron could also have more.

The efficiency difference is huge, and isn't like LeBron gets high efficiency simply because he is a big that gets easy put backs.

Defense is about equal btw IMO, with Kobe having an edge in 1 on 1 defense and LeBron having an edge in help D.

Cold soul
06-03-2014, 03:23 AM
Solid contribution. Good point.

Thank you!

strike first
06-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Kobe is like 50 years old dude nobody even talks about him much anymore

kennethgriffin
06-03-2014, 03:31 AM
right now? sure

all time? lol

5 beats 2 any day of the week

if lebron loses this finals he'l be 2 out of 5 ( losing record in finals )

lebron just made 2nd team all defense this year in his absolute prime

its always been about rings by mvp winners. never mvp's by ring winners

moses malone 3 mvps, 1 ring ( ranked top 15-20 all time )

shaq, hakeem, duncan, kobe all routinely ranked ahead of moses with less mvps but more titles

mvp is a club you're voted into

titles are something you actually have to go out and accomplish

Adam Silver
06-03-2014, 03:33 AM
LeBron is reffed by legit refs, unlike Kobe who got help from the corrupt Donaghy.

Mure
06-03-2014, 03:42 AM
LeBron > Kobe unless you're a helpless stan. It isn't even really close tbh.

annbafan
06-03-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm a fan of either player, but i'd take prime Kobe over anyone but Michael Jordan. and i'm not taking rings, mvps and things like that into account, just their game.

16X
06-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Hmm. That's 2/2 for LeBron so far. Thanks for your input.

Side note: LeBron/Kobe fan votes don't count; neutral parties only.
Kobe's my favourite player and I pick Bran. I guess my vote doesn't count lol?

Up until last year's Finals you could make a decent argument for Kobe, and I did, but after that game 7, I wasn't doubting Lebron anymore. I wasn't ready just yet to put Bran ahead, but I was leaning towards Bran, and I officially put him ahead a couple months ago when it became clear to me that the Heat were more than likely going to be repeating again.

Lebron is a beast physically, and he's a great passer and defender. He just has a bigger all around impact in games than Kobe does. He's done very well head-to-head against Kobe, and Bran has become quite clutch in the past couple of years. I have no more doubts about the man, and I'm not going to get all butthurt and refuse to give Lebron his due just because he teamed up with some good players.

Jlamb47
06-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Lebron > Kobe now
not on my all time list

Prometheus
06-03-2014, 08:46 AM
I suppose you can't count my vote because I am a LeBron fan, but I pretty much stay objective about basketball even when it involves players I like or hate. It's pretty obvious to any level-headed observer that LeBron is a better basketball player than Kobe was.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-03-2014, 08:46 AM
right now? sure

all time? lol

5 beats 2 any day of the week

if lebron loses this finals he'l be 2 out of 5 ( losing record in finals )

its always been about rings by mvp winners. never mvp's by ring winners

moses malone 3 mvps, 1 ring ( ranked top 15-20 all time )

shaq, hakeem, duncan, kobe all routinely ranked ahead of moses with less mvps but more titles

this nikka went on a shitposting spree ever since LeBron reached the finals again
you mad or salty??:coleman:

andgar923
06-03-2014, 08:48 AM
And the only people defending Kobe are his stans. Most objective fans without a horse in the race are leaning towards LeBron now, no?

Bron>>> Kobe

Now and all time

Period.

Bron is the only player that I've seen that has a legit shot at tugging MJ's cape. He's taken some steps in the right direction, but he still needs more to catchup.

Nonetheless, Bron is the best player post MJ and deserves a nod to be on NBA's Mt Rushmore.

raprap
06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
I got LeBron. Better player overall and will have the better resume when he retires. Hell, Lebron's resume right now you can argue that its better than Kobe.

SilkkTheShocker
06-03-2014, 08:51 AM
You rarely see an objective fan on here say Kobe was better.

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
It was inevitable when Lebron stacked the deck at 25 (playing in the east).

And when Ray saved him from 1-4.

But to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YedDU88ieg&t=2m36s

CJ Mustard
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
It's been obvious since about 2009 that Lebron was gonna go down as a better player than Kobe. He's always been more dominant, the only thing Kobe fans held over him was his lack of titles. Now that he's already tied Kobe in rings as the man (and will likely surpass him), the argument is no longer fair.

andgar923
06-03-2014, 09:00 AM
You rarely see an objective fan on here say Kobe was better.

It's about 'consistency'

Kobe is an awesome scorer with an aggressive mentality that Bron doesn't have. But that's about where he beats Bron.

Bron does so much more on a more consistent basis.

YES Kobe can be just as good of an all around player as Bron, MJ and others. But that's not who he is, so he doesn't.

Did I mention Kobe has a low IQ?

Low IQ= inconsistency

SpaceJammeR
06-03-2014, 09:02 AM
ofcourse lebron. more impact on both ends of the floor. more efficient in putting the ball through the hoop.

andgar923
06-03-2014, 09:02 AM
It's been obvious since about 2009 that Lebron was gonna go down as a better player than Kobe. He's always been more dominant, the only thing Kobe fans held over him was his lack of titles. Now that he's already tied Kobe in rings as the man (and will likely surpass him), the argument is no longer fair.

I will get laughed for this
Hell.... I thought Bron was gonna be better than Kobe from his debut game.

He simply had a different feel for the game, was making plays that some vets weren't even seeing.

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Did I mention Kobe has a low IQ?

Low IQ= inconsistency

Which playoff run are you referring to?

Between 2008 and 2010, Kobe was sub 40% in 15 games.

Between 2011 and 2013, Lebron was sub 40% in 10 games.

And Kobe didn't get to play the 40-42 Bucks.

Orlando Magic
06-03-2014, 09:20 AM

Didn't you just also make an entire ****ing thread on defensive first teams between Kobe & LeBron?

You do realize that you get VOTED onto all defensive teams, right? But that doesn't matter, because it doesn't fit your troll agenda. Stay consistent at least you scum bucket.

****ing clown. :)

Adam2k9
06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Derrick Rose is the G.O.A.T

PickernRoller
06-03-2014, 09:38 AM
OP insecure. Guaging how many LeStans and alt accounts will come to his aid. Besides obviously the Kobe hate brigade from franchises like the Spurs, Blazers, and Suns to just name a few. Raptor crap too.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :facepalm

jzek
06-03-2014, 09:47 AM
LeBron has more accomplishments than Kobe.

Kobe's only defense is he has more rings. But here's the thing - he got those rings when he was a SIDEKICK. LeBron was never a sidekick. Just look at the ratio of rings to FMVPs Kobe has. He was a sidekick. Put TMac etc. on the Lakers during those early Laker 00 teams and they still would have won.

Magic 32
06-03-2014, 09:56 AM
LeBron has more accomplishments than Kobe.

Kobe's only defense is he has more rings. But here's the thing - he got those rings when he was a SIDEKICK. LeBron was never a sidekick. Just look at the ratio of rings to FMVPs Kobe has. He was a sidekick. Put TMac etc. on the Lakers during those early Laker 00 teams and they still would have won.

Lebron was a sidekick.

A unsuccessful one.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop-3.gif
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63ecceab8eac17f000003/lebron-james-flop-mavericks.gif

pegasus
06-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Up until this year I'd take Kobe. This year I'd take about 10-15 players before Kobe, because he did not play except for 6 games. Replace Lebron with Kobe in Miami 2010-2013, they win 3 chips.

Kblaze8855
06-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I have 3 close Laker fan friends. One is pretty straightforward about Lebron being better than Kobe was. One begrudgingly admits it. One doesnt think so at all.

Most people id call real fans...as in...they watch most games they can and have opinions they can back up....would put Lebron ahead as a player. Not all...but most.

Could be the trend to always favor who looks best at the moment though. who knows how it levels out over the coming years.

theoneneo
06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I will bump this thread when Lebron plays horrible in the finals once again, and his magical 59% dips to about 45%, this time I don't think the heat will be as lucky either, Spurs in 6 the most

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I will bump this thread when Lebron plays horrible in the finals once again, and his magical 59% dips to about 45%, this time I don't think the heat will be as lucky either, Spurs in 6 the most
This is exactly why Kobe has no case at this point. LeBron's play has to drop well below his own standard to be comparable to Kobe (45%). And he slams him in all-around play(Reb,Ast, Stl,Blk, lower TO's) to go with this. It was known that if LeBron maxed out his abilities and lived up to the hype he would easily be better than most players that are considered all-time greats. Kobe is no exception.