PDA

View Full Version : Your all going to miss "Him" when he retires

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 05:41 PM
The same way you miss highschool/college even though you hated certain expects of it.Its gonna be a sad day when the league is filled with a bunch of rudy gay's and andre iguodala's as the top players.When no player separates themselves from the pack.

im talking about lebron not kobe.i dont fk with rapist

russwest0
06-03-2014, 05:43 PM
You think he retires after next year?

Lakers need to do something fast to keep competitive.

SamuraiSWISH
06-03-2014, 05:44 PM
The only player I've ever really missed was MJ. Mainly from '99 - 2004. It was like the dark ages of the NBA.

Tons of dumb, skill less, but athletic HS prospects. Copious amounts of ISO ball, poor bball IQ, no team offenseive skills and deliberately slowed down basketball games. To the point it became not exciting physicality, but genuinely boring.

But in 2005 LeBron made massive impact, and in 2006 a motivated Kobe kind of ascended to take the throne. And since roughly 2006, LeBron / Kobe featuring Wade have carried this league.

I'll miss Kobe, but given he's like derivative Jordan, it won't be as bad. He's been gone for over a year already and the league hasn't skipped a beat. Even though I'm not a big fan anymore, LeBron will be more missed when he steps away.

outbreak
06-03-2014, 05:47 PM
If by "him" you mean kobe, he's been a non factor for the last few years anyway. No one but lakers fans has really missed him and there's plenty of young talent without having to bring up iguodala and rudy gay.

GeeWiz
06-03-2014, 05:47 PM
I miss having Shaq in the league, he was a beast. Too many players to list.

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 05:52 PM
updated my OP my bad for the confusion.

Rodmantheman
06-03-2014, 05:54 PM
He's only 29 thought you were talking about kobe.

outbreak
06-03-2014, 05:58 PM
even stupider thread if your talking about Lebron....

He won't retire for another 5 years minimum and in that time we will see a bunch of young studs mature and a bunch of new rookies come into the league. The way the league is marketed and controlled these days will prevent a lack of stars anyway, if there ever comes a day where the league does lack stars the NBA still just pick a flashy player that everyone likes and give them BS calls until they look amazing.

russwest0
06-03-2014, 05:59 PM
OP tries to talk about a player we're all going to miss when he retires and everyone thinks he's talking about Kobe so he clarifies and says he was talking about LeFlop :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Johnny Jones
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
The only player I've ever really missed was MJ. Mainly from '99 - 2004. It was like the dark ages of the NBA.

Tons of dumb, skill less, but athletic HS prospects. Copious amounts of ISO ball, poor bball IQ, no team offenseive skills and deliberately slowed down basketball games. To the point it became not exciting physicality, but genuinely boring.

But in 2005 LeBron made massive impact, and in 2006 a motivated Kobe kind of ascended to take the throne. And since roughly 2006, LeBron / Kobe featuring Wade have carried this league.

I'll miss Kobe, but given he's like derivative Jordan, it won't be as bad. He's been gone for over a year already and the league hasn't skipped a beat. Even though I'm not a big fan anymore, LeBron will be more missed when he steps away.
:applause:

Milbuck
06-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Only player I've ever truly missed was Shaq. Not washed up, fatass Cleveland/Phoenix/Boston Shaq, but the Shaq that was dropping 35/15 in the Finals, breaking backboards, getting into fights with Dennis Rodman and Charles Barkley, etc.

I know I'll miss Dirk when he's gone too. Favorite player in the league.

JohnMax
06-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I miss Westbrook and Rose,

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
The same way you miss highschool/college even though you hated certain expects of it.Its gonna be a sad day when the league is filled with a bunch of rudy gay's and andre iguodala's as the top players.When no player separates themselves from the pack.

im talking about lebron not kobe.............

:no: :no: :no: Miss him???? I'm going to strip butt naked and run around my house screaming "yes yes yes yes"

ImKobe
06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
:no: :no: :no: Miss him???? I'm going to strip butt naked and run around my house screaming "yes yes yes yes"

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3983617/daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

JohnMax
06-03-2014, 06:30 PM
I watched fewer Laker games than I did last year. I also did not enjoy the Spurs-Lakers playoff series.

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 06:38 PM
it sounds good now like i said just wait til a james harden type of player is the best player in the league.Your gonna miss having a true great player being the best

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:39 PM
it sounds good now like i said just wait til a james harden type of player is the best player in the league.Your gonna miss having a true great player being the best

I think I'm going to call you Len Biased from now on :coleman:

DuMa
06-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Im not even worried about Bran. hes got a solid 10 years left in the league

Duncan, Garnett and Nash are nearing their end soon. Those dudes will be heavily missed.

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 06:41 PM

I think I'm going to call you Len Biased from now on :coleman:
:confusedshrug: lebron is a great player is he not? just like kobe just like shaq.I don't have a bias bone in my body

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=NBAplayoffs2001]
:confusedshrug: lebron is a great player is he not? just like kobe just like shaq

best player in the league right now? 7 pt 20% :coleman: for one of the true officiating games of his play that IMO should get him at least 4 fouls per game.

SamuraiSWISH
06-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I miss Westbrook and Rose,
I legitmately miss D-Rose more the past 2x years than I have Kobe for the past season. Bryant was on his last legs anyway, wasn't competing for rings, wasn't even all that relevant.

And as I've always said, he was beautiful to watch, but mostly from the perspective that he was cover band Jordan. Derrick was completely unique, totally explosive in a unique, fresh way.

Good post. Don't get the Westbrook comment though. He still plays. Rose was equally explosive and athletic, without the goon over confidence, unlikable attitude and demeanor.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:45 PM
I legitmately miss D-Rose more the past 2x years than I have Kobe for the past season. Bryant was on his last legs anyway, wasn't competing for rings, wasn't even all that relevant.

And as I've always said, he was beautiful to watch, but mostly from the perspective that he was cover band Jordan. Derrick was completely unique, totally explosive in a unique, fresh way.

Good post. Don't get the Westbrook comment though. He still plays. Rose was equally explosive and athletic, without the goon over confidence, unlikable attitude and demeanor.

Agreed. I love Kobe but I totally agree with this.

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 06:48 PM
i don't see another goat caliber player on the horizon thats why im so worried.These last 5 years of lebron career will go by like a blur.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:51 PM
i don't see another goat caliber player on the horizon thats why im so worried.These last 5 years of lebron career will go by like a blur.

Are you serious there are some very talented youngsters? My favorite big whose young is Anthony Davis, kid could be the next Duncan for all we know. Pretty fundamentally sound.

But I do agree with you I HATE james harden, kid is a flopping machine. He could probably beat Lebron in the Emmy nomination for best flopper of the year if the NBA did that.

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Are you serious there are some very talented youngsters? My favorite big whose young is Anthony Davis, kid could be the next Duncan for all we know. Pretty fundamentally sound.

But I do agree with you I HATE james harden, kid is a flopping machine. He could probably beat Lebron in the Emmy nomination for best flopper of the year if the NBA did that.
Anthony Davis at best will be KG and i never considered kg a top 10 type of player all time.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Anthony Davis at best will be KG and i never considered kg a top 10 type of player all time.

No point fighting with a lebron stan. I give up :coleman:

Im so nba'd out
06-03-2014, 06:58 PM
smh im a lebron stan because i respect that he is a great player :rolleyes:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 06:59 PM
smh im a lebron stan because i respect that he is a great player :rolleyes:

Or we have different view on great players :pimp:

Rodmantheman
06-03-2014, 06:59 PM

He isn't a Lebron stan you're irrational hatred of Lebron is getting the best of you.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 07:00 PM
He isn't a Lebron stan you're irrational hatred of Lebron is getting the best of you.

I joined the dark side. Come join :cheers:

BoutPractice
06-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Due to their rare blend of physical traits, natural talent, and mentality, Durant and Davis both have that kind of potential. Then I'd say there's probably (at least) one in the upcoming NBA draft.

SamuraiSWISH
06-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I think the league is in good hands with KD. He's just not Kobe, certainly not LeBron.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I think the league is in good hands with KD. He's just not Kobe, certainly not LeBron.

He lacks the creativity as a playmaker. 2001 Kobe Bryant (forever will be my favorite season of him, he improved leaps fold offensively this season and played team ball and averaged 31/7/6/51% in the playoffs) and I will stop trolling, I do think Lebron is a great player but I'm an "irrational" hater, I really liked Lebron via Cavs more than the Heat (for the 2011 decision and him not coming to the Knicks :( ). I respect Lebron's playmaking skills, he turned a bottom feeder without him in the East as a consistent 1 or 2 seed and gave the 2008 Celtics a great run in the playoffs despite a few lopsided boxscores. He at least kept the playoffs interesting even though he didn't make the finals from the East back in the day.

Graviton
06-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Lebron will be 30 this year, it's pretty ****in depressing imagining the league without him in a couple more years.

I doubt we will see another Kobe/Lebron type competitor that is elite on both ends for a while. Davis is freak of nature, but Idk if he can carry a team deep into the playoffs on his own. Durant is nowhere near Lebron or Kobe as a complete basketball player, his defense and playmaking ability is pretty mediocre. He still has issues figuring out his game, falls on his ass and loses the ball too often in crucial situations, settles for too many long jumpers. I am never scared of KD destroying teams on his own when he steps on the court, he doesn't have that intimidation factor peak Kobe/Lebron have.

Maybe if Wiggins lives up to his hype he can be the next Lebron?

SamuraiSWISH
06-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Maybe if Wiggins lives up to his hype he can be the next Lebron?
Bro, LeBron was a more skilled basketball player as a Sophomore in HS than Wiggins is now. The rest of your post, I totally agree with. Truly. KD can carry the league, he just isn't in the LeBron / Kobe tier. Pair either one of those guys up with a Westbrook caliber talent, and competitor. And they're in the Finals every season. As LeBron has showed since joining Wade in South Beach. As Kobe showed when he was gifted Gasol by undercover Laker, Jerry West.

Graviton
06-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Bro, LeBron was a more skilled basketball player as a Sophomore in HS than Wiggins is now. The rest of your post, I totally agree with. Truly. KD can carry the league, he just isn't in the LeBron / Kobe tier. Pair either one of those guys up with a Westbrook caliber talent, and competitor. And they're in the Finals every season. As LeBron has showed since joining Wade in South Beach. As Kobe showed when he was gifted Gasol by undercover Laker, Jerry West.
Lebron+Westbrook could be so scary, as Russ showed with the Fiba/Olympics team and when he slides to SG at times, he can play off-ball. His cuts are and movement to penetrate the paint are still there, Lebron would find him so easily. Their combined athleticism on the fastbreak though. :eek:

Though Kobe+Westbrook I have harder time picturing, they would choke each other in the locker room. :oldlol:

I still hope Westbrook ends up in Pop's hands so he can mold him into even better player and make him even deadlier.

JellyBean
06-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah I am going to miss the great Kobe Bryant when he retires.