PDA

View Full Version : Steven Adams exit interview - dude is alpha as hell

russwest0
06-03-2014, 05:55 PM
http://newsok.com/full-transcript-of-steven-adams-hilarious-exit-interview/article/4872880

Great to see another player come into the league with such great charisma. Reminds me of Joakaim Noah except he's got a better sense of humor and is more likeable.

Some quotes:

On living in OKC:

I don't want to say it sucks, but it's borderline.

On all the elbows, punches, etc, that he took this season:
[QUOTE]Kinda sad, to be honest with you. I don

J Shuttlesworth
06-03-2014, 05:59 PM
His sister

http://arntrnassets.mediaspanonline.com/radio/s01/677113/valerie-adams-photosport.jpg

"Steven is the youngest of Sid's 18 children with five different women"

Pretty weird background :lol

outbreak
06-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Lock up your sheep OKC

bigkingsfan
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
His sister

That's a man.

J Shuttlesworth
06-03-2014, 06:01 PM
That's a man.
https://iaafmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/media/LargeL/65c574d5-6e78-47a5-8305-df594f82a279.jpg

russwest0
06-03-2014, 06:01 PM
gonna be a shame to see scott brooks deny this man a championship ring

Milbuck
06-03-2014, 06:03 PM
This dude is gonna be scary as **** in a few years. He's a monster, 7 foot 260 pounds with athleticism at just 20 years old, doesn't back down for anybody, and seems pretty intelligent. OKC struck gold with this kid.

outbreak
06-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Also, way to manipulate his OKC quote. He says the weather borderline sucks not OKC as a city. That's some euroleague style manipulating there.

JohnMax
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
His sister has more muscles than Durant

fragokota
06-03-2014, 06:09 PM
His sister has more muscles than Durant

Dude she's a shot put atlete.Sha probably has more muscles than half the nba :lol

Inactive
06-03-2014, 06:34 PM
His sister has more muscles than DurantAre you kidding? She'd probably beat her brother in arm wrestling. Durant isn't even worth comparing.

brantonli
06-03-2014, 06:38 PM
https://iaafmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/media/LargeL/65c574d5-6e78-47a5-8305-df594f82a279.jpg

The Mountain's long lost sister has been found

SCdac
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
lmao @ "I'm the only silverback".. I can totally picture Perk yelling that in the middle of practice all pissed off :oldlol:

russwest0
06-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Dude just arrived in NZ for a few weeks and got interviewed there and had an alpha fvcking quote when asked what he was proud of his rookie season:

"I mean, I haven't accomplished anything man. I set out a goal to get a championship and I didn't get it and fell short. So there's nothing really to be proud of."

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

meanwhile we have scott brooks and durant saying beta shit like "we still had a good season and accomplished a lot. it's not a wasted year." etc.

why can't all of our players be this alpha.

outbreak
06-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Dude just arrived in NZ for a few weeks and got interviewed there and had an alpha fvcking quote when asked what he was proud of his rookie season:

meanwhile we have scott brooks and durant saying beta shit like "we still had a good season and accomplished a lot. it's not a wasted year." etc.

Maybe you should trade out those "betas" and build around Adams, let him run your offence.

russwest0
06-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Maybe you should trade out those "betas" and build around Adams, let him run your offence.

it would be nice if we ran things through him more. he is a capable low post player and passer.

problem is brooks is bashing into his brain "play hard and play defense!" while his objective on offense is to just stand around while durant and westbrook iso.

goddamn okc needs a new coach so bad

russwest0
06-04-2014, 01:12 AM
paged

"I mean, I haven't accomplished anything man. I set out a goal to get a championship and I didn't get it and fell short. So there's nothing really to be proud of."

Spaulding
06-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Great stuff lol

leopoldstotch
06-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Steven Adams is raw. He just needs the proper tutelage. Reminds me of Marc Gasol. He was considered just a defensive center a couple of years ago, and look at him now. contributing on both ends.

Swaggin916
06-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Why don't you guys just suck em off already

JimmyMcAdocious
06-04-2014, 01:25 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/badxy.png

Kendrick Gorillakins :bowdown: :bowdown: Real alpha of OKC.

BasedTom
06-04-2014, 01:27 AM
It's nothing much really. It's not like he said anything particularly alpha. It's just how a lot of kiwis are really. A lot of American athletes are PC as hell for their interviews. Either that or they go full-douchebag mode like Richard Sherman

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 01:30 AM
It's really not that easy. He has pretty good security.

RoseCity07
06-04-2014, 01:30 AM
How is that alpha? Admitted to getting owned by Scrubkins and then said he doesn't like people not liking him. Can't get any more beta than that.

russwest0
06-04-2014, 02:36 AM

dude can you imagine how big his dick must be :eek: :eek: :eek:

shit is probably 12-13 inches big

iBandwagon
06-04-2014, 02:40 AM
As alpha as Adams may seem, the interview actually shows how much more alpha Perkins is. :bowdown:

Rameek
06-04-2014, 02:45 AM
funny guy

Rocketswin2013
06-04-2014, 02:52 AM

:applause:

Al Thornton
06-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Steven Adams is raw. He just needs the proper tutelage. Reminds me of Marc Gasol. He was considered just a defensive center a couple of years ago, and look at him now. contributing on both ends.

he was never considered that. u are crazy

sd3035
06-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Adams is going to be a legend

poido123
06-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Lock up your sheep OKC

:rolleyes: :oldlol:

Really enjoyed that interview, really genuine guy with honest responses :applause:

He dropped the F-Bomb too :lol:

Bobcats2013
06-04-2014, 03:45 AM
How is that alpha? Admitted to getting owned by Scrubkins and then said he doesn't like people not liking him. Can't get any more beta than that.

He has alot of charisma. That is the 2nd most important alpha quality right under competitiveness to win and he has that too. He got some beta in him but he still a teenager, once that mama boy attitude goes out he dun gun rekt the league

GimmeThat
06-04-2014, 03:52 AM
He might be the MVP in a league not named NBA

but I'm thinking that's a whole lot of people in this world.

Yes, I did mean in a league that isn't nessecarily professionals.

AintNoSunshine
06-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Durant is like the 9th most alpha dude on the team. Westbrook, Perk, Ibaka, Adams, Fisher all >>>>> DuBeta when it comes to it:facepalm

NZStreetBaller
06-04-2014, 06:42 AM
You guys do realize his sister is a two time olympic gold medalist right??? if thats one of his sisters imagine how tough his brothers are and he's the youngest thats why he's so tough and these wannabe tough guys in the NBA just dont phase him. If you guys knew how maori families are in NZ you'd know that Steve probably is the toughest guy in NBA already.

ILLsmak
06-04-2014, 06:53 AM
http://newsok.com/full-transcript-of-steven-adams-hilarious-exit-interview/article/4872880

Great to see another player come into the league with such great charisma. Reminds me of Joakaim Noah except he's got a better sense of humor and is more likeable.

Some quotes:

On living in OKC:

On all the elbows, punches, etc, that he took this season:

On his first reality check in the NBA:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Dude is alpha as shit.

haha, after you bust someone's ass you gotta say "I'm the only silverback."

-Smak

poido123
06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
You guys do realize his sister is a two time olympic gold medalist right??? if thats one of his sisters imagine how tough his brothers are and he's the youngest thats why he's so tough and these wannabe tough guys in the NBA just dont phase him. If you guys knew how maori families are in NZ you'd know that Steve probably is the toughest guy in NBA already.

So I gather that Adams is tough? :lol

EwingMan
06-04-2014, 07:16 AM
so has 'alpha' just become a token word signifying affirmation/admiration?

i loved the interview; adams seems to be humble, competitive, and well spoken, but i wouldn't conflate that with alpha-ness.

i would even go further and say that alpha, if it were to keep an identifiable meaning, ought probably just be value neutral. obviously in the visceral, ferocious world of professional sports, its paramount to have a tireless competitive spirit, but alpha denotes a singularity or apex; great if durant wants to follow in the footsteps of the russels or the jordans, but no need for adams to be other than an intelligent, hard working contributor. (maybe the pacers have too many alpha cooks in the kitchen, so to speak?)

Either that or they go full-douchebag mode like Richard Sherman

i'm sorry sherman's dominance -on the field and in the media- has offended your delicate, resentful, non-'alpha' sensibilities.

Thorpesaurous
06-04-2014, 07:34 AM
I was not a fan of Adams going into the draft last year. Frankly I saw him play in person with Pitt, and he just seemed like a gigantic goofball with no sense for the game.

But he measured great. Legit size and length. Guy seemed like a beast in the combine, and the story was he didn't have more than a couple seasons basketball experience. I believe Pitt coach Jaime Dixon knew the family, and sort of took the kid on a flier just because of his size, and knowing the family's physical background.

Still I would've taken most of the bigs in last years draft over him. But once the games started, the truth is the NBA game is not quite as mentally taxing as the college game, and his role was simplified, and he was really good at it. I've become a fan.

OKC needs to be playing Lamb and Adams in pretty much all of Perkins and Sefolosha's minutes. If there's a way to get rid of those guys, they need to do it, and see how the couple young assets they have change their dynamic.

YouGotServed
06-04-2014, 07:42 AM

i loved the interview; adams seems to be humble, competitive, and well spoken, but i wouldn't conflate that with alpha-ness.

i would even go further and say that alpha, if it were to keep an identifiable meaning, ought probably just be value neutral. obviously in the visceral, ferocious world of professional sports, its paramount to have a tireless competitive spirit, but alpha denotes a singularity or apex; great if durant wants to follow in the footsteps of the russels or the jordans, but no need for adams to be other than an intelligent, hard working contributor. (maybe the pacers have too many alpha cooks in the kitchen, so to speak?)

i'm sorry sherman's dominance -on the field and in the media- has offended your delicate, resentful, non-'alpha' sensibilities.

Ridonks? gigantes? which one are you :coleman:

D-FENS
06-04-2014, 09:29 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/racist1.gif

D-FENS
06-04-2014, 09:38 AM
I was not a fan of Adams going into the draft last year. Frankly I saw him play in person with Pitt, and he just seemed like a gigantic goofball with no sense for the game.

But he measured great. Legit size and length. Guy seemed like a beast in the combine, and the story was he didn't have more than a couple seasons basketball experience. I believe Pitt coach Jaime Dixon knew the family, and sort of took the kid on a flier just because of his size, and knowing the family's physical background.

Still I would've taken most of the bigs in last years draft over him. But once the games started, the truth is the NBA game is not quite as mentally taxing as the college game, and his role was simplified, and he was really good at it. I've become a fan.

OKC needs to be playing Lamb and Adams in pretty much all of Perkins and Sefolosha's minutes. If there's a way to get rid of those guys, they need to do it, and see how the couple young assets they have change their dynamic.

I bought into the hype around Adams when he dominated Nerlens Noel toe-to-toe.

I was one of the few people who really saw him as a top 5 pick in this draft. His per 36 numbers at Pitt were 11 ppg, 10 rpg and 3 bpg.
This is the list of freshman centers to put up his raw numbers since 97-98:
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=&year_max=&conf_id=&school_id=&class_is_fr=Y&pos_is_c=Y&games_type=A&qual=&c1stat=trb_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=6&c2stat=blk_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=2&c3stat=pts_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=7&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Drummond suffered from the same issues on college - the game was too complex, the guards were horrible.

DMV2
06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
So some foreign farmer boy thinks OKC (borderline) sucks, can you imagine what Durant truly feels about OKC?

Mr. Unreliable will soon become Mr. Unavailable to Play in OKC.

AlphaWolf24
06-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Alpha is a comfortable calm confident mindset.....It's not always beating yo chest or acting tough or even necessarily having to be the best all the time.

example: MJ and Pippen....

- MJ was clearly the leader and superior Basketball player on the court ....Pippen understood this and played his role perfectly....in order for the Pack ( Bull's) to achieve success.

- But off the court , and in the company of Females when MJ tried to show Dominace, Pippen had to put MJ in his place when / if PIP felt threatened.

Pippen on occasions even dropped his pants to show MJ that he ( PIP) had a much larger **** and in effect....is MJ's superior in the game called life.

Is that a mark of an Alpha?...IMO yes......

and Pippen always had better looking females then MJ had.....Women want to be around Alpha's.....they want to listen to them and eventually mate.

it's nature....it's elementary.